Reviews for Midnight Castle

Armerige
Guppy
Guppy
123 Posts

Re:Reviews for Midnight Castle

[Post New]by Armerige on Jun 17, 14 2:33 AM
(This completes the above post) I was unable to write everything in one post. Please forgive me if I have used the forum post incorrectly as this is only my 4th post in nearly a decade of being a Big Fish patron.

While I think the “cool down” times for locations are long at times, my eyes thank me in the long run for not sitting mindlessly at the computer for hours on end trying to obtain whatever little do-dad my quest is demanding.

I see much room for improvement in the social section. We desperately need to see our on-hand items count in the same screen as the friend’s wish list. I understand it shows if you have the item but often I have multiples and find myself going back and forth just to see what I can easily part with. There needs to be a section in the social tab to post items you wish to release; perhaps give or offer for trade; items, coins and/or diamonds. And most importantly, I should be able to gift at random as often as I please. Limiting gifts to five daily serves absolutely no purpose. It would be nice if the gift cards collected could be used like a “get out of jail free” card for locations that you truly don’t enjoy or perhaps we could trade them in multiples for hard to collect items, like for that lovely Binding Egg! Example, 5 gift cards could buy XYZ item.

I’m ok with the increasing cost of opening new venues within a location however, when visiting that location until all venues are opened the coin drops should be reflective and realistic of what is being requested. Perhaps just a $50 or $100 increase would be most helpful. I’m not suggesting MC “give” the venue without player effort but when you need $30,000 to open new venues in a new location on top of the costly crafting needed as levels increase, I can easily see how the frustrations rise. Especially for players who have limited access to play multiple times daily. It should be challenging and fun and earn a “woohoo” when we finally get the venue open, not ridiculous and frustrating only to earn an “about time.”

The extra drops in the crafting area should always give something – the X is an insult. Period.

The spin wheel should yield a better assortment of items and at least one egg at all times.

Overall, I recommend this game. I am confident they read our suggestions and take our input seriously, and it is their goal to present us with enjoyable games.

playerpop
Herring
Herring
306 Posts

[Post New]by playerpop on Jun 17, 14 3:59 PM
When the game testing is complete I know I will buy it.
I am curious if it is better to play all hiddens or wait for quests to play.

FishyFemale
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,174 Posts

[Post New]by FishyFemale on Jun 19, 14 4:28 PM
playerpop wrote:When the game testing is complete I know I will buy it.

You can't buy this game as it's not a standalone, it's "free to play".

mammaw_1
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by mammaw_1 on Jun 23, 14 6:35 AM
Sad to say I really do not like this game. The graphics are great. The characters are pretty cool. And the story line is fairly interesting. But I can easily complete every one of the HOS scenes in less than two minutes.

I play for fun, and I do not find any enjoyment at all in waiting a half hour or more just to play a game for ten or fifteen minutes. Quests are equally frustrating since they all usually require playing the same HOS in order to obtain the items you need to complete them, which drastically increases the wait time.

I don't mind paying for games, but this game is designed in such a way that you are forced to choose between waiting hours to play the game or purchasing crystals to complete the quests. Silly idea really, since using crystals to purchase the items you need completely eliminates the need to play the HOS at all which decrease the actually playing time even more.

I would definitely not recommend this game to a friend... enemies, yes. lol

jforever
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

[Post New]by jforever on Jul 1, 14 2:52 PM
I like the game, has great graphics and hos. However, I'm getting tired of not getting eggs on wheel, not winning at the dice with dragon, and not receiving any gold chests. Some posts I read in the forum, seems everybody is getting something other than wands and globes. Sorry if it sounds like I'm whining, but am really tired of going around in circles trying to win SOMETHING! Just saying...

papa_pahs
Minnow
Minnow
289 Posts

[Post New]by papa_pahs on Jul 1, 14 3:50 PM
This is a good game. I play to unwind, to let go of the day, and a little mindless enjoyment can be a good thing. I even started playing more often .... nipping in to the castle to complete a quest or two during the day.

As I progress in levels though, I find my interest diminishing. The characters give tasks to do which frequently have you visiting the same HOS multiple times. Even with new scenes opening up, I rarely find myself able to play them if I want to complete my tasks and quests. The cost of mixing potions and completing quests continue to rise as my earnings diminish. Of course, I always have the option of purchasing more coin or diamonds ..... or, could that be the reason for the game play structure? Is this a FTP game which really isn't that free as you progress?

[Post New]by dragonjules on Jul 4, 14 8:01 AM
i really love this game but when is the new content going to be added? im sure im not the only wanting to know. I was thinking maybe the fourth but still nothing and im getting bored with no reg. quests to do. Please let us castle owners know

thanks, dragonjules

playerpop
Herring
Herring
306 Posts

[Post New]by playerpop on Jul 5, 14 2:40 PM
Instead of quoting can we not just respond?

playerpop
Herring
Herring
306 Posts

[Post New]by playerpop on Jul 6, 14 8:18 AM
FishyFemale wrote:
playerpop wrote:When the game testing is complete I know I will buy it.

You can't buy this game as it's not a standalone, it's "free to play".

Even when it is no longer beta?

Vant
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by Vant on Jul 6, 14 11:21 AM
I really loved,loved, loved this game until I started needed unique stamps to complete things I need to make.
I don't know anyone on Facebook who's playing this game (I'm older than the average player and I'm really not on Facebook except to play this game).
I don't know if anyone has unique stamps to spare--my id is i395264--I'm going to have to quit the game if I can't get any further.

[Post New]by uncle_steve on Jul 7, 14 9:09 AM
I like the game, but I wish they would stop changing it and keep it up to date. This is the 3rd or 4th time I've gotten stuck waiting for an update.

[Post New]by Arizona63Tucson on Jul 8, 14 7:33 PM
Vant wrote:I really loved,loved, loved this game until I started needed unique stamps to complete things I need to make.
I don't know anyone on Facebook who's playing this game (I'm older than the average player and I'm really not on Facebook except to play this game).
I don't know if anyone has unique stamps to spare--my id is i395264--I'm going to have to quit the game if I can't get any further.

H1 !! ,Just wanted to let you know that you do not have to play this game only on FACEBOOK .You can play it here on BFG or ELEPHANT .Still FREE

[Post New]by chickasawlady64 on Jul 11, 14 3:49 PM
I love this game, i was just wandering when will the new update will be.

[Post New]by Jjd111111 on Jul 13, 14 6:26 PM
Great game, and great idea trying to mix MMO-type questing and HOS. Only
Negative I have is the wait times. As you progress through each scene, you should be rewarded not punished when you hit max score on a HOS scene. That or have some major event change from using cooldowns on the scenes to switching to some type of energy.

I honestly would pay 20-30$ in a flat fee to play the game without gating the content in cooldowns. You could also cut the max cooldown to 30 mins max. Waiting an hour to randomly hope you get the right item from a 40 second HOS scene is a bit much.

Here's another idea for rewarding maxing the score in a scene. Once you hit max score on a HOS scene, you start to fill up a meter. Once the meter is full you earn a diamond. Or make a mini-game that makes all of the flower spawns appear in every area for 10 seconds-1 minute depending on the number of max HOS scenes you have completed.

hiramsmom
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by hiramsmom on Jul 14, 14 10:53 AM
Just downloaded this game. I don't know anything about it and don't like it. There is no information or instructions. I didn't get to choose any options, things just started flying around. I'm going to un-install asap.

alaskan22
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by alaskan22 on Jul 22, 14 3:41 PM
I have been loving this game but I'm afraid I'm about done. I need four of those impossible to get brown tickets to make an object and I have none. I thought maybe I could keep playing Mechagonol's (however you spell his name) quests but now when I play a scene to get the object I need it gives me every other object it can. Then I have to wait an hour before I can play it again. When you need to get it three times in less than a day it is totally impossible. I don't play to get frustrated.

[Post New]by 510Blue on Jul 24, 14 6:10 AM
I really like this game too. BUT. I have reached a point where it has become almost impossible to proceed without having to buy diamonds for unique stamps in crafting items. The drop rate for them is basically .1%. Can't get them from friends because they don't have them either. I've purchased some but I'm not going to continuously do so. If this will be the case this game only gets one star.

playerpop
Herring
Herring
306 Posts

[Post New]by playerpop on Jul 25, 14 6:36 PM
I very much enjoy the update and kind of looking forward to a not long wait for the next update. I need to build money and items for the next update. Thank you for the fun.

jforever
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

[Post New]by jforever on Jul 30, 14 11:59 AM
I never seen a game that was so hard to receive items, such as eggs and gold chests!!

[Post New]by dreamcobra on Aug 1, 14 8:03 AM
I love the art work, and the puzzles are nicely done. I could even put up with the never-ending "but first" quests - IF you could actually accomplish them! To open the castle tower, you must find a specific item - no option given to buy it, you MUST find it. So the game sends you to the overturned coach, where you do the puzzle and get .. anything and everything EXCEPT the item you need. Once or twice, yeah, ok. I'm now over 30 attempts at this (yes, I'm stubborn).

I still don't know how I got the one friend I have - but I suspect it's a "fake" friend. I've sent a few gifts requested, got nothing back at all. Game generated, or real person, either way, it's not much of a friend.

A couple more attempts at the item I need to move on, and this game will join the recycle bin.

Go to: