stusue
Clownfish
Clownfish
597 Posts

Re:Group play started June 22nd, anyone welcome to join in

[Post New]by stusue on Jul 3, 13 11:04 AM
mcquigan wrote:Congrats to all who are playing, and all who have finished.
I started two days ago and have found I'm good for about 20 minutes playing time at the most; it's a little too cutesy for me.
I have read the thread noting that it is a short game however .

See you on the next group play!

mcquigan, I'm sorry you don't like it. I think the next group play game will be a lot different, not cutesy at all!

So, are you not going to finish it, or just do it a bit at a time and hopefully finish it?

mcquigan
Clownfish
Clownfish
726 Posts

[Post New]by mcquigan on Jul 4, 13 1:59 PM
Hi Stusue,
I am taking it in small doses at a time, and am hoping to finish it. At first the "small doses" were so small I couldn't remember what I was supposed to be doing I've gotten better and am accomplishing a little more now.

I must say that you are looking quite dapper and you wear that look well !

stusue
Clownfish
Clownfish
597 Posts

[Post New]by stusue on Jul 5, 13 12:55 AM

Why, thank you, mcquigan! **Preens in mirror** Yes, I must agree.

And I'm planning on staying this way! No more morphs for me. Nuh uh.

I'm glad you're going to finish it. But I can so understand forgetting what you're supposed to be doing when you start playing again. If I take any break at all, in any game, I'm totally lost when I restart and have no idea of what I was doing, should be doing, or where I'm supposed to be going! It's bad enough if I don't stop!

Good luck with the rest of the game. I just hope you're enjoying it.

But what's in my pressie? Can I open it now? Can I? Can I???? Is it more crackers?

mcquigan
Clownfish
Clownfish
726 Posts

[Post New]by mcquigan on Jul 5, 13 7:31 AM
Yes, you may open it now; I hope you like it
I do the same as you regarding game playing; I need to power through while I remember what I am supposed to be doing, and what on earth all those inventory items are (in case there isn't a title). I always say "thank you" when I see a task list, map, and inventory item titles.

stusue
Clownfish
Clownfish
597 Posts

[Post New]by stusue on Jul 5, 13 9:59 AM

Oh, mcquigan, I love it! I love it! I love my pressie!

**Takes a good look at it. Turns it around. Turns it upside down, back to front. Swims all around it. Stands on head to look at it. Looks at it in the mirror.**

Ummmm... mcquigan... ummmm... what is it?

I really love games that are broken up into areas. So, when you go to a new area you can take a break if RL intrudes like a desperate need for or or a potty break. Then, when you're ready to play again, you don't have to worry about what you were in the middle of doing, or where you were heading, or what you were going to do with that inventory item. Nope, you just have to start looking around anew. But only as long as you're able to go back to the last area to search for any missing collectibles/morphs/inventory items, etc.

I even feel the need to take notes when I'm playing a HOPA, especially the ones when you're running from one end of somewhere to the other and to all the places in between, collecting a gazillion inventory items with 2 gazillion things you need to fix that you haven't got inventory items for yet! And when I need to take a break?! Forget it. That's when the Hint button comes in real handy, when I've forgotten what the heck I was about to do or what on earth that crowbar/screwdriver/knife was for.

Continue to have fun with City of Secrets!

mcquigan
Clownfish
Clownfish
726 Posts

[Post New]by mcquigan on Jul 5, 13 11:59 AM
They are Parrot Fish Jammies in case you are too tired to make your own cocoon some night !
You are that species of Parrot Fish aren't you?

From National Geographic:
"Every night, certain species of parrot fish envelope themselves in a transparent cocoon made of mucous secreted from an organ on their head. Scientists think the cocoon masks their scent, making them harder for nocturnal predators to find."

After you try them on let me know if they fit, if not, back to Amazon they will go!

stusue
Clownfish
Clownfish
597 Posts

[Post New]by stusue on Jul 5, 13 12:20 PM

Parrot Fish Jammies! Parrot Fish Jammies! Yay! Just what I've wanted for as long as I can remember! Ever since I've been a .

mcquigan, how can I ever thank you?

And yes, I do normally protect myself at night. So my new jammies will keep me warm at the same time!

And don't you send them back! They fit fine... I just have to suck my tumtum in just so... and then make a bit more sand ... there, that should lighten the load! See, they fit just fine!

mcquigan
Clownfish
Clownfish
726 Posts

[Post New]by mcquigan on Jul 5, 13 2:08 PM
Oh good, I am so glad you like them; you know how tough it can be to buy for others!

stusue
Clownfish
Clownfish
597 Posts

[Post New]by stusue on Jul 6, 13 12:07 AM
Ah, mcquigan, I slept like a baby all night. All nice and safe and warm in my new jammies. And I woke up so refreshed and didn't even have to shower to wash all that yucky mucus off! So thank you!

mcquigan! Up here!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, but I want to stay a , hence I'm adding to this post rather than create another one - 'cause who knows when we'll actually get the new forums? I love the bright colours and I think I'm really cute as a . Not that I think aren't cute, as well, and I really like . But if you saw my house and garden you'd realise how much I love lots of really bright colours.

So no more pressies for me. I would have loved to have seen what you thought of for my morph. But now I'll never know. AND we'll never be siblings! At least we're friends. And I'll always have my jammies.

And there's lots going on over in the Adventurous Fish thread, if you wanna pop on in!

ETA: To reply to mcquigan without adding another post to help preserve my status.

Edited on 07/06/2013 at 10:16:10 AM PST

mcquigan
Clownfish
Clownfish
726 Posts

[Post New]by mcquigan on Jul 6, 13 8:47 AM
Alrighty then Sue!
Looking at the number of posts you have, I'm thinking of what kind of fabulous pressie I'll get you when you join me as a clown fish

Go to: