[Post New]by rosiebvt on Mar 15, 14 6:58 PM
Wow! A Lepidoptera lizziktus! Those are incredibly rare, even more than eggs

awalkinglady
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,341 Posts

Re:The Doctor's Blog

[Post New]by awalkinglady on Mar 15, 14 7:02 PM
Really beautiful....must take alot of patience to create!

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Mar 15, 14 7:10 PM
Not as much patience as playing Midnight Castle.

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Mar 15, 14 7:14 PM
rosiebvt wrote:Wow! A Lepidoptera lizziktus! Those are incredibly rare, even more than eggs
I would gladly trade my Lepidoptera lizziktus for an egg!

Bedazzles
Clownfish
Clownfish
567 Posts

[Post New]by Bedazzles on Mar 15, 14 8:48 PM
Lizzie...you have made some really awesome things...but I have to say the Lepidoptera lizziktus is my favorite...and you deserve an egg for it for sure...I have a Phoenix and an Owl...will give you either one if you dont have them already. PM me your friend code and add either to your wish list...my next gifting cycle it will be yours!!!
Bedazzle

AnnaDownes01
Flounder
Flounder
2,175 Posts

[Post New]by AnnaDownes01 on Mar 15, 14 8:50 PM
Lizziek,

That is awesome. What a lot of thought & effort went into that.

Bondi Girl

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Mar 15, 14 9:26 PM
Bedazzles wrote:Lizzie...you have made some really awesome things...but I have to say the Lepidoptera lizziktus is my favorite...and you deserve an egg for it for sure...I have a Phoenix and an Owl...will give you either one if you dont have them already. PM me your friend code and add either to your wish list...my next gifting cycle it will be yours!!!
Bedazzle

That is so kind of you to offer me an egg. I have been wanting an owl egg but I'm not sure I am going to continue playing the game. I hope the developers will make some more changes and make it less frustrating but I don't think I should hold my breath.

Thank you, LizzieK

The Doctor's Blog

[Post New]by Ken_TheDoctor on Mar 16, 14 4:59 PM
The Doctor: 164744
The Doctor mk2: 176944

Now this is odd! I just spent twenty minutes writing my blog, I pressed the "Post Reply" button and the entry vanished... It just didn't post! So hear goes again, If I end up with a delayed posting and two very similar blogs appear... Well you know why! Hang about, have the glitches spread to the forum now?

I'll start by thanking LizzieK for the wonderful butterfly... You have really brightened the place up, Lizzie.

I am trying to be positive, but reading the forum leads me to believe that there are even more disgruntled players now than there were before the update... This can't be good. I for one hope that BFG can get a grip on Elephant Games and convince them that there actually is a problem that needs fixing.

I'm only on level 17 and once again am in no hurry to advance, but I have noticed that the old method of getting the object out of a chest is no longer reliable. Today I started with the crafting screen; clicked on the object's "find" button and was sent to the correct chest. I opened the chest and out popped something completely different! Not good!

Today I won an Owl Egg on the Wheel of Fortune. But am wondering if it is worth spending the coins to hatch it. I already have three pets that I cannot feed; do I need a fourth one? Especially as I am reading horror stories about needing 20,00 coins to unlock a new area or a chest... Suddenly eggs seem a whole lot less fun tan they used to be! I've actually won four eggs on the wheel so far (No! I am not boasting) I hatched the dragon egg; gave the phoenix egg away; and now have an owl egg that I don't know what to do with! The fourth egg? Well that was a Snow Griffon egg! What am I supposed to do with that? I have absolutely no idea!

Well actually, my thinking goes along the lines of taking it to the Inn and asking my friend Salty Took to fry it for me. It might make a good omelet because it doesn't seen to have any other uses. So if anyone else can think of an original use for a Snow Griffon Egg, please post it on my blog... We could all use a laugh.

See you in the castle,
The Doctor

Edited on 03/17/2014 at 12:46:12 PM PST

rosiebvt
Manatee
Manatee
4,210 Posts

[Post New]by rosiebvt on Mar 16, 14 5:25 PM
There is hope on the pet food front. I have been getting food for both old and new pets in different places, it's not just piggy food from the airship anymore. I'm not sure how much an owl costs to hatch, but how could you resist that face? I've found people have been generous with gifting pet food, so that will help.

I was going to suggest that you sell the griffin egg, but that would be logical and boring.

You could try sitting on it to hatch it yourself, but I don't know if you want to be foster mom to a griffin. That could be awkward with the friends and neighbors.

Maybe your other pets could play football with it (or as we in the States say, soccer)?

Maybe I could borrow it and use it to stop my 4-legged Emmaline from chewing on my computer cables as she is doing right now? Hard-boiled might be best for that purpose

Edited on 03/16/2014 at 5:26:10 PM PST

KittChaos
Guppy
Guppy
155 Posts

[Post New]by KittChaos on Mar 16, 14 6:22 PM
Hmm, a Snow Griffin Egg?

Well, this is Midnight Castle, so....

After completing an inscrutable quest, you are given a rare and powerful formula.

In addition to your Snow Griffin Egg, you need a Hopping Tiger Egg and a Baby Pegasus Egg.

Once you have all your components, head into the alchemy lab. Carefully place each egg in the right spot, along with 42 Gold Coins (42 because that's the answer to life, the universe and everything) and 3 Unique Stamps (how can anything be unique in multiples? ^_~) hit Craft and watch the magic happen!

Ta-da! You now have a Hippogriff Pet! One of the awesome and amazing things about the Hippogriff is that he's happy chowing down on any of the three related pet foods -- Griffin, Hopping Tiger or Baby Pegasus. Oh, and Pink Piggy food will do in a pinch, but he gives you a nasty look for feeding him substandard fare.

How's that?

[Post New]by Lilly_Belle25 on Mar 16, 14 6:31 PM
Rosiebvt,
Sounds like Emmaline needs the spray bottle. My cousin has cats. She uses a new, empty bottle with a spray nozzle and adds water. Sets the stream to narrow. When her kitty does something dangerous; like chewing wires, she sprays the kitty with a burst of water. It's enough to modify his behavior. Now all she has to do is show the bottle & he runs for the bedroom. Has stopped all of them from destroying the house & getting injured in the process. The small amount of water doesn't hurt anything & it dries in a short amount of time. All electrical cords are safe from the many critters in the house. Her kids seem to bring every creature home! Even the ones that make her scream from the rafters .

I told her to take the water bottle to the boys! Maybe they won't bring anymore reptiles or huge spiders home. Ewwww LOL

rosiebvt
Manatee
Manatee
4,210 Posts

[Post New]by rosiebvt on Mar 16, 14 6:36 PM
Thanks Lilly Belle, I use that on my other cats and it works. Emmi is a tortie though, she is not afraid of nobody or nothing . She's the smallest but had the two boys afraid of her for a year after we brought her home. She's got CATTITUDE!

KittChaos, I would not dream of feeding a Hippogriff substandard food. They are much too cultured and polite to do such a thing. Even the name "piggy food" is an insult to any well bred hippogriff!

KittChaos
Guppy
Guppy
155 Posts

[Post New]by KittChaos on Mar 16, 14 6:55 PM
rosiebvt, I had the same problem with my cat, Kai, when he was stubbornly persistent and kept trying to chew electrical cords. I was really worried, as he and his sister, Chaos, are alone when I'm at work.

There is a chewing deterrent for dogs (that my vet agreed I could use for my cat) called Bitter Three (if memory serves -- I know it was called Bitter) and bitter it was. I felt horrible, and if it weren't for the real danger of electrocution I would never have done this to my kitty, but...

I placed some of the liquid on my fingers and let him smell it. Once I was sure he knew what it smelled like, I picked him up and forced him to taste it from my fingers. He totally hated it (and salivated and drooled for about twenty minutes, and gave me dirty looks for about an hour) but, after I 'painted' all the electrical cords he had been interested in chewing on, he avoided them and I haven't caught him chewing on electrical cords again.

Edited on 03/16/2014 at 6:55:53 PM PST

AnnaDownes01
Flounder
Flounder
2,175 Posts

[Post New]by AnnaDownes01 on Mar 16, 14 7:23 PM
My owl has brought me some good treasures. Better than the Griffin or the Cat.
I have won a hopping tiger egg & am waiting to hatch it. Want to know what it brings.

[Post New]by Lilly_Belle25 on Mar 16, 14 8:07 PM
AnnaDownes01,
Post hopping tiger's name on the 'Name your pet thread'. Can't wait to hear what he brings & what you name him/her!
Don't worry about the rubber duck. LizzyK can draw you a new one. Just bring your bathing suit & a towel.
See you all on the island for R&R!

awalkinglady
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,341 Posts

[Post New]by awalkinglady on Mar 16, 14 9:08 PM
KittChaos wrote:
There is a chewing deterrent for dogs (that my vet agreed I could use for my cat) called Bitter Three (if memory serves -- I know it was called Bitter) and bitter it was.

There is a product called Bitter Apple that works like that for dogs. Works like a charm!

rosiebvt
Manatee
Manatee
4,210 Posts

[Post New]by rosiebvt on Mar 17, 14 2:02 PM
Thanks for all of the advice. My poor Emmi isn't going to know what hit her.
An odd coincidence - my husband's new doctor is named Emily. He's already warned her he may call her Emmi and he's not trying to be too familiar!

The Doctor's Blog

[Post New]by Ken_TheDoctor on Mar 17, 14 2:10 PM
The Doctor: 164744
The Doctor mk2: 176944

Well, I've been playing the game on and off for about twelve hours so far today and would like to comment that it has (so far - famous last words) been entirely glitch free!
(Apart from a failed coin drop from the flowers, that is).

I did notice a subtle change about mid-morning UK time... Suddenly I am getting pet food from the HOS's and the Airship; and I don't mean sacks of piggy food. I'm now getting a steady trickle of everything and have actually been able to fly "Frog", my dragon = although I should add that this is mostly due to the kindness of my friends who are bombarding me with gifts so fast that I'll never be able to repay them. Thank you very much... Your kindness is very much appreciated!

"Frog" brought back 600 coins and 2 of the blue stamps... His best yet! While "Loser" the cat on his first flight for ages did nearly as well. The sudden increase in food supplies has convinced me that rosiebvt is right and I should hatch it... If the worst cones to the worst, then four pets can starve just as cheaply as three..

I enjoyed reading the suggestions as to the uses for the Snow Griffon egg and particularly liked Kittchaos' idea of "Egg-Hybridization": I hope that one of the Mods reads it and passes it on to the devs... Its a great idea and should work better than some of the ones that Elephant have come up with. The Chew-toy idea might work also... I breed Welsh Springer Spaniels and have a lot of experience of uncontrolled and sneaky chewing!

I have noticed more than a little speculation about our level 22 high-achiever RedBullz; I must say that I am pretty sure that they are a real player and not just Bot-John mk2. Reading around the forum I formed the opinion that they are actually a player known as "accounter" who does not post much but who spent the time waiting for the update in crafting everything that they could! RedBullz also holds the record for every HOS that I can access (level 17) and so is a phenomenally good player!. As I said before: if you ever read this drivel of mine, RedBullz", please let us in on your secret!

See you all in the Castle,
The Doctor

memagirl
Guppy
Guppy
184 Posts

[Post New]by memagirl on Mar 17, 14 4:53 PM
Hi Doctor Ken, I just added you to my friends list my code is Etta 193207
I am also retired and play this game when i can love it I am at level 18 have lots of invertory . if can help you i will if you accept the invite.

Go to: