fiascooo
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

Re:Reviews for Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin'

[Post New]by fiascooo on May 27, 14 9:32 AM
I totally agree with you on all counts.

1. Slots: a player rarely wins anything at the slots and your silver or gold goes down the drain. What about gold or silver in an actual large amount when a player does finally win. The winnable items on the slots appear to often and are not helpful in progressing the players game. For example: the player pays money and wins what?---an item---and not even a rare thing or a costly thing. not fair.

2. Recharge time: takes days too long. Mine now takes several days to recharge and minutes to use on the game. pouf it's gone.

3. And don't get me started on un-questable quests---where the player gets a daily quest and can't do it because the level isn't easily attainable by playing. plus the level won't be there in the near future, much less the same day or game session.

4. Customizing other shops, buying furnishings for your own shop, pets and vehicles cost wayyy more money and takes too long than a player would ever be able to earn. The gamer would be saving money for a long time. The rate of players money return is sooo much less than the costly furnishings and items for sale. unevenly balanced not in the players favor.

Give players value for value.

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on May 28, 14 4:03 AM
I have absolutely loved this game and played it for months, so many things to focus on at different times. In the beginning a quest might have to be left until one has the resources to finish it or energy might run out faster than one would like, but these are small frustrations and pass. This is not a beginning and end game but one that can be played for a long time- as in overall time span of weeks/months not hour increments in a day. It is only because content has ran out that I am no longer spending time playing each day.

Many of us, who started playing in Sept 2013 when it was issued have said they have never spent a dime to play; personally, I spent money because I wanted it to go faster but when as is said we all ended up in the same place, which is no where to go. It is a free-to-play game, so you have to decide how much money you want to spend but remember that is your choice. There seems to be a disconnect between people who spend money to play and those that do not. Spending real money makes people want a more refined and polished game, which this is not - it is still being developed and only helps in the beginning.

If you are a linear person who wants a start, a path laid out for you to follow, and a definite end and clear directions - this is not the game for you. However, since the game can be as simple or as complicated as a person wants to make it and you are a person that likes overcoming obstacles this is the game for you! Countless hours of pure pleasure have been had at ART AD and I am looking forward to new content so I can again immerse myself in the game.

Edited on 05/28/2014 at 4:09:04 AM PST

[Post New]by pings9999 on May 31, 14 5:23 AM
Does anyone know when there will be an upgrade? I am on level 48 and have had nothing to do to advance on the game for a month now. No quests, I am at master level at all locations.

[Post New]by tportdeposit on Aug 13, 14 9:44 AM
This game seems ok at the start, but is almost impossible to play without purchasing additional coin, gold, etc. Its a shame you can't use game credits in such a way as to purchase additional things to use in this game. Free game..hmmmm...not really. Then you buy additional things, and the tally doesn't work right. It would be one thing if it was gold bars, coin, food and keepsakes you earned in the game. But no, the items you paid real money for are not always tallied, added and subtracted correctly. Sooo, not only do things you acquire in the game disappear or not add up quite right; the stuff that you paid for does the same thing. PLEASE, if you play this "free game," do not make the mistake of buying anything thinking it will assist you in working up the levels. It does not; and it is not cheap. You get to a point where you really can't go any further, so you purchase some assistance; some fairly expensive assistance, actually. And then you get to level 101 and BAM, game goes tilt and you have literally just thrown money away...well not away..I assume BF gets it. The part of the game that charges your credit card works just fine. I'm sorry, but I feel like a fool who has been taken advantage of.

ROSOS
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by ROSOS on Aug 29, 14 2:03 AM
I like this game. Up till now have found it fun and interesting with lots of quests. However for the past month since finishing the paintings quest I have nothing to do but the daily auctions which honestly are not worth it or I just work on the hidden object areas to get them up to 5 trophys which I have almost done. Please get some more quests happening as I am seriously bored with it now.

www_pk
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by www_pk on Aug 31, 14 3:46 PM
I really like the game, but there hasn't been an update in ages! Is there one coming soon?

[Post New]by Mariogold502 on Sep 9, 14 3:50 PM
I like the game, but please make up updates. It is getting boring. Nothing new ever happens. No new challenges. No new anything. Blah!

taylormade66
Guppy
Guppy
140 Posts

[Post New]by taylormade66 on Dec 9, 14 3:22 AM
WOW! People either love it or hate it! I love it! Been playing just a few weeks. The game had a hiccup where I lost everything except my cash and the items in my collections (gold, achievements, vehicle and shop upgrades, pets - all gone). Had to start over but it was easier the second time.

One of the things I love is that you can spend hours playing because there's always something to do. Either HO scenes, store puzzles, auctioning off items or searching for auction items.

Haven't spent any real time cash yet but I'm sure I will and have no objection. This game has entertained me for more hours than any $40 game I've purchased.

One of the things I don't like is the few people who spoil the game by monopolizing certain collectibles and then auctioning them for outrageous prices. If you want a certain item and don't have access to it other than an auction, you have to buy it from them or do without. They are taking away some of the fun.

Also, in another ART game I have, I occasionally get some trinket to put on the shelves of my antique store. Thus far, nothing in this game. Hoping that shows up soon. If not won somewhere, maybe create another collectible category so I can buy things to put on my shelves.

kira2767
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by kira2767 on Jan 5, 15 3:24 AM
Sorry, this seems to be a reply to someone else's comment, but couldn't find another way to put this comment up there

After playing this game for close to a year now, I have been very disappointed over the past 3 months or more!!

After completing the quests to find all the paintings, there has been nothing other than a daily quest to complete which has bored me rather a lot.

What happened to seasonal updates (I'm still cutting grass as if it were summer) and I have got every mini game up to top level.

Today, I log in and I don't even have as much as the daily quest!!!!

Game is seriously needing some TLC to keep folk interested!

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Jan 11, 15 9:25 PM
Kira, sure hope you came back later that same day, The update showed up and there is enough to keep anyone busy for a very very long time.

kira2767
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by kira2767 on Jan 12, 15 2:43 AM
OddlyEnuh wrote:Kira, sure hope you came back later that same day, The update showed up and there is enough to keep anyone busy for a very very long time.

I got the update, but still have only daily quests!! I have to complete quests to repair the airplane amongst others but none of these quests are even remotely accessible (they simply aren't there), on looking at the plane and the new "collections", there is obviously new stuff, but I can see nothing that I can do!!! I am now shovelling snow daily instead of cutting grass. I have 3 new hidden objects scenes and I have a 6th level to complete in all of the scenes, but I cannot click on all 26 towns on the map because there are only 24 stars! Would certainly appreciate any help in figuring out how to complete these new collection items etc

Edited on 01/12/2015 at 3:16:59 AM PST

kira2767
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by kira2767 on Jan 17, 15 1:19 AM
OK!! I finally started getting other quests, but now I am being asked to complete quests which require me to "obtain" stamps and directs me to do so via the auction house. I am trying like everything!!!! I have tried buyouts and bidding and have won a few, but this doesn't change the status of the quest!!!!

Really getting very frustrated with this as I now have no gold left through buying the stamps in order to get past these quests and I am STILL stuck with one!!!!

any help guys would be greatly appreciated

[Post New]by Nancy337 on Jan 17, 15 10:45 PM
This new update gave us a new world to explore and obviously we needed fuel for our planes. However, to give us a small stipend at the beginning of the update really did not give us a lot to use to figure out the new scenes before we ran out of fuel. In addition, it does not appear that we receive fuel each time we visit a new world place and with each destination needing different amounts of fuel running out of fuel happens quickly and requires purchasing through the store. That would be okay but you are charging us 5 gold for each fuel which I feel is a ridiculous amount. To me, fuel is equivalent to food and you offer both dollar and gold versions to purchase for the game. If you want us to enjoy the game, which at this point most of us are not doing because of the huge glitches in this update, you really need to think about small gestures to your players. Thanks

[Post New]by wildnate on Jan 31, 15 6:16 AM
The game is getting way to expensive. After waiting a long time for an update " in which I was very happy to see come" , it seems everything you have to do to complete tasks are needing you to buy to much gold. If the prices go down just a tad it would be a very pleasurable game. Until then, I doubt I will be playing any longer.

Edited on 01/31/2015 at 6:18:06 AM PST

[Post New]by hotelman50 on Feb 26, 15 6:22 PM
Iam stuck.. spent lots of energy trying to open Margarets photo album but can not find the gloves I need to do it... Pls help!! Ican not complete the collections and get the reward for them. Thanks!!

Toshi_1012
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by Toshi_1012 on Apr 18, 15 4:19 AM
I love this game . Have definitely crossed a few hurdles but still addicted to the game. If anyone is stuck or has a problem , I would be happy to help you through something. Just PM me or you can friend me . My friend code is 1609 9905 TOSHI . happy Gaming.

mpendo
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,477 Posts

[Post New]by mpendo on Aug 26, 15 9:24 PM
By far the best game I have ever played. I have been here since Sept. 2013, the beginning.

Choked that there will be no more updates. But I still have goals to accomplish and between playing, exchanging keys, helping new players and reading the forum, I use up my spare time. Highly recommended even with the glitches.

Cheers

[Post New]by robbin96 on Sep 28, 15 9:25 AM
I love this game. But am wondering why I haven't had any quests since level 43, I am now at level 50. Has anyone else run into this?

oct1944
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by oct1944 on Jan 24, 16 4:55 AM
why should we play this game. we get half way and the engineers decide they don't want to do it anymore. were out cash and a game

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Feb 20, 16 8:42 AM
If that is the way you feel, I, too, don't know why you play it.

There are hours, days, and weeks of fun be had along with some thinking to do on this game. Would have been nice to have more but it was not to be. Two and half years into it and I still play everyday. This is not your buy and play game; it can be as complicated as you want to make it. It is not for the folks that don't want to pay attention, think, and plan - there are plenty of simple games out there.

Go to: