IKacey
Clownfish
Clownfish
735 Posts

Re:Post your Midnight Castle Technical Issues Here Only!

[Post New]by IKacey on Jan 24, 14 2:49 AM
I never get a diamond no matter how many flowers I collect, escept for the once in the Achievement award for collecting 1000 flowers.

The game also freezes about 1/3 of the time when I give gifts. And there is no way to find out if they got them but they are gone from my inventory and no thank you cards and it lowers how many gifts I can give by one just as if it was sent.

Also I have the update and just the last 3 days have been getting the "not connected to server" messages. The rest of my games never do this and my computer is still connected for everything but the game. After a few minutes it reconnects and starts up where it stops

I use Windows 7 and Mozilla Firefox browser. My internet is always connected and I have not experienced any drops in connection at any other time than when playing MC

geniemc
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

[Post New]by geniemc on Jan 24, 14 7:02 AM
I have been playing this game ever since it was released, but today after the update, I cannot open the game. Message says program not responding. This really irritates me since I am not going to be able to complete the daily achievements and the wait time for help is so long. I have restored my computer by a day and still the same problem. I run Windows 7 on a HP S2031.

awalkinglady
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,341 Posts

[Post New]by awalkinglady on Jan 24, 14 9:09 AM
geniemc...having the same problem here...can't open the game since the update. Really is sad because we will lose all our progress on daily tasks in achievements! BFG and Elephant Games certainly didn't do us any favors with this update!!

bfgWendwater
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,911 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWendwater on Jan 24, 14 12:25 PM
Hey All,

I'm sorry for any problems you've been having since the last update.

We have escalated the issue to the developer and it is currently being investigated. We are now collecting information about the problem. Feel free to contact our Tech Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report and tell our Reps a description of the issue. They will be happy to help troubleshoot.

Thanks for your patience!

bfgWendwater

[Post New]by imtayl on Jan 24, 14 1:25 PM
I was playing the PC version yesterday when the no connection message came on so I quit the game. When I started the game an hour later, I was logged on as someone else's profile. So I again quit the game and tried again with the same results today. I even uninstalled and then reinstalled the game. What should I do? I use Windows XP and Mozilla Firefox browser.

Edited on 01/24/2014 at 3:48:56 PM PST

bfgWendwater
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,911 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWendwater on Jan 24, 14 4:36 PM
Hey Everyone,

For those of you having problems accessing the game, there's a chance the problem may be coming from the Big Fish Games app and not the game itself. It seems there has been some success getting the game to work by reinstalling it from the game page on our website instead of the app.

If you would like to give this a try, please click on the blue link below and click the 'Play Free' button. This will reinstall the game with the latest updates:

Midnight Castle

Please let us know here in the forums if this was able to help get the game working. Thank you!

bfgWendwater

geniemc
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

[Post New]by geniemc on Jan 24, 14 4:54 PM
This didn't work for me. Still "magiccastle.exe not responding."

basmith12
Herring
Herring
366 Posts

[Post New]by basmith12 on Jan 24, 14 5:39 PM
I just tried this solution. Does not help. Still says "midnightcastle.exe has stopped working" and says windows will close program and look for solution. But no solution or mention of solution shows. I goes back to the game manager screen. I am using Windows 7 Home Edition

geniemc
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

[Post New]by geniemc on Jan 24, 14 6:13 PM
I am also using Windows 7, Home Edition, so I wonder if there is some conflict with the update and Windows 7. If so, looks like BF would be aware of it .

judy1689
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
487 Posts

[Post New]by judy1689 on Jan 24, 14 9:22 PM
basmith12 wrote:I just tried this solution. Does not help. Still says "midnightcastle.exe has stopped working" and says windows will close program and look for solution. But no solution or mention of solution shows. I goes back to the game manager screen. I am using Windows 7 Home Edition

Same thing happened to me.

geniemc
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

[Post New]by geniemc on Jan 25, 14 11:00 AM
Has anyone heard from technical support? I sent a report early yesterday morning and have heard not one word. I know it is slow going, but really!! With so many having the same issue, I would think they would have an answer by now.

awalkinglady
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,341 Posts

[Post New]by awalkinglady on Jan 25, 14 2:07 PM
Already thought to try this solution and, like everyone else, IT DOES NOT WORK!!! I sent in my report to tech support 3 days ago and have not had a response from them. Usually don't hear from them for about 3 - 5 days anyway. I agree, with all the issues/problems this update has caused, you would think they could have done something by now.

[Post New]by Duncan_14all on Jan 26, 14 6:43 AM
I got the same problem, I think the problem is the database file called save.db.
It seems it has been corrupted in a way. I have installed the game again and can play, but only from the beginning (3 weeks of playing gone!). But when I overwrite save.db with my latest version of yesterday evening, the game closes and will not play anymore, and get the same messages as all other players with the same problems.

geniemc
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

[Post New]by geniemc on Jan 26, 14 6:26 PM
Duncan: I bet you're correct. I created another user on my PC, and was able to play the game just fine. Of course, I had to start a new game. I'm not sure Elephant or BF can fix this without losing all progress.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jan 26, 14 10:39 PM
Just wanted to point out that twice now I did not receive my 10 coins when I had collected 5 flowers. They just went back to 0/5 but no coins were forthcoming.

The first time it happened quite a while ago, and I thought that perhaps I just hovered over them with my cursor without noticing them, but it happened again now, and so I know it wasn't an oversight the first time. I didn't get the 10 coins.

awalkinglady
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,341 Posts

[Post New]by awalkinglady on Jan 27, 14 7:59 AM
seems to happen alot that the coins don't drop for the 5 flowers.

Soobiedoo
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by Soobiedoo on Jan 27, 14 8:01 AM
Hi, Valdy. I am also having this same issue. I did not encounter this problem until yesterday, when it happened over a dozen times. Today, during the hour or so I played, it happened four times! I started to taking mental notes and have found that the worst culprits for non-money-dropping are at the Ice Rock (Rustle), in the Dungeon of the Cursed (Valeria), and at the Tavern (Salty the Innkeeper). No problems in the Throne Room with the Chamberlain, at the Castle Gates with Anabel, or in the Bailey with the Knight. (Sounds like a game of Clue, minus the weaponry). Just curious if you have noted any locational jam-up on coin-drop, or if it's more of an overall thing.

judy1689
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
487 Posts

[Post New]by judy1689 on Jan 27, 14 11:57 AM
bfgWendwater wrote:Hey Everyone,

For those of you having problems accessing the game, there's a chance the problem may be coming from the Big Fish Games app and not the game itself. It seems there has been some success getting the game to work by reinstalling it from the game page on our website instead of the app.

If you would like to give this a try, please click on the blue link below and click the 'Play Free' button. This will reinstall the game with the latest updates:

<a href="http://www.bigfishgames.com/download-games/25388/midnight-castle/index.html">Midnight Castle</a>

Please let us know here in the forums if this was able to help get the game working. Thank you!

bfgWendwater

This didn't work for me. Anyone know when this problem will be fixed?

Edited on 01/27/2014 at 11:58:37 AM PST

geniemc
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

[Post New]by geniemc on Jan 27, 14 12:57 PM
Judy: I finally heard from tech support and this is exactly what I was told to do; however, it DOES NOT WORK. I responded as such and am waiting for another reply.

judy1689
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
487 Posts

[Post New]by judy1689 on Jan 27, 14 7:01 PM
Just tried sending a report to tech with my Dr. Felix report attached.

After explaining this issue, as well as the continued issue I have with the sound cutting out after about 1 minute in this and other games . . . (haven't had sound since November 1st, after the Found Halloween promotion.) ...the contact page timed out and was instructed to go back and all the info I had written was erased.

Very frustrating. I miss live chat and more direct help with problems.

Go to: