Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Dead Reckoning: Silvermoon Isle Collector's Edition her

[Post New]by Takara_Soong on Jul 14, 14 12:25 AM
Like the people in the End of Story thread (http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/288271.page) I can't get the handcuffs to go away so I can finish the game.

PC - Windows 8.1

Edited on 07/14/2014 at 12:25:41 AM PST

Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Dead Reckoning: Silvermoon Isle Collector's Edition he

[Post New]by blondie4116 on Jul 14, 14 1:04 AM
Phoenix1123 wrote:At the conclusion of the scene when speaking to the maid in the servants quarters after I play the HOG scene on the box she is holding, the screen goes black, and the cursor echoes all over. This is the identical problem which occurred in the last few EPIX games. That and freezing in a scene. They need to fix these issues. The last 3 out of 4 EPIX games I have purchased have had either one or both of these issues, and have NOT yet been fixed. iMac OSX 10.9.4; 1tb HD; 16MG Ram; all JAVA and Adobe executables are current.

Edited to correct typo

I'm having the same problem. Mac 10.7.5. I have had issues with the last 2 or 3 Epix games I've purchased.

didersham
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
409 Posts

Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Dead Reckoning: Silvermoon Isle Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by didersham on Jul 14, 14 12:01 PM
I was having a problem with the screen going black for a few seconds, before going to the next scene. I just now uninstalled and reinstalled a game I own ( Fear for Sale: Sunnyvale) and I am having the same problem with this game. It did not do that before when I played it, so it does make me wonder if there is not a virus in this game?

Windows 7, PC

I updated everything two weeks ago when I was having tech problems with the game Fright.

Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Dead Reckoning: Silvermoon Isle Collector's Edition her

[Post New]by undrgrndgirl on Jul 14, 14 6:40 PM
game won't install. i ordered and installed two other games at the same time with no problems. pc, windows 7, graphics, directx, etc all up to date.

Edited on 07/14/2014 at 6:41:20 PM PST

makendu7
Minnow
Minnow
222 Posts

Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Dead Reckoning: Silvermoon Isle Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by makendu7 on Jul 15, 14 5:34 AM
I too have the "End of Story" problem. The handcuffs glitch and won't go away, so I can't end the game. Running Windows 8.1.

Please post your TECH ISSUES for Dead Reckoning: Silvermoon Isle Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by angles4 on Jul 15, 14 12:17 PM
pondprowler wrote:A thread for your tech issues!

(Please note: I am not a BFG employee or a tech expert, I'm just posting this thread to help give a place for people having trouble to post their issues. Instead of PMing me with your questions, which I probably can't answer, please POST YOUR ISSUE or questions in this thread!
Thanks!
~pp)

shanyem
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

[Post New]by shanyem on Jul 15, 14 1:07 PM
I played the game for quite a while - saved, played more, etc. Just tried to play again and as the file is loading to start the game, it says the saved game file is unusable and that I have to start a new game. I have a Mac - 9 months old and have NO problems at all with it. This happened AFTER I purchased the game. It seems that MANY problems occur at this time but RARELY if ever before purchase.

[Post New]by angelofmusic62 on Jul 15, 14 1:15 PM
Not sure if this is a change made by Big Fish, but I noticed the last few demos I downloaded come up as "no info" instead of the usual "safe" message from my security program.

Showgirl25
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

[Post New]by Showgirl25 on Jul 16, 14 2:34 AM
How do I get the medical thread to help the doctor. As soon as I click on the box, nothing happens. I can't even back out of the scene and the hint button is no help at all. I have tried quitting the game and restarting with a new profile but the same thing happens. I am using a Macbook 10.6.8.

Edited on 07/16/2014 at 2:36:32 AM PST

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Jul 16, 14 5:21 PM
Had absolutely no problem until I got to the bonus round and even worse in the extras. I had to keep restarting in bonus, but try to get the last souvenir and it won't do it. Refuses to return to the area it is in. Was a nice game, but not happy right now. Off to complain to the tech!

shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

[Post New]by shorenuf on Jul 16, 14 5:46 PM
shanyem wrote:I played the game for quite a while - saved, played more, etc. Just tried to play again and as the file is loading to start the game, it says the saved game file is unusable and that I have to start a new game. I have a Mac - 9 months old and have NO problems at all with it. This happened AFTER I purchased the game. It seems that MANY problems occur at this time but RARELY if ever before purchase.

Same here, but I only played once, had 5 minutes left in the demo. Restarted the demo and got the corrupted profile message. Playing on a 9 month old 27" iMac running Mavericks 10.9.4. (I have no purchased the game -- thought I might because of the sale. )

[Post New]by mistsuu on Jul 17, 14 7:27 AM
Got stuck in the bonus chapter while clicking the drawer inside the boat. I'm using Mac 10.9.4

kaitlinn
Minnow
Minnow
212 Posts

tech issue: camera disappeared (dead reckoning silvermoon isle)

[Post New]by kaitlinn on Jul 20, 14 9:31 AM
I just started the game and I tried to use my camera in the lighthouse and it disappeared from my item list. I am thinking I should start over as I assume it will be needed sometime. Anyone else have this problem? Or did anyone else use the camera for something?

ibn1984
Guppy
Guppy
107 Posts

[Post New]by ibn1984 on Jul 21, 14 1:28 AM
I have installed the updated version of this game, and I am not able to play the EXTRAS. After completing the Bonus Game, when I click on the the Extras for the Stars, or the Souvenirs it will not load. The screen says loading, but never does. I have uninstalled, and re-installed, but still nothing.

joancast
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by joancast on Jul 22, 14 5:05 AM
I cannot get the bookmark out of the diary which keeps me from opening the medicine cabinet so I can't get the wick for the lamp in the servants quarters. Can anybody help?

j62janet
Clownfish
Clownfish
638 Posts

[Post New]by j62janet on Jul 30, 14 12:17 PM
The game crashed on me, so no way will I buy it now, it's a shame, the game looked good, remove the tech issue, and members will buy it BFG

darkhalf01
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

cables in puzzle not working

[Post New]by darkhalf01 on Aug 13, 14 11:13 PM
I'm doing the puzzle near the lighthouse with the cables and fuses, the third red cable won't connect. I've reset and tried it different ways but won't work.

RichardIII
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by RichardIII on Aug 25, 14 3:03 PM
Hi gang. I have an iMac 2010, running OSX 10.9.4 with a 2.93 GHz Intel Core i7, 8GB of DDR3 and a 27" screen and a 1TB hard drive. I have started this game twice now and both times after several (not sure how many) times playing and quitting, I eventually get an error message saying the save game file is corrupt and cannot be loaded, please start a new game! Needless to say, twice is enough, and if you folks do not have a fix for this, could I please have a credit (2 actually since it's a collectors edition).
Thanks

Go to: