darti
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

Re:Post Any Technical Problems For Mystery Tales: The Lost Hope Collector's Edition Here Only!

[Post New]by darti on Feb 10, 14 12:15 PM
I'm in the park, but unable to give Sarah the recipe. There are other areas in the park that are active, so I know the game isn't frozen. Do I need to do something else prior to giving her the recipe? or is this another glitch in the game?

Sadly, I'm not able to progress any further in the game until I get past this point. I don't see that anyone else has had a similar issue, so quite possibly I'm missing something. Does anyone have any tips or tricks to get me past this point?

Thanks

Bartsister
Clownfish
Clownfish
710 Posts

Re:Post Any Technical Problems For Mystery Tales: The Lost Hope Collector's Edition Here Only!

[Post New]by Bartsister on Feb 10, 14 6:32 PM
darti wrote:I'm in the park, but unable to give Sarah the recipe. There are other areas in the park that are active, so I know the game isn't frozen. Do I need to do something else prior to giving her the recipe? or is this another glitch in the game?

Sadly, I'm not able to progress any further in the game until I get past this point. I don't see that anyone else has had a similar issue, so quite possibly I'm missing something. Does anyone have any tips or tricks to get me past this point?

Thanks

Did you look at the bench next to her and steal her coins and pick up something (can't remember what, sorry). That action just made me remember how much I loved adventure games where you steal everything you can right in front of the people you are stealing from! Other than a game glitch, that is the only thing I can think of that you might need to do before you hand over the recipe. After you give it to her the bench locks up and she goes away, which is what made me think about it.

Hope this helps!

darti
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by darti on Feb 10, 14 9:22 PM
Bartsister wrote:
darti wrote:I'm in the park, but unable to give Sarah the recipe. There are other areas in the park that are active, so I know the game isn't frozen. Do I need to do something else prior to giving her the recipe? or is this another glitch in the game?

Thanks

Did you look at the bench next to her and steal her coins and pick up something (can't remember what, sorry). That action just made me remember how much I loved adventure games where you steal everything you can right in front of the people you are stealing from! Other than a game glitch, that is the only thing I can think of that you might need to do before you hand over the recipe. After you give it to her the bench locks up and she goes away, which is what made me think about it.

Hope this helps!

thanks for the suggestion, but unfortunately it doesn't help. Neither Sarah or any portion of the bench is an active scene in the park. The only clickable areas are the 2 gates and the birdhouse.

[Post New]by MercuryNeptune on Feb 13, 14 6:00 PM
The game froze up on me but I removed it and reinstalled it. It is working fine after that but it is a pain to do so.

[Post New]by elvenstardragon on Feb 16, 14 3:48 AM
I posted right at the beginning that this game was very 'laggy' and said I would'nt buy it. After reading some of the other posts I uninstalled it and reinstalled it and there was an improvement so I went ahead and bought it this weekend. I have just tried to play it and it is now worse than it was originally.
I was trying to do a HOs and it was taking forever so I tried switching to the puzzle instead, which took an age in itself, only to find the puzzle pieces that I placed were coming back out and floating around as I tried to place the next piece.
It's like being in a slo-mo scene in a film. Even the achievments banner is sooooo slow it seems as if it is stuck. The game is completely unplayable.
I'm running Vista on PC. Everything was updated as of Friday, so I know everything is up to date.

FreakyHobbit
Guppy
Guppy
131 Posts

[Post New]by FreakyHobbit on Feb 19, 14 10:48 PM
My problem is in Workshop, in the last chapter.

I've been to all available locations, even though no 'Action Available' indicator is showing up on the map. The Hint button doesn't respond anymore.

I have one balance, and an artifact in my inventory. The Strategy Guide tells me to go back to the Workshop, and place the balances on that glass contraption thingy, then take the triangle. But it says plays the first balance on the RIGHT, and the second balance on the LEFT. I did that the other way round, and placed the LEFT balance first. Now I can't place the second balance on the RIGHT.

It's frustrating to come this far, only to be stopped by a bug. Is there any way to place the second balance on the RIGHT? Or do I have to start all over again?

[Post New]by millerrachel on Feb 23, 14 9:20 AM
running in slow motion, Access Violation when going to lowlands, as so many others.

Go to: