oreegun
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Northern Tale 4 here!

[Post New]by oreegun on Dec 12, 14 12:46 PM
I have gotten to Level 27 and after finishing, returning to the Level selection screen,
the whole screen began to shake/vibrate. The only way out was to start the
task manager (with ctrl/alt/del) and cancel the game.

However, when I subsequently loaded the game, ALL of my levels are GONE!!!
My name is still there but I now have to start over at Level 1.

Is there any way to recover the lost game???

[Post New]by vanvranken7 on Dec 14, 14 6:52 PM
bonus level 2 keeps coming up not compatible with my version of windows. Please help!

[Post New]by arnitanelson1515 on Feb 3, 15 6:53 PM
i bough three games call northern tale 2,3,4, game 2 kept cut off after 4 min in to the game at level 12

sayulita
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by sayulita on Feb 12, 15 4:29 PM
Level 44 - worker constantly getting trapped in webbing / frozen up similar to a couple of the under the sea levels. It seems to happen almost every other time one of the workers is on a mission. I viewed a YouTube video and found that the workers froze up only a couple of times during the entire level. Can't achieve gold with this amount of interruption to the game play. Any solution? Thanks.

oh_mags
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by oh_mags on Mar 12, 15 1:26 PM
Level 44 is unplayable.

There is a challenge they have added to the game, on 2 different levels (so far that I have found) your workers can be stuck in the green fog and you lose them, they are no longer playable.

However, this is causing a game bug. Due to this bug, I have stopped playing.

If your worker is caught in the fog while they are going to pick something up or work on something, that item cannot be selected again for you to send a different worker to pick it up or work on it. This causes entire sections to be blocked off from you.

I had to play the first level this challenge is on (level 30-something, sorry, can't remember) over a dozen times to finally get a play through where my worker was frozen coming back from getting something, so it did not ruin the level.

I have played level 44 several times now, and either sections get blocked off by the bug or both workers get frozen too quickly for you to gain the resources to upgrade your castle to get a third worker.

So, second to last level and I have given up, life is too precious for me to waste it playing another level in this game over and over again trying to dodge this bug.

BlueStarFish
Herring
Herring
351 Posts

[Post New]by BlueStarFish on Mar 13, 15 6:39 AM
Hello oh_mags.
It is no bug, this is the game mechanics as it is intended.

Your workers get stuck by seaweeds thrown by magic, and to unstick them you only need to click rapidly 4-5 times on that worker to remove the weeds.
The worker will then continue on the mission you gave him.

oh_mags
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by oh_mags on Mar 13, 15 12:11 PM
BlueStarFish,

Thank you for the reply, but I have tried clicking on them... it does not work.

BlueStarFish
Herring
Herring
351 Posts

[Post New]by BlueStarFish on Mar 13, 15 2:32 PM
That is unfortunate.
I just tried this level to see how it worked, and I can say that I had no difficulty removing the green weeds.
After the worker has been trapped, if I click on him I hear a very distinct sound.
I click on him again, same sound. If I click 4 times, then the weeds are removed.

Clicking fast or slow doesn't really matter but naturally I prefer to do it rapidly so as not to keep the worker unmoving for longer than necessary.

Does nothing happen at all when you click on a trapped worker - no sound at all? If you hear the sound, just keep on clicking.

notesmom
Lobster
Lobster
96 Posts

[Post New]by notesmom on Mar 28, 15 12:48 PM
In addition to the Viking locking up continuously, I uninstalled & reinstalled - Win 7.
The new game won't play - error msg - 'need higher than DirectX 8' - I have DiriectX 11! I've uninstalled 3x already - what next?

[Post New]by Anidea on Apr 12, 15 3:17 PM
This game was jinxed from the beginning. I've reloaded it umpteen times, got to play a small amount when it just cut off, and now no matter what I do, it will not go beyond the original loading of the Vikings....it always shows that it is not responding when I go to the task manager...and I have to alt/control/delete to get out of it. SO SORRY about this because I love the Northern Tale series. Are there any fixes????

[Post New]by gerproud on Apr 22, 15 9:45 PM
I to am having the same problem with this game. It wont even load, wheel spins then stops. gives me an "access violation @ 0x004296cc (tried to write to 0x00030ff4) program terminated." i have tried everything your site says, drivers, software updated, i tried it on both my pc's doesnt work on either one. bought this game. want a refund or FIX IT. customer service doesnt help either.

[Post New]by traycharles on May 27, 15 7:27 AM
I AM STUCK ON LEVEL 34. UNABLE TO RELEASE LAST MERMAID BECAUSE CANNOT FREE THE VIKING AND HAVE CLICKED REPEATEDLY.

Edited on 05/27/2015 at 7:30:02 AM PST

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on May 28, 15 5:33 AM
Hi Everyone,

I'm so sorry to hear that players are having different issues on this particular game. It sounds like players are experiencing freezing issues, players caught in the fog, multiple clicks to unstick workers, Direct X message, and access violation. Definitely doesn't make things fun.

In regards to the freezing issues, it may be helpful to look at the following help article for hints:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

With the access violation error message, please see the following help article:

Access Violation

With the other issues, it is recommended to contact our Technical Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report. We definitely want to help get things up and running for you like it should. They are always willing to help in any way that they can.

I hope this helps!

bfgBellerophon

Go to: