Social Aspect

pveil
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

Re:Social Aspect

[Post New]by pveil on Sep 2, 13 8:21 PM
Rumbitothecore wrote:Hi pveil

I'm really glad to have you as a neighbour If there is anything you really, really want on your wish list beyond all others, feel free to send me a message and I'll send it to you.

I'm fairly sure that you can't sync this version with FB's. In the future they may take it off online and have it downloadable onto our PC's with the ability to sync with FB. They have made BF's version of Dark manor interfaceable with IOS devices and FB. But at the moment, this version is sort of stand alone, except for the finding of random neighbours.

Aww; thanks The same goes on my end, though not sure what the message glitch was about earlier (again, apologies).
Thing is, there are things you can only get by winning wizard battles
What this game needs is it's very own swap meet, where players can trade everything (won't need all those red balls for wizard battles? why not trade them for the artifact charges you can't get instead?)
I'm sure there has to be a way to do that. . ..

Edited on 09/02/2013 at 8:24:19 PM PST

AuntyMog
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by AuntyMog on Sep 3, 13 3:27 AM
burnettchic318 wrote:
spocalina wrote:I tried messaging them yesterday through the game mailbox, but no luck yet... we'll see.

AuntyMog wrote:My only neighbour has gone to sleep. I have tried messaging them. Still no response..

I'm guessing it depends on the player actually returning to the game.

ok.. what i have seen happen for me is this. When this person is sleeping, I hit WAKE UP, then my game goes to small/window mode, but if I look at that person's icon/neighbor window it is no longer showing me WAKE UP. I am able to go to their land and to gift them, but not long after I visit and gift they are back asleep.

This is all after I sent that ingame mail to them informing them that I have tried to wake them up.

hope this helps, keep me posted.

This hasn't worked for me.

[Post New]by burnettchic318 on Sep 3, 13 9:36 AM
AuntyMog wrote:

This hasn't worked for me.

hmm.. ok.. gonna write exactly what i do with my sleeping person, in case i left out a step.

My game is in full screen mode, I click Wake UP on the neighbor's picture, I get a pop up that says do you want to wake up your neighbor, if neighbor comes back playing both get a reward. I click Yes/OK... then my screen goes to window mode, I look down at their icon and it is no longer wake up, I go visit and/or gift them then go back to full screen and play as normal, but they go back to wake up mode in bout 5mins after I leave their land.

hope this helps, i may have a few steps out of order (like when the pop up shows up for me - i am going by memory) but this is the gist of what i see and how i deal w/the sleeper.

if this does not work for you still, let me know.. i will keep trying to see if i am doing something different.

spocalina
Herring
Herring
368 Posts

[Post New]by spocalina on Sep 3, 13 9:48 AM
burnettchic, this has worked really well for me since you told me about it, BUT I do have to fiddle with it every time a little. Sometimes, the person temporarily "wakes up" the other way around, when I go from window mode to full screen. Sometimes I have to try more than once. Sometimes I have to reload the game to get that function to work again. Maybe you can try that too, AuntyMog. But inevitably, after some fiddling, I am able to go visit each neighbor.

spocalina
Herring
Herring
368 Posts

[Post New]by spocalina on Sep 3, 13 1:24 PM
An additional note that may help someone.

I just figured out why sometimes I have to reload the game or go back and forth between full/small screen mode.

When I click on the "wake up" button like burnettchic has laid out, it really does temporarily wake up the other neighbor, but it doesn't reflect that on the screen. Must be some minor glitch. As soon as I do anything to change the screen (e.g. going between full/small screen, reloading, or scrolling through my neighbors in small screen mode), it updates and shows that I can visit that neighbor.

So now all I do is wake each neighbor up, go to the small screen version, and scroll to the right until I can't see any of them. Then I scroll back, and voila -- they're all available!

Hope that makes sense and helps someone.

AuntyMog
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by AuntyMog on Sep 3, 13 9:44 PM
spocalina wrote:An additional note that may help someone.

I just figured out why sometimes I have to reload the game or go back and forth between full/small screen mode.

When I click on the "wake up" button like burnettchic has laid out, it really does temporarily wake up the other neighbor, but it doesn't reflect that on the screen. Must be some minor glitch. As soon as I do anything to change the screen (e.g. going between full/small screen, reloading, or scrolling through my neighbors in small screen mode), it updates and shows that I can visit that neighbor.

So now all I do is wake each neighbor up, go to the small screen version, and scroll to the right until I can't see any of them. Then I scroll back, and voila -- they're all available!

Thanks for all the detail, I have tried all these things, except scrolling as I only have one neighbour, besides Elvira, and it won't scroll, and my damn neighbour still won't wake up. I will try again tomorrow, maybe I just got the combination wrong.

[Post New]by Sonitsa on Sep 3, 13 10:04 PM
Rumbitothecore wrote:I've sent out invitations to the random folk it has given me but none have come back saying I'll be your neighbour. I couldn't find anywhere to search to add specific friends and I also haven't been able to battle even though I have a quest to do it. Perhaps I need to open the Magic Gates in the wizards Guild thingie before I can battle... If I find anything out I'll let you know

i playing this game about 20 days. I invite friends and they add. It wasn t necessery to open the gate.

[Post New]by caroleenie1 on Sep 4, 13 8:31 PM
Hi All...... am fairly new to this too and am looking for friends and neighbors, and anyone can add me........ but can someone tell me how to invite/add others and how to let others know they can addme????

[Post New]by burnettchic318 on Sep 4, 13 9:49 PM
caroleenie1 wrote:Hi All...... am fairly new to this too and am looking for friends and neighbors, and anyone can add me........ but can someone tell me how to invite/add others and how to let others know they can addme????

Hiya Caroleenie1 and welcome. at this time we can not add friends manually. we have to just keep sending out the 10 random names the game generates and hope that one of them will be playing and will answer and be your neighbor.

the rate of getting a neighbor varies... some have gotten their first one in as little as a week and others have been at it for weeks and finally got a neighbor recently. all i can suggest is that you just keep sending out those invites to the randoms whenever you see that you can send them.

other than that have fun and if you have any questions please come give us a holler, we will help if we can.

@ Sonitsa - hiya and thnx for stopping by to help us out with that info. Rumbi already figured it out, he was one of the first to keep doing the randoms and got a neighbor in bout a week or 2.

[Post New]by caroleenie1 on Sep 5, 13 1:51 AM
I am so excited to get your reply burnettchic 318........... one of your moderators has been quite kind; but you have given me the answer I'm looking for

am having alot of fun and so send the random requests daily........ have 1 friend and I'm not quite sure how I acquired her am looking for a lot more, and am hoping others will add me as well.......

my last question is when I go to the dueling or competition, I don't get any response from anyone,......... it is lonely at the top...... hahahahahahs...

I will keep playing and plugging along I love BFG and the games...... thanks so much for your help....

[Post New]by burnettchic318 on Sep 5, 13 8:21 AM
caroleenie1 wrote:I am so excited to get your reply burnettchic 318........... one of your moderators has been quite kind; but you have given me the answer I'm looking for

my last question is when I go to the dueling or competition, I don't get any response from anyone,......... it is lonely at the top...... hahahahahahs...

I will keep playing and plugging along I love BFG and the games...... thanks so much for your help....

lol.. thnx for the compliment but i am not a mod, just a fellow fishie. and glad to help when and if i can.

dueling/battles are not working for us on the online game, only works on the "other social network" game. according to one of our fellow fishies, fairhaven, customer service is aware that the neighbors and the battle system do not work for us and that supposedly they will have a fix coming down the pipes for us, just not idea when. you can look at the Battle post for more info.

gratz on your neighbor. hope you and your neighbor have tons of fun together, and just remember to give us a holler here for questions or even just to shout out.

AuntyMog
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by AuntyMog on Sep 7, 13 2:07 PM
spocalina wrote:An additional note that may help someone.

Now that I have two more neighbours (Yay ) and I can scroll through them, your trick works for me. Though now I have two active neighbours who are around the same level as me, I don't feel so lonely

MaddyMartina
Guppy
Guppy
185 Posts

[Post New]by MaddyMartina on Sep 7, 13 4:30 PM
Still no neighbors...congrats to all who have some!!

Go to: