Re:Post your TECH ISSUES for Secrets of the Dark: The Flower of Shadow Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by minnie1950 on Jul 10, 14 7:49 PM
I finished mini game where u cut off monster heads to get the grate, did not give me the grate, tried exiting game 2 times. still not great cannot go ahead or go back, almost to the end, what now ?

Re:Post your TECH ISSUES for Secrets of the Dark: The Flower of Shadow Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by dpw2608 on Jul 12, 14 1:09 AM
The game keeps closing every minute or so. I have to bring it back up and hit resume? Whats wrong?

lizhot
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by lizhot on Jul 12, 14 7:15 PM
I also have problems with the magnet. I need recharging!!! I paid for this. Please help, tech!!!

[Post New]by beaudaciousdldy on Jul 18, 14 4:20 PM
Hi Fishies,

Reference to the magnet, there is a tiny piece of rope hanging from the stick of wood the nest is on. You have to put the magnet on that rope. I also shut off high quality and widescreen. I am using XP. I agree the guide leaves a LOT to be desired. The reason the hint keeps sparkling to the lower left is because the guide is there. It is a shame there is not a walkthru yet.

so far so good.

karen

PS: ref to the map buttons, just keep clicking it and it will take you to the place you want to go, if you are allowed there by the game. ie. the light green buttons.

Edited on 07/18/2014 at 4:24:52 PM PST

[Post New]by mcroft on Jul 19, 14 12:20 PM
Crashes on launch on Yosemite beta. Seems to have a flash dependency without actually testing for dependencies.

I won't rate it because I couldn't play it, but there are too many other games out there to bother with ones that crash.

rocess: Secrets of the Dark - The Flower of Shadow CE [7888]
Path: /Users/USER/*/Secrets of the Dark - The Flower of Shadow CE.app/Contents/Resources/.Secrets of the Dark - The Flower of Shadow CE.app/Contents/MacOS/Secrets of the Dark - The Flower of Shadow CE
Identifier: com.Orneon.Secrets of the Dark - The Flower of Shadow CE
Version: 1.0 (1.0.150)
Code Type: X86 (Native)
Parent Process: ??? [1]
Responsible: Secrets of the Dark - The Flower of Shadow CE [7888]
User ID: 501

Date/Time: 2014-07-19 14:18:50.399 -0500
OS Version: Mac OS X 10.10 (14A283o)
Report Version: 11
Anonymous UUID: 7AEA404C-7143-66D0-C882-667D4F0CEAFA

Sleep/Wake UUID: E25EB07C-2F60-4D58-9804-EBD2E0178594

Time Awake Since Boot: 140000 seconds
Time Since Wake: 1900 seconds

Crashed Thread: 0 Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)
Exception Codes: KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x000000000000044c

VM Regions Near 0x44c:
-->
__TEXT 0000000000001000-0000000000115000 [ 1104K] r-x/rwx SM=COW /Users/USER/*/Secrets of the Dark - The Flower of Shadow CE.app/Contents/Resources/.Secrets of the Dark - The Flower of Shadow CE.app/Contents/MacOS/Secrets of the Dark - The Flower of Shadow CE

Thread 0 Crashed:: Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread
0 com.macromedia.FlashPlayer-10.6.plugin 0x08be3e78 main + 59832
1 com.macromedia.FlashPlayer-10.6.plugin 0x08b509a5 FlashPlayer_10_2_159_1_FlashPlayer + 6309
2 com.macromedia.FlashPlayer-10.6.plugin 0x08bd51e8 NP_GetEntryPoints + 296
3 com.Orneon.Secrets of the Dark - The Flower of Shadow CE 0x00077934 CFlashHolder: etControlWindow(void*) + 434
4 com.Orneon.Secrets of the Dark - The Flower of Shadow CE 0x00006c9c CMainFrame::UpdateControlView() + 286
5 com.Orneon.Secrets of the Dark - The Flower of Shadow CE 0x00006d26 CMainFrame: edrawAllScreen() + 132
6 com.Orneon.Secrets of the Dark - The Flower of Shadow CE 0x0000383e TWindow::HandleEvent(OpaqueEventHandlerCallRef*, TCarbonEvent&) + 1086
7 com.Orneon.Secrets of the Dark - The Flower of Shadow CE 0x00004101 TEventHandler:

bryny
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
4 Posts

[Post New]by bryny on Jul 27, 14 10:56 AM
jdlane32 wrote:Vista here. No problems with slowness, but the magnet is a showstopper. When I use the hint, it highlights the area I found the magnet, so I'm assuming it hasn't updated the item in inventory, even though I have it. I've tried closing the game and restarting without any success. As there are others with the same problem, I'm hoping Big Fish will escalate this.

I have a similar problem, trying to pick up the button with arrow by the trailer and although the cursor picks it up it never appears in my inventory. When I go out and back in the location the button is still there. Unable to move any further in demo. Playing on HP laptop with windows 7. It is a bit slow in moving the objects in the inventory but the rest of gameplay and graphics are fine.

[Post New]by OstynsOwls on Jul 27, 14 11:28 AM
I really like the game but the magnet that is suppose to pick up the knife is not working and it won't let me go forward.
thank you, patricia

iamchani
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by iamchani on Aug 3, 14 2:41 PM
I am running windows 8.1 with only one problem so far. It won't finish the photo game. I put them in the right spot and nothing.
My graphics are great and it is not slow at all. I don't use my hint button because I like to play with a full challenge. I hate to skip the photo game but I guess that's going to be the only way to finish. I really don't like these games with all these problems. BFG should be more careful with choosing the games. I've been with BFG since the beginning and have only struggled lately with problem games.

[Post New]by Kaypazza on Aug 3, 14 3:48 PM
Went to butterfly island, map jumped back to mainland before finishing my tasks on the island and now I can't get back. There is no map jump to butterfly island on my map.

Re:Post your TECH ISSUES for Secrets of the Dark: The Flower of Shadow Collector's Edition her

[Post New]by Gummby3 on Aug 3, 14 4:05 PM
SeverineSnape wrote:
bonggamer wrote:HELP! how do I get back to the Butterfly Island. The map does not show it and every time I click on hint it says "I must press on" - press on where? Bummed as I was enjoying the game. I'm playing on OS Maverick MacBook Air.

thanks much in advance!
Once you've finished butterfly island and are back on the main land you can't go back. You shouldn't need to, though!

I'm in the same boat. I was on Butterfly Island. I had just had my device knocked out of my hand. Something glitched and I was back on the mainland. The plane is wrecked and I'm just told to "press on". I didn't complete anything on the island other than getting the money, the token and opening the gas tank.

Edited on 08/03/2014 at 4:08:26 PM PST

[Post New]by mauiflowerchild on Aug 14, 14 1:35 PM
Dragonfly577 wrote:I have had a few small problems, the pictures, even though in the right frames would not give me the item so I had to skip it, I am in th HOP in the pet shop and am stuck, it does not matter where i place / wave/ click the magnet, it will not pick up the knife so I can cut the crab loose to feed the lizard so I can get the other half of the star fish. Help!

Same issue here--Stuck ! Did you get past it?

Magnet in tank--answer to issues.

[Post New]by mauiflowerchild on Aug 14, 14 1:38 PM
beaudaciousdldy Said:

Reference to the magnet, there is a tiny piece of rope hanging from the stick of wood the nest is on. You have to put the magnet on that rope. I also shut off high quality and widescreen

thank you! going to try that Now!

will reply/post if it works

yes. Yes, YES! turned off wide screen and high quality and Poof! magic--worked w/o issue--thanks

Edited on 08/14/2014 at 1:49:18 PM PST

[Post New]by mauiflowerchild on Aug 14, 14 3:56 PM
lizhot wrote:I also have problems with the magnet. I need recharging!!! I paid for this. Please hel
Magnet in tank--answer to issues.
[Post New]by mauiflowerchild on August 14, 1:38 PM
beaudaciousdldy Said:

Reference to the magnet, there is a tiny piece of rope hanging from the stick of wood the nest is on. You have to put the magnet on that rope. I also shut off high quality and widescreen

thank you! going to try that Now!

will reply/post if it works

yes. Yes, YES! turned off wide screen and high quality and Poof! magic--worked w/o issue--thanksp, tech!!!

[Post New]by music91 on Aug 15, 14 11:05 PM
I also had to skip the photo puzzle, they were in the right places but it would not accept it.

And could not place the magnet in the pet store HOP so cannot go any further.

Please fix these bugs!

Devery
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

Re:Post your TECH ISSUES for Secrets of the Dark: The Flower of Shadow Collector's Edition he

[Post New]by Devery on Aug 17, 14 7:28 AM
Gummby3 wrote:
SeverineSnape wrote:
bonggamer wrote:HELP! how do I get back to the Butterfly Island. The map does not show it and every time I click on hint it says "I must press on" - press on where? Bummed as I was enjoying the game. I'm playing on OS Maverick MacBook Air.

thanks much in advance!
Once you've finished butterfly island and are back on the main land you can't go back. You shouldn't need to, though!

Had the same issue happen to me. Had completed a few tasks on Butterfly Island and then the game placed me back on the main map and I can't return to complete the rest of the tasks. There are no tasks remaining on the main map, or in walking through any of the areas.

Go to: