Suggestions for the developers

rosiebvt
Manatee
Manatee
4,210 Posts

Re:Suggestions for the developers

[Post New]by rosiebvt on Feb 23, 14 11:42 AM
Another thing I've noticed when you're searching the list by name is that you have to spell out the whole name. EG I was looking for Katoomba Kitten and it didn't find her under just Katoomba. It would be useful to spell out the beginning of the name and have it bring up a list of matches like most search engines do.
RosieBVT

charlieisr
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,323 Posts

[Post New]by charlieisr on Feb 23, 14 4:23 PM
DO SOMETHING ABOUT THE GAME BEFORE MORE GET BORED AND LEAVE. I AM GETTING SO BORED. JUST GETTING RESOURCES AND FLOWERS. SO I DON'T GET FROZEN OUT AT LEVEL 18. I THINK I WILL GO BACK TO SOME OF MY OLD GAMES. AT LEAST WHEN I GET TO THE END THE GAME IS OVER. AND I CAN START AGAIN OR GO TO ANOTHER GAME. BUT AT LEAST I CAN ACTUALLY PLAY THEM.

I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHO'S IN AND WHO'S OUT OF THIS GAME. IF THEY ARE OUT FIND SOME WAY SO THOSE PLAYING KNOW. THE ONLY THING WE HAVE TO GO BY IS THE LEVEL 18 # BUT SOME ARE PROBABLY STILL IN.

NOT THAT ANYTHING WE THE PLAYERS OF THIS GAME MEAN ANYTHING TO YOU. BEEN THERE DONE THAT. YOU LIVE IN YOUR OWN WORLD NOT OURS.
I HAD A PROGRAMER FOR A FORSTER SON, SO I KNOW.

Suggestions for the developers

[Post New]by fire_n_ice1 on Feb 23, 14 7:01 PM
PTBT wrote:The 1 hour wait for the HO scenes is unreasonable. I can do all of them in less than 10 minutes and then I have nothing to do for the remaining 50 minutes, so I leave the game. I will not spend 50 minutes hunting for the flowers, sorry.

Please reconsider the 1 hour wait time.

Thanks.

Do what I do... each portion on the game has 2 HOB's in them I do one and then wait a half hour and do the other one that way I dont have to wait an hour to play.

kdreetz
Herring
Herring
333 Posts

[Post New]by kdreetz on Feb 24, 14 12:04 PM
Enable more than one player in case, say, my kid wants her own side of the game

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Feb 24, 14 12:25 PM
kdreetz wrote:Enable more than one player in case, say, my kid wants her own side of the game
You can have another player if you set up another user on your computer. It is more trouble than just having more than one player within the game itself, but it is an option that works.

KittChaos
Guppy
Guppy
155 Posts

[Post New]by KittChaos on Feb 24, 14 12:48 PM
Journal function

I really do wish that this game had a diary or journal function, where all the RPG elements are gathered in one place, as so many other HOS RPG games do. It is hard to keep track of the RPG aspect of the game, like even the very first scene, without it. I can't recall if during the conversation with one or more of the NPCs during a quest line if it is stated that Valeria is indeed Warren Took's wife, or if they were partners, and perhaps lovers. I've forgotten who Henry is, and why he was traveling with the player character's uncle to Midnight Castle. Did Henry meet your uncle here? Did he lead your uncle here? Did your uncle gain Midnight Castle just prior to his disappearance? Some, if not all, of these answers were probably answered in the intro to the game and during the quests, but I've forgotten it. A journal on the side where such information can be gathered would be awesomely helpful.

Cutscenes

I love 'em. A cutscene of the change that overcame Anabel, and for any other such changes threatened by the game would be awesome! How cool would it be to have a short cutscene whenever opening a new area in the castle? I'm thinking particularly with the Throne hall and the Forbidden tower. The static images are awesome, but to have the image pan past the NPC, then up the back wall of the Throne hall while the music swells imposingly would be one of those game 'moments' that make a player shiver in delight!

Revert ability

It's ironic to me that the Midnight Castle splash image as the game loads shows innocent Anabel, who I much prefer to her later incarnation. I am dismayed that another such change is inevitable for my favorite character if I should progress much more than I have in the game. The ability to take on an optional quest (or even one for each character) to gain the ability to craft an item to permit these characters to revert back to their original form or to be able to change from one form to the other (at least on the map and in the dialog bubbles even if no such 'reversion' actually takes place as far as the NPC is concerned) would increase my enjoyment and alleviate my dismay that has caused me to pause indefinitely at level 14 (and is sort of the reason why I'm writing a Midnight Castle fan fiction in the first place).

[Post New]by Ken_TheDoctor on Feb 24, 14 2:02 PM
Other than "Fix the game before I get to level 18"?

Well one thing sprang to mind yesterday and it is a bit radical.

The very first Hidden Object Scene, The Crypt contains the skeleton/body of a female vampire. Why not have a quest to revive her which would simultaneously convert the HOS into a new castle location complete with its own Character - The Female Vampire: The Crypt could be revealed to contain various passageways: HOS's and chests...

OH, boy, this game could really become infinite...

[Post New]by Ken_TheDoctor on Feb 25, 14 3:26 PM
Another suggestion, if any of the devs actually read this...

Please increase the number of available Avatars.

[Post New]by whitebutterfly54 on Feb 26, 14 12:51 PM
I don't so much mind waiting the hour to play, but I would like the developers to think about putting more frequently used items in more than one scene throughout the game. It is boring constantly collecting the same item that you don't need from a scene but having to wait endlessly to collect multiples of the same item you do need. This would be especially helpful when more than one character is asking for the same item or when multiple items are needed to get the required item.

Bedazzles
Clownfish
Clownfish
567 Posts

[Post New]by Bedazzles on Feb 26, 14 1:49 PM
I agree...there should be alot more avatars...we all look the same!!!!

Also allow us to name our pets within the game...wishful thinking...but show our pet names when we put pet food on the wish list...

This has been mentioned alot before..but it should be standard within any social game that you need a unique name or at least show the friend code when you open the gift!!! Not to mention allow more than 5 gifts per day...I can completely understand only allowing 1 gift per day per recipient...but allow more than 5 per day!!!

Allow the spinning roulette wheel to reactivate every 12 hours like the gaming table..I am not sure about everyone else but on most normal situations I will use all the spins I want to within the first few minutes...this might open up the chance to actually get the ever elusive eggs.

Have more in game things to do while waiting for a HOS to recharge...even if you made them cost something..coins or resources...I understand that you want people to spend "real money" and we might be more apt to do this if it was play this game for lets say 1 gem...or 500 coins...if we would get something useful or FUN. But lets face it the gaming table is rigged..you can roll an 11 and the house will get a 12..and if you are ever lucky enough to roll a 12 yourself..the house will too!!!

Ok thats my 2 cents for now
Bedazzle

rosiebvt
Manatee
Manatee
4,210 Posts

[Post New]by rosiebvt on Feb 27, 14 4:37 PM
RE: gifting slots - how about making an optional "quest" to open more gift slots, the way you can pay for more requested gift slots? Maybe give 50 gifts and you get another slot, or pay x number of coins, or craft a "Token of Generosity" or some such thing? That way people who want to gift more can for a price and those who don't can ignore it.

Another thought on the avatars. There are none of color. I don't want to start any blog wars, but that must be an issue for some people. It should be easy to do, just add a couple more pictures to the list. Never having played social games before, I don't know what the norm is for this kind of thing.

rosiebvt
Manatee
Manatee
4,210 Posts

[Post New]by rosiebvt on Mar 8, 14 8:21 PM
Another thing that's gotten a little annoying at times - In some of the locations the morphing flowers appear almost on top of the "back" button. I keep hitting the button by being slightly off the flower. I know, I know, I should be more careful, but they're so small and you have to move so fast to get them I can't help myself! The tower with the dragon is the worst, but other areas are also a problem. That and not being able to see them in most of the dungeon because it's so dark.

[Post New]by whitebutterfly54 on Mar 9, 14 11:53 AM
To AnnaDownes01
The inventory does tell how many bags of food we have. Click on inventory, then you'll see tabs at top..."Items" is highlighted, next to it is "Mark", then "Pets". Click on Pets and you'll see all the bags of food. Right on the bag of food will be a number in white, that's how many bags of that particular food you have.
Hope this helps.

[Post New]by Pagan_Twylight on Mar 9, 14 12:05 PM
Lower the price on the Wheel. It gets to be ridiculous. I would play that A LOT more if it was either a static price or only went up by smaller increments and then topped out at a reasonable price...or even reset back and started to climb again. It just gets too expensive.

geniemc
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

[Post New]by geniemc on Mar 13, 14 8:59 AM
I am bringing this back toward the front. I have been playing this game since early January, and have thoroughly enjoyed it--until now. To the developers and Big Fish, you have just ruined a very good game. No one wants to go to the same HOS scene 5-6 times to try to get the item they need. This takes the enjoyment out of the game. Unless you do something to change this, you ARE GOING TO LOSE a lot of customers. Since you supposedly read this forum, I hope you will take this under consideration.

rosiebvt
Manatee
Manatee
4,210 Posts

[Post New]by rosiebvt on Mar 13, 14 12:23 PM
Ken_TheDoctor wrote:Another suggestion, if any of the devs actually read this...

Please increase the number of available Avatars.

Well, Doc, they increased the number of avatars, but not to any that either of us are likely to use LOL. You should have asked for more MALE avatars. The new female ones look to me more like the big online games that are aimed at teenage boys who want to look at bimbos with big b**bs. No offense intended for anyone who likes them, but as an older female who never has and never will look like one of them I find them cringe-worthy.
To all forum readers - Personal opinion only, please don't beat up on me...

lady_sabelle
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,168 Posts

[Post New]by lady_sabelle on Mar 13, 14 12:48 PM
Rosiebvt, you forgot to add that older males like looking at the "bimbos" too... they're usually just less obvious about it. When even my Husband commented on the overly sexed up avatars though, it's got to be pretty bad. But it's a good bet that there are more female players of this game than male so maybe they should have given more thought to their audience.

Bedazzles
Clownfish
Clownfish
567 Posts

[Post New]by Bedazzles on Mar 13, 14 12:54 PM
And with that being said Lady...us female players would like to look at more interesting and nice looking men!!! They should have for sure added more male avatars...I know there are guys that play this as well...

rosiebvt
Manatee
Manatee
4,210 Posts

[Post New]by rosiebvt on Mar 13, 14 1:15 PM
It's great to know the Old Broads Club is alive and well at Midnight Castle. Thank you for your support!

[Post New]by Duncan_14all on Mar 13, 14 1:22 PM
It would be nice if we could upload our own Avatar, e.g. a photo of yourself (or your ugly neighbour). They say Tom Cruise must be my older brother ...

Go to: