[Post New]by Vlania on Mar 22, 14 8:27 PM
Valdy, may I interview you?

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

Re:Where are we all from?

[Post New]by Valdy on Mar 22, 14 9:30 PM
Rosiebvt... I am sure you aren't an old broad. Here on Saturn I am only 2 years old (that's 48052 Saturnian days). So, even though on your planet I would already be more than half a century old, I am only a babe on my home planet.

And I don't know what a BMW is - am not familiar with things from Earth. The name "Beamers R US" comes from the company that supplies our teleporters, from which our chief engineer Scotty beams us up - or down, as the case may be.

Vlania, I'm afraid all my responses to an interview would be: No comment. I am just a shy Saturnian who happens to have landed on the isle of Big Fishes. And where I have landed today it's 15 hours ahead of BF time. Again, very confusing, all these time differences on your planet. We only have one time on Saturn: Saturn time. Yep...

apollogold
Catfish
Catfish
1,584 Posts

[Post New]by apollogold on Mar 23, 14 12:13 AM
Great thread, SARAHBEE!!! I've always wondered where everyone was from. I'm Robyn from Pinehurst, TX. That's about 35 miles north of Houston. My game name is Beauty36818.. awalkinglady.... I would never have thought you were from the USA. With your game name, I always thought of you as from DOWNUNDER!!! I'm loving this, so many surprises. Love ya all!!!

awalkinglady
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,341 Posts

[Post New]by awalkinglady on Mar 23, 14 6:01 AM
apollogold....
Nope...born and bred in the USA...I just love to walk! Visiting Australia is on my bucket list though! Really interesting thread....nice to know we have quite the global community here.

HotLily
Herring
Herring
325 Posts

[Post New]by HotLily on Mar 23, 14 9:43 AM
Suede46 wrote:Suede46 Playing as "Niamh" ID 75596

Hi everyone, I am another member of the Cornish contingent.
My name is Susie, and I live in St Columb Major, Cornwall UK.
I am very pleased to meet you all, especially Ken, Chris and Cynthia who are “neighbours” so to speak!

Susie X

Written at 22:04 hrs GMT

Hi neighbour!

I'll send a friends invite, us Cornish should stick together! ( I wasn't born here tho!)

Chris aka Freya

cynththemoler
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,948 Posts

[Post New]by cynththemoler on Mar 23, 14 9:52 AM
Ken_TheDoctor wrote:This is a nice idea! I'm Ken from Newquay, Cornwall in the United Kingdom writing this at 15;04 hours GMT. I actually live about 16 miles from Cynththemoler in Truro. Happy to know you all.

The Doctor

Wow Ken! Actually 5 miles from Truro, near THAT roundabout! Go down towards Redruth from THAT and you might catch sight of me down the lanes on the left! I'II look out for you - great game this eh? The people here - all the best from all over. Wonderful to meet you all.

cynththemoler
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,948 Posts

[Post New]by cynththemoler on Mar 23, 14 9:56 AM
HotLily wrote:

I am very pleased to meet you all, especially Ken, Chris and Cynthia who are “neighbours” so to speak!

Susie X

Hi neighbour!

I'll send a friends invite, us Cornish should stick together! ( I wasn't born here tho!)

Chris aka Freya

Even more of us! Hello, pasty anyone? I wasn't born here either but lived here most of my life - thank the Lord Dad wanted to move back when I was a wee kidlet!

If I ever go out and see people with strange looking eyes I will know who it is and what game you have been playing!

rosiebvt
Manatee
Manatee
4,210 Posts

[Post New]by rosiebvt on Mar 23, 14 10:06 AM
Cynththemoler -
Do you mean that people who play this game ever get outside into the real world? We've been hearing through the winter about what horrible weather you've been having. That may be part of the reason for the strong Cornish contingent! Stay dry and carry on.

valeriemay
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by valeriemay on Mar 23, 14 10:15 AM
Hi People, I'm from Camberwell, South London in the UK and posting this on Sunday afternoon at 17.13. Just had my Sunday roast and a bit full up so I'm taking a rest before I tackle the washing up, yuk! xx

cynththemoler
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,948 Posts

[Post New]by cynththemoler on Mar 23, 14 10:18 AM
rosiebvt wrote:Cynththemoler -
Do you mean that people who play this game ever get outside into the real world? We've been hearing through the winter about what horrible weather you've been having. That may be part of the reason for the strong Cornish contingent! Stay dry and carry on.

Only very occasionally I understand, wearing dark glasses whatever the weather!
I have taken to having my shopping delivered!!!

Oh it's been awful. On the 8th Feb this little area suffered a huge lightning hit - destroyed the inside of my computer tower and my first game as me (Cynthia), luckily I had a backup as my beloved Mum (Maisie) on my laptop so carried on with that one - only to be locked out as I approached level 18!!! Now I am back as Maisie but had started another using my 2nd Christian name Wynne; now though I have two others named after my father - it's the Cornish Piskies made me do it! - so I can still gift but help myself a little too!

Up country has been worse though; some people were flooded out of their home on the Somerset levels since before Christmas. I think it have been quite rough in various places around the world hasn't it Rosie? Some of the coastal areas have been badly damaged down here.

HotLily
Herring
Herring
325 Posts

[Post New]by HotLily on Mar 23, 14 10:35 AM
cynththemoler wrote:
HotLily wrote:

Susie X

Hi neighbour!

Chris aka Freya

Even more of us! Hello, pasty anyone? I wasn't born here either but lived here most of my life - thank the Lord Dad wanted to move back when I was a wee kidlet!

If I ever go out and see people with strange looking eyes I will know who it is and what game you have been playing!

Hi Cynth,

I certainly wasn't expecting anyone else to be from these parts! Whats your player id? I'll send an invite xx

Freya

Suede46
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by Suede46 on Mar 23, 14 11:06 AM
HotLily wrote:

Susie X

Hi neighbour!

Chris aka Freya

Hi Chris,

I have accepted your invite.

I was not born here either. I'm a Yorkshire lass, who married a Devonion, and ended up in Cornwall, and I would not want to be anywhere else now.

Susie (Suede46) X

cynththemoler
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,948 Posts

[Post New]by cynththemoler on Mar 23, 14 11:55 AM
HotLily wrote:
cynththemoler wrote:
HotLily wrote:

Susie X

Hi neighbour!

Chris aka Freya

Hi Cynth,

I certainly wasn't expecting anyone else to be from these parts! Whats your player id? I'll send an invite xx

Freya

I know, then to find there are 4 of us!

I am Maisie 113662 and Arthur 191458 see you soon! xxx

SylvAnn57
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by SylvAnn57 on Mar 23, 14 12:50 PM
Howdy from the Lone Star State of Texas, USA. Originally Illinois, USA, Time 2:45 PM Central DST

Feel right at home with all the other transplants.

Stay warm, dry and safe.

Sylla

[Post New]by Ken_TheDoctor on Mar 23, 14 1:01 PM
Hmmm, okay...!

Could anyone who isn't Cornish please stand up....

That's what I thought... Not Many! (Gets back into TARDIS)

The Doctor

KittChaos
Guppy
Guppy
155 Posts

[Post New]by KittChaos on Mar 23, 14 1:34 PM
For most of my various forum accounts, when they require an answer, I usually enter 'the State of Confusion', but when pressed, I'll admit to living in Maryland -- about forty minutes north and west of Washington, D.C (except with traffic it's more like two hours).

I just pulled an all-nighter (fourteen hours starting yesterday afternoon at 4 PM) grabbing screencaps, adjusting images, sequencing the timing, adding effects and such for my first ever attempt at a music video. I made it into the final round of a forum contest for another (non-Big Fish) game that I play, and I wanted to give it my all. I'm just waiting for final permission from the writer of the song to enter it. If he says no, I'll have to forfeit, as there's no time to try anything else, and I'm mostly brain-fried right now.

With any luck, and that massive project behind me, I should have a chance to finish the in-progress chapter in Ferrous Moon, and get back on track with that.

[Post New]by ladydragon58 on Mar 23, 14 1:36 PM
oh but I love the Tardis! I've been travel with the DR. for year. I'm from good old
GEORGIA. and hi in Athens. GO DOGS!!! Also have step mom and sister from Germany. Been a Georgia Peach all my live but have live several states around the U.S. Love the game and the forum. Both take up most of my time.

Also welcome from space and to all pool player I saw one on here. And hello to all from around the world. My son my be see some of you soon if he get into the navy.

donna

Edited on 03/23/2014 at 1:39:14 PM PST

Suede46
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by Suede46 on Mar 23, 14 1:46 PM
cynththemoler wrote:
HotLily wrote:
cynththemoler wrote:
HotLily wrote:

Susie X

Hi neighbour!

Chris aka Freya

Hi Cynth,

Freya

I know, then to find there are 4 of us!

I am Maisie 113662 and Arthur 191458 see you soon! xxx

Hi Cynth, HotLily, Freya and Ken

What I find amazing is the fact that we all live within a few miles of each other.

Cynth, My Mum was also called Maisie, but my dad was not Arthur. My player name of Niamh, is my granddaughters name. Her middle name is Maisie!

Susie (Suede46) X

cynththemoler
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,948 Posts

[Post New]by cynththemoler on Mar 23, 14 1:56 PM
Susie, my Mum was really Hilda May - known as May, but Dad always called her Maisie; she died last year 28th March - she had had Alzheimer's type dementia, I looked after her for 20 years; Dad too for the first 7. Miss them both. Strange coincidences though eh?

We will all have to met up for a coffee somewhere!

jerrilou
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by jerrilou on Mar 23, 14 2:05 PM
Hello Everyone
I'm from the Pacific Northwest ( Washington State) on the Idaho & Washington Border.. Have a nice day all & Happy gaming

Go to: