HOS - Beating high scores

susielee
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

Re:HOS - Beating high scores

[Post New]by susielee on Jul 17, 14 12:43 PM
Fudge-chi, I think it's great that you like the challenge of trying to better your score. I like it too, but, I end up getting frustrated at myself when I don't make it. That I can't help, because I WANT to beat it every time. But the reality of it is that I can't, so there's no use in putting that pressure on myself. My blood pressure starts to go up, I start holding my breath and gritting my teeth.....LOL.......so, doggone it......it's just not worth stressing myself. I have a type A personality, I'm aware of it very much, and I just try to keep this a game and I've made seeing how many coins I can get my goal, instead of the highest score out there.
MSgirl

[Post New]by Duncan_14all on Jul 17, 14 12:53 PM
FishyFemale wrote:I guess I don't find them creepy because I have loved all the dolls from my childhood. And I love scary movies. Have any of you seen the movie "Dolls"? It's great. In that one, it will show you that your childhood toys will come to life and come after you if you disrespect them once you're an adult and no longer want them around. Bwahaha

Reminds my of Child's Play (1988) with Chucky, who was possessed with the soul of a serial killer. This isn't just a game, it's a horror game! Now I understand the coffins, vampires, spiders and other vermin (animal or human).

ekstra2000
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,357 Posts

[Post New]by ekstra2000 on Jul 17, 14 12:53 PM
I don't even try. I take a quick peek at the list, pick one object on it, and then continue in either a clockwise or counter-clockwise direction clicking on everything I know will be needed for the scene. I keep count...when I get to 20 of the 22 items, if I'm not spotting the last couple, I'll look at the list again to see which two items I'm missing. Since I already hit the max, I have more "fun" this way.

FudgeChi
Flounder
Flounder
2,380 Posts

[Post New]by FudgeChi on Jul 17, 14 12:53 PM
I had to Google Type A personality because I hadn't heard of it so thank you for that, I love to learn new things
NO, you mustn't stress yourself out like that and getting as many coins as you can is a much better and relaxed goal, not to mention, far more useful!!! Well done And you can't better your score every time of course. My first 2 or 3 rounds of HOS I take it easy too and just relax. After that I pick the odd scene here and there and go for it!

chris_2_4
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by chris_2_4 on Jul 22, 14 3:14 PM
I don;t get the scoring. After the last couple of updates my scores have dropped dramatically, and yet I have improved my timing somewhat. Now, instead of geting around the 290K mark, the best I seem able to achieve is 270 - once in a while hitting near 290, but also often getting just below 200!
Is there any rhyme or reason to the scoring?
(I too play for the goodies, but THAT CLOCK!! must beat it!

rosiebvt
Manatee
Manatee
4,210 Posts

[Post New]by rosiebvt on Jul 22, 14 5:00 PM
chris,
The timing is not the important part of scoring, the multiplier is. The more items you click in a row before the timing bar on the top left runs down, the higher the multiplier and the higher the score for that item clicked on. The first item has a multiplier of 1 and a minimum score of 1000. The second item is multiplier 2, min 2000, max 2999, etc. I can tell (from having done it hundreds of times!) that the score of 270,000 is because you missed getting the last item in the fraction of a second they allow you. The last item times out much faster than the others. Also, it seems that if you click on several items quickly, it will speed up the clock for the rest of them. I've had the most luck going for a steady pace, trying to get the harder items first, and getting the last 2-3 items in the same area of the screen. Once you watch the timing bar and multiplier a few times it becomes pretty obvious. Have fun, and try not to grind your teeth too much, that could mean an expensive dentist's visit!

chris_2_4
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by chris_2_4 on Jul 23, 14 1:49 PM
LOL
Thanks Rosie - that timing bar is insane. I am trying to ignore the score and focus on getting quicker and quicker, but I think my head is going to implode (possibly from over-teeth-grinding?)
Anyway- there is humour to relieve the stress - like the new Armoury having a humongous cotton bud! (really think that is another mis-label, like the "hatchet" for "meat cleaver" and "lilly" for fleur de lis - to name but a couple)
Best not take anything too seriously

Go to: