Carolg01
Lobster
Lobster
98 Posts

Train Track piece missing

[Post New]by Carolg01 on Mar 3, 14 2:54 PM
Hi all - I am trying to play the train track mini-game and there should be three straight vertical pieces, but I only have two. I can't finish the mini-game which means I can't finish the game. Also, I tried to skip and it never activates for me to do that. Is there a fix for this somewhere? Thanks, Carol

[Post New]by KitaLP on Mar 3, 14 4:19 PM
Carolg01 wrote:Hi all - I am trying to play the train track mini-game and there should be three straight vertical pieces, but I only have two. I can't finish the mini-game which means I can't finish the game. Also, I tried to skip and it never activates for me to do that. Is there a fix for this somewhere? Thanks, Carol

I am having the same issue. Has anyone resolved it?

ruthkr
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

Re:Post your TECH ISSUES for True Fear: Forsaken Souls Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by ruthkr on Mar 3, 14 4:54 PM
Hi,

I had the same issue, but then I realized that you need to pick up the last remaining track piece in a subsequent HOS scene. Then you can go back and finish the mini-game. Frustrating though . . .

tammytheo
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by tammytheo on Mar 3, 14 5:13 PM
Rockdiva wrote:
tammytheo wrote:
Rockdiva wrote:I've been playing the game, with no hitches, until the HO scene in chapter three. There is a pumpkin that I'm supposed to pick a knife up and carve, there are two problems with that, one is I am unable to pick up the knife the second one is that the pumpkin already has a face carved into it. I tried just clicking on the already carved pumpkin, but no go. I can go no further, if I can't finish the HO scene.

Hi Rockdiva,

I think there is something wrong with this certain HOS. Although we are supposed to carve the pumpkin with a knife and put a lit candle in it, as the strategy guide clearly suggests, the only thing that works, it worked for me anyway, is to pick up the box of matches which lies at the right of the scene and click with it on the pumpkin. Have you tried that? If not, please give it a shot and let me know what happened if you wish.

I suspect this is an error in the game and hopefully it will be fixed along with all the other issues it seems to be having.

Thank you!! It was a box of matches on my screen, but the same result. I guess they still have a few bugs to work out.

Thanks for letting me know Rockdiva and sorry it didn't work. We have to play this HOS again later on so maybe I used the box of matches the second time... I can't remember. But the strategy guide gives the exact same instructions, carve the pumpkin with the knife etc, for the second time of playing it too! I think this is a bit of a mess that developers need to fix as soon as they can.

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Mar 3, 14 7:18 PM
Carolg01 wrote:Hi all - I am trying to play the train track mini-game and there should be three straight vertical pieces, but I only have two. I can't finish the mini-game which means I can't finish the game. Also, I tried to skip and it never activates for me to do that. Is there a fix for this somewhere? Thanks, Carol
This is not a tech issue, you have missed picking up the piece of train track in the electrical panel box outside the Grandfather's shed/studio.

bobobear
Flounder
Flounder
2,315 Posts

[Post New]by bobobear on Mar 3, 14 7:58 PM
pslayton2 wrote:I finished the main game with no problems(loved it) but when I was looking at the extras it kicked me out with the message The crash log file Crash.Report.dmp was created in the game folder. Now I can not access the bonus chapter because this keeps happening. Help!

The same exact thing happened to me. I uninstalled and reinstalled the game several times with no luck. So I started the game over again under a different profile and it worked. The only thing I did different was after I finished the main game, I started the bonus game and continued playing until I finished the entire game. It seems that once you finish the main game, you can not come out of the game or look at any of the extras because it will crash. So play the game over under a different profile and go directly to bonus game until complete, do not exit until done. Very good game but there are a lot of problems with crashing. Good luck

[Post New]by Idahonative on Mar 3, 14 8:51 PM
I refuse to jump through hoops with this issue, a game shouldn't require me to Control Alt Delete even ONCE, let alone 2 times just to get through the intro, and through the car driving down the road scenes. It played very well, up to listening to the answering machine, then the whole thing stalled, the screen went blank and the computer froze up. Had to manual restart my computer. And as others have had similar problems, I'm not inclined to uninstall and re-install it AGAIN to see if that is the problem. I have upgraded all the drivers known to PC kind on my computer before buying this, my computer is relatively (within two years) new and has plenty of memory, I have upgraded various software that help run various games. I will not be trying to play this game, until I see an update appear...what a pain!

sfr8rfan
Guppy
Guppy
196 Posts

[Post New]by sfr8rfan on Mar 3, 14 9:03 PM
[Removed by Moderator]

SO, BFG THINKS THIS IS MY PROBLEM OR APPLE'S PROBLEM. 66 POSTS HERE AND NO ONE THINKS IT'S THE GAME'S PROBLEM/THE DEVELOPER'S PROBLEM, LET'S BLAME IT ON MY APPLE COMPUTER.

Edited on 03/04/2014 at 4:46:16 PM PST

Poof11
Clownfish
Clownfish
503 Posts

[Post New]by Poof11 on Mar 3, 14 10:17 PM
tophen wrote:poof 11 on the magnet I found mine in grand fathers room on wall where tape player is.

Tophen, thank you for your reply but I was referring to a magnet that was listed in one of the hidden object scenes. Now, the magnet that you refer to is actually what most would look for when asked to find a magnet but in this hidden object scene it ends up being a fish that was the magnet to be picked up. The description could have been refrigerator magnet, or even just fish but to ask for a magnet in general, like I said, most would look for the norm U shaped red/blue object.

Also, it seems to me that the developers need a lesson on how to create a strategy guide. If you are going to go through the chapters and show the appropriate actions, items needed, etc. then don't show the two possible actions in a hidden object scene of one that is needed during one chapter and another action that can only be done when you return to the scene later on.

Was it me, or when we were first introduced to the grandfather, via letters his name was Daniel and then his name changed to David. Just curious.

I'm currently having a problem with the chess pieces/compass mini game. I have placed the arrows in the correct positions and even double checked against the SG but cannot get the grave stone to open. Figured I come in to check to see what others have done since I remembered seeing a post earlier but checked this one first since my page was already open to the tech issues.

Good Luck All.

Carolg01
Lobster
Lobster
98 Posts

[Post New]by Carolg01 on Mar 4, 14 6:42 AM
ruthkr wrote:Hi,

I had the same issue, but then I realized that you need to pick up the last remaining track piece in a subsequent HOS scene. Then you can go back and finish the mini-game. Frustrating though . . .

Oh duh - I guess I've gotten lazy - I'm used to the games telling me I can't start until I have all of the pieces.. ha ha ha

Thank you SOOOOO much - I am going to go back and try to find it...

didersham
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
409 Posts

[Post New]by didersham on Mar 4, 14 11:44 AM
I had problems picking up items in my inventory. I was able to complete the game, but it would have been much more enjoyable of a gameplay if this bug was fixed

adr8p
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by adr8p on Mar 4, 14 1:46 PM
I opened the door with all the locks on it and was walking down the basement steps when my laptop froze and I had to turn it off as couldn't do anything else with it. Went back to play the game and I had a corrupt file message and was told to start a new game. Not gonna bother until there is a fix for all the bugs that have been reported and if that fix doesn't come soon I will be asking for my money back.

gamertlc
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by gamertlc on Mar 4, 14 6:23 PM
Poof11 wrote:I can complete the entire scene except it will not allow me to pick up the knife to open the can for the rattle. I have exited the scene like I did in a previous HOS but the only thing that changed was where the rattle was on the list. I have exited the game twice but nothing.
I absolutely REFUSE to restart yet another game and play up to where I was, I've had to do this to many times recently and it just ruins the gaming experience. I play these games for enjoyment and to forget about the crazy day that I have had but it seems even my bad luck today followed me into this game. So now I am stuck....can't finish the game....what to do, what to do. I guess I'll wait to see if there is a fix. BOOO!

I forgot to add that I am playing on a Win8 using IE. All of my files are up to date which were checked earlier today.

I'm having the same problem and I'm in the process of uninstalling/reinstalling. Will let you know if that works.

ETA: As usual, that didn't work. This sucks! I got this game as a replacement for another game that didn't work!

Edited on 03/04/2014 at 6:54:54 PM PST

sfr8rfan
Guppy
Guppy
196 Posts

[Post New]by sfr8rfan on Mar 5, 14 2:35 AM
Still NO ONE has responded to this ton of technical problems.
Knock Knock...

lsr103
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by lsr103 on Mar 5, 14 3:27 AM
TRAIN TRACK PROBLEM. Anyone else?

I've hit a bug. The final piece of train track needed for that particular game (you'll know what I mean if/when you get that far) is lying on the floor, but cannot be picked up - so basically, I'm stymied. Something is definitely wrong with the programming as reloading the scene occasionally removes the piece of track completely or shows it and lists it as piece number "0" - clearly ludicrous.

Could someone PLEASE resolve the myriad bugs in this game. It is very frustrating to find one has been wasting one's time like this - I really haven't the stomach to go right back to the beginning.

tammytheo
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by tammytheo on Mar 5, 14 5:39 AM
Carolg01 wrote:
ruthkr wrote:Hi,

Oh duh - I guess I've gotten lazy - I'm used to the games telling me I can't start until I have all of the pieces.. ha ha ha

Thank you SOOOOO much - I am going to go back and try to find it...

Hi Carolg01,

I believe you're looking in the wrong place for it. Please, check WilJul's reply to you above.

Edited on 03/05/2014 at 5:51:52 AM PST

Annie6250
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by Annie6250 on Mar 5, 14 11:56 AM
I'm on a new iMac (10.8.5) and am now running into crashes in Act 2. It has crashed several times and for no apparent reason. Judging by this thread, it appears to not be just me or my Mac. Has anyone heard from BFG at all on this game and these issues?

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Mar 5, 14 1:45 PM
lsr103 wrote:TRAIN TRACK PROBLEM. Anyone else?

I've hit a bug. The final piece of train track needed for that particular game (you'll know what I mean if/when you get that far) is lying on the floor, but cannot be picked up - so basically, I'm stymied. Something is definitely wrong with the programming as reloading the scene occasionally removes the piece of track completely or shows it and lists it as piece number "0" - clearly ludicrous.

Could someone PLEASE resolve the myriad bugs in this game. It is very frustrating to find one has been wasting one's time like this - I really haven't the stomach to go right back to the beginning.
The track pieces you can't pick up have to be connected to by the pieces you can.

WilJul wrote:[there is a ]piece of train track in the electrical panel box [at top left] outside the Grandfather's shed

Edited on 03/05/2014 at 1:50:21 PM PST

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Mar 5, 14 1:47 PM
My problem is similar to GreyGhost's and I have come to a dead end. I did get the HOP in the car trunk (electric plug, anyone?! ) but I didn't get the winch at the end of it - I didn't get anything.

t1llie57
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by t1llie57 on Mar 5, 14 4:09 PM
At the end when the chess pieces are to be north, etc., apparently most people get to skip this puzzle. I don't. I can't figure it out but I can't skip either, Help please!!

Go to: