aussieali
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Myths of the World: Of Fiends and Fairies Collector's Edit

[Post New]by aussieali on Jun 10, 14 2:03 PM
OMG THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for the tip about the note changing the ring!!!! It was driving me MAD and I'm loving this game so the thought of not being able to go any further because of a silly little glitch was maddening. Thank you SO much A happy player once again..and now back to my game.

Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Myths of the World: Of Fiends and Fairies Collector's Ed

[Post New]by Sunflower3668 on Jun 10, 14 5:27 PM
GRAVE STONE In cave.

You have to move 5 items onto the stone. Well I have found 2 eyes which wont stay put. You think they have until you move the Monacle away, and they are not showing. I have checked the guide and it does show 5 items, but I have only the two.

Is there a fix for this game, please.

This is the second time I have started the game, the other issue was the ring and that worked after I reloaded. It is only this evening I noticed a fix for that.

Thank you .. Great game if it works!

PC windows 7 Internet explorer 8

Edited on 06/11/2014 at 7:22:14 AM PST

LunaNik
Guppy
Guppy
126 Posts

Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Myths of the World: Of Fiends and Fairies Collector's Edit

[Post New]by LunaNik on Jun 10, 14 9:53 PM
There are issues with the cursor function, at least on my Mac running OS 10.6.8. It tracks extremely slowly and can't seem to find the sweet spot when clicking. I had to sort of home in on each area where I wanted to click, then click at least three times before it took. Annoying. I tried using both my trackpad and a mouse. Same issue.

[Post New]by AlphaLadywolf on Jun 12, 14 1:28 AM
I don't know if this would be considered a technical issue, but I have to hard click my mouse button on this game or soft click it multiple times. I also noticed that in all parts of the game (HOS, etc.) there are glitches where you click on the item multiple times, but get a message that it wasn't correct. Then finally, while clicking in the same spot you are able to select the object.
Just in case, I checked to see if it was my new MacBook Pro on other games and this is the only one I'm having a problem with. Sorry to complain, I get inflammation in my finger joints and doing the hard press on my mouse is more painful.
Is anyone else having this problem?

Thank you for the update that fixed the problems with the signet ring. You've got some great, unique ideas in place here

Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Myths of the World: Of Fiends and Fairies Collector's Edi

[Post New]by leapfrog0202 on Jun 12, 14 3:35 AM
bfgMurrumbidgee wrote:G'day,

I just wanted to drop by and let you know that we're aware of the trouble that has been reported, we've been working through the weekend to get this resolved and we hope to have a fix for all impacted players very soon.

bfgMurrumbidgee

Thank you!

mjhk1
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by mjhk1 on Jun 13, 14 12:08 PM
Got past the signet ring issue with the new download, but now the game just keeps crashing. It has happened 3 times, I can't get it to open without it crashing when I press "play". I am playing on a Mac OS 10.7.5. I've also restarted my computer and it still happens. Help!

[Post New]by aggie43 on Jun 13, 14 1:39 PM
Im being asked for a code every time I try to open this game anybody got any suggestions

Pemmy
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by Pemmy on Jun 13, 14 7:06 PM
This game keeps giving me multiple glitches - even after the update. Very frustrated. Solve one and the next one appears. Fun factor is zero when you can't progress thru the game! I've experienced all the issues mentioned above and now I have a jammed cursor. I've updated, re-installed etc and no joy. Now what?

[Post New]by darkthrone on Jun 14, 14 6:34 AM
Played demo with no issues paid for it downloaded now I've been waiting 12 hours for to install HELP or REFUND ASAP

Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Myths of the World: Of Fiends and Fairies Collector's Ed

[Post New]by blondie4116 on Jun 18, 14 3:52 PM
Faolin wrote:I am on a MacBook Pro, running Mavericks. I'm having the same problem as Eyereen. When I try to use my monocle on the canvas, it just goes all grey and nothing works except the map. I can click on that and go to another location and it's no longer grey and unresponsive. When I come back to try the monocle again, it goes grey again. I still have the new lens in my inventory. I've only played the demo and ran out of time before I could delete and reinstall the game.

I'm having this problem too. On Mac 10.7.5. Of course, after I bought the game. I'm stuck and can't go further. I hope they come up with a fix, as I really like the game so far. I had the same problem with Off The Record: The Italian Affair. I finally had to give up and get a credit on that one. Sucks!

Edited on 06/18/2014 at 3:53:18 PM PST

[Post New]by quietclayer on Jun 22, 14 11:19 AM
I made it through the game just fine. Lots of fun. Now I'm playing the Bonus. Have gotten almost to the end and can't get the cage piece from the HOP at the camp site.
Any suggestions?

[Post New]by quietclayer on Jun 22, 14 11:34 AM
Never mind. I just had to place the nippers over the knife in such a way that the gears appeared.

avsutton
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by avsutton on Jun 22, 14 4:02 PM
I'm having the same problem as Skeptix and Phoenix -- give the trapped owl to the tavernkeeper, click on the owl, get only a black screen over which I can endlessly drag the cursor which echoes on the screen. I'm using OS 10.9.3 on a MacBook Pro.

Yeah, I've uninstalled, emptied the trash, reinstalled, and it still doesn't work.

This is frustrating. Maybe the latest fix only works for Windows?

And I usually love Eipix, but at this point, I'm ready to toss my Mac out the window.

I'll keep checking back with BFG, see if there's a specific Mac issue and fix.

[Post New]by bigggdipper on Jun 29, 14 2:00 AM
items go invisable and the signet ring is good now thanks to littlemouse

Bonus Chapter Glitch

[Post New]by sarahh1278 on Jun 29, 14 7:20 AM
I can see that others have managed to finish the bonus chapter, but for me after I've gotten the children out of the cage and Gwen appears nothing happens. I checked out a "play-through" on Youtube, and it seems there should be a conversation between Rita and Gwen followed by a portal opening, but none of this happens for me. Has anyone else encountered this problem? I'm pretty sure it's a glitch, but just in case it's me, I have the locket, teddy bear and ribbon in inventory, was I supposed to do something else to trigger the transition?

Thanks.

Edited on 06/29/2014 at 7:21:06 AM PST

LunaNik
Guppy
Guppy
126 Posts

[Post New]by LunaNik on Jul 6, 14 11:59 AM
It was almost a month ago that I posted about issues with the Mac and mouse for this game. Nothing? No fix?

Posted on June 10th:
There are issues with the cursor function, at least on my Mac running OS 10.6.8. It tracks extremely slowly and can't seem to find the sweet spot when clicking. I had to sort of home in on each area where I wanted to click, then click at least three times before it took. Annoying. I tried using both my trackpad and a mouse. Same issue.

[Post New]by greengem418 on Jul 7, 14 11:26 AM
I see no update of this game in my BFG app. Not sure if I already have the updated version, but either way, I am still stuck in the Tavern with the monocle and the lens not joining. Will request a refund if I can't get past this section.

[Post New]by Liberty1234 on Jul 12, 14 11:10 AM
Signet ring worked for me on Mac OSX Mavericks by open, select note close with x, re-open select signet option with hand drag to ring close with x, reopen select note and push button. So far it has worked throughout the game, what a pain, but slows me down because I love the music and the game. My grand daughter will love this game but I'm afraid it might be to confusing (signet ring) for her.

Paminca
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by Paminca on Aug 25, 14 3:36 PM
Don't bother trying to use the "new build". Just did and and was told no updates availuble. I need to start checking for tech issues before I buy a game.

[Post New]by Donach on Nov 14, 14 11:09 PM
I hadn't advanced very far into Myths of the World: Of Fiends and Fairies Collectors Edition. It just stopped, not so far into the game.
Very disappointing. Dee or donach

Go to: