Sharing tips

Re:Sharing tips

[Post New]by HorseDancer1 on Nov 14, 14 6:15 AM
When playing the AI gambling games, if you are trying for the prize tokens you can bet 5 instead of 10. The Topaz game only gives you 2 tokens, so you will get them all with the bet of 5.

Then you have 2x the chance to win. If you are playing for anything else, that doesn't make sense, except now I need 3 puzzle pieces to complete the puzzle, so it works for that, too.

Happy Whacking!!

Edited on 11/14/2014 at 6:16:51 AM PST

Discus3
Minnow
Minnow
238 Posts

[Post New]by Discus3 on Nov 15, 14 7:46 AM
I just visited Sasha's house and found another nice surprise.

That's three!

[Post New]by HorseDancer1 on Nov 16, 14 7:55 PM
Well darn, I will have to try again! Glad you are having good luck!

I just tried again and found nothing. Did you find the nice surprises in the same place as you found the first 2? I am wondering if it regenerates or if it is a one time only deal?

Edited on 11/17/2014 at 5:43:26 AM PST

[Post New]by HorseDancer1 on Apr 1, 15 9:40 AM
Another tip for those of you using the VIP feature. I used my extra energy pack this morning and then noticed I was not getting the upgraded quest packs. So I went in and purchased another 14 days of the energy pack. I could not use it today, so there is one day wasted.

Also the VIP Daily quest reset works only once, not for 14 days like all the other VIP bump ups.

Good luck!

OOPS, this did not show up in my browser, so I started a new discussion on tips. Sorry folks, this did not look like it posted until I reloaded the page.

Edited on 04/01/2015 at 9:45:15 AM PST

Kittypurrrs
Herring
Herring
389 Posts

[Post New]by Kittypurrrs on May 15, 15 2:25 PM
Although I am still a "new", I have tips to share.

I love to fish, so I like to find the "best" area. I am unsure if the best area is the same for everyone, especially as I have had better luck at one place, yet see some high lvls fishing at their same favourite spots which seems to bring them more trophy fish. (I cannot yet attain)

So, at lvl 78, unable to use meaty bait that really high levels use, here is some strategy to try for those of us with lesser type bait.

When Amicus Isle (AI) has really low levels of doubling fish probability, consider using the fish spot that you may have nearest you or ranch spots. The wait times are sometimes shorter. (EG The upper evergreen forest was 6 to 10 seconds) whereas AI can average 11 seconds but , AI is worth the wait when you have higher % chances of double energy. This also means more opportunity to catch the items each fishing hole offers. http://bushwhacker2.wikia.com/wiki/Fishing

There are good "spots" (fishing holes/circles) that make the fishing areas better on AI. (Remembering your chances of junk doubles as well ... and I have caught as many as 7 in a row, some doubled while experimenting) if you get a couple of junk, move to the far side of that area and fish. If you get more junk, move to another area.

I have had areas where the good spots also come in multiples, so if you find a good area with lots of good spots stick with it. (when you leave, the areas reset so may not be a good spot when you return) There does seem to be a time when each spot dwindles back to more junk, so when it does, move on.

You can "push" fishing areas. EG: If you find that a certain number of good spots are on the left, work right to left to move the fishing spots to the good area, so you can increase your chances of getting the best fish.

If you are fishing for a long time, a cheaper strategy for lower levels with less gold is to use "best gold" bait, as you will still get energy fish, and how many fish you get in each area can also be pretty good indication of your best area.

Having said all of that, it is random. Some days I got as few as 70 energy doing every single spot on the Island, or 150 energy in one area alone. When low amounts of fish are obvious, and junk too plentiful, do a refresh and hope for better randomness! (The refresh courtesy top fisher, pikachu1980) Changing Isles does not reset fishing holes.

Have fun and Good Luck Fishing!

Edited on 12/16/2015 at 12:04:30 PM PST

Kittypurrrs
Herring
Herring
389 Posts

[Post New]by Kittypurrrs on May 15, 15 2:30 PM
Discus3 wrote:Hi rob_nobody and all,

Thanks Rob for posting that tip about blocking garden plots. I would have gotten a round tuit sooner or later maybe. Be sure none of your companions get blocked in if you block garden plots. They can squeeze through tiny spaces.

Here's another tip for anyone who may not have noticed it. I wasted a lot of money when planting until I noticed Cancel at the bottom of the screen. Never knew what to do with those last seeds after planting the last plot - so I ate them! Hope this helps someone.

One more tip. If you get the swimming pool for the ranch and do not have enough land cleared, it will fit in front of your house. Also will fit inside your house - an indoor swimming pool is awesome!

Good luck everyone.

When you are switching seeds you can use cancel, or simply click the ground next to the plot to cancel the seeds, then switch seeds to plant a new crop. (For me it seems faster, especially during the spring event planting)

EDIT: Sigh... I just realized that you meant you can click on your character to "eat them." Duh!

Edited on 07/06/2015 at 2:40:59 PM PST

Kittypurrrs
Herring
Herring
389 Posts

[Post New]by Kittypurrrs on May 19, 15 6:08 PM
I will use another person's hint here, in it's entirety. rob_nobody posted this last year in an evergreen forest post and it is an excellent hint, being you need to do the hermit quests only in the evergreen forest:

[Post New]by rob_nobody on Dec 28, 14 3:26 AM
I don't think it's a 'necessity' to finish the Evergreen Forests (EF).

I left fields incomplete there on purpose and returned once a day for the hermit quests, which you can only fulfill in the EF, for the longest time.

If you did the same it might not feel like a complete waste of energy hunting down those items.... Good luck!

Edited on 12/28/2014 at 3:27:42 AM PST

*Addendum: Nates quest in the dense forest also works for hermit quest, as do the 2 Secret bonus areas so perhaps save it for later to complete hermits request to not waste energy looking for hermit items. The SBAs do NOT have grubs in them, however, so use the N and S EF to do those. After 20 hours there is a reset on the hermit quest. The crier said he had a third weed whacking quest for me, so I waited for a different quest next day.

The grubs are most plentiful in the first field of either upper or lower evergreen as there are no spider spawns yet. (And that is also where the lakes are to replenish energy or do the cleaning up the lake Hermit quests as well)

Edited on 10/23/2015 at 8:20:28 PM PST

[Post New]by HorseDancer1 on May 22, 15 10:40 AM
I posted this in another area, but folks seemed surprised to find it! So I wanted to be sure anyone who was frustrated with clicking all the time to keep your character moving sees this one:

You don't have to keep clicking. Just hold down the left button and drag the cursor. The character moves loads faster and doesn't keep stopping.

Happy Whacking!

Kittypurrrs
Herring
Herring
389 Posts

[Post New]by Kittypurrrs on May 25, 15 7:43 AM
I was reminded (again ... when will I ever learn?) not to go get quest rewards when you have a fair amount of either power (orange bar) or mana (blue bar) as sometimes you will get your bars filled up as a quest reward. I just got the dubious "honour" of receiving the achievement of 1,000 power points wasted this way! Ack! That's a lot!! Be sure to use your max mana and power trinkets when you get satchels. It pays more and more the more trinkets/runes increase your max and I have gotten as many as 3 in a day.

When you get the "lei your friends" task on Amicus Isle, you can lei the NPCs, even those that give you quests and the robot, should you get placed on a lonely island because the main one is full, or have to change worlds as all the poop has already been scooped!

At your ranch, you can use the fence pieces that match your fence, as well as hay to make enclosures that look pretty neat and hold your pets. (My horse looks happy anyway heheh)

The hay, garden fencing and decorative iron look good surrounding your farm plots, but there is a second purpose. If you do not have or wish to buy the harvester, the fencing allows you to do your harvesting and cultivating a wee bit faster as well. (*Credit Discus3's earlier hint as new people can use any items to block)

The carpet and tiles pieces can be used to make mosaics and other neat things, like a patio deck. I just found out today that they are not just stepping stones and decorative carpet, as I also placed my little pond on my patio and I didn't even have to dig a hole! =)

AWOL gave me some great advice when I first started. Do the game at your own pace and do it whatever way you wish, as long as you have fun! (Not a direct quote, but good advice ... so take any advice I give as hints that work for me... and

~ Do it your way ~

Edited on 08/04/2015 at 1:20:33 PM PST

countrygal2
Lobster
Lobster
97 Posts

[Post New]by countrygal2 on May 25, 15 6:36 PM
This is a very simple hint which probably everyone knows but maybe new players will like it.
Every evening after I finish playing I equip my poot companion to get extra energy overnight. I also equip all my energy tokens to make sure I get maximum energy overnight - then next day I have a really full bar of energy.
At first I only used the most powerful energy trinket then realized if all energy trinkets were used I would of course gain far more energy. Simple really but I didnt realize it at first.
Also I equip poot and all energy trinkets when Im close to levelling up as it gives more energy.
Happy whacking to all.

Edited on 05/25/2015 at 7:02:57 PM PST

Kittypurrrs
Herring
Herring
389 Posts

[Post New]by Kittypurrrs on Jun 23, 15 10:40 PM
I had to pop in here to thank you all for the amazing tips and hints! I shared some with the BW main site forum as well. (with credits) The hint to save up island tokens for a moonstone to trade for citrines ... another good hint! I am doubly grateful, because your hints to play 5 or 10 citrines to get more puzzle pieces in the slots worked! I was using 1-1-5-1-1-5 and all that got me a ton of agates so THANK YOU !

This forum post was also a great help:

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/344960.page

I will add this reminder so people will not forget to do daily:

Bonus clown piece : Every 20 hours you or visitors can get a reward of energy, power and mana for getting it in the hole the first time of the day! This is available to all players who visit anyone's golf course or ranch set-up. To see who has the clown piece visit the top rated courses, or, use find to search for 'clown' piece in the mini golf hint thread.

Addendum: And here it is 2 weeks later, and I have another half of the puzzle filled in! You guys are AWESOME!!

Edited on 07/07/2015 at 3:59:22 PM PST

Chuck_Havens
Guppy
Guppy
194 Posts

[Post New]by Chuck_Havens on Jun 26, 15 2:36 AM
This is a very easy tip and hard to remember when you're in a hurry.

If the pet you have equipped is at its maximum level, equip one at a lower level BEFORE turning quests in to Vincent, the PAGAS guy.

Don't forget to switch back to your max level pet.

Discus3
Minnow
Minnow
238 Posts

[Post New]by Discus3 on Jul 5, 15 6:26 AM
Chuck_Havens wrote:This is a very easy tip and hard to remember when you're in a hurry.

If the pet you have equipped is at its maximum level, equip one at a lower level BEFORE turning quests in to Vincent, the PAGAS guy.

Don't forget to switch back to your max level pet.

Another good time to equip a lower level pet is when Vincent gives you the "Chasing Critters" quest.

meinaz
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
418 Posts

[Post New]by meinaz on Jul 5, 15 8:55 AM
XP Tip:

To increase your XP, go to Misty and start the find an egg quest. When you find it give it to her and say that you don't want to hatch it, then repeat the find an egg quest. At my level, it gives about 8000 XP per egg. I find that on good days I can get up to 7 eggs in a day on bad days it is generally around 3.

Kittypurrrs
Herring
Herring
389 Posts

[Post New]by Kittypurrrs on Jul 5, 15 11:49 AM
I thought I had added this here as well, but do not see it amongst my posts. Here are Travel tips:

TRAVEL TIPS:

From/to anywhere: Click on the world globe to get to any island or unlocked area. Then click on the area map to access any unlocked field in that area.

From house, golf course or event addition: Large blue teleporter at entrance,with arrows to last played area field

Return to last field played: orange arrow

To get to Amicus Isle: From the “visit merchants” pop up when you first log in, from "visit merchants" option when speaking to the town crier, from the teleporter portal east side of the commons, or the world globe lower view. (with "Hi !" on island)

Amicus isle to a less busy island : click the yellow “i” at the end of the chat to change to a less busy island and have more chance of getting the coconuts and shells.: courtesy player HorseDancer1

Edited on 01/31/2016 at 11:06:03 AM PST

Kittypurrrs
Herring
Herring
389 Posts

[Post New]by Kittypurrrs on Jul 6, 15 1:26 PM
Take with 'Grain of salt' hint : I have no idea if this is a weird co-incidence or not, but I had noted in the past that I seem to get in the quest reward satchel what I had been using more of lately or been doing just prior to the quest reward, whether it be gems after I traded in each one of them for citrines, gold after spending a ton, runes after doing a lot of alchemy.

There may (or may not) be an algorithm that includes this to adapt to your style of game play, but in the past few days it has been even more apparent. (reiterate, to ME!) I traded in a moonstone and all other gems for citrines, and then had 3 rewards of 2 topaz in a row. I spent a lot of gold, 3 rewards in a row were gold, did a lot of alchemy got tokens as a reward, stayed and played a LOT to get more goodies for the patriotic event and got 5 bags of mana and power rewards since it started, which is most unusual for me. (and made wearing power/man trinkets to get rewards well worth it)

Disclaimer... Don't waste a lot of time or effort and certainly not anything precious like gems or gold trying to duplicate what may be a co-incidence, or may only occur in rare circumstance, but perhaps note if it also triggers for you if you have the inclination, after spending/using a lot of items.

EDITED TO ADD: There is definitely an algorithm that triggers as I spent a lot of time runemaking to get an achievement and deteriorated my runes badly (the results deteriorate each time you disenchant into dust, if you repeatedly disenchant the same one) I had none left to make into dusts, even though Wiki says one rune will always equate one dust! When I got my daily quest pouches, they were mostly runes and also got more from bushes, so I filled the empty spaces quickly.

Edited on 11/08/2015 at 1:22:05 PM PST

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Jul 7, 15 11:08 AM
Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to pop in here since this thread has been brought to a Moderator's attention. Since this thread seems to be very helpful for players, I'm going to go ahead and sticky it.

Feel free to PM a moderator if you have any questions.

Happy gaming everyone!

bfgBellerophon

ElsaStar96
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

[Post New]by ElsaStar96 on Jul 10, 15 7:01 AM
Hi all, Whilst wacking bushes and finding puzzle pieces, if you click on the puzzle piece (top left of your screen) on the tier that you are on, you can build your puzzle as you go.

[Post New]by HorseDancer1 on Jul 10, 15 6:07 PM
ElsaStar96 wrote:Hi all, Whilst wacking bushes and finding puzzle pieces, if you click on the puzzle piece (top left of your screen) on the tier that you are on, you can build your puzzle as you go.

Thanks Elsa, I do that, and it seems clicking on the blank areas of the puzzle helps increase the drops of puzzle pieces.

Happy Whacking!

ElsaStar96
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

[Post New]by ElsaStar96 on Jul 13, 15 9:03 AM
Hi all, whilst fishing at a friends ranch, if you fish up a place-able item :- ie- stuffed puppy, you have to place it on your friends ranch but you can then add it to your own inventory. I discovered this today with the said stuffed puppy, I had been trying for ages to get one and was delighted when I achieved it, but then gutted that I had to place it and then ecstatic when I found out I could keep it...roller coaster day...lol.

Go to: