GEmory
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

Re:Post any Nightfall: An Edgar Allan Poe Mystery technical issues here only

[Post New]by GEmory on Jul 30, 14 12:19 AM
The game won't play!!!

I downloaded the game just fine. When I click on the icon or on the play button in GM, nothing happened. I tried to play another game, and it told me a game was already in progress. I closed my GM, and then tried another game and was able to play. I uninstalled and reinstalled the game--same problem.

So, I can play everything BUT NIghtfall. Very disappointed. I like the EAP games and was sure I would like this one too.

diamondgirlva
Minnow
Minnow
283 Posts

[Post New]by diamondgirlva on Jul 30, 14 1:45 PM
I have the same issue as above...all my other games play fine...this one just sits there like a lump and nothing happens...can't click on anything and have to Ctl Alt Del to quit.

[Post New]by AngelLabOwner on Jul 30, 14 8:12 PM
I installed the game today was able to play for about an hour then it shut my whole computer down. I uninstalled and tried again I was able to play for a few quests then it crashed. I am disenchanted with many of big fish games lately with tech issues and finding to play rounds 20 or more times to find 1 object is more than frustrating. I don't use credit cards and it seems that free play means you can play but if you don't want to be frustrated you have to buy starter sets or gold or crystals

[Post New]by lostoleman on Jul 31, 14 5:22 AM
I installed the game twice and it still won't let me connect to the server.

[Post New]by peanutrootsgal on Jul 31, 14 11:08 AM
This game jiggles from the moment I bring it up on the screen. It hurts my eyes so
I will probably remove it. We have a PC and are using Windows8. Anybody else
have this problem? I did try removing it and re-loading it to no avail. Constant
jiggling.

Peanutrootsgal

[Post New]by AngelLabOwner on Jul 31, 14 11:16 AM
well it happened again!!!! I was played after uninstalling and reinstalling for the third time when I reach the second group of prisoners. I capture them and bang. the computer is shut off. I restart then go to the game and I am happy to announce that I am back at the beginning!! JOY oh JOY I get to start all over again.

I am not a happy camper or gamer at this moment.

[Post New]by lostoleman on Jul 31, 14 3:47 PM
it sure would be nice to try and play this game still can't get connected to the sever

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jul 31, 14 9:00 PM
After the last update, everything was fine.

However, I have now reached level 22, and since towards the end of level 21, whenever I was finished with a HOS, the game didn't go to the next section, but hang around for several seconds, until it went straight back to the main scene.

I have now just finished getting rid of more werewolves, after which I got my first white-coloured list/names in the Hidden Object Scene, after which I did get to the next section, which was completely white - just the way it was before the update.

I stopped playing, and didn't do any more HOS, because I worry that it will mess up the game even more. I was lucky that this time, when I exited the game, the GM did not turn blank, as it did the last time, but came back looking normal.

--- --- ---

So for now I won't continue with the game until another update is available.

[Post New]by AngelLabOwner on Aug 1, 14 5:51 AM
it has done it again and today I was able to play only1 mission. I am so ready to get rid of all my bf games

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Aug 1, 14 8:45 PM
I am very happy to report that I took a chance and entered the game, and today everything is back to normal. The white pages are gone again, and the game runs more smoothly than it did yesterday as well.

Maybe there is the odd spot in the game where there is a bug/glitch and these things come up, but get back to normal when you get past those?

warmbear
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by warmbear on Aug 4, 14 1:29 AM
I have recently installed this game, and I am getting the dreaded black/blank screen.

My video drivers (and everything else) are up to date. Win 7 64 bit.

warmbear
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by warmbear on Aug 5, 14 1:29 PM
I see any number of problems, but no responses from BFG or the developers.. Not so much as an acknowledgement.... SMH

diamondgirlva
Minnow
Minnow
283 Posts

[Post New]by diamondgirlva on Aug 6, 14 7:19 AM
I have downloaded this game and I am at the map screen and I can not proceed to anywhere else. None of the bottom items are clickable and to quit the game I have to use task manager. Can't locate where I am supposed to go on the map ...nothing works. All my drivers are up to date etc. I am on a brand new computer running windows 8.
Thanks for any advice.

hiramsmom
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by hiramsmom on Aug 6, 14 8:24 AM
Sorry to hear so many are having all kinds of issues!!!!!!!!! I have been playing for a few weeks now (level 31 ) and the only issue I have had and just had it again is the all white background. The last time it happened is when I caught the mummies-this time I caught the MADMEN. The problem does seem to happen whenever there is something extra to kill,catch or shoot ie. werewolves, mummies,madmen, and in the beginning the zombies gave everyone a problem!!!!!!!!!!!! HINT HINT DEVS. Do you see a trend here!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just saying

JanRG
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

[Post New]by JanRG on Aug 6, 14 2:47 PM
warmbear wrote:I have recently installed this game, and I am getting the dreaded black/blank screen.

My video drivers (and everything else) are up to date. Win 7 64 bit.

I have been having the same problem, saying display stopped responding and successfully recovered Intel graphics. Have windows 7 64 bit. I have a software contract with Dell, and they spent overs 2 hours making sure everything was updated, Adobe, Shockwave, Java, Intel graphics card, followed BF Technical on black screen, you name it they did it. Bottom line can't fix problem. We did a Dr. Fleix so now it's up to the dev's. Interesting that I now have the same problem with Awakening Kingdoms, where I never had the issue before, and didn't have any problems with the update until days later. Just so happens, both are F2P.

Tee_Rex
Guppy
Guppy
130 Posts

[Post New]by Tee_Rex on Aug 7, 14 1:31 AM
I'm becoming increasingly annoyed byt the long delay between scenes.
EACH TIME change from one scene to the other (either playing a HOS or just going to the office, or exiting the office back to the map), it takes from 30s to a full minute with that clockwork image in the screen, and sometimes before the clockwork appears there is a little freezing on the previous scene.
30s to 1 minute might not sound like much, if it was a one time thing, but when you think we move around constantly, change from one scene to the next, it reallyannoys. Especially when we think that the time we can effectively play rarely goes above some roughly 15min. It feels like I spend more time waiting for something to happen (like the next scene to load on the screen) than actually playing.
That and the fact that the energy bar refills WAY TO SLOWLY, and the few amulets for energy i've come across so far do a very poor job at helping it significantly. And then comes the problem that any meager refill we get from food that you can buy with coins (since we never get enough diamonds even to buy the clothes) are so absurdly expensive and give so few energy that in no time you run out of coins and out of energy. And the tasks we do for all the characters pay a shamefully meager reward too. Most of them give you only 50 coins once the task is complete, but often you have to do more than one search (sometimes several), which takes up a lot of energy, but 1 croissant costs 500 coins and gives you only 30 points of energy, which at the point i am at now, is only enough for one single search (a few rooms still require 25 energy points, but most are at 30 energy points per search).
So yes,I am getting very frustrated with this game. The game has everything to be super nice, but this discrepancy between what you give and what you get makes things close to impossible to enjoy, And the delay between scenes just adds to the frustration. Sad that they chose to manage things in such a way.
Sorry for the rant.
On the other hand if we don't mention the problems with the game that frustrate us or hinder the gameplay, how would they know what to fix?
So, in the hopes that they do care and want us to have a nice time with the game, here are my two cents.

[Post New]by Ballycarry on Aug 9, 14 8:03 AM
I am playing on a pc, can only play the game once and then goes to a 1/4 .Makes it very hard to see the screen.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Aug 9, 14 8:16 PM
Oh dear... I just reached level 25, and one of the quests was to find an iron to dry out a letter. And when I entered the Laundry to find the iron, I got a white inventory list again, and the next scene after that was white as well.

I think there are certain places in the game which are missing the odd something or other in the programme to give this glitch. I just find it strange that only 2 other people have mentioned white pages.

[Post New]by Takara_Soong on Aug 9, 14 11:10 PM
This isn't a technical issue but someone really needs to proofread the dialogue without depending on spell check. An example is "vocation" being used instead of "vacation". I've noticed a number of other spelling errors as well.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Aug 10, 14 12:34 AM
I agree with T_S. Too many people rely on a spell check, when all that does is check whether a word is wrongly spelled. But there is an advance system - if the devs have it - whereas you can also make sure that the word used actually belongs in that particular sentence.

Go to: