Marjasinstar
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,947 Posts

Re:Sharing some tips for the game.

[Post New]by Marjasinstar on Apr 16, 14 2:02 PM
Clashfan78 wrote:
Zsautner: how right you are but at this point 70 crystals seems almost unobtainable to me. Certainly something to save up for though.

Clashfan, do the runes. Open up at least the top corner chest so you get its 5 gems. Even if it means spending the gold coins on runes instead of opening up another room. I remember when I had only 30K, my friend Kim said play the runes, so I spent almost every virtual penny of it on them. Best thing I ever did. If you are able to do it three times a day (every 5 hours), that is 15 gems a day. It is the first thing I open when I wake up. The clock then starts ticking down. I then shower, take out the dogs, etc. but come back in time to do the maze before that 5 hours is up.Then once it winds down, even if I am not playing, I turn on the game and do it all over again. Even if you only did it twice a day, that's 300 gems a month.

One other piece of advice. If at all possible, log in at least every 24 hours. Even if just to log in. You get three tries at the lottery (which sometimes gives out gems) and you also get energy-related goodies from the Gazebo of Mysteries every consecutive day you log in.

Edited on 04/16/2014 at 2:04:30 PM PST

[Post New]by Princess_of_Pink on May 20, 14 2:30 PM
thanks for the screenshots showing where certain items in the game are, but no one has done a page for whee to find the crescent moon in the library. Does anyone know places it is found? I'm tired of using up my money to buy bells while in the game!

[Post New]by Princess_of_Pink on May 20, 14 2:32 PM
zitronenfalter12 wrote:And for an overview of the complete game: Check out our great new wiki:
http://rooms-of-memory.wikia.com/wiki

It started on November 2013 so depending on the date you read this: there could be many blank spaces left to be filled with info.

You are invited to enter your knowledge there!

How do I use her screen shot to make a map f where to find the crescent moon in the library?

Crow12000
Clownfish
Clownfish
559 Posts

[Post New]by Crow12000 on May 21, 14 12:27 PM
Princess_of_Pink wrote:
How do I use her screen shot to make a map f where to find the crescent moon in the library?

No idea of how to make the map but the crescent moon is in shadow in the following places: (in day mode)

On the right hand side at the top of the bookshelf on the wall.
On the turned over bucket in the middle of the room.
On the floor to the right of the bucket.
On the front of the piano above the keys on the left hand side.
Outside the window closest to the bookshelf.

Hope that helps you.

deadme
Clownfish
Clownfish
760 Posts

[Post New]by deadme on May 23, 14 1:11 AM
I burned who even knows how much energy on them trying to do them often enough to generate a ghost, till I realized that "change mode" lets you summon ghosts too! From the explore start window, click "Change Mode," then hit the "With Ghosts" tab. You'll need cards to do it, of course, but if you're doing rune quests, that shouldn't be hard. (Also, save your cards for those important occasions--don't just use them to get out of irritating ghosts.)

I wish i'd known this. This has been driving me crazy trying to get a ghost into a room when needed for quests.
This is now going to be so much easier to do than the way i'd been play the game lol, which was either play the room a few times hoping for a ghost or play the room next door because i noticed ghosts would then sometimes appear on the room you needed the ghost,god i feel so silly now, this is such a brilliant tip

SebringSu
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by SebringSu on Jun 18, 14 3:55 AM
Thanks for all these tips. Can't wait to use them.

Marjasinstar
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,947 Posts

[Post New]by Marjasinstar on Jun 18, 14 2:31 PM
Sebring, welcome to the forums! If you ever have any questions or need any help with the game, be sure to ask in the forums by making a topic. Best of luck to you with the game.

SebringSu
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by SebringSu on Jun 21, 14 2:47 PM
I have to say THANK YOU for creating these tips. I read them the other day and immediately started using the tip regarding while in Competitions, the items will be highlighted, and that you should find the objects in that sequence.

I have been playing for a few months now, but have been frustrated with my score (190 Max) while other players were well over 1000. The first game I played after reading these tips, I scored 590, then 950.

So again thanks, now if they would only fix the program from freezing while in these sub-games.

Marjasinstar
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,947 Posts

[Post New]by Marjasinstar on Jun 25, 14 6:23 PM
Bumping this to the front so new players can find it.

dobuita
Guppy
Guppy
145 Posts

Sharing some tips for the game.

[Post New]by dobuita on Jun 27, 14 11:59 AM
Really appreciate all the tips dirtdazzy (and others)! Especially about the Strong Energy Talisman in the store - I didn't know about it :o. It's a good deal and has certainly been helping. I'm definitely now trying to craft more artifacts for experience points when needed as well. I did sometimes accidently level up without using up the energy from the previous level, so I need to watch out for that more.

Marjasinstar
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,947 Posts

[Post New]by Marjasinstar on Jun 27, 14 2:16 PM
Dobuita, if you ever have any questions or need any help with the game, please be sure to post here in the forum. So many helpful experienced players in this forum who love to help. Happy playing!

dobuita
Guppy
Guppy
145 Posts

[Post New]by dobuita on Jun 27, 14 6:56 PM
Marjasinstar wrote:Dobuita, if you ever have any questions or need any help with the game, please be sure to post here in the forum. So many helpful experienced players in this forum who love to help. Happy playing!

Will do! Thank you very much my fellow neighbour

dobuita
Guppy
Guppy
145 Posts

[Post New]by dobuita on Jul 1, 14 2:04 PM
I just want to emphasize what some others have already said about the mayan runes (which you get to from clicking on the stone with the Mayan rune symbol on it in the Bellows Manor map for new players that don't know yet). I now try to do them whenever they are up! The counter seems to start when you access them for the first time each day (it resets every 5 hours). I know at the beginning you don't have much gold to spare to buy rune kits but now it's what I spend most of my gold on. If you get every chest you can get lots of useful things like crystals, energy food, and those cards that are used to change the search mode of a room. I only just started using those cards and like someone said earlier in the topic, if you use the cards at least once right after failing to find something in a particular mode, then you'll be that much closer to being in that same search mode again (for tasks that need you to be in a certain search mode to get the item).

Also try and save up your gems to get the 30 day VIP account for 70 crystals. (click on the plus sign next to your gold amount to go to the bank and if I remember right, it's at the bottom). I recently got it and it gives you: +30% gold and experience for every exploration, -50% time by the time your energy restores, and 25% discounts for crystals and gold. So it's like using talismans except you don't have a short time limit. I know 70 crystals seems like a lot but once you start doing the mayan runes regularly and keep playing the game you can collect crystals pretty efficiently.

[Post New]by swissuz on Sep 8, 14 1:54 PM
Any tips on HOW to start the game once it's loaded? It sounds like so much fun! I'm dying to try it, but everything here is greek to me! Just point me to how to start the game. No problems loading....but N O T H I N G......

Marjasinstar
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,947 Posts

[Post New]by Marjasinstar on Sep 8, 14 5:56 PM
swissuz wrote:Any tips on HOW to start the game once it's loaded? It sounds like so much fun! I'm dying to try it, but everything here is greek to me! Just point me to how to start the game. No problems loading....but N O T H I N G......

Oh ok, I think I know the problem. Click on the red x on the upper right of the screen called NEWS. You will then get a screen to pop up: a lottery, go ahead and give it three spins. Once you clear that, you will then get to the game, which is a setting of buildings in a wooded area. Go to the circles on the left hand side of your screen. Click on one of them and then you will start the game.

There is a great tutorial for starting the game on the wikia: http://rooms-of-memory.wikia.com/wiki/Start_Quests

Once you get past that, check out the Tips section for help on how to play the game: http://rooms-of-memory.wikia.com/wiki/Tipps

Then be sure to come back here if you have any questions or need help with the game.

Edited on 09/08/2014 at 5:57:46 PM PST

deadme
Clownfish
Clownfish
760 Posts

[Post New]by deadme on Oct 8, 14 12:51 PM
Bumping page for new players

Marjasinstar
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,947 Posts

[Post New]by Marjasinstar on Oct 19, 14 2:00 PM
This and the following post give ways to build up experience points, so that you level up faster in the game:

The goal of this game is to use your energy to increase in level, which is done by accumulating experience points, and to use your gold and gems to buy things to help you do that. With each new level, you get a full bar of energy (which increases with each level), gems, and gold. The more levels you complete, the more energy and gems you get. There are several ways to either accumulate energy, collect energy replenishers (jams, sodas) and/or boost your experience points so you bump up to the next level.

First, you get gold and experience points by exploring the rooms, doing the tasks on the left side and feeding creatures. You can visit a room more than once. So if you like a particular room, explore it over and over until you get comfortable with it. You get the most gold and experience points if you are at Grand Master level so search rooms until you get to that level.

Next, I highly suggest that you buy the strong energy talisman for 4000 gold and keep it running 24/7. It boosts your energy by 40% even when you aren't playing the game.

Another way to get energy and experience points is to visit the runes board (the plain one, not the animals one).You get gold, experience points, gems, and energy replenishers. You don't have to clear out every stone. You just make a path to the treasure chests. Try to be creative in your path by only using the black stones when you absolutely have to as they are the rarest. You can get runes kits by exploring rooms. You can also use gold to buy the runes kits. Don't waste your gems on them. The top left chest gives out the most experience points, including an energy jam and 5 gems. The top right is second best with a soda among other things. You can do this every 5 hours.

You can also get energy and experience points by visiting your neighbors and by feeding creatures on their property. You also get experience points by helping them feed their runes dragons (the popup at the beginning of the game) and participating in their expeditions. So the more neighbors you have, the more experience points you can accumulate. Just remember that you are limited to 100 free gifts to give out each day and that most people will not stay around if you don't gift them. So good to have a lot of neighbors but not too many neighbors.

Marjasinstar
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,947 Posts

[Post New]by Marjasinstar on Oct 19, 14 2:01 PM
Another way to build energy and experience is to make sure to log in every 24 hours. You get the daily lottery's three spins (which often gives energy and gems) plus you get something from the Gazebo of Mysteries. Each day that you log in consecutively, you get a better prize from the Gazebo. First day is gold, second and following days are energy replenishers. On the fifth day you get gems and an energy jam. It repeats every 5 days. After 15 consecutive days, the Gazebo is opened and is another room to explore. It gives out a higher rate of gold and experience points when you explore it and also gives out things like energy replenishers and runes kits. It requires purple gerberas to open. The bottom left treasure chest on the runes board has them. You can also ask for them from neighbors or buy them in the store. When you first unlock it, it stays open for 5 days, then it closes for 5 days, but you still get the goodies each of those 5 days it is closed. Then it reopens and stays open for 15 days, closes for 5 (as long as you log in each day).

Another way to get experience points is to assemble artifacts. Once you assemble something that a task tells you to assemble, you can then assemble it again as many times as you like for experience points and gold. When you run out of energy, look to see what you can assemble to boost you up to the next level. You can save your gems and energy replenishers if you level up that way instead. For example, if you have assembled the mystic drink for a major quest, you can then find the pieces and charges (or ask for them in your wishlist) and reassemble it again for the experience points and gold listed. You can also assemble anything that requires those stones and pieces you have gotten in the runes board: the voodoo necklace, mask, stick, sandals, breechcloth. You do not have to wait for a task on the left side of the board before assembling those 5 things. If you are missing pieces, put them on your wishlist (another reason to have a sufficient amount of neighbors).

And finally, the best way to accumulate energy and experience points is to use your gems to buy the VIP package. You get faster energy replenishment (it is cut by 50%) and more gold and experience points when you search rooms.

rheashard2
Clownfish
Clownfish
644 Posts

[Post New]by rheashard2 on Oct 20, 14 8:58 AM
THERE IS A LOT OF INFORMATION HERE. Some of it doesn't seem to make sense at first. I want to contribute to the confusion. Each area,( Bellows, Paris, Venice, Knights) has its own creatures to help. These creatures may also need to be helped during offers and mini quests. Look at each creature and see what is needed to help it. Go to the store and see what it costs. Most of the creatures can be helped with items purchased by gold. Gold is earned by simple game play. BUT... some creatures can only be helped with items purchased by gems and playing area it is in. There is no guarantee that helping the creature will get you what you want. For these, save up help item needed. I accumulate enough to help it at least 15 times. Then help it. The increased number of times creature can be helped increases your chance of getting items.

Marjasinstar
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,947 Posts

[Post New]by Marjasinstar on Nov 3, 14 9:32 PM
Bumping to first page.

Go to: