Seniors

taylormade66
Guppy
Guppy
140 Posts

Re:Seniors

[Post New]by taylormade66 on Jul 17, 14 10:22 AM
Wow! This forum is so exciting for me. Thought at 60 that I was one of the oldest playing. Glad to see I'm not. Had my parrots for 20 years and figured they were older than most of the MC people.

I would invite you all to be friends but my social page hasn't worked for over a month (started that "PLEASE UNFRIEND ME" forum). I can't invite or do gifts right now but when they fix it, I'll be sure to invite you all! And Rosie and Duncan definitely belong.

Just a tip - I was having a hard time finding small things so I bought a big monitor. No, it wasn't expensive cuz Dell sells refurbished stuff and my income is kind of limited. It's amazing how much better you can see things. Those flowers just pop !!! The bad part is I play so much and think I'm gettting carpal tunnel....so I bought a wrist splint. Must be carpal - can't be arthritis.

Hmmm...names for the senior group: Geezer Regiment/Gray Legion/Fossil Battalion/Geriatric Cavalry/Snow Soldiers/Senior Squadron/Army of Ancestors/Midnight Matriarchs (for the ladies)/ Patriarch Patrol for the guys. The list could go on forever.

bfgWendwater
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,911 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWendwater on Jul 17, 14 10:48 AM
Hey All,

I'm glad to see that you're all having a great time posting in this thread!

I think this is a great way for seniors to discuss the game and trade Friend Codes, so I have gone ahead and added it to our Helpful Links for Midnight Castle thread.

Happy posting!

bfgWendwater

karatopa
Catfish
Catfish
1,550 Posts

[Post New]by karatopa on Jul 17, 14 1:04 PM
i am 63 years young and enjoying reading your thread have been playing about 5 months on level 22 now enjoying game despite glitches hi everyone

[Post New]by Duncan_14all on Jul 17, 14 1:09 PM
Wow!

Thanks for the honour of being a junior-member of the Senior Club, and even bfgWendwater (how old/young should she be?) reads the thread and made a link to this thread.

Thanks Sharlene and Rose for standing up for me.

charlieisr
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,323 Posts

[Post New]by charlieisr on Jul 17, 14 2:02 PM
COME ON DUNCAN YOU KNOW WE LOVE YOU. DON'T WE ROSE.

Gemmam77
Clownfish
Clownfish
511 Posts

[Post New]by Gemmam77 on Jul 17, 14 3:16 PM
I'm in my 60th year so do I qualify for the seniors club, I'm loving Midnight Castle, I have medical/memory problems and the game has really helped with my memory and concentration issues, stuck on level 29 waiting for the IOS upgrade.

[Post New]by tigress1_2u on Jul 17, 14 3:19 PM
Duncan_14all wrote:Wow!

Thanks for the honour of being a junior-member of the Senior Club, and even bfgWendwater (how old/young should she be?) reads the thread and made a link to this thread.

Thanks Sharlene and Rose for standing up for me.

(POUT POUT)Duncan I stuck up 4 u 2

BTW: I am a female just in case you all didn't know In our native tongue it has a meaning to do with the stars!!

Aaron

NeenaL
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

[Post New]by NeenaL on Jul 17, 14 3:40 PM
Gemmam77.....why not, and as for the memory and concentration....uh.... I suffer from some of that myself and of course aging has nothing to do with it! Wink,wink... My occupational therapist was recommending hand, eye coordination exercises on PC and took MC in and who knew, it's now recommended in my neck of the woods. I knew there were several aging boomers out there and now even recognized by the powers that be, BFG...Honored, honored!! Happy gaming you gracious grey gaming gang!

MissVHen
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by MissVHen on Jul 17, 14 4:16 PM
Omg I am a senior to and love this game!! I'm new to the game at level 20. Please add me to your friend list -- friend code i392629.
I need (35) postcards to craft pets. And (1) unique stamp.
Thank you

rosiebvt
Manatee
Manatee
4,210 Posts

[Post New]by rosiebvt on Jul 17, 14 4:27 PM
Hi, MissVHen,
FYI, there are threads in the forum for getting friends, but IOS and PC can't friend each other. Check out the Helpful Links thread stickied to the top of the forum. That also has a lot of other info on the game.

mamarose1900
Flounder
Flounder
2,190 Posts

[Post New]by mamarose1900 on Jul 17, 14 5:52 PM
It's great to find this thread. I don't have any "friends" because I never figured out how to find friends from inside the game. I've not been playing nearly as long as many of you. I'm only on level 11. But as a 60-year-old, I definitely qualify for this group. My friend code is 255470. I'll be contacting you all with invites and sending gifts. I have a whole bunch piled up with nowhere to send them.

Edited on 10/23/2014 at 6:46:06 AM PST

rosiebvt
Manatee
Manatee
4,210 Posts

[Post New]by rosiebvt on Jul 17, 14 6:39 PM
mamarose,
Don't be too quick to give away your inventory, you'll be needing just about everything eventually . Welcome to the forum.

Hildeguard
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by Hildeguard on Jul 17, 14 7:26 PM
I am 71 and on level 30. I try to stay one level behind the update so I always have new places to go when one comes up. I hope I qualify for the senior club.

Going around and round the hos, 6x's just today. My washer broke down so instead of doing laundry I am playing my game, yeah me. Monday I get a new washer so laundry again yuck. And life goes on.

My friend code is 250003 if you would like to friend me. I try to keep up with gifting as best as I can.

Seniors rule, youngsters drool. lol

[Post New]by FishyFlyTyer on Jul 17, 14 9:42 PM
Been playing so much that I had to find my wrist brace. I have found that playing HOS games really helped with my focus issues after a detached retina. Very therapeutic, not to mention relaxing and a lot of FUN.
When I need a break from trying to find the thimble, tooth, stick etc. I love to read the forums.
How about GOLDEN GAMERS taylormade66????

NeenaL
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

[Post New]by NeenaL on Jul 17, 14 10:22 PM
Ahhhh a detached retina..... My husband went thru that abt 3 yrs ago, 2 major surg later he has most vision with exception of a middle spot which he says looks like a check mark, like the ones when we need to open/unlock a HOS!
Sounds like you are doing really well! Now you may have to get a touch screen so you can hang your wrist brace up!!
Happy Gaming FishyFlyTyer!!!!

Golden Gamers sounds pretty good!

[Post New]by FishyFlyTyer on Jul 17, 14 10:58 PM
Yeah NeenaL, everyone said I was very lucky to be able to see out of my right eye, considering they had to fly me to Edmonton, Alberta for emergency surgery. It's been two years now and the double vision has been steadily decreasing.
Wish I'd had a touch screen the other day when my mouse died !!

Gemmam77
Clownfish
Clownfish
511 Posts

[Post New]by Gemmam77 on Jul 18, 14 2:08 AM
NeenaL,
Very very happy and honoured to be accepted into the seniors.

rosiebvt
Manatee
Manatee
4,210 Posts

[Post New]by rosiebvt on Jul 18, 14 6:33 AM
FishyFlyTyer wrote:
Wish I'd had a touch screen the other day when my mouse died !!

Ditto - It happened right as I had a chance to get a high score on one of my worst HOS too! Good thing my husband wasn't in the room, he would have wondered if I'd lost my mind!

bunnygal
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by bunnygal on Jul 18, 14 8:10 AM
LOL I gotta laugh at all of you....of course, who else has all the time in the World, and not-so-much-money?
Ok, I just turned 63 a couple of months ago....and I am on Level 25.
I don't even wear my glasses when I am on the computer!

I have to say, I have a lot of friends....keeps me gifting for sure; but if you write me maybe I will tell you my Friend code. (I keep a small notebook next to my computer, to score gifts etc) In my house, we call it 'my brains'! LOL

In the game, I'm called "Lady Diane".
I had 2 pet rabbits that lived 13.5 years and 14.5 years...they were from the same litter, brother & sister; and neutered & spayed--never bred. That is something of a record for longetivity of rabbits, I might add. Never had my own children, just the furry ones....

Just got back on, after having back surgery last week...
So Friends, please be patient....I will return your gifts....

rosiebvt
Manatee
Manatee
4,210 Posts

[Post New]by rosiebvt on Jul 18, 14 8:18 AM
Welcome back, Bunnygal,
Glad to hear you're doing better. No worries about gifting back, you've got a good excuse!
BTW thanks for adding another name to my cross reference. I keep forgetting who in the forum is who in the game, so I finally started to keep a list in my gifting spreadsheet. That way I can PM people if I've got something I think they can use. I used to know probably half of my game friends from the forum too, but the old gray cells aren't quite what they used to be .

Go to: