slotfish

Thank you for your choice!

Lab_Lover
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

Re:Feedback with Blam! Games

[Post New]by Lab_Lover on Nov 18, 13 6:07 AM
Finished the game and enjoyed it tremendously. Really had to put the thinking cap on for some of the puzzles. I agree with all that's been said by everyone else. Only issue I had was with the logic behind the balloon puzzle. Was there a way to figure out the puzzle, or was it strictly a guessing game?

Keep the games coming!

BlamDev
Minnow
Minnow
229 Posts

[Post New]by BlamDev on Nov 18, 13 8:14 AM
Lab_Lover

Thank you! We hope you'll like another our games

Lab_Lover
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by Lab_Lover on Nov 18, 13 8:18 AM
Please explain the logic behind the balloon puzzle.

Bee921
Lobster
Lobster
82 Posts

[Post New]by Bee921 on Nov 18, 13 9:38 AM
My sister & I both played your game. We enjoyed it VERY much! Actually, I think I've played all of your (hidden object) games to date & look forward to more great games from you. Thank you!

Edited on 11/18/2013 at 11:04:36 AM PST

gryhndlvr
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

[Post New]by gryhndlvr on Nov 18, 13 12:03 PM
I just finished the game and enjoyed it sooo much. The bonus suggests that there will be another one coming out, Hmmm?
I like the fact that there were visions of an upcoming possible murder and you have to go back and basically change history.
I am tired if chasing ghosts, evil spirits and such. Not that I do not like them but this game was so refreshing. Please have more of that style. I will definitely buy.
Great job BLAM

BlamDev
Minnow
Minnow
229 Posts

[Post New]by BlamDev on Nov 18, 13 11:02 PM
Bee921

Thank you!

gryhndlvr

Thank you for review!

orphaned
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,080 Posts

[Post New]by orphaned on Nov 20, 13 10:02 PM
Dear Blam! Games:

Hope you are still checking! Have a burning question that needs answering.

The balloon puzzle was diabolical!! Spent a lot of time working and reworking this.

Finally went to SG and applied solution BUT why it worked still a puzzle until looked at the drawings. You would never leave us without a way to solve.

My conclusion was - shapes and sizes shown in drawings.

It is not only the amount of gas but type of gas that created size and shape required for each colour!!

Am I correct?

BlamDev
Minnow
Minnow
229 Posts

[Post New]by BlamDev on Nov 21, 13 12:33 AM
Hi orphaned!

There is no connection between shape and size of the ballons in this puzzle.

You can use picture and text in the SG - cause there are correct.

Tiger2010
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,624 Posts

[Post New]by Tiger2010 on Nov 22, 13 2:49 AM
Hi BlamDev,

I have all your games and love them, even this one seeing as the era and theme are my least favourite; I am still enthralled by it. Your games are always a buy for me.

I do love the hidden hand and foot prints. That perfectly fits this murder mystery investigation. My only slight quibble here is the length of time it takes for those prints to appear under the magnifier. Perhaps just slightly quicker would mean this gamer with very little patience would have been a tiny bit happier. Still, it's no biggie.

And, yep - here comes that question again... Have you now shelved Lovely Kitchen2? I'd quite understand if you did - there are not that many of us who play those TMs, and business is business. Knowing would just put a stop to anticipating.

Many thanks in advance.

BlamDev
Minnow
Minnow
229 Posts

[Post New]by BlamDev on Nov 22, 13 7:39 AM
Hi Tiger2010!

Thank you for this post.

About Lovely Kitchen 2 - this games now in production cycle, but we can't tell about terms. This game will be released, and more info about it you can find in our blogs or on the site.

anki6969
Minnow
Minnow
242 Posts

[Post New]by anki6969 on Nov 24, 13 11:06 AM
I must say that this is my favourite of your games (and I have them all) !!!
I liked the little rough graphics and just loved the music!
The puzzles were the right difficulty for me and the HO-scenes were fun.

I liked the story and the settings.

Many Thanks for this wonderful game which got up on my Top 5 list ever

BlamDev
Minnow
Minnow
229 Posts

[Post New]by BlamDev on Nov 24, 13 11:57 PM
anki6969

We are so happy to hear your review! Thank you!

Tiger2010
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,624 Posts

[Post New]by Tiger2010 on Nov 25, 13 2:43 AM
Thank you, BlamDev!

I'll keep an eye on your website and buy LK2 from you as soon as it's available.

tookat
Flounder
Flounder
2,099 Posts

[Post New]by tookat on Nov 25, 13 4:52 AM
HI Blam Devs....I just thought I would give you a look at the review I am sending to Big Fish for the Games Splash page as well as for the forum.

Now that I have finished the game, I just feel the need to say that Blam has made a game that is really "classy".

You feel as if you are there in the time period and interacting with the characters.
The amount of extra detail and the little animations that occur in every scene, in every HOG didn't have to be put in, but the entire game experience is enriched for their having done so. This was one of the games in which I cheerfully pulled out my magnifying glass, just so I could see all the rich details and to hunt for jokes hidden inside....though this woman who has some vision limitations also needed it to

I had a smile on my face the entire time, except for when my forehead creased as I tried to battle my way through a difficult puzzle. I thought Blam spent time to make sure that some of the puzzles were either fresher versions of old ones, or new ones, and there was a good variety in them. I also thought the balance between HOGS and Puzzles was excellent.

This is gaming at its best.

I know some people thought looking for the fingerprints et al with the magnifying glass got old really quickly, but I enjoyed it as an extra layer of game play....though I wish the Hot Area appeared a little more easily because it often took fiddling back and forth with the magnifier to locate an area.

The tea kettles were sometimes too easy to find, but by not having them in every scene, and sometimes making them hard to find that issue became less of a big deal to me....and I had to laugh at the cleverness of how the tea pot was added to some scenes.

For those folks who are tired of either cute or fairy tale games, or who are tired of mad wizards, vampires or monsters, this straightforward detective "Who done it" in the hard boiled style of the 30's - 50's was very refreshing.

The art work and music were great and the extras that were added for the CE made it well worth the extra cost, but it was especially the quality of the Bonus Game that really made it worthwhile.
I like the fact that the Main Game was fully completed at its end and that the Bonus was also completed by its end....but that it was done in a way that added something to the entire story.

Good Job Blam Games.....please get that sequel out asap. I am looking forward to it!

BlamDev
Minnow
Minnow
229 Posts

[Post New]by BlamDev on Nov 27, 13 12:17 AM
Hi tookat!

Thank you for positive review! We will working on the next our detective game and do our best to bring you a lot of fun with another great games!

driain
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by driain on Nov 27, 13 11:01 AM
Hi Blam,
Congratulations on another brilliant game. Especially liked your very refreshing mix of puzzles with new twists.
If there is a (very minor) suggestion about the gameplay it might be better to require less clicks to get out of the dialogue sequences.
Looking forward to your new games in the New Year.

BlamDev
Minnow
Minnow
229 Posts

[Post New]by BlamDev on Nov 28, 13 12:19 AM
Hi driain!

We are so happy that you like our game! Thank you!

[Post New]by quarlesqueen on Dec 8, 13 1:51 PM
Hiya BlamDev ,

I know I am VERY late, on commenting about your VERY fun and entertaining game, but I just finished playing, the main game and bonus, have purchased so many games, so am really behind when reviewing them.
Having said that, I still wanted to let you all at BLAM ..know what an AWESOME job you all did with this game .
I love all types of games, fantasy fairy tales with magical elements, the dark and creepy ones, AND the detective whodunit cases, and basically love each, for what they have to offer.
Like children, they each have different reasons, for loving them ..this was a well done murder mystery, and the way each character was murdered, with the cut scenes, blew me away, so BRILLIANT and realistic, it felt like you were right there.
I am (blushing )..to have to admit this, but didn't realize that there were finger prints to find, until I read someone's review, so will have to re-play, because I love finding the extra's, (that is what I get for playing to many games at once )..Duh .
BUT I have to say that I am one of those fishie's that LOVE the H0 scenes, so PLEASE keep them in future games, you all did a great job with them, IMHO .
My lucky number is 5, but I don't think luck has anything to do with it, BLAM developers are just VERY talented people, and it shows throughout this gem.
From the graphics and artwork, to the music and puzzles, to the theme and story, all wrapped up in a perfect package ..I REALLY enjoyed playing every minute, so THANK YOU

Go to: