Re:Post your Cooking Academy: Restaurant Royale (PC) Technical Issues Here Only!

[Post New]by UBette on May 29, 14 11:27 AM
JB4510 wrote:If you are playing through your BF game manager, you should be able to enter your account info as your log-in for the game and it should be restored. I'm guessing that is not happening?

One option I have used successfully when something has gone awry is to open the game on my cell phone, select Play from Device, NOT SERVER, then fix what I needed to, close that, open it on my PC and then whatever changes I made on the phone are now back on the server.

I attempted to sign out/sign in manager a few times. I then uninstalled game, restarted and reinstalled. Nothing worked. I'm quite happy I didn't invest in the 'cut cooking time in half' as I surely would be out for blood now. Should I be in a similar situation again I will keep this fix in mind and say a little prayer with fingers crossed that it resolves my issue(s). Thanks!

Re:Post your Cooking Academy: Restaurant Royale (PC) Technical Issues Here Only!

[Post New]by scrappymommyof3 on May 29, 14 5:51 PM
My game finally started working again today and luckily I didn't lose anything besides the fact that all of my counters were empty!

evetruth
Guppy
Guppy
149 Posts

[Post New]by evetruth on May 30, 14 6:42 PM
What happen to my hearts. I had 179 and now it says 166. I also keep getting a fatal error message.

JB4510
Guppy
Guppy
199 Posts

Game Auto Plants Premium Prizes. Requesting Refund

[Post New]by JB4510 on Jun 3, 14 5:33 PM
Did it again! Really getting tired of this game spending my money on things I don't want to plant. Any game tech support can easily see my account purchases and note that I do NOT buy premium prize plants. (Nor have I received anything remotely worth $10).

Of course, in order for such a review of my spending, we'd have to have an actual tech support person for this game, which we apparently do not. My refund request now stands at $30. Perhaps I'll start charging interest.

----------------

JB4510 wrote:I play Cooking Academy Restaurant Royale under my paid Big Fish account on both my Windows 7 64bit PC and iPhone 4s.

There is a significant issue when playing on the PC only in that when harvesting planted spices, the game sometimes just "jumps" and automatically plants a "premium prize" and deducts $10 game bucks from my account. This has happened before and I assumed I had done something wrong. Because of that, I now pay very close attention when harvesting or planting spices.

Yesterday, 5/21/14, it happened twice, costing me $20 in game bucks, for which I paid real money, and am requesting be refunded to my game.

While harvesting spices in planters placed in a vertical row, I clicked on "harvest" and a "premium prize tree" appeared in the empty planter directly above the planter I was harvesting. The screen appeared to "jump" in that I was never taken to the page to select an item to plant. A few hours later the exact thing happened again.

Though I have read other reports of people accidentally spending bucks when cooking or serving dishes, I have never had that problem. This is the only problem I have had and I find it very odd that whenever it occurs, it automatically plants the most expensive choice. I have never seen the game, nor have I accidentally, planted a regular seed or lower cost prize, only the premium.

While I strongly agree with other suggestions that there be a confirmation pop-up to prevent accidental spending, in this case, I don't know that it would matter, because the plant choice screen was skipped altogether. The Premium Prize tree just appeared.

I sincerely hope this problem will be corrected soon. I appreciate your assistance in refunding my game account $20 in game bucks due to this problem.

Thank you.

bfgVaiya
Salmon
Salmon
2,557 Posts

[Post New]by bfgVaiya on Jun 5, 14 3:07 PM
Hey Everyone,

I'm really sorry to see there's trouble with fatal errors, purchasing and other issues. It can definitely help to check out the following help article for some troubleshooting steps:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If the issues continue, please contact our Technical Support Team HERE with a Dr. Felix Report and one of our Reps will be more than happy to help!

bfgVaiya

emmham
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by emmham on Jun 6, 14 4:54 AM
Do you have a response regarding the disappearing daily demand for fish tacos. A number of people appear to be having this problem and it has happened to me today playing on my Ipad. I love the game and have spent quite some real money on it, so it is very annoying when something like this happens.

I have also noticed that on some of the harder challenges which are completed whilst I am asleep, that unless I am awake to collect the bucks, I lose them when it rolls over to the next day (which also happens whilst I am asleep!) I would suggest that you make it so that the bucks are automatically credited once the demand is completed, rather than having to collect them. Alternatively is there any way to change the time that the day rolls over?

Challengevanished

[Post New]by karenlwuk on Jun 7, 14 1:30 PM
I was given a challenge of 28 ish thousand fish tacos on Friday night for 20 bucks. i cooked them overnight but when i woke up the challenge was gone. Although i achieved the challenge i did not get my 20 bucks because the challenge vanished overnight

[Post New]by fluffycloud42 on Jun 9, 14 7:29 PM
I've had the same issue with the Fish Tacos daily demand. I've actually had the issue with other recipes but that one seems to bug out more than most.

In the past I've also had Daily Demands complete while I wasn't there, and before the next day happens, and been credited, but that seems to have gone away relatively recently. I've been playing this game for a few months, and I don't regret spending on the half cooking time, but I'm pretty disappointed with the game right now because the Daily Demands are a large part of what makes the game fun. If the Daily Demands don't work properly, it's really pointless to play this game.

[Post New]by Artick on Jun 11, 14 8:10 AM
I got some files corrupted message and suddenly I am no longer level 46. Everything is gone. Sigh...

efi24
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,228 Posts

[Post New]by efi24 on Jun 13, 14 3:29 PM
Just came in to collect my rewards for daily demands and instead of 8 bucks for making and selling 23,520 Paellas (!!!) I got like 2,500 coins.
Instead of 4 bucks for making and selling 6,400 egg roles I got I don't know, some lousy amount of coins.
Am so upset right now! Was counting on those bucks for purchasing the jukebox with the sale they got on.
Am so so so upset!!!
Have already spent way too much real money on this game and this is seriously upsetting!

Fish Tacos

[Post New]by karenlwuk on Jun 13, 14 11:34 PM
I'd like my 20 bucks please. Challenge vanished again

[Post New]by scrappymommyof3 on Jun 15, 14 1:50 PM
Artick wrote:I got some files corrupted message and suddenly I am no longer level 46. Everything is gone. Sigh...

I got that same thing and I am NOT happy! I just about had everything mastered!

[Post New]by scrappymommyof3 on Jun 15, 14 2:01 PM
scrappymommyof3 wrote:
Artick wrote:I got some files corrupted message and suddenly I am no longer level 46. Everything is gone. Sigh...

I got that same thing and I am NOT happy! I just about had everything mastered!

This is the second time this game has screwed up on me! I managed to get logged in with my email and it restored back to 45 but I was at level 57 and had mastered a bunch of the dishes and had my popularity up to 313 and now I have to start all over?!?!

[Post New]by tigerlilly0069 on Jun 16, 14 2:02 AM
power went out today, and my game reseted itself to the start. Everytime I try to go into the game it starts over again. I was at level 46! don't want to start over again...

arids
Guppy
Guppy
113 Posts

[Post New]by arids on Jun 16, 14 10:48 PM
completely understand that - I've just had the reset too - with the same corrupt file message... very very frustrating...!

[Post New]by tracymoses47 on Jun 17, 14 8:51 AM
HELP! I was on level 46 with several mastered recipes under my belt had saved over 500,000 coins and plenty of bucks then all of a sudden when i signed back in to play again my entire game progress had been lost. Is there anything that can be done for me to restore my game progress it put me back to level 24 when i was clearly on 46. CONFUSED AND UPSET!!!!!!!!!!

Edited on 06/17/2014 at 8:54:31 AM PST

[Post New]by mailil28 on Jun 22, 14 4:43 AM
Can't seem to be able to log in to email. I get the same response- email address recognized, but the password does not seem to work. I'm not logging in through my bigfish account. anyone encountered this before? I'm afraid to close the game in case my progress wil be lost. And it happened all of a sudden, too. I played for days and was logged in the whole time.

[Post New]by scottlauraj on Jul 5, 14 10:12 AM
OK so here we are, I bought green bucks and got nothing in my game I wrote a letter and got nothing in return. Then not more then two min ago I had three green bucks and went to make some sausage patties came back out of my mini game and the green bucks were gone.
NOt RIght at all please fix this

[Post New]by Margoo1977 on Jul 7, 14 12:36 AM
I see that a lot of other people have already mentioned this problem, but I figure maybe one more complaint couldn't hurt -

Made over 27000 fish tacos to meet the quota (of exactly 26,640), only to have the 20 dollar reward taken away.

This has apparently been happening for months, any plans for a patch?

JB4510
Guppy
Guppy
199 Posts

Possible Solution for Game Resets

[Post New]by JB4510 on Jul 7, 14 4:30 AM
Several people have posted regarding their games resetting and/or not getting credit for challenges or items sold. I have now experienced this myself, and in my case, have determined why and how to correct the problem.

This solution should work for anyone as long as you have an associated email and password with your game. I think many people are seeing the tutorial and freaking out, not realizing that if you play through, you can log-in and your game will automatically be returned to you.

My issue stems from the fact I play one game on both my PC and iPhone. Sometimes the information does not exchange correctly. For example, last night I met a daily challenge while playing on my phone, earning $16 bucks. When I opened my game this morning on the PC, the items sold were still in the oven and I had missed the challenge deadline.

To correct this problem, I first sign out of the game on the PC. Then open the game on my phone, and am offered two choices: “Use data from server” or “Use data on this device”. Because my goal is to ensure I get credited the $16, I choose “use data on this device”. Then I do one or two more actions on the game on the phone. I then exit the game on the phone.

When I re-open the game on the PC it appears as though it has been “re-set”. It starts from the very beginning. I am forced to play through the tutorial, (buying a cutting board, making radish, buying counter, serving radish, buying a table, buy a décor item, moving an item).

Once that is completed, I can then go to Options/Settings screen and log-in with my email & password. Once I do that the game instantly updates to where I left off.

Hope this helps!

Go to: