Re:Post Your Technical Problems For Obscure Legends: Curse of The Ring Here Only!!

[Post New]by bridgemaven on Feb 7, 14 5:37 AM
I'm at the stage where it appears a number of players are as well. Have quite a few items in inventory, but checking the map, no place where there is an action. After hitting the hint button, always no action available. It appears this has been an ongoing problem. As others have asked. when is this going to be fixed. Tech issues usually have been resolved in an appropriate amount of time, but it seems brg has dropped the ball on this one.

Luckystar18
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,663 Posts

Re:Post Your Technical Problems For Obscure Legends: Curse of The Ring Here Only!!

[Post New]by Luckystar18 on Feb 8, 14 6:37 PM
I really am interested in playing this game...looks as though it has good potential. I can't believe that it is taking so very long to get a fix.
I wonder if it will just go by the wayside and be forgotten.

Edited on 02/21/2014 at 8:08:06 AM PST

[Post New]by Butterflyshrimp on Feb 10, 14 7:16 PM
taigood wrote:I couldn't even play the game. The ship crashed and the game froze... I guess that's appropriate.

The 'exact' thing happened to me. Have tried this game three different times & the same thing happened. It freezes right after the shipwreck & I only have a black screen that says its 'paused' & to click anywhere. I did...nothing happened...still frozen. After the 'ship wreck', it instantly freezes. Pressed Control/escape but it said the game was still running & to 'exit' the game. (I couldn't..it was frozen) It obviously "wasn't" 'running' or it wouldn't have been frozen. This game needs a MAJOR fix! Had to unplug all three times to escape and get back to my desktop. I have a 'new' desktop computer, fully updated with 'everything' needed & ALL updates. Would like to play this game but cannot. Changed names 3 different times, but still a 'no-go'. I can't demo the game, so don't know if the demo works or not. Will this game have a "Fix"?

ETA: Am playing on a NEW Windows 660 Dell Inspiron desktop (2007).

Edited on 02/10/2014 at 7:24:06 PM PST

shal
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
5 Posts

[Post New]by shal on Feb 14, 14 1:54 PM
Game has frozen twice and does not load again when you try to get back into game

[Post New]by Ljwshines on Feb 17, 14 3:37 AM
Tartanpimpernel wrote:This game has potential but is full of glitches. I persevered and played for 30 minutes, during which time it tossed me out of the game 3 times and froze twice.

Robcol
Minnow
Minnow
207 Posts

[Post New]by Robcol on Feb 20, 14 8:00 PM
I guess I had previously downloaded the version of this file which had bugs ... so when I purchased the game it gave me the previous history ... with bugs. I was a bit frustrated and then ended that game and begun once more under a different name and so the game worked.

???

What the fix could do?? Obviously I should have been aware that when purchasing the game it picked up where I left off, on a buggy game.

Not sure how you can get around that one.

s

tblair
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

[Post New]by tblair on Mar 5, 14 6:58 AM
are they ever going to get this game fixed? i would really like to play it

Wolfpupscvc
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by Wolfpupscvc on Mar 25, 14 7:59 AM
I AM SO MAD AND UPSET ABOUT THIS GAME. I AM ON MY LAPTOP WINDOWS 7. I HAVE TRIED MY BEST TO PLAY THIS GAME AS I UNINSTALLED/ INSTALLED THIS GAME 4 TIMES. I CAN'T GET PASSED OF TRYING TO OPEN THAT DOOR AT THE START OF THE GAME. IT TELLS ME THAT ( YOUR SAVE DATA IS CORRUPTED, PLEASE CREATE A NEW PLAYER ) WELL I HAVE DONE THIS ALSO & STILL NO HELP. CAN YOU PLEASE TELL ME OF WHEN THIS GAME IS GOING TO BE UPDATED SO WE ALL CAN PLAY THE GAME? THIS GAME CAME OUT ON 1/29 AND I THINK IT HAS BEEN LONG ENOUGH NOW THAT NOTHING HAS BEEN DONE ABOUT THIS GAME. I HAVE EVEN CONTACTED CUSTOMER SUPPORT AND NO HELP THERE EITHER. SO PLEASE GET BACK TO ME OF WHEN THIS GAME IS GOING TO BE UPDATED TO PLAY IT THREW.

roaming
Clownfish
Clownfish
644 Posts

[Post New]by roaming on Mar 25, 14 10:14 PM
mhatfie wrote:
LovetoMissLisa wrote:Couldn't even play the game. Kept freezing and restarting a new profile automatically. It's so amazing to me...how CE's work great...but SE's that we can buy with our hard earned punch cards...we can never get a game that works to use them.

or or (developers) or what?

I'm having the same problems. Keeps freezing and starting a new profile.
I totally agree, does anyone tests these games before releasing them or do they just throw caution to the wind? I like this game and would have bought it.

Ditto to everything. I couldn't get beyond the sign-in page. After doing ACD and trying again, same thing.

zed_dee2
Guppy
Guppy
141 Posts

[Post New]by zed_dee2 on Mar 29, 14 7:41 AM
Demo worked fine so bought the game. Bad move! It's thrown me out twice stating 'save data corrupted', the 2nd time after I got 3/4 of the way through it!

Can't be arsed to start again

boldy1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by boldy1 on Apr 12, 14 8:38 AM
It has been that way from day 1 ,since it has been out .

joker52
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by joker52 on Apr 20, 14 1:58 PM
Like some of the others, cannot get past the cave and have to enter new name to get back in and never get any further. Freezing up! Please help!

[Post New]by ccflowerpower on May 4, 14 10:59 AM
This game has frozen my new computer 3 times. Can I get a refund?

[Post New]by Sward81333 on May 7, 14 8:47 AM
Can't play this game. Crashes frequently. Tried saving game every few steps -- then says game save is corrupt and have to start over. Using Windows 8.1. Very frustrating.

UPDATE: I downloaded the game onto my Windows 7 laptop. The game is playing smoothly without any errors.

Edited on 05/14/2014 at 4:39:28 PM PST

tblair
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

[Post New]by tblair on May 9, 14 6:47 AM
from the sounds of it they never did get a fix for this game

tblair
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

[Post New]by tblair on Jun 8, 14 8:36 AM
did they ever get a fix for this game?

Go to: