DRACULA 3 - - - YEAH !!!

bfgCelebes
Flounder
Flounder
2,038 Posts

Re:DRACULA 3 - - - YEAH !!!

[Post New]by bfgCelebes on Mar 6, 09 9:15 AM
Hi all,

The official Dracula 3 forums are now up and running, so I'm going to move this there.

Cheers!

~~~bfgCelebes~ ~~~

[Post New]by Script4Tears on Mar 6, 09 11:13 AM
DHSG ... or wotever it was pulled ?? (I did not know but kudos it was probably the right thing to do) well yes this one might be violent, but to my mind, it is a matter of common sense, people KNOW dracula isn't real (looks over shoulder)....... girls in high schools are real !

Tom and Jerry was violent for goodness sake, but they were a cat and a mouse in a cartoon. .....

Well you can't please all the people all of the time !!! So far I like this game, I like that you can 'space bar' through the dialog, and although the inventory etc when you right click seems almost scaier than Dracula, I think it is going to be quite simple to use.

Did I see someone mention Atlantis DROPS TO KNEES pleeeeeeeeeeeeease BF get these games please please please PLEEEEEEEEEEEASE

Oh and for the record yes it took me about 8 or 9 hours to download the little fuzzysucker, but I dont care, I love these games and I love BF too.

phatkhat
Stingray
Stingray
5,001 Posts

[Post New]by phatkhat on Mar 6, 09 8:11 PM
Return to Atlantis was awesome! Not Myst, but still great. It took me over a month to do it - it was a long game. I savor my adventures, anyway, and try to figure out the puzzles without hints. Some pixel hunting in Atlantis, but not enough to be bothersome. I'd really like to play the last two in the series.

HEAR THAT BFG???? We want Atlantis!!!

My absolute all time favorite adventure has to be Riven. I played it for almost a year. I'd get stumped, and go off to think about it, and come back and try again. Absolutely DIABOLICAL puzzles!! But you see from that that I really DO love the HARD puzzles! The Myst games were special, because pretty much you wouldn't get killed (Though starting with Exile you could, if you were dumb enough, LOL.) There was no inventory, you just accumulated information. Not much interaction with other people, just you against the puzzles. You really HAD to keep a journal to keep up with little hints. No chance of the Myst series - much too large, LOL. I bought the 10th anniversary set on eBay, it was updated to run on XP, which means it will run on Vista. My original Myst was like Windows 3.1, LOL.

AlexisMH
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by AlexisMH on Mar 7, 09 1:33 AM
I don't mind the weird/gory stuff, but oh, that 360-degree thing . . . it's nauseating. I hate to have to take Dramamine to play this. And a map would be helpful. I can't find the dispensary and I feel like I'm going in circles, which of course if accentuated by the 360-degree view. I downloaded it in about 90 minutes but most of you are way ahead of me in the game! I had to laugh at the player who complained that she couldn't put the priest to bed. I can't either, but I suppose he'll cave once he's looked at the dispensary, if I CAN FIND IT. It's the last thing on my to-do list for the that day.

AMH

[This is a very frightening, graphic and challenging game. Perfect for me! One puzzle took me over an hour to figure out!! That's what I enjoy, but definitely not for everyone.

The graphic are outstanding and the storyline is great. I'm really enjoying this game and I'm towards the end.

This is a very graphic game!! Not for the faint of heart!!

phatkhat
Stingray
Stingray
5,001 Posts

[Post New]by phatkhat on Mar 7, 09 2:40 AM
The dispensary is directly across from the Hotel. It's green.

This is definitely a good game! I am trying to figure out how to draw Arno's blood, but so far it has been pretty easy. I guess this is the first real challenge... Even though it has been quite tame till now, there have been a couple of "psychological" moments that have literally caused my hair to stand on end - like serious chills! I was going to just try a few minutes, and after about 4 hours... LOL. Going to bed. Now, if I can sleep...

[Post New]by southernbells6 on Mar 7, 09 3:41 AM
how long does it take to download. just looked at walkt through to get an idea of the game. sounds interesting. so be prepared for me screaming for help. think i'll be tieing up my laptop with download. lucky i have 2 computers.

susie_b
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

[Post New]by susie_b on Mar 7, 09 4:28 AM
Thanks BFG - was getting a little concerned at the quality of games since the beginning of the year but good on you. Am enjoying this game - are you going to give us the other games in the Dracula series soon??

[Post New]by andreasoxfan on Mar 7, 09 10:49 PM
scotcat wrote:
bfgErie wrote:Just want to let folks know that Dracula 3 is a little bit more bloody than your average large file adventure game. Although, you might expect to see a little blood in game about Dracula! I do want to point out that the game includes religious and occult symbols as well. Strangely enough, there are also swastika symbols in the game too. Big Fish Games is going to be putting a warning in the game description soon.

Yeah think?? I just watched the little video and got grossed out. A bit too ghoulish for my tastes. I'm really surprised to see BF offer this, especially after the Dangerous HS Girls brew-ha-ha.

There are Adults here, and I am happy to see that BigFish will offer some more "mature" games. If you do not approve, Don't play. I will decide what is "Too Ghoulish" for me....

mahbah55
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,025 Posts

[Post New]by mahbah55 on Mar 8, 09 2:54 PM
andreasoxfan wrote:
scotcat wrote:
bfgErie wrote:Just want to let folks know that Dracula 3 is a little bit more bloody than your average large file adventure game. Although, you might expect to see a little blood in game about Dracula! I do want to point out that the game includes religious and occult symbols as well. Strangely enough, there are also swastika symbols in the game too. Big Fish Games is going to be putting a warning in the game description soon.

Yeah think?? I just watched the little video and got grossed out. A bit too ghoulish for my tastes. I'm really surprised to see BF offer this, especially after the Dangerous HS Girls brew-ha-ha.

There are Adults here, and I am happy to see that BigFish will offer some more "mature" games. If you do not approve, Don't play. I will decide what is "Too Ghoulish" for me....

I completely agree!!

Welcome to the forums Andreasoxfan!

MAH

sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

[Post New]by sinshack on Mar 8, 09 4:49 PM
Grandmure wrote:I've been here for a few months, but this my first posting. All of your notes have been very helpful in selecting my next game purchases. Would someone give their opinion on whether the Syberia or Dracula series is better? Also does anyone reccommend Nancy Drew, and if so which are the best? It's so hard to tell from the little videos. Thanks in advance.

I loved both Syberia games, as well as the Nancy Drew and the Agatha Christi games. I prefer this game format to the 360 degree games, because I tend to get motion sickness playing those. Before buying any large file game, check out any available forums here, and make sure walk-thru's are available at your favorite site - I like both Game Boomers (linear walk-thru) and Universal Hint System (hints just as you need them, so you aren't tempted to read ahead). Google either site for their URL. By checking the frums you can see how other gamers like the game, any problems they have experienced with it, and get an idea of the style of game play.

Julie

Joanie707
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by Joanie707 on Mar 9, 09 12:35 AM
AlexisMH wrote:I don't mind the weird/gory stuff, but oh, that 360-degree thing . . . it's nauseating. I hate to have to take Dramamine to play this. And a map would be helpful. I can't find the dispensary and I feel like I'm going in circles, which of course if accentuated by the 360-degree view. I downloaded it in about 90 minutes but most of you are way ahead of me in the game! I had to laugh at the player who complained that she couldn't put the priest to bed. I can't either, but I suppose he'll cave once he's looked at the dispensary, if I CAN FIND IT. It's the last thing on my to-do list for the that day.

AMH

[This is a very frightening, graphic and challenging game. Perfect for me! One puzzle took me over an hour to figure out!! That's what I enjoy, but definitely not for everyone.

The graphic are outstanding and the storyline is great. I'm really enjoying this game and I'm towards the end.

Joanie707
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by Joanie707 on Mar 9, 09 12:37 AM
AlexisMH wrote:I don't mind the weird/gory stuff, but oh, that 360-degree thing . . . it's nauseating. I hate to have to take Dramamine to play this. And a map would be helpful. I can't find the dispensary and I feel like I'm going in circles, which of course if accentuated by the 360-degree view. I downloaded it in about 90 minutes but most of you are way ahead of me in the game! I had to laugh at the player who complained that she couldn't put the priest to bed. I can't either, but I suppose he'll cave once he's looked at the dispensary, if I CAN FIND IT. It's the last thing on my to-do list for the that day.

AMH

This sounds like a good game, does it have any HO in it?

I have sort been stuck on the HO games, though return to ravenhearst is a little bit of HO and this & that, I like it, it's fun. Graphics are a big thing with me and everyone seem to like the graphics on Draula.

I have a game credit burning a hole in my computer so maybe I will down load this one. Best reboot if I want it to get done tonight. I hope I am up to it

susanzero
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by susanzero on Mar 9, 09 1:06 AM
Please get the first two! And the other games on microids site are quite interesting too......

mahbah55
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,025 Posts

[Post New]by mahbah55 on Mar 9, 09 7:27 AM
Hi Joanie707, This game does not have any HO, but does have many puzzles. Some of them can be very challenging. The story line is great, the graphics are beautiful, and the town is very creepy! Hope you enjoy.

Welcome to the forums!
MAH

[Post New]by automaton on Mar 9, 09 4:23 PM
Grandmure wrote:I've been here for a few months, but this my first posting. All of your notes have been very helpful in selecting my next game purchases. Would someone give their opinion on whether the Syberia or Dracula series is better? Also does anyone reccommend Nancy Drew, and if so which are the best? It's so hard to tell from the little videos. Thanks in advance.

Syberia I is a very good game which I completed without assistance. I did not enjoy Syberia II as much since it seemed at least in part unnecessarily drawn out, not too logical, and the puzzles were quite difficult. I did need help with it but perhaps I just ran out of patience.

I have not played enough Dracula to compare it.

Nancy Drew games are fun and logical and some are educational but they are definitely not easy. I recommend them but be prepared to spend quite a bit of time in solving puzzles.

Edited on 03/09/2009 at 4:48:09 PM PST

dreamlass
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

[Post New]by dreamlass on Mar 9, 09 11:17 PM
susanzero wrote:Please get the first two! And the other games on microids site are quite interesting too......

ive been beging BFG for more microids games too if we all beg we might get some instead of all the kids games that have been happening
cheers

HELP ME!

[Post New]by bokvel on Mar 10, 09 3:08 AM
ndebo03 wrote:I want to play this game so badly - I bought it and started the download. I am sick so while it was downloading I went to sleep for a bit, but the last time I looked it was at 47%. When I woke up it said installation failed and when I click try again it doesn't even start again, it just says failed. Anyone else having issues?

Hi there
I have had exactly the same problem. It would seem that if you are not sitting at the computer once the game has downloaded and are there to press "continue" to install, installation fails. I am also trying to find a solution to this problem. If you are at the computer and press "continue", no problem it installs and works.

Can anyone out there help us?

Joanie707
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by Joanie707 on Mar 11, 09 6:00 PM
mahbah55 wrote:Hi Joanie707, This game does not have any HO, but does have many puzzles. Some of them can be very challenging. The story line is great, the graphics are beautiful, and the town is very creepy! Hope you enjoy.

Welcome to the forums!
MAH

Finally did get it downloaded, went through until the priest went to bed and had that nasty little night terror. I promised my daughter we would play this together, she is a real Dracula buff and already we were both very impressed, she had to leave to pick up my grandson from kindergarden, but I know now I have the right bait to get her and my grandson over more often (of course he will not be included in this game, he has his own scooby-doo meets the werewolf), he goes to Catholic School----we are Catholic (oops how is that going to go over? It is only a game right? Shiver~~~~~). And thank you for the welcome. Glad to be here. Now while my daughter is not around I will go on with RTR, I don't know how far I am into it, but in the journal I am on Page 20. Or maybe I should do ironing or pull weeds? naaaah, those will wait

Good luck everyone~~~~watch your back!! tee hee

Playful61
Clownfish
Clownfish
846 Posts

Trying to get priest to go to sleep

[Post New]by Playful61 on Mar 12, 09 9:12 AM
gadget56 wrote:For the life of me I can not seem to get the priest to sleep, can any one help? There is no forum for this game yet.

Hi; I finally got the priest to sleep simply by making sure I had finished the first day's tasks... have you been up to the graveyard yet?

I'm stuck trying to get blood out of my (the priest's) arm... suggestions?

Playful61
Clownfish
Clownfish
846 Posts

[Post New]by Playful61 on Mar 12, 09 9:19 AM
Grandmure wrote:I've been here for a few months, but this my first posting. All of your notes have been very helpful in selecting my next game purchases. Would someone give their opinion on whether the Syberia or Dracula series is better? Also does anyone reccommend Nancy Drew, and if so which are the best? It's so hard to tell from the little videos. Thanks in advance.[/quot

Hello; I find all these games fascinating. some of the Nancy Drew games have mini games that are frustrating to play - especially if your reflexes are 'aging'

I absolutely love the Syberia series and you don't have to be a genius to figure out the puzzles

Walkthroughs are always helpful, especially the first time you play these type of games.

If you dislike gore, the Syberia series is much more enjoyable than Dracula. And, Dracula is fun if not taken too seriously but, not for the faint of heart nor the average youngster without supervision.

Nancy is always fun to play with, but more complicated than other games.

And that's my opinion!

Go to: