Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

Re:Welcome to Dracula 3: The Path of the Dragon forum

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Jul 15, 09 2:30 PM
There is half a sentence missing from the walkthrough, which is why you can't always trust them. The missing bit is ... after the fact.

Once you pull the lever and lift the lid, you can't turn round. What's on the wall is what you're going to make, blind. Directions will appear under the lid.

Edited on 07/15/2009 at 2:32:21 PM PST

ogieogie
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by ogieogie on Jul 16, 09 7:06 AM
Mr._Russ; you seem to know everything about this game; I am stuck in the attic and not getting the puzzle to open Steven Lucas trunk; read a walkthrough and it seems I missed a death certificate, and a Flag? I have the needle for the Gramaphone, but I am pretty stuck.
Do you think I should return to the previouse level I saved in which I got into his room and found him dead, after just getting back into town.... I never got help solving the word puzzles either from the professor. Should I go back there? Thanks; I will check back later.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Jul 16, 09 7:51 AM
There is a coin slot to the left of the trunk that takes Stephan's medallion. That opens up the flag puzzle where you have to rotate 6 coloured drums to make the Romanian flag (seen on the gravestone).

There are two word puzzles. For the first, the decrypter is set up for you. You need the pencil on the sheet to the right of it to see what you're decrypting. For the second, you need to solve the day puzzle to identify the order of the decoder wheels. You need to look close up on and understand the envelope on the desk.

Edit. I wonder. For professor, are you talking about Irina in Budapest in her library in Budapest on day three and the three acrostics puzzles in The Book of the Apocalypse? The word puzzles I talked about are in Janos' room.

Edited on 07/16/2009 at 9:13:36 AM PST

[Post New]by zeniazenia on Jul 16, 09 9:14 AM
Mr_Russ wrote:There is half a sentence missing from the walkthrough, which is why you can't always trust them. The missing bit is ... after the fact.

Once you pull the lever and lift the lid, you can't turn round. What's on the wall is what you're going to make, blind. Directions will appear under the lid.

sorry to bother you again but I can't understand.I Pull the lever the dorr drops and then when I open the lid of the panel on the floor I'm dead and on the wall where I can see a japanese puzzle there isn't anything that I can move or do

[Post New]by zeniazenia on Jul 16, 09 9:17 AM
zeniazenia wrote:
Mr_Russ wrote:There is half a sentence missing from the walkthrough, which is why you can't always trust them. The missing bit is ... after the fact.

sorry to bother you again but I can't understand.I Pull the lever the dorr drops and then when I open the lid of the panel on the floor I'm dead and on the wall where I can see a japanese puzzle there isn't anything that I can move or do

just ignore the above I've just got it what means DONT LOOK BACK!!!! thanks anyway

tayers81
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
15,692 Posts

[Post New]by tayers81 on Jul 18, 09 8:03 AM
I was wondering the same thing as writergir189201. I figured Dracula Origin was the 1st Dracula, and now I've just downloaded Dracula 3, but what heck happened to Dracula 2? I'm a big fan of anything Dracula and I was hoping to have another one to play.

Also, I just started this one, but it seems a little boring compared to Dracula Origin. Will this pick up at all or is it like this all the way through?

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Oct 23, 09 2:51 AM
Have a look in the STUCK WITH PENTAGRAM ... thread.

juhuwoorps
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by juhuwoorps on Dec 11, 09 6:17 AM
I had never played either first or second part of this game..So for those who didn't, they may come to the forum to look for reviews..; I wish before I downloaded it..I would have looked to the other parts of the game, perhaps it was mentioned there..

That being said;

It should be noted..that although this game looks interesting..it is made with panoramic views. the camera spins..Although u can slow this down..You can't change the option to play in First person...--which would be very helpful to those who get dizzy playing these kinds of games..

After waiting as long as i did to download..I couldn't get past the first scene..it made me really dizzy..and I suffer vertigo..If u suffer from any kind of vertigo and it can be triggered easily...You won't be able to play this game.. ...

That being said the game does look interesting..and I wish i could have played it..

Peace

Edited on 12/11/2009 at 6:19:47 AM PST

[Post New]by LenaSl on Dec 19, 09 1:56 PM
Hello! I can't get out of Irina Boczow's room on Day 3. I got the letter and the cylinder out of the safe, read Bram Stoker's letter, read the red book, read the left book, decyphered 2 prophecies, compared the paintings. At this moment I can't talk to Irina - the talk icon appears, but there is no text; I can't go through the door because of the message 'This is no time to take my leave', can't got to the library. I'd be thankful for your help!

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Dec 21, 09 2:25 AM
You have three acrostics to do in the book of the apocalypse.

[Post New]by LenaSl on Dec 25, 09 1:27 PM
Hello, Mr_Russ! Did the 3rd one, no change... What am I missing? Thank you so much for help!

izarod
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by izarod on Jan 19, 10 12:45 PM
Hi! I hope someone out there can help me. I am stuck at the Old Oak Tree croosroads. After I spoke to Luana and she told me,"Know your enemies first!" I cannot go any further. I even tried a walkthrough,and it says,"Look for a print near the water." What water,what print? I can't figure out what to do next. Somebody please help. Then it says to go forward on the path that Luana showed. I did not see her point to any path. HELP????

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Jan 19, 10 2:40 PM
Know your enemies ... simple to say, difficult to do. Half of day 5 has to be complete before you do that.

What's in your objectives?

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Jan 19, 10 2:43 PM
LenaSl wrote:Hello, Mr_Russ! Did the 3rd one, no change... What am I missing? Thank you so much for help!
Are you still having trouble?
I found out when I played this again subsequently that you only have to do the first two at this point. You have to do the third later on.
Did you get the wax cylinder from the strongbox?

izarod
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by izarod on Jan 19, 10 7:36 PM
Well,I got through Luana at the aold Oak Tree. Went to the Chapel. Again,talked to Luana. I am now gathering the things Luana asked for,but I for some reason do not have a knife any longer. I need a knife to cut the wild roses from the bush by the grave that I got the ashes from. Where am I supposed to get a knife. The last time I had the knife was when I cut the string on my door at the inn. Again HELP????

Edited on 01/19/2010 at 11:09:53 PM PST

mosher55
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by mosher55 on Jan 24, 10 1:28 PM
I went online to find a sequel to Dracula: Origin and have found Dracula 2: The last sanctuary. Before playing Dracula 3, would it not make sense to play 2 first?

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Jan 25, 10 5:33 AM
Dracula 2 the last sanctuary is the sequel to Dracula Resurrection, not Origin.

From wikipedia -

> Dracula: Resurrection is a 1999 point-and-click horror adventure video game.
It was followed by Dracula 2: The Last Sanctuary in 2000 and Dracula 3: The Path of the Dragon in 2008.

Edited on 01/25/2010 at 5:49:15 AM PST

aalaurie
Minnow
Minnow
273 Posts

[Post New]by aalaurie on Apr 5, 10 1:08 PM
I bought this game only to find out that it does not run. It "stutters" through all of the introductory dialogue and I can't make sense of it. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to deal with this problem. Took forever to download and hoping there is a fix without redownloading it. Thanks, Annie

bfgZambezi
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,858 Posts

[Post New]by bfgZambezi on Apr 5, 10 1:53 PM
Hey aalaurie,

Sometimes large file games can put more stress on your computer and the minimum requirements can be a lot higher. It might help to double check that you're running the most updated version of your display drivers and DirectX to see if that helps at all.

The following help article has more information on how to find these updates if you don't already have them:

Unable to Play Downloadable Game

If you need further technical assistance, I'd definitely suggest contacting Customer Support. You can contact Customer Support by clicking on the green envelope to the right of the screen, and then clicking "Contact Us" at the bottom left of the next page to reach the Webform. Or if you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can connect to Live Chat through your "My Game Club" page

Hope this helps!

-bfgZambezi

[Post New]by quilter4 on Jun 6, 10 9:09 AM
ok im at the part where u talk to luana at the oak tree crossroads and she says u have to "get to know your enemies" does anybody know what to do cuz im stuck and its really frustrating!!!!

Go to: