Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Spirit of Revenge: Cursed Castle Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by kiejdicu on Aug 10, 14 4:15 PM
also same trouble with cushion in girls room. I'm on a macbook pro osx 10.94
Where do I look for the fix?

IdahoDi
Guppy
Guppy
126 Posts

Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Spirit of Revenge: Cursed Castle Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by IdahoDi on Aug 10, 14 4:48 PM
Ok, here is what I found and tried with no success. When the Hint button stopped working, basically, so did the map because it no longer showed where the unsolved tasks were located. All that showed was a bunch of question marks with nowhere to go from there.

I uninstalled the game, saved the app data which wasn't going to be available with the reinstall because I would have needed to start over from scratch. After the reinstall, I Installed the app data files that did not include the "error" file. Once again when I tried to play, it also produced an "error" file when the game continued where it left off and the Hint and Map ceased to work.

Hope this info is helpful because Vendel Games owes us a quick fix which I'm amazed nobody caught in beta.

essgee52
Minnow
Minnow
265 Posts

[Post New]by essgee52 on Aug 10, 14 5:27 PM
I did not encounter any of the problems previously reported, but keep getting an access violation when trying to rearrange the books in the library. Couldn't even get task manager to close the game the second time, had to do a hard reboot. Hope there is an update soon as I do like the game.

[Post New]by suzyoboe on Aug 10, 14 9:15 PM
Oh, man---I just spent an hour reinstalling, etc.etc. and I tried everything to play this game, but the thing with the cushion in the little girl's room won't go away. Too bad as i really like what I did so far. Tried it with different profiles, deleting, re-installing, changing screens etc. Even used disc utility thinking it might be my mac. All to no avail. I really don't want a refund---I just want to play the game! I hope a fix is in sight.

siscokid
Guppy
Guppy
119 Posts

[Post New]by siscokid on Aug 10, 14 10:13 PM
If it's any consolation, it's NOT just MAC users who are having issues. Glitches galore on my PC with this game. Instead of the stone feather which appears to be an issue, I am in the same room with the bear, but for some reason, I cannot pick up the noose. The hand icon is there, willing.....but not able. Anyone else having this problem? Hope there's a patch soon, so far I was really enjoying the game.

[Post New]by sweet4grease on Aug 11, 14 2:45 AM
siscokid, I had the same issue until I realised I had to drag the noose downward to get a key. Hope this helps.

Same Stone Feather Problem as Others (And Comments re Whiners)

[Post New]by sweet4grease on Aug 11, 14 2:51 AM
codester9 wrote:I, too, am unable to pick up the stone feather. What a bummer because I really love this game. It's fun, with lots of extras, huge number of rooms, good old morphing objects plus the jigsaw puzzles. And great HOGS and puzzles. I'm disappointed but this doesn't mean I'm turning against Big Fish because of it.

I'm sure BFG will see the messages and get the glitches fixed.

I wanted to say something about all the people who are dissing BFG because they are having a problem with one game. Talk about a bunch of whiners! I have more than 100 Big Fish games. I buy nearly all of the CE HOPAs and other puzzle games. In more than seven years, I have come across two or three games with glitches: I either got refunds or the glitches were fixed. I think people who are calling Big Fish Games a rip off need to do some reality checks. Who the heck in your life is perfect?

If you can't handle a few problems with games, how do you handle real life problems? Anyway, I just wanted to put some positive words in on behalf of Big Fish, because I think it's a fantastic company with hundreds of fantastic games. Yes, it's a bummer that this new game is not working. But it's not the end of the world.

I look forward to seeing this game fixed because it's one of the most interesting new games around. Hang in there!

I too, have been playing and buying BF games for over 7 years and generally buy CE games.
That being said, I didn't use to have issues with any of their games, but in the past year or two, have had many. Anout every 3rd or 4th game I buy has had some sort of issue.
Now, I'm not a wealthy person and have to budget like crazy to afford a game, espesially a CE, so it is quite disappointing to save my pennies all month and end up having to wait on a fix because the game wasn't thoroughly tested before being released.

siscokid
Guppy
Guppy
119 Posts

[Post New]by siscokid on Aug 11, 14 3:45 AM
Thanks Sweet4grease!! Yeah, I found that out after shutting the game down, re-entered, and vee-oh-la! Definitely a der da der moment there. So for all my fellow gamers out there, drag the noose! I feel so silly.....

[Post New]by GirlWithManyEyes on Aug 11, 14 6:35 AM
Ok I have a bizarre problem in that the when the game loads everything is upside down and backwards on the screen. What in the world causes that?

Cursed Castle Collector's Edition

[Post New]by djones55 on Aug 11, 14 7:03 AM
Mother's Locket - I cannot give it to the little girl. I enter the ambulance, she's sipping cocoa, but I cannot drop the locket on her or the policeman. I'm running MAC OS X 10.9.4. Really would like to know how to work around this, was enjoying the game immensely til this point.

bfgMurrumbidgee
1,338 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMurrumbidgee on Aug 11, 14 9:21 AM
G'day,

I wanted to pop in and let you know that we're investigating the reported issues as we speak. Both Mac specific and PC.

As soon as we know more, we'll be sure to update this thread.

Thank you all for taking the time to let us know about this.

bfgMurrumbidgee

nwl43
Stingray
Stingray
4,931 Posts

[Post New]by nwl43 on Aug 11, 14 12:06 PM
In the library needing to rearrange the books. Couldn't figure it out and clicked on SG. Screen went black. Had to pull up task manager to close.

kpglo
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by kpglo on Aug 11, 14 12:23 PM
Cant't retrieve embroidered picture. Picture is complete, can't add anything and appears to match to SG image. Can take the needle and threads but not apply to completed picture. I am playing on MAC OS X 10.8.5. Have made it relatively close to ending of main game…frustrating as I can not finish to even play the Bonus game.

shanyem
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

[Post New]by shanyem on Aug 11, 14 5:53 PM
I have the same problem with the picture of the cushion not going away. I've uninstalled/reinstalled - nothing. I have 7 minutes left on the free hour and will NOT be purchasing this game as I'm sick of purchasing something then can't play it. Just happened with another game and I just sent an email to Bigfish. Hopefully something will be done with this game because I really wanted to purchase it!

[Post New]by smith54sandy on Aug 11, 14 7:22 PM
Really? As soon as you know.

ruralbabe
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by ruralbabe on Aug 12, 14 5:11 AM
WilJul wrote:
lmhagood wrote:So far, lots of glitches in this game and now I'm stuck, again. The first glitch is when you have to do a "spot the difference" on the painting of the man in the book. I had to restart under a new player because it would not let me pick the last difference which was the curtain. After restarting under a new name, I was able to pick all 10 differences without issue. Now I am stuck in the girl's room. After replacing the torn pictures from the girl's book, you get a cut scene, but now there is just a frozen picture of the chair cushion that the book was laying on. I can't exit the picture. Even we I leave the room, and return, the cushion picture is still there. It obstructs the painting so I cannot replace the frame pieces and do the safe puzzle with the mother's name, which is "Michelle". I'm not restating under another profile...too frustrating! I would suggest waiting to buy this game until some of these glitches are worked out. This could be a great game when they fix these issues.

I'm on a MacBook Pro. 10.9.4

MacBook Pro 10.8.5
I am also having the chair cushion picture frozen and in the way of grabbing the locket from the safe. Slightly different in that I have completed the safe combo and opened it, but the cushion window appeared in the way. Have left the room and exited the game, the window remains in the way. Have uninstalled and am in the process of reinstalling. I will update when finished with the results.
UPDATE: Well, as another player already reported, uninstalling and reinstalling does not clear the cushion. Progress is halted. It appears most of the tech issues on here are MAC-related. I will send a report to customer support and I advise all to do the same. We need a fix here.
Btw, I love how the glitch occurs about 5 minutes after purchasing the game!

ruralbabe
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by ruralbabe on Aug 12, 14 5:13 AM
Im another mac user with the cushion frozen in the screen has there been a fix for this yet?

MerryAnne
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by MerryAnne on Aug 12, 14 6:01 AM
MerryAnne wrote:I can't give the mother's locket to the child. No rotating gears, no hotspot, no zoom in, nothing. Looking forward to the Dev's fixing this as the game is awesome.

Reinstalled with a different profile but still can't give the girl the locket. (PC. Windows.7)

[Post New]by shadow_07 on Aug 12, 14 8:20 AM
Same problem as "snapnhiss". Can't play the bonus game. I get the same message and have to go through the exact same process to get out of the game. No buttons work.

[Post New]by Jammin65 on Aug 12, 14 12:06 PM
I see the PC version has been updated to correct "bugs" in the game. How about us mac users getting a update? I bought the game and would like to finish it. Can't go any further than the pillow.

Go to: