Donq47
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Rite of Passage: Hide and Seek Collector's Edition h

[Post New]by Donq47 on Jun 29, 14 10:25 AM
Stuck in the house like everyone else. The patch that was issued apparently didn't address this issue.

Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Rite of Passage: Hide and Seek Collector's Edition h

[Post New]by MadFrogEatFish on Jun 29, 14 7:29 PM
Also stuck in Angela's house. I played through this game already with no glitches, so I'm not sure why I'm having them now.

[Post New]by jbnorman on Jul 1, 14 4:17 PM
stuck in house, downloaded update but it didn't help

[Post New]by Dirigo on Jul 4, 14 10:47 AM
I'll start by saying I think Mad Head produces the best HOGs out there. It is unfortunate that this collector's edition of Hide and Seek has a fatal programming flaw.
Right before the climax no less. My best guess is that they didn't program the paper clue in Angela's room to open the assembly window no matter which order the 3 clues were found. I did visit a video walkthrough where the clues were found as follows:
1- robot 2- drawer- 3- dog in mouse hole. I don't see myself going through the whole game again anytime in the near future, but if anyone else who is stuck in Angela's room wants to give it a try, I'd love to hear the results.
thanks

[Post New]by sophiesauntie on Jul 6, 14 5:18 AM
Hi. When playing Hide and Seek on my Mac Pro tap to click does not work on the trackpad though it works fine for my other Rites of Passage games and everywhere else. Anyone have the same problem?

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Rite of Passage: Hide and Seek Collector's Edition

[Post New]by WilJul on Jul 7, 14 12:01 AM
sophiesauntie wrote:Hi. When playing Hide and Seek on my Mac Pro tap to click does not work on the trackpad though it works fine for my other Rites of Passage games and everywhere else. Anyone have the same problem?
Sorry, no I didn't, sophiesauntie, it worked fine for me. I'm on a MacBook Pro OS 10.8.5.

donald147
Lobster
Lobster
98 Posts

[Post New]by donald147 on Jul 7, 14 3:14 PM
I'm not nearly as far into this game as most of the other people who are having problems (just at the old mill). It was fine while I was playing the demo version but once I bought it, the scene transitions are awful. I get a black screen forever, and sometimes it goes to the desktop & the game's minimized.

Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Rite of Passage: Hide and Seek Collector's Edition

[Post New]by WeNdYisME on Jul 15, 14 2:42 PM
I am having a problem with the game going forward, I have to put a picture together in order to move forward, I have all pieces of picture, but it will not let me put it together.. please help.. I have seen that other people are having the same problem I am having... all we want to do is go to angela's house, be able to play the bonus game.. I have just spent money for .5 of a game.

Edited on 07/15/2014 at 2:50:06 PM PST

epundt
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by epundt on Jul 19, 14 4:14 PM
OK, once again, I'll go to the support team. I have left my problem on just about every tech support page that is listed. Once again. I'm on a MAC, i finished the HO that has the robot arm in it. The arm was laid out on a board and you are supposed to tighten the screw and solder the hinge before you can claim the arm and attach it to the robot. I can't screw or solder the hinges and there is no delete sign anywhere on the scene. I have deleted the game and am now playing under a different user name to see it that makes a difference. I know there is at least one other person that had the same problem but I've been unable to find her anywhere. Please, please some help me. I've been playing Big Fish game since 2007 or earlier and love it. Ok, Off to find the support team.Eileene

Masquerade32
Squid
Squid
64 Posts

[Post New]by Masquerade32 on Jul 21, 14 8:07 PM
In playing the demo, sound/music from the cut scenes seems to be missing. It really killed the atmosphere.

[Post New]by Shirlcat on Jul 25, 14 11:42 PM
I am on the first HOS at Greystone, and I can't slice the pear with the knife. What gives?

[Post New]by Ric_Flair on Jul 30, 14 10:17 AM
Not playing the CE, but wondering if anyone else has found that there is no sound during cutscenes? Everything else seems fine...

[Post New]by LuvDemGames on Aug 10, 14 6:28 PM
Is there a patch for this game? I am stuck in Angela's house and can't do anything.

[Post New]by Dirigo on Aug 13, 14 4:21 AM
Hi Luv, I have the same issue. The assembly window for the paper clues in Angela's room failed to open leaving me stuck. I have a suspicion that this is due to the order in which I found the clues. I was hoping someone with the tenacity to replay the game and pick up the paper clues as follows: robot-drawer-dog would give it a try and post back. So far, no luck. I started the game again and will post back if my theory is correct, but yeah, a patch would be nice.

[Post New]by patch1958 on Sep 2, 14 7:19 PM
I am in chapter 5 and the game is frozen. I am trying to play the mini game where I have to rotate the arrows to create a path to get to the next town. The arrows do not rotate, there is no skip button and clicking on the green check does nothing. Is there a fix for this or what am I doing wrong??? I am frustrated!! HELP!!!!!

Edited on 09/03/2014 at 7:03:38 PM PST

[Post New]by CLUELESS35861 on Sep 14, 14 6:44 AM
HAVE MADE IT THRU GAME WITHOUT ISSUE UNTIL HAVE CLIMBED THE ICE MOUNTAIN, ASSEMBLE PRISM, AND GIVEN A GONDOLA (I ASSUME) THAT REQUIRES ME TO "CLICK ON GREEN CHECK MARK, AND ORIENT ARROWS TO PASS". IT DOES NOT RESPOND, GREEN CHECK MARK JUST STATES WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN, NO PORTION OF "RED CIRCLE" S OR, ARROWS WILL RESPOND IN ANY FASHION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HAVE WRESTLED WITH IT FOR HALF AN HOUR.

[Post New]by pureoceanchild on Sep 19, 14 12:24 PM
Add me to the list of people that can't get past the cable car. The arrows won't rotate and there is no skip button for this puzzle. I thought I might have missed some bit of information necessary to proceed, but I can only go back one screen, so if I did miss something it's to late to get it.

Aerosage
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

[Post New]by Aerosage on Nov 29, 14 9:18 AM
Not quite certain, but I believe I may be having 'no-sound issues' in areas of the game. Let me explain. I noticed this occurrence during the first few chapters of Rite of Passage: Hide and Seek Collector's Edition. The one time I distinctly remember it happening was when the statue goes down into its base once you fully assemble the bracelet on its wrist. The sound was very faint. The other times I remember it happening is when you're in parts of the Rite of Passage GALLERY included in the 'Extras' section. Again, the one time I distinctly remember it is when you are assembling the picture of the first character in the cast, Victor Quade, only this time there was no sound at all. If this is 'normal' that's fine. Still, I wanted to present the situation just in case this is a problem. Thanks for your help in this matter.

jazzbuster
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by jazzbuster on Jan 25, 15 5:05 PM
many tech issues: suitcase on steps, red button does nothing, says it needs to be fixed first. Have found no fix except to add a spring, poles still sticking out. Have all 6 coupons for Souvenir Shop but nothing there will accept them. severa more.
?????
jazzbuster jelly

Go to: