Re:Post Your Technical Problems For Haunted Train: Spirits of Charon CE Here Only

[Post New]by jp102553 on Jan 20, 14 10:52 AM
another ce game that i guess i will have to wait another 2 weeks before i can continue
to finish the game..............whats up bf??????????????

lezl10
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

Re:Post Your Technical Problems For Haunted Train: Spirits of Charon CE Here Only

[Post New]by lezl10 on Jan 20, 14 1:53 PM
Wow this game seems to have way too many issues. I did get booted out 2 times but I checked out the issues everyone else is having and so far no one has mentioned the problem I am experiencing. I am at the part where I need to get the oil out of the chest so that I can wet the frozen logs with a flammable substance. I know exactly what I need to do but I cannot get back into the trunk. The cursor no longer registers anything to see when it goes over the trunk...it stays an arrow. I am 95% finished help!

Giliraz
Herring
Herring
339 Posts

[Post New]by Giliraz on Jan 22, 14 5:55 PM
Penny1942 wrote:This game has some issues. I've been booted out with access violations no less than 4 times. I can go back into the game and start pretty much where I left off but it's aggravating to buy a toy that doesn't work properly even if you did get it on sale. I like this game but being thrown out repeatedly makes it lose its replay value. BF and Developer I think this one need some patches.

I totaly agree...same thing happend to me

[Post New]by queenofgames52 on Jan 23, 14 9:17 PM
This game was great until the end I couldn't get the gun powder to work with the fuse. I left it and went to the last part and finished game, but now I can't finish the bonus game. No strategy guide is showing. I can't access any of the things I have picked up. The hint button doesn't work. I am stuck. Any fixes coming soon? I would hate to have to start game all over again. Not recommending this game.

[Post New]by lindsmatt on Jan 24, 14 6:13 AM
I've been booted out of this game numerous times, have uninstalled and re -installed once, and am now stuck at the end with the bats in the cave. It freezes and I can not hear what the character is saying. I'm using a PC with Windows 8.

Kayen59
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by Kayen59 on Jan 24, 14 12:14 PM
I do not get some of these games. I try to play them on my PC which runs windows 8.1 I run into problems. I play the same game on my laptop which is running the same Windows 8.1 and I have had no problems at all, I was able to get the last pages for the book and I am almost done. What the heck is going on, and why does it run on my laptop and not my PC????? I am stumped

[Post New]by ckeller98 on Jan 25, 14 10:32 AM
didn't get the pages in prague and now on train and can't get the pages. Is there a fix for this?

macbook 10.9.1

Post Your Technical Problems For Haunted Train: Spirits of Charon CE Here Only

[Post New]by jimdooris on Jan 25, 14 11:22 AM
Get Application error when running the game

skaadland
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by skaadland on Jan 25, 14 5:10 PM
I cannot find the broom to pull down ladder on train. Totally stuck.

RGC123
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by RGC123 on Jan 26, 14 7:21 AM
UPDATE: I downloaded the OGG player from VLC........and it didn't correct the problem. The bottle in the train car still comes up a black screen when clicked on. Apparently seamless is not happening. Was told that it was possible that certain parts of the game were done by different developers and thus the wonky transition between parts of the game where one part written doesn't recognize the next part so you loose previous game play. I can only conclude that BFG is not compatible with the big gaming machines (such as Alienware and FalconNW) whether they are desktop or laptop. Won't be buying until a seamless game play in the demo is achieved.

jdlane32
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by jdlane32 on Jan 26, 14 5:25 PM
No update yet? Unlike the other games with glitches, I see no sign that Big Fish has escalated or even reported these problems to the developer. As so many people are having the same problems, i.e pages in Prague, or broom missing on train, the problem is obviously a bug in the game and not outdated drivers. Has this been reported to the developers? I was waiting to ask for a refund if an update is coming, but I'd at least like to know if anything is being done with this. The several other games with problems have comments from the moderators regarding updates being worked on. I'd like some reassurance that this is happening with this game as well.

Thank you

[Post New]by lindsmatt on Jan 27, 14 8:38 AM
I'm stuck in the wall with the bats. It just freezes up on the figure of a man surrounded by bats. Come on BF!! Fix this or refund our $$$$$.

[Post New]by Renate70 on Jan 30, 14 7:12 AM
I got to page 40 of the strategy guide and should use the monocle on the window on the viewing platform, to get the code - this does not work however and I am unable to proceed.

[Post New]by nightwing1962 on Jan 31, 14 8:17 PM
i am in paris and i cant get the ink bottle any one else having the same problem i know its under the dress on the chair but i cant get it i need help

[Post New]by redscott on Jan 31, 14 11:31 PM
I've gotten to concocting the poison golden cocktail for Ms. Black in Prague, and now the cursor will not pick up the drink so I can proceed with the game. Anyone else have(ing) this problem. There's no option to recreate the drink or start that over and i can't go any further without it. BAH! Seems like another interesting game that wasn't perfected for distribution.
I need to pick up that dang cocktail glass, people ;p Help anyone?

iamchani
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by iamchani on Feb 5, 14 4:23 PM
this is my second game so far to completely zone out on me. I even tried to get help for another game no avail. Just mad as hell about this. I have been with bigfish for many years and this is so frustrating to me. Why bf are you allowing us to suffer like this? But why can't you have answers to our questions. Where are the solutions? Why do you make us wait without any response.

[Post New]by Grady16 on Feb 6, 14 12:48 PM
I can not get the burning fuse to light the lock box near the end of the game.

raspust
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by raspust on Feb 6, 14 2:32 PM
I've been booted out of this game two times, managed to complete 95% of the game BUT now I am stuck at the end with the bats in the cave. It freezes and I cannot precede with the game!

Edited on 02/06/2014 at 2:33:28 PM PST

maryerbe
Guppy
Guppy
149 Posts

[Post New]by maryerbe on Feb 9, 14 7:41 AM
Hello,i cant finish the game wont let me get thelast pages to get the W. Is there a fix for this?

Frozen in Bonus game

[Post New]by Billymama1 on Feb 9, 14 1:39 PM
I put up with all the times I got the access violation because when I restarted everything worked fine and I was able to continue where I left off but the Bonus Game is a different story. My screen froze when the fire started in the parlor and there is nothing I can do to get it to work past this point. I even reset the Bonus game and played it all over for nothing.
This is the second game in a row this week that I have been unable to finish because of frozen screens (and I have a computer that's less than a year old)
I don't care so much about the other one because it was an older game that I used a free coupon on but this Haunted Train was CE and I paid for it. And even worse is that it was an awesome game that I so wanted to see how it finished.

Go to: