Annabel

scotcat
Flounder
Flounder
2,349 Posts

Re:Annabel

[Post New]by scotcat on Mar 13, 09 5:52 AM
......3 hours entertainment

Ok, so if I continue with my 2nd 1 hour demo, I will be at least 3/4 of the way done? Maybe I can play faster then normal and play the whole game from the demos.

Gajillion
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by Gajillion on Mar 13, 09 5:55 AM
mummypops wrote:lol scotcat, I tried 3 times, Ist error message, 2 froze, 3 shut my comp down I give up

Got access error violation almost right away. What's up with that??? Another disappointment!!!

scotcat
Flounder
Flounder
2,349 Posts

[Post New]by scotcat on Mar 13, 09 5:57 AM
I have giggled at the girls' spaced out eyes,cracked up at the things that are said,laughed my socks off at the masculine voice and nearly pmp at the way the characters move.
And how many of us after someone threatened to kill our lovers the best we could come up with would be "scoundrel"

It's kinda like a bad B movie, huh? LOL

And why is almost every game set in Egypt? Why not take a risk and go to Norway or something?

grumbler
Marlin
Marlin
9,065 Posts

[Post New]by grumbler on Mar 13, 09 6:01 AM
Norway Scotcat - Wouldn't the snow cover the hidden objects and make them even harder to find LOL

[Post New]by oopsadaisy on Mar 13, 09 6:16 AM
Got access violation too.

Updated drivers, disabled firewall etc etc, uninstalled game, shut down computer, re-installed................3 times!!!

Message comes up at exactly the same point every time - right after the first dialogue grrrrr.

Anyone any ideas please??

[Post New]by catsholidayhome on Mar 13, 09 6:20 AM
hi oopsadaisy (love the name!) - although had no problems downloading and opening the game - there are several glitches especially in the mini-games where it freezes. Once had to shut down computer just to get it to disappear! Other times just came out of the mini-game, went back in and it worked!

bedheadkg
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by bedheadkg on Mar 13, 09 6:21 AM
No ideas but I am getting exactly the same thing, access violation after the first dialogue (which is truely awful!!), not that bothered as if it was only a short one I probably wouldn't have bought it any way.
xx

granny754
Herring
Herring
304 Posts

[Post New]by granny754 on Mar 13, 09 6:27 AM
I guess I'm in the minority but I didn't care for it. It wasn't a real challenge for me. I didn't care for all the spinning either. I know most will like it so enjoy the game.

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on Mar 13, 09 6:47 AM
I finished it and it took me about 4 hours to play. I really liked it - I wanted it to keep going though as I was enjoying the game play. None of the puzzles were difficult so it is not brain taxing.

I hate those untangle puzzles (if you know the ones I mean) but I guess everyone has some kind of puzzle they just go yuck when they encounter LOL
Had a glitch with the coloured ball puzzle as did a few others but it was doable in the end - it just took more time to solve than it should have.

If I can finish a game on my own without a walkthrough or hint then I class it easy peasy so I guess this one is

I think the game was really good- graphics excellent, voice acting bleh, puzzles easy, story was immersive enough.

Worth the purchase vote here. An enjoyable way to fill in my evening on a Friday night wind down

[Post New]by missekat on Mar 13, 09 7:03 AM
where do i find the carpenter tools to open the floor boards

kishimojun
Stingray
Stingray
4,534 Posts

[Post New]by kishimojun on Mar 13, 09 7:19 AM
Okay, THIS is a first! A game my husband also enjoys! Thanks to !

dtouchton
Manatee
Manatee
4,156 Posts

[Post New]by dtouchton on Mar 13, 09 7:43 AM
I've only played about 40 minutes but I like it so far. The moving does not bother me (but virtual rides do). Not sure if I will buy it, tho. I have to see what the game is tomorrow.

anne216
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,772 Posts

[Post New]by anne216 on Mar 13, 09 8:23 AM
oopsadaisy wrote:Got access violation too.

Updated drivers, disabled firewall etc etc, uninstalled game, shut down computer, re-installed................3 times!!!

Message comes up at exactly the same point every time - right after the first dialogue grrrrr.

Anyone any ideas please??

Ditto same problem for mei'm updated to the max new pc 500gb hard drive 6meg ram new hd video card and never a problem with any games, hope they they have a fix soon.
Anne

cesse47
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
25,099 Posts

[Post New]by cesse47 on Mar 13, 09 8:47 AM
...........** raises fin **
....I'm joining the group getting the ""Access Violation "" and locking up. At the same point as well. Uninstalled twice and same error same place same time.
....So, guess I won't be trying this game.

Gentlsong
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,865 Posts

[Post New]by Gentlsong on Mar 13, 09 9:00 AM
Elkestra wrote:Well I was about to buy it.... but it crashed with an Access Violation, just as the first conversation with the person trapped in the sarcophagus ends (repeatable).

I may try re-installing, in case it's just a glitch in the install... otherwise, I'm going to have to wait a few hours to speak to Live Chat.

What's irritating is that I've only just spent time re-formatting the hard-drive, and re-installing Windows etc.... usually that would fix this sort of thing happening (by clearing out the tail-end scraps of old drivers and who knows what thats left behind on the system after a year of updates, patches, and so on)

That said, I've been enjoying playing it (as far as I've got so far).

Did you run Windows Update after reinstalling and also reinstall or at least check your video drivers, etc.? Also, be sure to reboot before re-installing.

Rose427
Stingray
Stingray
4,519 Posts

[Post New]by Rose427 on Mar 13, 09 9:14 AM
I played the demo and the game is pretty good, but the Actor's voices are bothering me, and yes Annabel is the worst! Please tell me they did not pay her... I pretty much need to mute the actors and just read it because I can imagine a better reading of it in my mind Also the part with the mummy was a bit cheesy in my opinion, I was hoping someone was just trapped

So overall the Graphics are good, I am okay with the camera movements, but I can see why someone with feel The Voice Acting is horrendous, so if I just put it on mute, I think it will be okay, the Puzzles weren't too bad, a bit easy, and going back and forth between rooms was not so bad, but watching the swinging camera movements was a bit much

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Mar 13, 09 9:22 AM
scotcat wrote:And why is almost every game set in Egypt? Why not take a risk and go to Norway or something?
One of the reasons I bought Syberia II was because of the awesome winter scenery. I would love to see more games with the beauty of Syberia II.

I learned very quickly to close my eyes when going between scenes in Annabel. It was giving me a headache. It seems to be a bit too much motion. Otherwise a fun game.

guylee1
Marlin
Marlin
8,309 Posts

[Post New]by guylee1 on Mar 13, 09 9:52 AM
I finally found the 5th key!

cece2u45
Guppy
Guppy
159 Posts

[Post New]by cece2u45 on Mar 13, 09 9:57 AM
How the heck does the colored ball puzzle work?
I am not so good at this one

bfgCelebes
Flounder
Flounder
2,038 Posts

[Post New]by bfgCelebes on Mar 13, 09 11:03 AM
Hello everyone!

In regards to the Access Violation / Crash, we have found that this occurs when clicking too quickly through certain dialog scenes. We are working on getting a fix for this and hope to have it soon. In the meantime, the best way to avoid the issue is to not click too quickly during the dialog scenes. We apologize for any trouble, and we'll be sure to let you all know once we receive the fix.

Cheers!

~~~bfgCelebes~ ~~~

Go to: