Coco157
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Fright Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by Coco157 on Jun 29, 14 9:44 AM
I'm having many if not all of the problems others have listed. First, the program runs so slowly that it's just not worth playing...couldn't get driver to Give me his badge, sound is horrible, so I turned it off...etc. and I too have bought games lately that functioned well during demo but would not run after purchase. I know times are hard, BFG, but first you withdraw onling tech support, then you issue more and more games that just aren't ready for primetime, then there are the obscure rules about using free game credits...very disappointing...I just hope you are continuing to be diligent about security issues. Sorry to be venting this here, but I don't know where else to put this general feedback.

Zhenya722
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by Zhenya722 on Jun 29, 14 10:18 AM
Liked the game for the few minutes I could play until it stopped completely. Voices and lips don't sync, and play if slow and jerky; no buy here.

[Post New]by RenaissanceMom on Jun 29, 14 11:06 AM
kboozer wrote:I didn't know where to put my reply....so here goes...this game is sooooo slow, making it impossible to play. I am so disappointed. I was hoping for a great game and got something entirely different.
Same here. It's actually so slow it's painful to play and I had to delete the demo from my manager.

[Post New]by Butterflyshrimp on Jun 29, 14 11:20 AM
I did a beta for this game and it ran smooth as silk. Purchased it yesterday. No audio (voices) after first line from motel owner; game stopped at the soft drink machine with Error Code 809..said another game was running, to quit that game or restart your computer, kicked me out of game back to my desktop (I wasn't running another game). Audio voices came & went until I gave potion to bus driver, then no audio for Betty in Room #2 & no audio voices throughout rest of main game. Uninstaled, got rid of all files, reinstalled, had the same problems at the same places but the soft drink machine worked this time. No audio voices throughout rest of main game. Uninstalled for 3rd time, reinstalled again. No audio voices in same places throughout main game, boxes refused to close out & jump map only worked partially, but it had changed to lines for jump map (which I couldn't use most of the game so stopped using the jump map). I played the main game 3 times yesterday & still couldn't tell you what this game is about. At first it was very slow, then it picked up so fast I didn't have time to read what anyone said. I haven't played the Bonus yet...was too busy installing & reinstalling trying to get the game to work. I downloaded from the BF site the first time, the GM the second time & back to the BF site the 3rd time (after uninstalling and deleting all files associated with the download for the game, but nothing helped..it got worse). Have yet to try to play the Bonus & will Edit this after playing (if it plays).

ETA: Finished the Bonus Chapter. Music was great but not one single audio voice over; got kicked back to desktop in a HOS-was told there was an error code but no code was given. Got stuck in the HOS where the seal wax & coal is. It REFUSED to let me use the coal on the seal wax, so was stuck there for 20+ minutes until the coal stayed on the seal. Was kicked out of that HOS back to Emma's room without finishing the HOS with no explanation. Had the same problem with the words going so fast I couldn't read them (I'm a speed reader). 1-2 seconds was all I had to read the lines. This is a quality game if fixed & I 'do' believe it was meant to have voice overs throughout the game. Emailing CS now for refund & will continue to do so for 'every' game that has glitches from now on. Good game but not worth the aggravation.

Using (New) Dell Windows 7 - 660 Inspiron; 64 BT; 3rd Generation Intel Core; 6 M Cache; up to 3.3 GHz; 1 TB

Edited on 06/29/2014 at 2:19:02 PM PST

didersham
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
409 Posts

[Post New]by didersham on Jun 29, 14 12:06 PM
Voices not always being heard. Sometimes no words to read for what they are saying. Glitch in movement of game. Screen went black in bonus game therefore I was not able to finish the bonus game. If they would fix these problems this is a great game and I would have given it a 5 star review!!

P.S. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling and it still did not help.

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Jun 29, 14 12:42 PM
I've just requested a refund. I was going to try to muddle through, but that's absurd. There's too much wrong with this game and that's too bad because it was interesting and absorbing.

FishyFemale
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,174 Posts

[Post New]by FishyFemale on Jun 29, 14 12:46 PM
LovetoMissLisa wrote:I'm having the same problems with sound. It has been almost a year...since put out a game...that didn't have bugs. Since the focus has been on the FTP games... has lost interest in putting out good games or fixing the releases...that have so many bugs & problems.

I don't play FTP games...can someone answer my question about FTP games? Do they get bugs and need fixes? And if so...does fix them immediately? Thanks!

I've been playing two of their FTP games and they're about 50/50 on fixing the glitches there too. Not timely at all in getting the audio glitches fixed in one of them and the current visuals in the other continues to plague many who are complaining in the forums. It just seems like their games in both FTP and other genres are being rushed out without adequate quality control being applied and it shows.

kgustavson
Clownfish
Clownfish
630 Posts

[Post New]by kgustavson on Jun 29, 14 2:19 PM
Same issue with the voice-overs which I was living with, but now bonus chapter has the search item list from the first HOS where the inventory bar should be!! The list won't go away so there's no way to proceed.

Brendansoma1
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

[Post New]by Brendansoma1 on Jun 29, 14 2:40 PM
My screen also went black in the bonus game, after I get the key for the room.
I deleted and downloaded the game and it still doesn't work . I hope this will be fixed real soon.

Edited on 06/29/2014 at 2:58:13 PM PST

[Post New]by NancySusan on Jun 29, 14 3:20 PM
I've played 38 minutes of the game, and only once had a weird voiceover stoppage (with the motel owner, briefly), but my problem is that I've exited the demo a few times to do things, and when I went back, the last action I had done wasn't saved. Something I'd picked up had to be picked up all over again and the second time back, I had to hand the bandage to the bus driver and hear his response to the VW driving back all over again. What's with that?

didersham
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
409 Posts

[Post New]by didersham on Jun 29, 14 3:43 PM
I have updated my video card, the adobe flash card and uninstalled and reinstalled various times. I still get a black screen in the bonus game. I am waiting to hear back from tech support. It is a shame, because this is such a great game!!

[Post New]by Tiranerex on Jun 29, 14 4:35 PM
dolilikestoplay wrote:
catbag8717 wrote:Sometimes there's a glitch in the voice-overs. The text appears and the lips move, but no sound comes out.

same problem here!

[Post New]by julesmarie on Jun 29, 14 4:43 PM
I really looked forward to this game, and up to now ( not finished it yet ) it seems good, but alas all spoilt by the sound, slow movements, so this has really spoilt it for me, .

I wanted to keep going, but with all the problems I haven't been able to get fully into it, I have read a previous post that the game makers are working on the problems, which is good, but not good enough to have to play the game from the start.

Feeling sad

[Post New]by EmmSeven20 on Jun 29, 14 6:33 PM
NancySusan wrote:... but my problem is that I've exited the demo a few times to do things, and when I went back, the last action I had done wasn't saved. Something I'd picked up had to be picked up all over again and the second time back, I had to hand the bandage to the bus driver and hear his response to the VW driving back all over again. What's with that?

They actually warn of this when you're about to exit. When I exited and saw the message that explains this, I could hardly believe it.

I'll accept intermittent saves on Xbox, but not for HO games. Too archaic and just downright weird.

Emm

lvbrule
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

[Post New]by lvbrule on Jun 29, 14 9:43 PM
mawhiteing wrote:Has anyone else had a problem with the scene where the Bus driver is on the ground offering you the Badge and once you take the badge, the game will not allow you to exit out of the close up? I managed to find a way out of the scene so I could use the badge and continue further into the game, but when I returned to the bus to help the driver...He was still Offering me the badge (even though I had already taken and used it) and I still couldn't get the inset to close.

Bus driver will not take the bandage no matter where I put it! Grr! Also voice stopping but dialogue shows. Then gutteral sounds.

SairBelle
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

[Post New]by SairBelle on Jun 29, 14 10:23 PM
I'm having issues with bus driver as well. He still looks like he's handing me they keys. When I try to give him the pain pills, it either does nothing, or just pops back into my inventory. I noticed the voice over was all screwed up with him, but that seems the norm for most games so I just ignored it. Finding a game that manages to sync voiceover, text, and video seems to be almost impossible.

[Post New]by smoorman76 on Jun 29, 14 11:49 PM
I am also having the problems with the voices, but what really bothers me is when I try to play the bonus chapter, it displays the find list for the first scene over the inventory and doesn't display the menu buttons at all.

sfr8rfan
Guppy
Guppy
196 Posts

[Post New]by sfr8rfan on Jun 30, 14 12:18 AM
I am playing on a MacBook Pro Operating with Mavericks, latest version.

Like EVERYONE? I'm having voice over issues. This is only an hour or so into the game. I'm disappointed because I love live action and when the voice overs were working I was impressed with the voice actors. Although the lip-synching wasn't great (and then, a non-issue, sadly) I thought the voice acting was pretty high quality.

I'm going to the bonus game now. I hope not to encounter further problems.

[Post New]by Weedance on Jun 30, 14 2:26 AM
BFGMCFFAN wrote:Finished the main game. Only a few conversations worked with voice overs. I would say 20 % worked, 80 % were just text and moving lips.
Also there's a bug with the inventory. Even if it's unlocked it won't go down.

Could have been a good game, but not with this bugs in it.

I got through the entire game with glitches - no sound on characters, which really kills the interaction. Then when I got to the Bonus Chapter, it became glitch city and eventually the screen went BLACK and I could not get it back. So I have now shredded it and reinstalling.

[Post New]by Weedance on Jun 30, 14 2:27 AM
smoorman76 wrote:I am also having the problems with the voices, but what really bothers me is when I try to play the bonus chapter, it displays the find list for the first scene over the inventory and doesn't display the menu buttons at all.
YES me also, and then it went black. I could get around the menu items thing by quitting and opening again.

Go to: