ledheadmelli
Herring
Herring
391 Posts

Re:Post any The Happy Hereafter technical issues here!

[Post New]by ledheadmelli on Nov 7, 13 9:54 PM
Hey....I may have found a minor solution to one of the problems! My people are starving and refusing to work at anything unless I manually force them to deliver goods. After the usual uninstall/reinstall, I actually paid attention when it was talking about the mana. It said you could use magic to feed your people, as well as cheer them up.

So I hit everyone with a red face over their heads with the magic wand (this took a few reloads of the crystal ball/mana generator) and sent them to gather food. Slowly, but surely, they began to build up a small stock of food, but then I noticed only some of these deliveries would register.

Ah - ha! Bush meat (the steak things) and mandrake root are NOT food, at least not as far as their food supply is concerned! And of course, I had planted my fields with a mixture of all three, so not much was counting despite my herculean efforts to get it delivered. Now I have tons of pumpkins building up and it is so much easier to keep people on task!

This won't fix the many other problems with this game, and it is hardly an acceptable solution itself, but I feel a bit better now that I'm able to function somewhat normally. Hopefully, this will also help the rest of you dealing with this frustrating problem.

One weird thing happened though...(spoiler alert)...When I was finally able to upgrade my circus to level 3 and throw the 'big show', that literally ended the game and I was asked if I wanted to restart. WTH? I hadn't even come close to finishing the various upgrades and decorations, as I was behaving myself and waiting for permission to do so! I was able to refuse and the game continued on as though it never ended, but I don't think my little helper came around any more. So very strange...
Did anyone else who got this far have this happen?

ETA: This wonder fix only worked for a little while, and then it was back to zombies walking in place with red signs over their heads. I give up!

Edited on 11/15/2013 at 3:46:20 PM PST

[Post New]by runningwolf316 on Nov 12, 13 3:16 PM
FIXING GLITCH OF WALKING AND NOT DELIVERING ITEMS

SWEET I GOT MINE WALKING PICKING UP AND DELIVERING AGAIN ALL I DID WAS UNISTALL GAME AND REINSTALL
PS I HAVE WINDOWS 7 DONT KNOW IF IT WILL HELP OTHERS OUT BUT THOUGHT I WOULD SHARE

bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Nov 12, 13 4:41 PM
Hello All,

I just wanted to pop in and let you know that there's a new updated version of The Happy Hereafter available. I'm hopeful that this will help resolve many of the issues that you're experiencing. To make sure you have the most recent version of the game, just click on the blue text below to find the update post:

The Happy Hereafter Update

If you're still having issues with your game after installing the update, please feel free to contact our Tech Support Team so we can take a closer look at those.

Happy Gaming!

bfgDeveron

[Post New]by kimberly7777 on Nov 13, 13 9:06 PM
Dear Devs and BFG,

Thank you for responding. I was almost getting ready to ask for a refund. I'm on my 15th+ profile trying and trying.

Bugs still there:

No idea why, but since I've played over 15 profiles (!!) I know that randomly the very first magic task, where you meet Vladoff, sometimes it auto completes the task and you don't rescue the person so you don't get that 4th member.

The tasks in the beginning come in a little fast now, that might be overwhelming to new players. I don't know because I've got the dang things memorized now.

You can play out of turn on many items and tasks still complete, but if you upgrade the warehouse on level 2 or 3 out of turn, you never get to complete the task when it comes up. A new issue after this update is even playing the warehouse exactly in order, it still doesn't recognize the 3rd upgrade as completed. So that task just sits there.

The players still eventually walk in place and accomplish nothing even though they're assigned tasks. Feeding, mana on their heads or a magic show does not resolve this.

So while it seems something has changed, the bugs are absolutely still there.

Me personally, I plan on doing one more profile but I'm pretty much done at that point. I want a refund. This game never deserved this type of time on any level but I loved it so much and hoped the bugs I reported would be helpful. I don't feel this is an OS issue and I don't think this is a user issue. This is, in my opinion, 100% on the dev.

On one final note, since a lot of this forum got quiet, I hope BFG is letting people know there is an update level at an BFG Game Manager app level. Nobody should have to come to the forum to find that out. It should be on our app. More people could be reporting why their game did or didn't get better. I can't even imagine how many games I gave up on that I would love to know an update came in to improve the game.

If anyone knows if this particular game was better off bought off their site so we'd see fixes in real time, I'd love to know that info.

I meant what I said, thanks for the update. But no, the bugs are still there and the game is still unable to be finished in it's current state. I've not requested a refund for that particular issue before, but in this case since it wasn't known until after hours and hours of play time, I hope BFG is willing to step up and give refunds or seriously resolve this instead of asking us to reboot, update our settings or any other script response.

[Post New]by plc_47 on Nov 15, 13 3:04 PM
I have the same issue with upgrading the warehouse to level 3. I even restarted and was very careful not to do ANYTHING before a quest ask me to. also I cant upgrade the hotel to level 3 this time the first time the hotel quest went away like the quest was complete but the hotel was never updated. I have installed the update( by the way)

[Post New]by IraidaSM on Nov 17, 13 8:01 AM
After installing the update I have the same problem as before. According quest I have to create shelves & drawers level 3. There is no such thing in Workshop menu. Thus I can't do this quest and the game doesn't go further.
It's absolutely unacceptable to sell game without quality check.

[Post New]by rampage901 on Nov 18, 13 12:58 AM
i am stuck on the "upgrading the warehouse to level three" there are no shelves or drawers for level three upgrade in the workshop ive looked and looked and theres nothing there this must be a bug that the designer needs to fix ive gone as far as i can go and now im done not very happy with this game very frustrated with this

stingstungme
Minnow
Minnow
216 Posts

[Post New]by stingstungme on Nov 19, 13 12:27 AM
rampage901 wrote:i am stuck on the "upgrading the warehouse to level three" there are no shelves or drawers for level three upgrade in the workshop ive looked and looked and theres nothing there this must be a bug that the designer needs to fix ive gone as far as i can go and now im done not very happy with this game very frustrated with this

I tried the update too with no luck. That warehouse was driving me batty. I deleted the game files and reinstalled again. This caused me to start over.

I've basically traded one glitch for another. I have an invisible char that I can't move. If I use the character scroll, I can grab her from but can not place her. She immediately vanishes.

This is probably the 4th char glitch due to a quest autocomplete.

I only have 4 or 5 characters total so my playing area is really tiny. I'm definitely not overlooking her.

I will try this game ONE more time tomorrow. If it doesn't work then I am asking for a refund.

NormaNorman
Minnow
Minnow
224 Posts

[Post New]by NormaNorman on Nov 20, 13 2:20 PM
Error -324 when loading url https://store.bigfishgames.com/source/gm/receipt

Since there is no general forum anymore I decided to put this here since this was the fourth of 4 games I bought simultaneously. Gave blank page instead of install, and had to close GM. To go on. When tried opening GM again would not open. Opened by starting a game from desktop, and got "error code 900" in background of GM while GM wouldn't actually open.

Restarting computer now to see if it fixes.

Nope. Well partial fix. GM opens, but games are not listed as activated. Sigh.

Later: Activated from purchases page. Seemed to go OK if a bit oddly.*

In any case it seems to be done.

*It reinstalled some game programs, and simply activated others. Another [Happy Hereafter] wasn't visible at all till later. So odd.

Edited on 11/20/2013 at 9:16:56 PM PST

[Post New]by 01noela445 on Dec 1, 13 12:47 PM
I am still having problems with Warehouse Level 3 upgrade. It will upgrade, but doesn't give credit for it & the game won't progress past this point. I have tried uninstall & reinstall about 3 or 4 times. I also tried starting from beginning & only doing the task as they are presented. Still won't go past this point. I hope this is fixed soon. I love the game & would like to complete it.

[Post New]by kstormgemini on Dec 4, 13 6:13 AM
01noela445 wrote:I am still having problems with Warehouse Level 3 upgrade. It will upgrade, but doesn't give credit for it & the game won't progress past this point. I have tried uninstall & reinstall about 3 or 4 times. I also tried starting from beginning & only doing the task as they are presented. Still won't go past this point. I hope this is fixed soon. I love the game & would like to complete it.

It's the same for a lot of people (myself included)... It's so bad that somebody actually made a thread just for That specific problem... http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/259402.page
We're all getting kind of frustrated about it. Big Fish is Usually pretty good about these things but I guess they're bogged under right now or something.

NormaNorman
Minnow
Minnow
224 Posts

[Post New]by NormaNorman on Dec 5, 13 4:10 PM
That's it. Soon after the warehouse upgrade glitched it stopped giving me quests. Time to get a credit, since apparently the game is bugged beyond repair. Re-installed three times now, and no fix in sight. Too bad.

NormaNorman
Minnow
Minnow
224 Posts

[Post New]by NormaNorman on Dec 6, 13 12:01 PM
Unbelievably I'm going to try one last time to complete this game being EXTREMELY careful this time about how I do my builds.

See my post in "Upgrading the warehouse doesn't work" to see some details about how the warehouse bug might first start to come into play.

[Post New]by kimberly7777 on Dec 7, 13 10:01 PM
NormaNorman wrote:Unbelievably I'm going to try one last time to complete this game being EXTREMELY careful this time about how I do my builds.

See my post in "Upgrading the warehouse doesn't work" to see some details about how the warehouse bug might first start to come into play.

I'm sorry, but it doesn't matter how you do your builds on the 3rd Warehouse. You will never get it even if you do everything exactly as you're told. The shelves it asks for are level 2, there are no level 3 shelves. The warehouse will actually upgrade to level 3 but you will never complete the quest.

BFG should just give everyone refunds, but of course it will only happen if you ask for it.

Ask!

Helps to try to get somewhat far in this game: Don't upgrade Warehouse 1 or 2 out of order, it definitely doesn't like that. Do as much as you can before using magic on the tree, by the 2nd time your workers will become incredibly glitchy. Skip doing the crystal cellar or going after the crystals over on the right. That pretty much finishes your game unless you're willing to manually deal with just about every single worker. The tree, crystal cellar & trying to get crystals from the crystal farm all make your workers just walk in place.

But in the end, this game is impossible to finish.

NormaNorman
Minnow
Minnow
224 Posts

[Post New]by NormaNorman on Dec 8, 13 8:42 AM
I agree. I actually saw a You Tube of (supposedly) someone finishing the Warehouse 3 quest, but frankly it doesn't matter to me. I'm on my fourth play-through, and now stuck again at this quest. I'm not even going to wait this time for my characters to start acting up.

We have put way, way, WAY too much energy into this game. We should be getting DOUBLE refunds for everything we have put up with.

I seriously doubt at this point there will be a satisfying fix. Disappointing.

JamiSings
Guppy
Guppy
107 Posts

[Post New]by JamiSings on Dec 25, 13 9:40 AM
Can't get past the Warehouse level 3 quest no matter how many times I reply or what I do. Even uninstalled and reinstalled. No good.

ledheadmelli
Herring
Herring
391 Posts

[Post New]by ledheadmelli on Jan 7, 14 10:39 AM
Just so sad the way this game becomes unplayable and hopelessly frustrating after devoting so many hours toward it! None of the fixes work for long, if at all.

To their credit, BFG has issued me a refund and an apology, but it's the developers I blame. There is no excuse for putting this terribly faulty product out there in the first place! What kind of useless QA do they rely on that they didn't catch these major issues before release? BFG and their customers should not have to be their guinea pigs while they figure out just how badly they went wrong - all this should have been done BEFORE they asked one thin dime for their product!

I have to agree with a previous poster that the devs should issue double refunds to compensate for the extreme aggravation and loss of precious time. I for one, do not appreciate being used as an uncompensated beta tester against my will or knowledge, and being charged for the 'privilege'!

Today is January 7, 2014...how many weeks now without resolution?

[Post New]by nmb_48150 on Feb 1, 14 1:52 PM
I got the upgrade and still can't update the warehouse, some of the other problems still exist.

GloomySunday
Guppy
Guppy
167 Posts

[Post New]by GloomySunday on Feb 22, 14 3:22 AM
I have the glitch of not being able to update the warehouse and therefore not being able to complete the game. I wrote to Customer Service and got back a generic reply in the lines of "we're too busy to handle your request, here's a bunch of links we already have on our website - why don't you look at them and solve your problem yourself". Sorry for my harsh tone, but so far, the customer service has always been something I very much appreciated at BFG and I find this to be a disappointing development, especially because:

it also said to open the issue up again if the links were of no help. Fine, so I did that and especially wrote in the header and the mail that I had already tried finding a solution before I even wrote the first mail, and that it seems to be a game-specific glitch. Now, I just got the second generic "here's that bunch of links" mail!

Are the inquiries to customer service now not even read anymore?

[Post New]by Glysan on Mar 30, 14 12:23 PM
Another frustrated gamer not able to get past the upgrade warehouse to level 3, even after not doing any upgrades until the quest pops up. I upgraded the warehouse when the quest came up and it's not recognizing it as completed. Seeing all the posts here regarding this bug, I'm surprised nothing has been done to fix it. I also sent a customer request directly to **** letting them know I purchased the game from BFG and was disappointed in the amount of time this issue has been going on with no resolution. Any other **** games I've played have been great! Hopefully we'll get a fix to this!

Go to: