wrinkles89
Minnow
Minnow
249 Posts

Re:Reviews for My Singing Monsters

[Post New]by wrinkles89 on Sep 4, 14 7:02 AM
You can play this game without spending real money but most players, if they continue, will have spent at least $250. to $300. before they accumulate enough diamonds and player savvy to continue playing without spending any more real money. The developers plant hints in the game loading phase that makes the new players believe that by purchasing specific items, like wishing torches, that they will experience greater success with breeding. The wishing torches require diamonds which are the money makers of the game. There is also the need to use diamonds to purchase characters in order to breed other characters if you lose patience when breeding. The biggest trap however is the Island Rating where many spent big $$ decorating their islands only to find out that the top100 islands rarely changed because players were not spending hours reviewing more than 100 islands, therefore the probability that your island would make it into the top 10 was not likely. This continues to be a big complaint. My disappointment with free games is that the developers are able to change the breeding combination probabilities, and I am certain that that is happening, each time players give other players "cheat hints" for successful breeding. That makes it an unfair game. Lastly, I don't like not having complete control over the game. I prefer games that I have hard copies of. I have 26 Big Fish games but only 2 of them are downloaded. I have the DVD's for the other 24. I now purchase games for the PS3, Wii console and the XBox. The games are expensive and don't get played as often as some PC games but they can be played anywhere I choose without having to repurchase them if I buy additional game consoles. I have 4 PC lap tops and 5 PC towers in this house. I also have an upstairs and a downstairs Wii and PS3 consoles in the house.

[Post New]by billiejolear on Oct 25, 14 7:01 AM
I agree with other posts here. I am not going to play any of the games that really need further purchase to get the full effect. As soon as I realize this is a game of this nature it gets deleted. I am sitting pretty with my game club credit from this month waiting for a new time management game to come out. Would like one of the good ones soon. <3

Hazey1953
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by Hazey1953 on Oct 25, 14 6:03 PM
I like the game but I'm getting very frustrated at how hard it is to breed a "rare" monster. I've beed trying for 2 of the "rare" months for at east 3 months and no luck. I even lit torches supposed to increase odds......?

It's boring once you have all the easier to get monsters and can't seem to be able to successfully bread any of the hard to get ones.. Don't know how much longer I'll be playing.

[Post New]by HighSierra on Nov 4, 14 5:22 PM
I absolutely love My Singing Monsters. I have been playing for a year or more and just powered up my first Wubbox on plant island! I'm going to be 60 this month and don't get into just clicking to acquire things like so many Face Book games have you doing (like Farmville). I love that I don't have to spend any money; I just have to be patient, and keep clicking away. I have not yet figured out how to bigify my monsters... and I'm afraid to... as my plant island is looking overcrowded as it is.I'm not even aware of what bigifying is or does, but for me that is all the fun, figuring out things as I go. There are always new surprises every day! Rock on monsters and keep procreating, my islands are rocking.

Natty15519
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

[Post New]by Natty15519 on Dec 3, 14 7:51 PM
HighSierra wrote: I have not yet figured out how to bigify my monsters... and I'm afraid to... as my plant island is looking overcrowded as it is.I'm not even aware of what bigifying is or does, but for me that is all the fun, figuring out things as I go. There are always new surprises every day! Rock on monsters and keep procreating, my islands are rocking.

You should go explore.... "VISIT" random islands created by other players. You'll get to see some monsters that have been BIGified, then you'll get an idea if you like it. I had to make room to bigify my Punkleton, it's cool because he also gets BIG on Gold Island at the same time. You can pay to try it as a temporary thing first, and you can flip back to reg. size at anytime you desire.

Arehte
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by Arehte on Dec 11, 14 12:38 AM
I have found the game great even with some of the problems it is growing better. They are quite right that all the monsters can be grown with out spending anything on them. This is not used by many other games which is a hard time to use some places in those games if you don't have much money to use but have the time.

Arehte
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by Arehte on Dec 25, 14 11:03 PM
Hazey1953 wrote:I like the game but I'm getting very frustrated at how hard it is to breed a "rare" monster. I've beed trying for 2 of the "rare" months for at east 3 months and no luck. I even lit torches supposed to increase odds......?

It's boring once you have all the easier to get monsters and can't seem to be able to successfully bread any of the hard to get ones.. Don't know how much longer I'll be playing.

I can under. It stand the time problems with time to get some monsters bred. It can take a while to get some that take 24+ hours but there is a help with the timing and breeding site that is very good to get the breeding values. This is the site:
http://mysingingmonsters.wikia.com/wiki/Breeding
Happy breeding

Natty15519
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

Reviews for My Singing Monsters

[Post New]by Natty15519 on Jan 1, 15 1:07 PM
I am totally fed up with the 4 to 25 web pages opening when I click on the NEWS icon.
The RED X won't close the Rate The Game page. Every time I click the RED X another web page opens. GRRRRRRRR PLEASE fix this annoying problem.

Arehte
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by Arehte on Jan 14, 15 1:57 AM
I have found the game excellent and are having a good time learning skills that have helped me in other places. I have 4 ethereal monsters to get and then I'll see what I can do with all the monsters.

[Post New]by NightsWing on Feb 22, 15 11:31 AM

WOW!!! I saw this earlier in the game but I ignored it hoping I was wrong. I was not wrong. you will need money to finish the game. I am bummed out now. I guess I can just leave it like it is. just not play it so much so the fun will last, who am I kidding, I will let it go... leave it to bum out. I really liked this one too.

wmsfolks wrote:
tookat wrote:How do I feel?
Disappointed!
As soon as I found out I would need to purchase items with real cash, I logged out and deleted the game.
I would have liked to play this game, but even if I were not on a strict budget, I have serious objections to games that require you to make purchases in order to play.

If I am wrong, and this is not the case, I apologize......
but I hate to see Big Fish going down this road.

You ARE NOT wrong! I too, am bummed out about this fun game. I think we pay BigFish Games enough with our monthly cost. Too bad, this is such a cute game!

WilsonBN
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by WilsonBN on May 9, 15 5:49 PM
I found a good way to breed rare monsters is to breed the normal version of it (a) with the next higher tier of monster (b), like a Scups with a Riff (when the rare Scups was available). I have yet to get a 'b' monster from this type of pairing, so my breeding attempts invariably result in monster 'a' or its rare version, 'A' when available. Since you're using monster 'a' directly and not the monsters that can produce it, you will have a higher overall chance of breeding the rare monster from that combination. The only exception with this plan is the quad element monsters, which don't have a higher tier you can breed with; in this case, investing in wishing torches helps.

Once you get a rare monster 'A', you can breed the normal and rare versions together, which will always give either the normal or rare version each time with no other possibilities (again, as long as the rare version is available). This is because the game treats a monster and its rare counterpart as two different monster types for the compatibility check, but the same monster type for the result check.

[Post New]by redheadedlady51 on Jun 20, 15 4:49 AM
I've been playing this game for about a year and have not spent any money but also don't have any monsters other than the basic. Haven't had a new monster forever. Getting bored and am max'd out on everything. Need to make monsters more reasonably priced. Refuse to buy diamonds to buy a monster for 1500.

goldenrodfarm
Guppy
Guppy
111 Posts

[Post New]by goldenrodfarm on Jul 20, 15 1:44 AM
You don't have to shell out any money to do this game, I haven't and I have all the monsters, and 6 or more of most of the ethereal monsters It just takes time. Diamonds add up pretty fast if you have a mine on each island, right now I have about 1000 diamonds. But since they are not going to update this game we are at a dead end with PC's, the app players have all kinds of stuff we don't, plus it looks like the hula will not be coming to us this year since it is already the 19th.

[Post New]by Shoop_Da_Doobie on Oct 5, 15 6:57 PM
Im in tears!!! I love My Singing Monsters... I have spent money on the game... way too much when I looked to see how much... Ive maxed out my level.. opened up all island, wubbox on islands and 3 on gold... at least 4 of each shuggabush... Im just sick.. crying over a game but I love this game... my grandkids love it when I say hey I have a new monster!! they come running to see... they like to pick out which one they think it will be... compare eggs and monsters.... I was getting a sox on ethereal in less then 3 hours... when my grandson came home from school he ask if we could hatch the egg now... I said Im sorry baby the game is GONE... it deleted my entire game and started back over at hatch a dang Noggin..... WHERE IS MY GAME AT.... PLEASE TELL ME YOU CAN GET MY GAME BACK TO ME WITH ALL MY MONSTERS I ALREADY HAVE... I had to buy the hotel and upgrade and all of them are full... I JUST WANT MY GAME BACK...

[Post New]by lubedoc on Oct 7, 15 5:17 PM
Hi, First off let me say that I really like this game on iPad ios, however the (PC version 1.2.9) of this game I am very unimpressed with it as it's so far behind the iPad (version 1.3.5) that I feel totally ripped off. Let me explain when I downloaded the PC game I assumed that it was exactly the same as the iPad game (My fault I guess)however to my surprise it's not. In the beginning I spent a lot of money I believe on diamonds & gold only to find out as I leveled that the items that are a real asset to the game like 2 breeding structures, 2 nursery's as well as the enhanced version of those structures as well as the Fuzer are not included in the PC version. So as I said I feel ripped off and I do not play very much at all for those reasons, I wish I could just get my money back and then I could delete the game from my computer and forget that I ever played it at all. On iPad I run 5 accounts and have spent huge sums of money on them.
I would definitely not recommend playing the PC version of this game as the progress will be way slower than it is even on the iPad version and all the advantages of the game are missing. I also just read a post that says they have no plans of updating the PC version of My Singing Monsters.
Very honest Customer Hope they allow my post. Doc.

bcbuddy
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by bcbuddy on Mar 18, 16 7:11 AM
I have been playing this game a long time. I have spent an occasional small amount of money on it but have managed to breed Plant, Cold, Air, Water, Earth and Shuga monsters for free. I even managed to save up 75 million gold game coins to buy the Wubbox. Now all that’s left are the Ethereal monsters and I have reached the point where I’m slowly losing the will to live.

All I seem to be doing is breeding the correct combinations over and over again in the hope that today will be the day I achieve that 1% chance of being successful. With breeding and incubation times of 8 to 12 hours it’s going to take a long time and because the game devs are not going to work on any updates for the PC version that means I even miss out on the breeding structure upgrade which would reduce the breeding time.

Of course I could pay to fill up Ethereal island but that would cost me anything up to £500. To save up enough diamonds, using diamond mines, for just one ethereal monster would take 171 days, that’s approximately 5 months.

The free to play version is crying out for upgrades to make game play a bit quicker, but the devs have stated that that’s not going to happen. Sorry guys I know it is appreciated that patience is all part of the game, but mine has just run out. I will not spend another British penny on this game nor wait until it decides to give me that 1% chance of breeding monster.

Go to: