Re:Post Your Technical Issues For Hidden Expedition: Smithsonian Hope Diamond CE Here Only!!

[Post New]by Skg1966 on Mar 7, 14 4:35 PM
I am playing on my Ipad 2. I am having the same problem as the two users that posted about the crashing game on their Ipad 3's. I started getting the problem 2 days ago, my game would freeze as soon as I got a scene loaded then kick me out to the home screen. Yesterday, it would not go past the compass/load screen before kicking me out. I uninstalled then re-installed...twice. No luck..I am dead in the water. Help!

Re:Post Your Technical Issues For Hidden Expedition: Smithsonian Hope Diamond CE Here Only!!

[Post New]by ljvicik on Mar 8, 14 5:16 AM
On iPad 4, I am having the same issue as others with the game not loading after being saved. Purchased the collector's edition, played through once, went to go through again and now it freezes on the load page with the compass. After a second the app closes. I have tried all the suggestions, including deleting and reloading the game. I hope it is fixed soon. Thanks.

[Post New]by freemak on Mar 8, 14 6:35 AM
I am having the same problem. It gets to the "Loading..." Screen and then aborts.

[Post New]by Yahira06 on Mar 8, 14 9:19 AM
Have this game on my Ipad, I have finished the full and am interested in trying the souviner room and the HOP. But each time I attempt to open a chapter in either screen the game closes. Please help.

[Post New]by traerich on Mar 9, 14 5:45 AM
Same problem here. I have it on an I-pad mini. Won't go past loading screen. I deleted, then reinstalled, now it says I have to re-purchase it and it still won't load. What is going on?

Edited on 03/09/2014 at 5:46:29 AM PST

[Post New]by linckylloyd on Mar 9, 14 7:58 AM
same issue here. i'm an ipad 3 user. after clicking the start or play button, loading page will appear then, poof, game is aborted!

[Post New]by Maddd111 on Mar 9, 14 10:11 AM
To ipad mini. It should say already purchased on lower left bottom. Hit that and it will verify you payed and unlock it.

[Post New]by wdelmoli on Mar 9, 14 12:52 PM
I bought this game for iPad. I have an iPad 3 running 7.0.6. It crashes on loading. I have uninstalled and reinstalled multiple times. I have stopped everything else running on the iPad and still nothing works. I really wanted to play this game! Any ideas?

[Post New]by scrappypam on Mar 9, 14 3:12 PM
Having same issue on iPad Air. Goes to loading screen and then shuts down. Was having a good time playing it. Uninstalled and reinstalled and play for a bit, then crashes and won't open back up.

[Post New]by thequilterlady on Mar 9, 14 7:29 PM
Played the game for a while on my ipad. After closing the game i try to get back in and it shuts down after the loading sequence. I have reinstalled the game several times losing all my progress. When I reinstall I can play for a while but unless I want to play all the way to the end I cannot get back in to pick up where I left off. I am considering asking for a refund unless somebody can fix this problem.

[Post New]by Hagwosh42 on Mar 10, 14 3:00 AM
iPad three. The game was adventurous, somewhat educational, and provided a new hope for this type of game. Unfortunately, the game crashed and would not load past the compass, as mentioned above. Would love to buy the game so please inform us when it is figured out. After all it's your name and the Smithsonian's name at stake here. The Smithsonian's for God's sake.

[Post New]by 7913Henry on Mar 10, 14 10:06 AM
My game crashes every time I use other apps on the IPad. I have tried reinstalling several times, and also the other advice on the website. I have not yet finished the game. arrrrrghhhh!!!

anges35
Lobster
Lobster
91 Posts

Game won't reopen!

[Post New]by anges35 on Mar 10, 14 3:20 PM
iPad version:

After leaving the game for while, then trying to start playing again, I get the full "loading" process, only to have the screen close back to it's app.

I had problems reopening with original d/l and install, so went through the delete/download/reinstall/play process. New install was working okay, but I closed right after paying at end of Chapter 2- big mistake- Clicking on Play repeats the entire process, with the same result> screen closes with app icon remaining. I think going to the hot dog stand was the next activity.

I do not want to start this game again and take the chance of not being able to get back in. I did NOT get the Tutorial either of the times.

Please advise!!!!

[Post New]by Maddd111 on Mar 10, 14 6:51 PM
Come on Big Fish. The bad news is piling up on the App Store. We paid money for this and we only get a " we are busy, try to fix it yourself" reply. I bought quite a few games from you and this is leaving me kinda bitter with no real explanation or hint that you are looking for a fix.
Are you there?

[Post New]by Maddd111 on Mar 11, 14 12:19 PM
I saw this on the App Store. Some said turn off wi-fi. It works. I thought that darn ad , Internet thing was the trouble. See if it helps any of you.

[Post New]by Manatee57 on Mar 11, 14 5:04 PM
Same issue, where I started the game (iPad Air), played at least an hour, and stopped for the night. When I tried to start back up, it gets to the main game screen and I click Play... I see the compass... And it quits. The app is still running, but the game just quits.

I deleted the app, downloaded it again, and started over. Played a bunch of the game... And went to bed. Next day, it won't run again. Gets to the same point, and quits.

I know I'll have to start over AGAIN if there's a fix for it. I hope there's some recourse, since I've paid for the game.

BTW, it's a fun game, until I have to lose all my progress.

[Post New]by LolliJ on Mar 15, 14 4:23 PM
Another iPad2 user unable to play the game. Crashes at startup. Closed all apps, restarted, reinstalled. Games plays but then the same issue at restarting the game.

Going to try the above tip on turning off wifi, but come on BFG! No one should have to turn off wifi to play a game. A fix would be in order, don't you think??

[Post New]by ddstotler on Mar 18, 14 6:55 AM
Turning off wifi on iPad did nothing! Is someone going to respond with the real fix?
The only good thing is that one can breeze through hogs rapidly and forget about the story line since it's been seen a dozen times.

Never had anything like this happen before. Rats!

MarpleLover
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,415 Posts

[Post New]by MarpleLover on Mar 18, 14 7:47 AM
The disable wifi fix does work. Verify you have I indeed turned it off. I disabled it on my IPad 2 only to see the slider bounce back to on. Allow enough time for the change to take effect. I disabled wifi and still got kicked out at the load compass point. I waited a minute and tried to play again. The second time I got past the load point and proceeded to play where I had last saved the game.

[Post New]by ddstotler on Mar 18, 14 7:14 PM
Finally set iPad on airplane mode and that is working.. Durn computers...

Go to: