Re:Post Your Technical Problems For The Great Gatsby: Secret Treasure Here Only!!

[Post New]by npwolf on Jan 9, 14 10:01 PM
I purchased this game. Had no trouble with the trial. However, once I purchased,
and opened again to continue playing, I got all kinds of problems.
Things wouldn't work like they should. I have uninstalled, re-installed several times,
restarted computer several times also.
All I get is a big blue screen. If you can't come up with a solution, or upgrade to fix the problems, I will have to request a refund. Would rather have the problem fixed.
Thanks,

maizijane
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

Re:Post Your Technical Problems For The Great Gatsby: Secret Treasure Here Only!!

[Post New]by maizijane on Jan 10, 14 3:31 PM
I uninstalled and re-installed but as soon as I got in to the game my mouse would not work. I love the Gatsby story and would love to play this game. Any chance of an update? Does it matter what OS we have. I still have old Vista. Bless to all!

[Post New]by dermott7 on Jan 12, 14 3:53 PM
Started having problems quite a ways into the game. Started with no key visible to travel back to the apartment. Exited out and closed the game. Reopened and had no mouse. Exited and reopened the game again. Played for a few minutes, clicked on the key, reached map to travel to the art museum, but then it froze...again. Guess I'll exit...again. But this time I'll restart my laptop and see if that makes a difference.

june2756
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by june2756 on Jan 14, 14 4:13 PM
I have reloaded this game three times and I still cannot leave the garage and get back to the mansion. I can get to the apartment. However, when I click on the keys to get back to the apartment I have not mouse. Please help! I want a refund.

Re:Post Your Technical Problems For TheGreatGatsby: Secret Treasure Here Only!!

[Post New]by cgoodw81 on Jan 21, 14 10:09 PM
harmnone wrote:I, too, am stuck at the gallery. My "car key" didn't appear. I exited and re-entered the game and the "car key" was there. Clicked the "car key" and the map showed up but clicking on the Gatsby mansion got me nowhere. Another restart hasn't solved the problem.

I too am stuck in the gallery. No way to exit from the gallery. Tried game re-start and game uninstall and re-install. Still not working. Too bad, this looked like a great game.

[Post New]by lweier on Jan 28, 14 6:35 PM
If you restart the game under a different name you will be able to get the hint button to work. I was able to get it to give some help and wow... I was able to get to the terrace and found the 3 chess pieces....

[Post New]by BooBearLC on Jan 31, 14 1:13 PM
I too have a black screen and just sound. Tried it twice now. HELP!

skullfun
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

Re:Post Your Technical Problems For TheGreatGatsby: Secret Treasure Here Only!!

[Post New]by skullfun on Feb 13, 14 7:46 PM
clandes wrote:Empty white blocks instead of letters on start screen, super laggy cursor. Not possible to start game due no possibility to see any buttons/directions.

I am having the issue with white blocks. I am running windows 8.
look forward to instructions.

[Post New]by Abigale77 on Feb 17, 14 11:46 AM
my screen flickers so badly I cannot play this game.

[Post New]by pinki64 on Aug 7, 14 12:22 PM
I have to uninstall & reinstall 3 times & it still has glitches

[Post New]by safunc on Sep 10, 14 3:23 PM
I have read these message boards and seen that many people are stuck between the apartment and the gallery with no code for the lasers in the gallery. I have written to the Big Fish folks and asked them to contact the manufacturer of this game and ask for a fix or provide me with a game credit. If anyone has a real solution for this issue let me know. I even started the game again and you are not able to pick up the compact even in the early part of the game.

Thaletta
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by Thaletta on Sep 17, 14 5:31 AM
Tried to start game, I hear music but have a black screen. Windows 7 professional on my PC

Go to: