sassylassie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,107 Posts

Re:Family Flux Secrets: The Time Ripple

[Post New]by sassylassie on Apr 10, 09 6:48 AM
Thank you so much !! I was waiting so long for this one. This is one rocking HO. And the truck stop we are sitting at sells Expresso. So I am seriously good to go. God bless

Sassy

Edited on 04/10/2009 at 7:14:12 AM PST

jobynana
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,017 Posts

[Post New]by jobynana on Apr 10, 09 6:52 AM
Thanks for the update Poodle, now itching to get back into it!

Think the graphics are pretty too!

Therlin
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by Therlin on Apr 10, 09 6:57 AM
Thank you!

NANA5LOVE
Clownfish
Clownfish
529 Posts

[Post New]by NANA5LOVE on Apr 10, 09 7:05 AM
Oh my gosh this is an awsome game I played it for about 5 min and I Knew I had to buy it.
The mini games are even fun.

IT'S A WINNER IN MY BOOK

Edited on 04/10/2009 at 7:06:09 AM PST

[Post New]by satexasgirl on Apr 10, 09 7:08 AM
am having trouble in the second room. have the stethescope completed and the puzzle piece from previous scene. missing one part each of phone, crest, & sconce. can some please help. thanks

sassylassie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,107 Posts

[Post New]by sassylassie on Apr 10, 09 7:26 AM
satexasgirl wrote:am having trouble in the second room. have the stethescope completed and the puzzle piece from previous scene. missing one part each of phone, crest, & sconce. can some please help. thanks

You have to put the phone back together. Put the phone on that little table where it shows you to and it will ring throwing a key out. That key opens the little draw where you put the phone. It will give you the "V" piece you need. After you make your last assembly, put it where it's suppose to go and then take that tile in with what looks like a letter "H" and place it in the top square on the wall to your right. Do the slider puzzle, and once you complete it, It will make that globe like thing rise up and then place the stethoscope on that round thing in the middle once it rises up.

Sassy

[Post New]by satexasgirl on Apr 10, 09 7:37 AM
thanks, sassy, where do I find the phone cord. that's what I'm missing from it.

sassy337
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

[Post New]by sassy337 on Apr 10, 09 7:48 AM
i'm convinced. Haven't been excited about a game since RTR! Looking forward to this one!

Koalanut
Marlin
Marlin
8,777 Posts

[Post New]by Koalanut on Apr 10, 09 7:58 AM
Thanks everyone, I am off to download....

soymocha
Shark
Shark
11,574 Posts

[Post New]by soymocha on Apr 10, 09 7:58 AM
Satexasgirl HIghlight below to see where the phone cord is

Once you put together the wall scones and put it up on the wall, it will show you the phone cord....good luck

bfgCelebes
Flounder
Flounder
2,038 Posts

[Post New]by bfgCelebes on Apr 10, 09 8:00 AM
Hey satexasgirl,

I went ahead and PM'ed the answer to you...

Cheers!

~~~bfgCelebes~ ~~~

[Post New]by okletmewin12 on Apr 10, 09 8:10 AM
satexasgirl wrote:thanks, sassy, where do I find the phone cord. that's what I'm missing from it.

hi satexasgirl ~ have you found the piece to complete the wall sconce so you can find the phone cord yet?

if not, ... there's liquid in the teapot, look for a place to use it to reveal the missing wall sconce piece

[Post New]by okletmewin12 on Apr 10, 09 8:20 AM
about all i can say is WOWOWOWOWOW

played about half hour have a game credit waiting for this one, even after only half hour i know this is what we've been missing for so long

when something like this comes along that i know i will really enjoy i play slow intentionally to drag it out as long as i can, read all the dialog etc, and after half hour i've only just gotten to use the time machine and land in shakespeare's time so i know it will be money and time well spent

graphics are fantastic, music is nice and calm

2 observations ~

1) mildly, but really only very mildly, irritating that i couldn't access menu to get to the options until after i got to the house and talked ... i play sound in games but like to have the music turned down really low, so it's only just a background noise, and prefer to be able to do that instantly before game play starts ~ if the option was there somewhere i couldn't find it, until like i said after in the house and into gameplay

2) really reminds me of the mortimer beckett games which i also thot were/are fantastic .... do you suppose it's just a coincidence our heroine's last name is Beckett?????

will be grabbing this for an easter present to me later today

Gentlsong
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,865 Posts

[Post New]by Gentlsong on Apr 10, 09 8:28 AM
My first response to this game is WOW!! It seems to have or not have (timer) EVERYTHING so many of us have been asking for in HO games recently. Apparently developers ARE listening to us here.

The graphics are great. The objects really ARE cleverly hidden. I personally LOVE finding pieces of things to put together and use for clues. It took me 30 minutes just to get to the time machine or whatever they call it. There seems to be varying degrees of help available without resorting to a help system that is so complicated you can't remember what does what. It's just incorporated into the game itself really well, it seems to me. I haven't found a timer yet, and it doesn't look like I will. The puzzles so far are easy but different and fit into the game well. It seems that if you leave the "show hints" option on (which I quickly turned off after the first scene), you would get your own walkthrough right in the game. Don't know if these last the whole way through the game or not though. I'm VERY glad they had the option to turn them off. I like to see how much I can do without any help, but for those who need it, they are there. The instructions for the puzzles so far are GREAT!

I sure hope this game shows up on Felix's list tomorrow! (Hint, hint, BF!)

Howatch
Manatee
Manatee
3,952 Posts

[Post New]by Howatch on Apr 10, 09 8:58 AM
As if it couldn't get any better, this game is now listed as one of Felix's Favorites. Wooooooohooo!!!

penrose47
Stingray
Stingray
4,597 Posts

[Post New]by penrose47 on Apr 10, 09 8:59 AM
OK I READ ALL POSTS.....>>>>> Going to try the demo.

I have pros & cons about this type of game. WILL try and see

THANKS EVERYONE for info.

SOOOOOO HAPPY that the developers are hearing "US FISHIES".

Happy EASTER

PEN

Cyndo123
Shark
Shark
14,957 Posts

[Post New]by Cyndo123 on Apr 10, 09 9:42 AM
Poodlebear wrote:One subtle thing I reeeally liked in this was when I first saw we would be returning to the same characters I assumed we'd be working in the same rooms and was a bit bummed, but then I saw it *was* the same rooms BUT from different angles and perspectives and with the things now in place that we had returned! How cool is that?!

Poodle thanks for your review! Awesome as usual! Question though.... What is the name of the first game?

Thanks

WTG on your morph!

Edited: Forget the question PB. I got further in the game and understand what you mean lol

Edited on 04/10/2009 at 1:16:28 PM PST

Gentlsong
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,865 Posts

[Post New]by Gentlsong on Apr 10, 09 9:58 AM
Howatch wrote:As if it couldn't get any better, this game is now listed as one of Felix's Favorites. Wooooooohooo!!!

Wow, it is! THAT was FAST!

ComputerCharm
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
17,537 Posts

[Post New]by ComputerCharm on Apr 10, 09 10:09 AM
Howatch where did you see the game as 1 of felix's favorites. Does that mean if we purchase this it will count towards Aprils prizes Thx for any info.

Charm

Howatch
Manatee
Manatee
3,952 Posts

[Post New]by Howatch on Apr 10, 09 10:22 AM
ComputerCharm wrote:Howatch where did you see the game as 1 of felix's favorites. Does that mean if we purchase this it will count towards Aprils prizes Thx for any info.

Charm

Go to where you download the game, and right under the video it says, "New Treasure Chest: Felix's Favorites Game."

This was just added on this morning; it wasn't there last night. And yes, this means that it will definitely count on the promotion!

Go to: