What daft things do YOU do?

rosiebvt
Manatee
Manatee
4,210 Posts

Re:What daft things do YOU do?

[Post New]by rosiebvt on Oct 18, 14 2:32 PM
I just found myself looking for Ginger Rogers in the antique store. Maybe she was looking for Fred Astaire?

bayouguy
Clownfish
Clownfish
815 Posts

[Post New]by bayouguy on Oct 18, 14 2:39 PM
Read Rosie's posts. LOL

rosiebvt
Manatee
Manatee
4,210 Posts

[Post New]by rosiebvt on Oct 18, 14 4:35 PM

[Post New]by Pinktoes2250 on Oct 18, 14 4:43 PM
I was messing around looking at my inventory. I had been hoarding my hopping tiger egg trying to get enough help tickets to craft it. Next thing I knew I had hit the wrong button and sold it. ARGH!! I'm still mad about that. Now I have a pink piggy and an owl egg but not enuff coins or unique stamps. Sigh.

rosiebvt
Manatee
Manatee
4,210 Posts

[Post New]by rosiebvt on Oct 18, 14 4:45 PM
We all have done something similar Pinktoes. Still waiting on the "are you really sure you wanted to sell that" button.

karatopa
Catfish
Catfish
1,550 Posts

[Post New]by karatopa on Oct 18, 14 4:52 PM
pinktoes I read your post i have a spare hoping tiger egg if you would like it no charge pm me with your friend code and i will send it if you put it on your list

Edited on 10/18/2014 at 4:54:29 PM PST

DragonRhia
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by DragonRhia on Oct 19, 14 1:24 PM
Rosie you make me LOL

My latest brain freeze moments are glass - glasses or horseshoe - horse figurine. I look at it quickly, think I got the right one and keep touching touching touching the *ahem* incorrect item wondering what's up with my kindle fire that it's not working right or something. Then I look again at the item listed and realize it's me.

Lilabelle
Clownfish
Clownfish
516 Posts

[Post New]by Lilabelle on Oct 19, 14 2:16 PM
I keep hitting on the corkscrew and wonder what is wrong when it does not disappear. The reason of course is because I am supposed to clear the the hook. Have just done this too many times to count.

[Post New]by lilredhood on Oct 24, 14 7:19 PM
I poke the elves in all of the scenes to get them to say all of their phrases

W123
Guppy
Guppy
115 Posts

[Post New]by W123 on Oct 24, 14 7:59 PM
My gaffe was to have someone gift me a Panda egg. I had an extra Pegasus egg that I wanted to gift to someone and accidentally sent them the Panda egg instead. They got both eggs. It took a long time before someone gifted me another Panda egg.

[Post New]by ReallyHelpless on Dec 2, 14 2:32 PM
How about when you prelocate everything in an HOS, then get a brain freeze just when you start so you can't find anything.

Or you keep poking at a flower you just missed as if you could bring it back by sheer force of will.

Ditto repeatedly poking at where an HOS object usually is, as if it will obligingly relocate for you.

Or how about cracking up when the bone is just below the belt in the Broken Statue . Well, these are just a few of my little foibles.

FudgeChi
Flounder
Flounder
2,380 Posts

[Post New]by FudgeChi on Dec 2, 14 2:46 PM
ReallyHelpless wrote:How about when you prelocate everything in an HOS, then get a brain freeze just when you start so you can't find anything.

Or you keep poking at a flower you just missed as if you could bring it back by sheer force of will.

Ditto repeatedly poking at where an HOS object usually is, as if it will obligingly relocate for you.

Or how about cracking up when the bone is just below the belt in the Broken Statue . Well, these are just a few of my little foibles.

Yep
Yep
Yep

drew248
Clownfish
Clownfish
870 Posts

[Post New]by drew248 on Dec 2, 14 2:53 PM
Lilabelle wrote:I keep hitting on the corkscrew and wonder what is wrong when it does not disappear. The reason of course is because I am supposed to clear the the hook. Have just done this too many times to count.

I Do The "Anchor/Acorn" Quite Often !

rosiebvt
Manatee
Manatee
4,210 Posts

[Post New]by rosiebvt on Dec 17, 14 8:19 AM
Last night I was one green card short of crafting my 3rd xmas pet so kept playing until midnight. As soon as the elf's daily quest changed I was able to get the card, craft the snowman, and got 3 achievements from it! I was up, so figured I'd finish a couple more HOS to gain an hour on today's play. Completely forgot that we were having a planned power outage to fix storm damage. 12:07 AM and everything goes away, lights, computer, snowman, a couple hours' progress, achievements....... I just got caught up. Save early, save often!

aleutcia
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
428 Posts

[Post New]by aleutcia on Dec 17, 14 9:47 AM
I have been doing more HOS than usual because of the Christmas goodies. I think this is why the other night I spent I don't know how long looking for the scorpion in the crypt. I thought I read it, even though I know the scorpion is not there.

I also am starting to put words together when I read them fast. I read fish skeleton and fairy and started looking for a fish fairy. Yikes!

rosiebvt
Manatee
Manatee
4,210 Posts

[Post New]by rosiebvt on Dec 17, 14 9:55 AM
aleutcia wrote:

I also am starting to put words together when I read them fast. I read fish skeleton and fairy and started looking for a fish fairy. Yikes!

Isn't that a mermaid?

sbaker2318
Manatee
Manatee
4,187 Posts

[Post New]by sbaker2318 on Dec 17, 14 10:44 AM
I just did that this morning!! Scanned the list fast.........saw "can.." looking, looking, looking for "candy".......looked at list again and realized it said "candle".

aleutcia
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
428 Posts

[Post New]by aleutcia on Dec 17, 14 10:47 AM
rosiebvt wrote:
aleutcia wrote:

Isn't that a mermaid?
Very good observation!!

SARAHBEE
Guppy
Guppy
181 Posts

[Post New]by SARAHBEE on Dec 17, 14 11:19 AM
I scan read the list as I am clicking, especially the castle scenes which I am so familiar with, then sit there looking for something I have already clicked but which I read before it disappeared from the list
Sarah Bee

susiewastaken
Salmon
Salmon
2,847 Posts

[Post New]by susiewastaken on Dec 17, 14 11:41 AM
I click repeatedly on the decorative wooden armrest thingy...it sure looks like the Buddha figure.

Go to: