Tiger2010
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,624 Posts

Re:Post Your Nevertales: The Beauty Within Collector's Edition Technical Issues Here Only

[Post New]by Tiger2010 on Nov 6, 13 11:28 AM
Melymc wrote:I have bought the game, everything seems to be ok. Except that I can't pick up the collectable items. Why is this? It's very frustrating! I have restarted the beginning of the game three, - four times counting the demo. I have played more than an hour one time. Is there a glitch? Please help! I will stop and await your response. Thank you!
MelyMc

I don't think this is a glitch, MelyMc. The collectables become available only after you play the first hidden chapter. This is way after you have completed the main game and bonus. This confused me also as I thought they were talking about having played the first hidden object scene, but there are three further chapters after the bonus game. You then travel back through the main game to collect all of your collectables.

If you look at the SG (first page of the collectables section) they tell you this at the top.

The gameplay here is just different and not something we are used to, hence it's confusing.

Re:Post Your Nevertales: The Beauty Within Collector's Edition Technical Issues Here Only

[Post New]by sandi12345 on Nov 9, 13 5:27 AM
sugar19703 wrote:I tried twice to download this game and after downloading it says validating for about 2 mins and then it says in the game manager error downloading get more info. When I click on the more info button it says whoops error code 3 and will not let me download.

Please fix this thanks

I bought this game and am getting the same error code - money wasted!

bonggamer
Guppy
Guppy
111 Posts

[Post New]by bonggamer on Nov 9, 13 11:01 PM
Hey BFG
Any update on Nevertales? Are we ever going to get a solution?

debvee
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by debvee on Nov 10, 13 12:53 PM
Voodoo Hut trouble here too I did change back to the regular cursor and was finally able to pick up the chili peppers but now the cursor is messing up again (slowing changes from one image to another, not picking up anything).
Hoping this gets fixed soon!

WHETSTONE!

[Post New]by mlishiss on Nov 12, 13 9:21 AM
Having the same problem with the whetstone not being available after using it on the chisel instead of the blunt shears first as a lot of people on here. Please fix this bug as soon as possible - not able to go any farther in this game! I ran across some other issues with this game but they're pretty minor compared to this...

samfish
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

Technical issue with the Whetstone

[Post New]by samfish on Nov 12, 13 10:50 AM
Harleigh555 wrote:Right I have played the game almost to the end (thoroughly enjoying it) and now the whetstone, which I used first on the chisel has gone from my inventory but I still need it for the garden shears.

Help I am unable to proceed what do I do.
This is Samfish and I'm in the same place, do you know what to to do????

lkbambi
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by lkbambi on Nov 12, 13 7:40 PM
I am also having a problem with the record player. It freezes as soon as I put the record on the gramaphone/record player. Please fix this bug! I'd really like to finish the game! It also runs very slowly sometimes which is a shame since it could be a really cool game.

[Post New]by 56dragonfly on Nov 12, 13 8:30 PM
I too ran into the problem with the whetstone. I used it on the chisel first and it is no longer available to use on the gardening shears. Is there a fix for this yet?

Thank you.

yowzasma
Clownfish
Clownfish
547 Posts

Technical issue with the Whetstone

[Post New]by yowzasma on Nov 13, 13 8:32 PM
Many Fishies having this problem so I'm posting a quote
[b]SHARPEN GARDEN SHEARS 1st !!! Then the chisel.

girlwonder wrote:
Harleigh555 wrote:Right I have played the game almost to the end (thoroughly enjoying it) and now the whetstone, which I used first on the chisel has gone from my inventory but I still need it for the garden shears.

Help I am unable to proceed what do I do.

Here is how I solved the problem of using the whetstone on the chisel. When you come to the cottage in chapter 7, instead of sharpening the chisel with the whetstone first, sharpen the garden shears and trim the vines. I did this and the whetstone stayed in inventory to use inside the cottage on the chisel. Evidently this part of the game is linear and you have to sharpen the garden shears 1st, before moving on to the chisel inside the cottage.

Edited on 11/13/2013 at 8:33:19 PM PST

[Post New]by ddplay on Nov 14, 13 11:11 AM
Nevertales: The Beauty Within Collector's Edition is a fabulous game, however, in the middle of gameplay I and many other Big Fish members are having the same issue of the whetstone being used to sharpen the chisel after which it disappears and is no longer in inventory. We're assuming it should still be available to use to sharpen the garden shears but is nowhere to be found. Is this a glitch in the game or are we all doing something wrong?
We would really appreciate some help with this issue as so many of us are stuck and cannot proceed further. We're all hoping we won't have to uninstall and reinstall....please help!
Thank you,

ddplay

bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Nov 20, 13 10:35 AM
Hello All,

I just wanted to pop in to let you know that an update has become available today that should solve many of the problems you're seeing in your games.

To find out about installing that new version, just click on the blue text below:

UPDATED version now available

If you're still running into issues with your games after installing that update, one of our Tech Support Reps would be happy to take a look at what's going on.

Thank you for your patience everyone!

bfgDeveron

tinyzac
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by tinyzac on Nov 22, 13 1:40 AM
this game sucks big time my problem is different from the others in that when I try to walk down or go back I just get a blank screen and nothing happens I have to hit windows button to close game and to start playing I have to reopen game I preserved and tried again but I have had the game about 3 months now and im stil on chp 3 so have deleted it be warned any one who has not played it don't down load it its not worth the hassle thanks again big fish for another unplayable game

babytax68
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by babytax68 on Nov 22, 13 3:06 PM
None of the help pages, posts here or Q&A really helped, so here it goes. Minus a few glitches in the game when you used the gallery to get the 3 stars, a couple HOS would not reset. You had to close out and reopen the game to be able to finish; that was before the latest update and I think most could deal with just that!

However, since the update which I installed, now I have completely finished all HOS scenes, hidden chapters, collectables and rose puzzle, but the finished HOS scenes do not register in the achievements book despite the fact that each show 3 stars in the gallery. It lists every other achievement, but nothing completed in the gallery. Also, I got 3 stars in the sugar rush HOS but it does not show 3 stars in the candies below that represent it; in fact it only shows 1 candy no matter how many times played and even when I beat my own time.

So, it appears that more of us are having far more problems now than before the update that was suppose to help alleviate these glitches. Help would be appreciated. By the way, I've already reinstalled the game and both my PC and laptop have these same issues.

kiminwa
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by kiminwa on Nov 25, 13 11:45 AM
Have the same issue as babytax68.

I have three stars for the HO games and finally got three stars for the Sugar Rush but when I leave the game my previous two colored pieces under the of candy "rainbow lollipop" outside of the game are gray again and I don't get the credit. I'm currently showing 25/28 in the achievement list for getting three stars in all the HO games... but I've earned 3 stars for all of them.

This problem started AFTER I down loaded the update. Need another update to fix the glitch.

Otherwise... the game has been a lot of fun -- somewhat simplistic but very enjoyable with all the extras.

[Post New]by msgee77 on Nov 26, 13 5:20 PM
In chapter 2 I lined up the number and letters on rose as requested cannot open the rose and take out heart could you please tell me how this works. Game is not cheap give me a break fix this problem please . Thank you in advance Ms Gee

[Post New]by leila777 on Nov 27, 13 2:00 AM
I "completed the rose picture" but have no access to the bonus chapters, the third window after the first one. I've played several freaking times (skipping everything, sick of the game now) just to make sure the rose picture is completed - no dice. Bonus chapters still locked. Has anyone ever got to those?? This would be such bad game design it has to be a glitch, and it keeps swearing you can get to the bonus chapters when the stupid rose picture is done.

Edited on 11/27/2013 at 2:01:01 AM PST

[Post New]by sarahh1278 on Nov 29, 13 2:24 PM
The issue I'm having is in the bonus chapter. When you're looking for shells in front of the Sage's cottage (using the diving helmet), instead of the counter saying "7/8" or "8/8" like it's supposed to, after I got all 8 shells it says "8/?" and doesn't give me the shell for my inventory.

Does anyone know a workaround for this? I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, to no avail. I can't possibly be the only one who has encountered this issue.

rolldedice
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by rolldedice on Nov 30, 13 3:53 PM
superlady154 wrote:
nehmah wrote:When loading the screen had streaks of black ribbons across. The only way to use the game is with a small screen. Is this supposed to be played on a hand-held device? When I tried to play on the smaller screen, the game shut down. Nehmah

I have the same problem.

rolldedice
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by rolldedice on Nov 30, 13 3:55 PM
game worked before-after the update streaks of black in the screen!!! wudsup wit that?????

mayamaisha
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by mayamaisha on Dec 1, 13 10:05 PM
Have been trying to solve beanstalk puzzle. Finally gave up but the game will not allow me to skip. I have been attempting for at least an hour. Is there a solution for this?

I am playing Collectors Edition on Windows 7 PC. Help! I don't want to start over but I do want to finish the game.

Anyone else having this problem? Thanx

Go to: