Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Off the Record: The Italian Affair Collector's Edition

[Post New]by mythicalclone1 on May 31, 14 10:40 AM
dlkings wrote:Has anyone experienced an issue when using the camera? I can't get it to work; the guide says to take picture of the stars in the bell tower, but not matter where I click nothing happens.

Yes! I'm playing the SE and the camera will not allow me to attach the zoom lens needed to snap a closeup photograph. I've tried everything. Looks like I just invested in a game with lots of problems.

Rguy
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Off the Record: The Italian Affair Collector's Edition

[Post New]by Rguy on Jun 14, 14 6:33 AM

Hi,
I'm on a Mac OSX 10.9.3, and I have played this game (The Italian Affair Collector's Edition) three times, and every time it stops me at the same place. I can't move any further in the game. I move the boxes and retrieve the locker handle. However, I can't remove the old fuse or place the new fuse. I'm dead in the water. Can you please help!!
Thanks!

avsutton
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by avsutton on Jul 5, 14 12:37 PM
This is the second Eipix game where I've run into problems, and I'm pretty sure it's the last one I'll ever buy.

The first time I tried playing it, the minute I hit the magnifying glass in the opening scene, everything faded out and no further action was possible. I deleted the game, downloaded it again, and created a new profile.

With the second profile, I was fine until I got to the museum. I got the numbers for Polo's return to Chine, the guy left the scene after giving me the pass, but the minute I hit the museum door with the magnifying glass, everything faded and although the map was active, any time I returned to the museum, I got the same fading out. I deleted the game (again), downloaded it for the third time, and created a third new profile

Which went along fine until I clicked the magnifying glass in the observatory tower. Guess what happened? If you guessed the whole scene faded out with no further action possible, you'd be right.

I'm playing on a MacBookPro, 10.9.3.

Are these problems coming from Eipix, and do they realize how buggy their games are?

Perhaps they will realize when people just stop buying them, as I will now do.

[Post New]by SubaruFrog on Dec 1, 14 9:42 PM
I found a fix for the fading at the boat fuse box scene. Move the game to the main users applications directory and it magically fixes the issue! *happy dance* Yay I can finally finish this!

Mac OSX 10.6.8
Mac Pro

[Post New]by Jaybee362 on Apr 23, 15 9:32 AM
I purchased the Italian Affair a couple of days ago. Now when I try to launch it all I get is a black screen on my iPad. Any help would be appreciated.

[Post New]by MsLark on May 24, 15 4:19 PM
I am playing on an iPad Air2 and have no sound. I tried restarting computer And reloading game; nothing seems to help.

Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Off the Record: reflections of life the tree of dreams

[Post New]by rambler87 on Jul 14, 15 2:45 AM
Hi. Could you help me - how to uninstall the game completely.
The first time there is no troubles but the second I could not find the leaves in any location and the owl are always missing except may be the location where wounded uncle is sitting.
I have tried to reinstall the game but it is always old account and old problems that I found. I.e. how am I to remove completely the program and the signs from registry windows?

Edited on 07/14/2015 at 3:02:33 AM PST

[Post New]by CatShannon on Nov 12, 15 3:45 PM
I played the first HOP at the table. I cannot collect the last item which is the Press Pass. If I move to other locations, the Hint puts me right back there. Anyone know what I need to do with it there?

Go to: