fabes
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

Re:Post Your Technical Issues for Mystery Case Files®: Fate's Carnival Collector's Edition Here O

[Post New]by fabes on Nov 28, 13 5:34 AM
I'm having the same issue with getting the card for the phone # in the strongman ho game. Please fix these issues. By the way updated everything and newer comp.

KTCamper
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

Re:Post Your Technical Issues for Mystery Case Files®: Fate's Carnival Collector's Edition Here

[Post New]by KTCamper on Nov 28, 13 6:24 AM
fabes wrote:I'm having the same issue with getting the card for the phone # in the strongman ho game.
Just making sure you are using the upside down spade for the fourth character. It's tricky to see all 5 different symbols.

Re:Post Your Technical Issues for Mystery Case Files®: Fate's Carnival Collector's Edition Here O

[Post New]by kherm1 on Nov 28, 13 6:24 AM
Loved the game, got through the whole thing with some assistance. In the Secret Room I am having issues with a couple of the HO scenes not completing even though the items are all gone out of tasks, and I can't pick up the card at the strongman's scene or the skull in the moon at the merry go round, which means I can't complete the tasks for Franco or Marlena (four shells and four dumb bells). So I can't finish the Secret Room.

Blitzmiz
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by Blitzmiz on Nov 28, 13 8:12 AM
I am collecting scarabs to open Mme Fate's caravan. After the 5th scarab the key to open the 6th scarab disappears and game will not allow me to collect the scarab at the tree outside Mme Fate's caravan which has broken and fallen down. Hints circle the hole in the tree but nothing seems to work. Following the (very bare) instructions in the strategy guide doesn't work. Clicking on the scarab, attempting to put the cat in the hole in the tree etc. etc. nothing works. Any ideas? Is this another frustratingly buggy game from BigFish?

fabes
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

strongman ho game

[Post New]by fabes on Nov 28, 13 8:12 AM
yes ktcamper im not even getting the card like it shows in the strat guide that's my issue but thanks

Pepper010
Stingray
Stingray
4,977 Posts

Re:Post Your Technical Issues for Mystery Case Files®: Fate's Carnival Collector's Edition Here

[Post New]by Pepper010 on Nov 28, 13 8:49 AM
Blitzmiz wrote:I am collecting scarabs to open Mme Fate's caravan. After the 5th scarab the key to open the 6th scarab disappears and game will not allow me to collect the scarab at the tree outside Mme Fate's caravan which has broken and fallen down. Hints circle the hole in the tree but nothing seems to work. Following the (very bare) instructions in the strategy guide doesn't work. Clicking on the scarab, attempting to put the cat in the hole in the tree etc. etc. nothing works. Any ideas? Is this another frustratingly buggy game from BigFish?

I'm having the same problem, and so is someone else. See the thread titled Scarabs. I've checked the strategy guide, and I'm doing the right things, but the screen is dead, dead, dead. The cursor doesn't even turn into a hand to "touch" it. I think this is a buggy game. I've started over, not happily, with another profile and will see what happens. I'm really frustrated and wondering if BFG will pay any attention to our problems.

wd_athena
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by wd_athena on Nov 28, 13 9:40 AM
The game freezes when I place the last blue/red fuse in the bomb on the rocket. I have used task manager to get out of it and then reopened the game. It starts where I have to put in the last fuse, and then freezes.

vingilot
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,175 Posts

[Post New]by vingilot on Nov 28, 13 10:56 AM
Mac, 10.6.8 - Puzzle with the green and blue marbles - I solved it but nothing happened. Game only accepts the solution from the SG. If there's more than one solution, then all solutions should be able to solve the puzzle.

[Post New]by ksjayhawk01 on Nov 28, 13 2:08 PM
I play a few minutes and my computer crashes. I restart and play a few minutes and the computer crashes again. I tried other Big Fish games and they work fine so I think this is probably a Fate's Carnival Collector's Edition problem.

BlackWaterRules
Shark
Shark
10,153 Posts

[Post New]by BlackWaterRules on Nov 28, 13 2:49 PM
I played with no problems at all, left the game a few times,
now when I try to get back into the game it does nothing,
I can't get back in where I left off (at the scene with the red phone booth)
and I don't know what will happen if I hit "reset" instead of "continue".

budden
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

Re Fate's Carnival Collector's Edition

[Post New]by budden on Nov 28, 13 4:53 PM
I am having the same problem with the phone, doesn't acknowledge that I found the code so doesn't matter about the upside down spade or any spade for that matter. The only question now is refund or fix the glitch.

[Post New]by gothicrose74 on Nov 28, 13 5:02 PM
FishyFemale wrote:I, too, beta tested this game but because my computer is older, I got some areas in some scenes that were "whited out". The funny thing is, I was able to click into these white areas and still get to an active area of the game which I could play! Very weird. I've since updated my flash player so maybe it'll work better this time. I plan to demo this CE version and hope it'll work for me because I loved what I was able to play in the beta version and know I'll love it once I'm able to see all of it!

I played the demo of the game just fine, but after I bought it - 90% of it is "whited out." Usually it starts fine, but when you click on an area that brings up a close-up, the screen flashes and most of it turns white. I've disabled custom cursor and special effects, I've also updated my flash player and basically updated the heck out of everything, and it still does it. I like what I can play, but I'm also frustrated with it. There are very few games from BF that will work on my computer and I can't afford a new one right now

[Post New]by mcfjunkie38 on Nov 28, 13 7:19 PM
I downloaded the game for PC yesterday, only about 20 minutes to download this and one other game i bought with the "sale".

Everytime I click on the "play" button, I get the correct start up noise, and a box saying "the game manager app is closing, please wait" and then I get an error saying "MysteryCaseFiles_FatesCarnivalCE.exe has stopped working". I get no option but to okay that box. And then the Game Manager pops back up as if I've played the game and left and tells me I have "unlimited time because I own the game".

I haven't seen so much as a Title page. This is the first time in 4 years of getting MCF's on Thanksgiving that I've ever had an issue. I've purchased them for Mac and PC and though sometimes I have to wait for the download, I've never had any serious issues.

I uninstalled and reinstalled both the game and the game manager to no avail. And I've reported this to BFG's tech folks. I hope this can be patched soon. I'd really like to play..

Tralfaz
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by Tralfaz on Nov 28, 13 7:54 PM
kherm1 wrote:Loved the game, got through the whole thing with some assistance. In the Secret Room I am having issues with a couple of the HO scenes not completing even though the items are all gone out of tasks, and I can't pick up the card at the strongman's scene or the skull in the moon at the merry go round, which means I can't complete the tasks for Franco or Marlena (four shells and four dumb bells). So I can't finish the Secret Room.

Same here. I haven't made it to the Strong Man yet, but the one for Marlena, with the skull, after finally letting me click the skull,and it disappearing along with the word, it just seems stuck.

I wasn't sure if I had skipped some though because I was working on the clowns masks, then when I hit hint it took me to Marlena. So I never got to get all the masks, wasn't sure if that was a glitch or not.

Tralfaz
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by Tralfaz on Nov 28, 13 7:55 PM
wd_athena wrote:The game freezes when I place the last blue/red fuse in the bomb on the rocket. I have used task manager to get out of it and then reopened the game. It starts where I have to put in the last fuse, and then freezes.

This happened to me as well. I went back into the game and clicked on one fuse then reset it and waited for the time to run down, then skipped it & it worked.

Not sure of the answer if you actually want to finish the fuse game rather than skip it though.

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Nov 28, 13 9:05 PM
MAC: Playing on a Mac 10.8.5 and I have hit a fatal freeze. I was trying to play the ship mini game in the notebook ("For many days the pirates drove our ship away, to the east", etc. - page 19 in my notebook), Chapter 13, The Bridge. I couldn't figure it out so exited the game and came to check the forum.

When I returned to the game that page is now frozen. I cannot move the ship, when I click on any of the dots nothing happens, the ship just sits there. Everything else seems to be working just fine.

As far as I can tell, skipping is not an option with the games in the notebook. If I'm mistaken I sure do hope someone will correct me! I guess I'll try uninstalling and reinstalling. It definitely would suck a lot to have to start over after reaching Chapter 13 in a 14 chapter game. I do hope I won't have to do that!

Also, gotta say, it sure is strange to have virtually NO moderator presence in the forum for an MCF game that just launched, despite the holidays. Especially with a game series that has notoriously glitchy releases!

ETA: For other Mac players...since we no longer have our own forum, we had discussed making our posts in tech forums easier to find for other Mac-ies. So in the future I hope the rest of you will also clearly label your post as specifically Mac related. Thank you!

ETA2: Nope. Reinstall did NOT work!! Arrrrggggg!!! I will have to start the whole thing over!!! After being on the penultimate chapter!! Noooooooooooo!!!!!

Edited on 11/28/2013 at 9:46:52 PM PST

[Post New]by jummama on Nov 28, 13 10:57 PM
This may not be a tech problem maybe just a me problem. I am trying to access a key from my inventory. I picked it up but I have 6 items showing in my inventory and I know there is atleast 1 more item, a key that is not showing up. I can't seem to figure out how to more the inventory over to access the other area of inventory that this key is in. ALSO what is the purpose of locking your inventory? I have it unlocked now. Why would you need to "Lock" it?

GalaxieBleu
Minnow
Minnow
200 Posts

Achievement Glitches

[Post New]by GalaxieBleu on Nov 29, 13 2:49 AM
Achievement Glitches:

Sort of not a problem but maybe a glitch - I played through most of the last super puzzle in the main game but then hit skip near the end and it gave me the "played all super puzzles [or however it's worded] without skipping" achievement. I sort of don't mind this as I had skipped a couple of super puzzles before totally finishing them and wasn't planning on trying for that one. Technically it shouldn't have given the achievement to me.

Also, I had tried two different times to get the "finished an HO in OVER 10 minutes" and know that I did spend over 10 minutes but it didn't give me that achievement.

[Post New]by beaudaciousdldy on Nov 29, 13 7:28 AM
FishyFemale wrote:I, too, beta tested this game but because my computer is older, I got some areas in some scenes that were "whited out". The funny thing is, I was able to click into these white areas and still get to an active area of the game which I could play! Very weird. I've since updated my flash player so maybe it'll work better this time. I plan to demo this CE version and hope it'll work for me because I loved what I was able to play in the beta version and know I'll love it once I'm able to see all of it!

Hi,

I have white screens too in these, Elephant and others. Also sent private msg.
karen

kellen46
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

Re:Post Your Technical Issues Fate's Carnival Collector's Edition Here Only!

[Post New]by kellen46 on Nov 29, 13 9:05 AM
deadlyflower wrote:I cannot progress past the 5th scarab. I am stuck at the 6th, by the tree, the one that has fallen from the bird cage. The walk through and the strategy guide say "touch the fragments," and yet, the game does nothing! Ideas, or a fix?!

Deadlyflower

I have the same problem.....have you a fix? you can pm if need be....great game but am frustrated at this point.

Go to: