ydsamosa
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

Re:Welcome to Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' forum

[Post New]by ydsamosa on Feb 22, 14 3:54 PM
StirlingLass wrote:I have similar issues. Nearing level 40. Quests disappeared long ago, even though according to Achievements there should be more. According to Achievements, There are apparently several cities I still need to unlock (which do not show up on the map). When I auction an item and buyout price is used by the purchaser, I often don't get the money. But do seem to get the money when I set buy out price crazily high so that item is won via bidding. I also have seen the weird issues in some cities in which (at higher levels) objects are not present, or the picky shopper description is for a construction hat but you have to click on a smoothie drink, or similar, to complete the match. A couple times I completed an achievement and the application acknowledged such, but did not give me my reward (such as a parfait looking item) into my inventory. I can't complete a number of achievements for reasons such as 1) quests no longer present themselves, 2) no more pets are offered to unlock, 3) no more pet accessories are offered, 4) I have over 50 friends but only about 12 show up in the list of people I can send messages to (the message pull down menu does not scroll), and only the first 8 friends or so show up in the Friends thumbnails window at screen bottom when one clicks on friends. So I can't (without bothering the same 10 people) complete the messaging quests, 5) one time my gold I was saving up suddenly disappeared - don't know why. I had around 50 gold, and the next time I looked I didn't have any, but I'd not spent any, so some bug reset my gold.
I kept thinking that if I went high enough in levels, perhaps the quests would return, new pets would be available, etc. But based upon others nearing level 50, it sounds like that is not going to happen. I still like some of the mini games, but probably am going to give up on this game until there is a significant patch available.

ydsamosa
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by ydsamosa on Feb 22, 14 4:08 PM
I am on my third game, the first i got to 67 the second 70 and this one im on now im around 20. the first lost all my money, second was ok after updating, however I tried to put on a different computer it uploaded a new one so i have started again,so I have lost alot of real MONEY!!! I love this game but this is the last chance go!!!!! I also had friends on the other games that were up to 100 so it does keep going.i Just hope they sort it out soon.

[Post New]by lmaloney on Feb 26, 14 12:25 PM
worst game ever - i would never suggest it to anyone most frustrating money grab I have ever played

[Post New]by peretti44 on Mar 11, 14 12:50 PM
I bought the shrimp cocktial, but did not receive anything for it. I am out 10,000. Where can I take my complaint?

april3850
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,827 Posts

[Post New]by april3850 on Mar 15, 14 12:02 AM
peretti44 wrote:I bought the shrimp cocktial, but did not receive anything for it. I am out 10,000. Where can I take my complaint?

You need to report this to customer service. Their link is at the bottom of this page.

[Post New]by nautilis123 on Mar 23, 14 1:41 PM
Anybody know what are considered keepsake items?

Also, how does the complete achievements get updated?

[Post New]by bdubb45 on Mar 29, 14 2:22 PM
luckyma55 wrote:I am trying to open the tackle box with the paper clip but it is not working. How do you complete this quest. I have used a lot of energy trying to pick the lock but it never works. Any ideas?

anyone PLZ message me ASAP!

Edited on 03/30/2014 at 11:25:18 AM PST

april3850
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,827 Posts

[Post New]by april3850 on Mar 29, 14 7:08 PM
nautilis123 wrote:Anybody know what are considered keepsake items?

Also, how does the complete achievements get updated?

Keepsakes are used for three things. Some of them get you extra coins for 30 minutes. Others get you extra exp so you level up faster, And others reduce the amount of energy needed for cities. There is one that you can get with coins, the others have to be bought with gold or earned through achievements.

Some of the achievements do not have updates yet. Once you have completed them, that's it! But others advance to a higher stage that takes longer to achieve,

The developers periodically hold special events where we get additional opportunities to win gold and other rewards. The next event should be Easter, we hope.

[Post New]by dawn3216 on Apr 8, 14 2:07 PM
Come on now. It is obviously time for an update. I am only getting an ocassional Daily Quest. It gets boring when there are no quests.

[Post New]by Debb214 on Apr 12, 14 11:51 AM
Does anyone know how to get the floatplane? I have no idea where it is or how to get it? Never heard of it or saw it before this quest.

Thanks in advance for your help.

cjmorgan11
Minnow
Minnow
233 Posts

[Post New]by cjmorgan11 on Apr 12, 14 12:51 PM
Debb214 wrote:Does anyone know how to get the floatplane? I have no idea where it is or how to get it? Never heard of it or saw it before this quest.

Thanks in advance for your help.

In Breezy Bay, choose the button for town decor. It should be in there and you have to buy it with coins.

[Post New]by dawn3216 on Apr 23, 14 8:13 PM
No updates available and I get one quest a day and that is it. This keeps happening and it is getting old!!! Come on BFG keep up!

[Post New]by cjem2011 on May 2, 14 6:43 PM
How do you place a bid without a 'buyout' option?

cjmorgan11
Minnow
Minnow
233 Posts

[Post New]by cjmorgan11 on May 3, 14 8:36 AM
cjem2011 wrote:How do you place a bid without a 'buyout' option?

Right above the buyout button should be a bid button. Click it and it gives you the option to place a bid . If someone else has placed a bid first, the buyout button disappears. Then you would need to click the bid button and place a higher bid.

[Post New]by cjem2011 on May 4, 14 4:33 PM
cjmorgan11 wrote:

Right above the buyout button should be a bid button. Click it and it gives you the option to place a bid . If someone else has placed a bid first, the buyout button disappears. Then you would need to click the bid button and place a higher bid.

cjmorgan11-- Thank you for responding I realize now that i worded my question wrong. I meant, when auctioning something, how do you do that w/o a 'buyout' option. I notice that several people only have a 'bid' option on their items and I'm wondering how they do that? Thank you again for your help!

cjmorgan11
Minnow
Minnow
233 Posts

[Post New]by cjmorgan11 on May 4, 14 8:11 PM
cjem2011 wrote:
cjmorgan11 wrote:

cjmorgan11-- Thank you for responding I realize now that i worded my question wrong. I meant, when auctioning something, how do you do that w/o a 'buyout' option. I notice that several people only have a 'bid' option on their items and I'm wondering how they do that? Thank you again for your help!

I haven't auctioned much lately, but I think you have to have a buyout amount. What you can do is place a minimum bid and a really high buyout bid that noone would want to pay. That would force players to bid on an item.

When you see an item without a buyout amount, check to see if someone else has already placed a bid on it. That would then remove the buyout button.

Hope that helps

[Post New]by cjem2011 on May 7, 14 7:46 PM
cjmorgan11 wrote:
cjem2011 wrote:
cjmorgan11 wrote:

I haven't auctioned much lately, but I think you have to have a buyout amount. What you can do is place a minimum bid and a really high buyout bid that noone would want to pay. That would force players to bid on an item.

When you see an item without a buyout amount, check to see if someone else has already placed a bid on it. That would then remove the buyout button.

Hope that helps

thank you so much! I hadn't thought of that. maybe that is what is happening. Thank you again for your reply!

[Post New]by vandoo on May 10, 14 5:24 PM
Why do I not have all 18 mini games in the buildings? I only have 1 to 10, yet I am told that there are quests to do in the buildings.Is there any way I can get 11 to 18 mini games?

mutzi52
Guppy
Guppy
192 Posts

[Post New]by mutzi52 on May 10, 14 8:45 PM
Several people have had this problem. Here is a link to the post where the fix for this issue can be found:

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/274484.page#5641522

auction

[Post New]by Steph92gamer on Jun 7, 14 2:47 PM
hey guys,

has anybody else had problems claiming money once someone has bought auctioned items? ive sold quite a few things now, but every time I click 'claim' it does nothing. has anybody else had this problem and managed to resolve it? or can anybody please tell me if im doing something wrong....

thanks fellow gamers!

Go to: