minmer
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

Re:Post any Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' Technical Issues here

[Post New]by minmer on Oct 2, 13 12:18 PM
synnora wrote: ...
Do people get quests after the gold ledger one?

That's also the last quest I got and I'm now at level 28.

Imberis
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,263 Posts

[Post New]by Imberis on Oct 2, 13 6:24 PM
The auction update today, where it shows the auctions ending soonest at the top, is kind of glitched. If you scroll down a bit, then scroll back up to the top, the times for the auctions change.

For instance, the topmost one will say 0:00:07 left in the auction. I scroll down, and back up, and it'll say 1:28:00 left. That can't be right. It does it each time I scroll down and back up, and with different times left each time!

oshratz
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

auctions

[Post New]by oshratz on Oct 2, 13 10:31 PM
i put thing in the auction i dont get money for them and yet they dont come back to my inventory

oshratz
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

auctions

[Post New]by oshratz on Oct 3, 13 5:56 AM
i put thing in the auction i dont get money for them and yet they dont come back to my inventory

eli173
Manatee
Manatee
3,645 Posts

UNLOCKING LAST LOCATION (CHARLESTON)

[Post New]by eli173 on Oct 3, 13 7:39 AM

I'm reposting here an older post of mine:

eli173 wrote:Has anyone unlocked the Charleston location? It is the very last one in the row of cities, but supposedly it can be opened after upgrading all buildings in the three areas to level 1?? I've done that, but it remains locked. Is this a glitch, or by "all buildings" they also mean the couple of buildings that already exist but will only be available in a future update??

I still don't know what's going on. If anyone has opened it pls let me know. Thanks!

[Post New]by aquamarinea315 on Oct 3, 13 8:56 AM
I've noticed two problems.

1 - The mini game for the tailor shop has not opened for the upgrade to level 5. I have upgraded the tailor shop to level 5 as well as customized it and still it's locked. Anyone have any idea on how to unlock the mini game?

2 - Sometimes the game will freeze, it's happened in Atlanta, West Virginia and Washington. I lose energy and can't afford to lose the energy as it's hard to come by in this game. I end up having to reboot the computer. Any help here would be appreciated too.

Duchess13
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

Unlocking last location

[Post New]by Duchess13 on Oct 3, 13 10:26 AM
Eli,

Glad you reposted, I have been hunting for that message. I have also upgraded all the existing buildings (and the dock) and Charleston did not open. Also got my first "picky shopper" and like everybody else, playing it is not counting in achievements.

eli173
Manatee
Manatee
3,645 Posts

Unlocking last location

[Post New]by eli173 on Oct 3, 13 11:23 AM
Duchess13 wrote:. Also got my first "picky shopper" and like everybody else, playing it is not counting in achievements.

Mine has started recording them, but i don't know if this will last!!

[Post New]by amalinka on Oct 3, 13 9:13 PM
minmer wrote:
synnora wrote: ...
Do people get quests after the gold ledger one?

That's also the last quest I got and I'm now at level 28.

I am also having the same issue along with an issue that I earn things in the collections and then they disappear?

PTBT
Catfish
Catfish
1,659 Posts

[Post New]by PTBT on Oct 4, 13 1:21 AM
Apparently the level you are at doesn't matter! There were only so many quests in this release, and no new ones have come out yet.

As far as unlocking things, there were about 5 or so items inside the antique store that never unlocked, and a few of the mini-games have the same problem. The items inside the store were suppose to unlock after X number of quests, and some of them didn't do that. The mini-games were suppose to unlock after a certain XP level or after upgrading the building to upgrade 5, and some of them didn't unlock either.

It's a pretty complicated game so I'm actually surprised that more things aren't wrong!

whrlwnd
Guppy
Guppy
141 Posts

[Post New]by whrlwnd on Oct 4, 13 2:46 AM
eli173 wrote:

eli173 wrote:Has anyone unlocked the Charleston location? It is the very last one in the row of cities, but supposedly it can be opened after upgrading all buildings in the three areas to level 1?? I've done that, but it remains locked. Is this a glitch, or by "all buildings" they also mean the couple of buildings that already exist but will only be available in a future update??

I still don't know what's going on. If anyone has opened it pls let me know. Thanks!

Yes, I've been wondering about this, too.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Oct 4, 13 7:56 AM
I am still in the earlier stages of this game, because I only downloaded it when it came to this site.

However, logic dictates that "all buildings" means just that, all buildings, including those that are "coming soon".

minmer
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by minmer on Oct 4, 13 8:04 AM
whrlwnd wrote:
eli173 wrote:

I`ve unlocked it by spending 54 gold bars, because I didn't want to wait for another update. I assume there's been a mistake as there are some others as well. For example in this Charleston location I was asked to look for an oilcan which I found but no reaction. With the help of "my dog" i was directed to an object which was clearly a toaster. This also happened with the toy car which turned out to be a padlock. My impression is that this game is very much a work in progress. I do hope that they solve these problems quickly as I think that this game has a lot of potential.

minmer
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

Unlocking last location

[Post New]by minmer on Oct 4, 13 8:22 AM
eli173 wrote:
Duchess13 wrote:. Also got my first "picky shopper" and like everybody else, playing it is not counting in achievements.

Mine has started recording them, but i don't know if this will last!!

I believe this mistake only happens in the red mine location, where I played at least 3 Picky Shoppers without having them recorded under achievements. So far it has worked at the other locations - however - I've only got three credits so far as the picky shopper mode only turns up once you've achieved Connoisseur rank and even then it turns up very rarely.

Edited on 10/06/2013 at 1:41:52 PM PST

[Post New]by aquamarinea315 on Oct 4, 13 11:22 AM
minmer wrote:
whrlwnd wrote:
eli173 wrote:

I`ve unlocked it by spending 54 gold bars, because I didn't want to wait for another update. I assume there's been a mistake as there are some others as well. For example in this Charleston location I was asked to look for an oilcan which I found but no reaction. With the help of "my dog" i was directed to an object which was clearly a toaster. This also happened with the toy car which turned out to be a padlock. My impression is that this game is very much a work in progress. I do hope that they solve these problems quickly as I think that this game has a lot of potential.

I had this problem in Charleston as well as Florida, when it clearly described a rabbit but "my dog" pointed to a pair of binoculars...

Cisdaman
Minnow
Minnow
241 Posts

[Post New]by Cisdaman on Oct 5, 13 7:42 AM
eli173 wrote:

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it means all the "Coming Soon" buildings have to be upgraded as well. Hopefully that game update is "Coming Soon" as well!

[Post New]by mags1522 on Oct 5, 13 1:15 PM
Trying to do the building permit quest and keep getting the message "Must be connected to internet to create profile". I am connected to the internet. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game and it did not fix the issue.

april3850
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,827 Posts

[Post New]by april3850 on Oct 5, 13 9:36 PM
I keep getting earrings as rewards in the mini-games but I don't have them in my collections. I have looked thru all my collections but none of them contain earrings. There is a small blue pair, a green flower pair, and a pair of red hearts. Ive earned a bunch of them but they are no where in my collections. Does anybody know where the earring are stored? They are not with the other collections. I feel like Im missing some of my collections. I see others auctioning stuff that I don't have. Ive tried to buy these items in the auctions, but the game takes my gold but doesn't give me anything. There is also a red shirt that I keep getting. and a red flower brooch. Its the same thing. I keep getting them but they don't appear in my collections. If anyone knows where they are, could you please let me know. Thanks.

[Post New]by aquamarinea315 on Oct 6, 13 1:12 AM
april3850 wrote:I keep getting earrings as rewards in the mini-games but I don't have them in my collections. I have looked thru all my collections but none of them contain earrings. There is a small blue pair, a green flower pair, and a pair of red hearts. Ive earned a bunch of them but they are no where in my collections. Does anybody know where the earring are stored? They are not with the other collections. I feel like Im missing some of my collections. I see others auctioning stuff that I don't have. Ive tried to buy these items in the auctions, but the game takes my gold but doesn't give me anything. There is also a red shirt that I keep getting. and a red flower brooch. Its the same thing. I keep getting them but they don't appear in my collections. If anyone knows where they are, could you please let me know. Thanks.

April have you installed the update of September 26? I didn't have the earrings on collections until after I installed it.

meinaz
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
418 Posts

[Post New]by meinaz on Oct 6, 13 11:38 AM
I'm not sure if this is really a technical issue, but there seems to be some clue issues on the hidden objects. In picture mode at Margaret's house, pictures don't show up for some of the items and it is just a blank box. Also there are two clues that are wrong for the picky shopper at the bar. The first one has a clue that should lead to the hard hat but instead you have to click on the lotus flower. The other one has a clue that should lead to the penguin but you have to click on the smoothie. Although it isn't a big issue, it doesn't make it difficult to finish without using hints.

Go to: