Uh oh game crashing

Cglider
Herring
Herring
302 Posts

Re:Uh oh game crashing

[Post New]by Cglider on Oct 31, 13 10:27 PM
I play on an iPad with iOS 7.0.3 in Colorado and have had no problems (crossing my fingers).

I am concerned that CS would have sent out that response to L_Amour. The statements about the big stake make no sense to me since players have already spent lots of coins for them and it also makes no sense that they will be a premium bonus since many already have them. I don't get it!

As for trying to play once a day for a week or so??? You have to be kidding. CS is usually so helpful and responsive, this kind of response makes no sense.

FYI I got a pop up saying that land would be on sale for gold this weekend, try to get us to purchase during the sale, I suppose. In light of so many problems this is really frustrating.

1 Carman Cove

[Post New]by 1Spoodledame on Oct 31, 13 11:22 PM
Oh Cglider you are so lucky. Woke up about an hour ago (it's Friday morning in Greece) tried to get in. The update to ages to load, got to the "Enter" screen and it crashed out again. I am also using an ipad2 with iOS 7.0.3.
BFG, please give me my Manor back.
Still sad

Mordor Hall

Kevi1
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by Kevi1 on Oct 31, 13 11:37 PM
Hi, well it has been a boring old day here in Australia with no DM to play. We still cannot get in and after the response to L Amour it does not look like we will be able to take advantage of the land sale either. We will have now missed out on two things the gold sale and the land sale. I had been saving my gold as I hoped that they would do something like that and of course the new chapter is here. We are playing on IPAD4 with IOS7.0.3. I would like to think that we get more info soon.

I agree with L Amour that it is not the done thing to have friends spend money on the burning stake only to be told it was a mistake and that we will no longer be able to retrieve them. I thought one of the mods commented on it in another thread so they knew we were sending them out. This is not the first time that this has happened either so maybe they need to take a bit more care when they do the updates. I still like playing the game but it will get tiring if this keeps up.

We'll enough whinging from me hope we all get back in soon and that the new chapter 11 is worth the wait.
Elaine @ Dolphin Walk Manor

[Post New]by Keep_It_Dark on Nov 1, 13 1:55 AM
Start of Day 2 without Dark Manor! The fact that it is annoying me so much probably means I spend far too much time on it!!

This whole checking back once a day for a week thing is rather dismissive, which is probably what it irritating us all. I hope it's not that long...moreover, I hope our manors are safe! If anything has happen to my gold pile...grrrrr...

[Post New]by Trevett1st on Nov 1, 13 3:54 AM
I have been forced to resort to reading books here in London! How old fashioned!

[Post New]by 1Spoodledame on Nov 1, 13 4:09 AM
I'm resorting to Killer Sudoku and reading all the threads on this and Facebook, just to keep in touch. Now that is sad!

[Post New]by Istari on Nov 1, 13 4:19 AM
I was really excited when I saw they had pinpointed the problem. However I'm now devastated to read it could take a week or so to get sorted. What will I do without my manor?
Le Estrange Manior

[Post New]by 1Spoodledame on Nov 1, 13 4:29 AM
At least we are talking to each other

Fredericka2
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

[Post New]by Fredericka2 on Nov 1, 13 4:38 AM
Yes, that's true, although I did go and do some chores :-) my family r pleased, they say I spend toooooo much time on the manor ;-)

888 Ventura Mansions

GilGalad2
Minnow
Minnow
203 Posts

[Post New]by GilGalad2 on Nov 1, 13 9:53 AM
Now that it is daytime in Seattle, can someone PLEASE give us some info regarding the iOS problem, even if the fix is going to take a long time, just let us know!

Having posted the above, it has just been posted on Facebook that the problem is with an external server and they are working hard with their partner to fix. Fingers crossed!!!

Edited on 11/01/2013 at 10:20:21 AM PST

Frogmort
Manatee
Manatee
3,812 Posts

[Post New]by Frogmort on Nov 1, 13 10:20 AM
Could it be an iPad2 thing?

GilGalad2
Minnow
Minnow
203 Posts

[Post New]by GilGalad2 on Nov 1, 13 10:21 AM
Sadly I am on iPad 3, so I guess not!

Frogmort
Manatee
Manatee
3,812 Posts

[Post New]by Frogmort on Nov 1, 13 10:25 AM
IPad2, iPad3, iOS 6, iOS7 ... Hard to see a pattern... Only iOS?

GilGalad2
Minnow
Minnow
203 Posts

[Post New]by GilGalad2 on Nov 1, 13 10:28 AM
I think so Frogmort, my sister has the same problem we do on her iphone, but is able to access the game on her laptop.

Frogmort
Manatee
Manatee
3,812 Posts

[Post New]by Frogmort on Nov 1, 13 10:32 AM
Oh we'll...

mjpi
Guppy
Guppy
169 Posts

[Post New]by mjpi on Nov 1, 13 10:57 AM
I wasn't having problems until today (iPhone, iOS6)--I can still play, but the game crashes fairly frequently, especially when I finish playing scenes in earlier chapters. It tries to load high scores and freezes or closes.

Not happening in the most recent chapters, possibly because there are fewer names on the lists.

Oh, well. I was obsessively trying to finish filling vials in earlier scenes before I let myself buy one of the premiums I don't have, but maybe this is a sign that I should just go ahead and purchase!

bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Nov 1, 13 10:59 AM
Hello All,

It looks like it might be a little longer than we were anticipating. We're working with Apple on this issue, as it looks like this same issue may be affecting other companies as well. We're still working hard and are committed to getting you back into your games as quickly as we can.

Again, thanks for your patience with us and we'll continue to get you updates as we know more.

Thanks,

bfgDeveron

[Post New]by Accordeonfreak on Nov 1, 13 1:11 PM
Thank you for the update, bfgDeveron!

My other bfg game Found is working again today. All yesterday it was impossible to get in that game aswelll.

Edited on 11/01/2013 at 2:30:12 PM PST

Lyn3182
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by Lyn3182 on Nov 1, 13 5:32 PM
Day three for me. One can only hope that BFG finds a way to make it up to those of us who missed the gold sale, land sale and all the Halloween fun. Serious bummer.

Amy_Leee
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by Amy_Leee on Nov 1, 13 6:10 PM
bfgDeveron wrote:Hello All,

It looks like it might be a little longer than we were anticipating. We're working with Apple on this issue, as it looks like this same issue may be affecting other companies as well. We're still working hard and are committed to getting you back into your games as quickly as we can.

Again, thanks for your patience with us and we'll continue to get you updates as we know more.

Thanks,

bfgDeveron

Uh oh! If I'm reading this (between the lines) correctly, "working with Apple" means "it's Apple's fault" and "might be a little longer" means "we are not willing to budge, there are too few players having problems to justify the cost to us (BF) for fixing the problem right now" which could mean there are restrictions from Apple on data volume management with which the game does not comply for some users?

Go to: