Criaz
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
8 Posts

Re:Post your Midnight Castle (Android) Technical Issues Here Only!

[Post New]by Criaz on Feb 10, 15 4:41 AM
When a new update?

[Post New]by LoreleiCullen on Feb 22, 15 2:15 PM
Hello there,
I play Midnight Castle on my Kindle fire HDX. I've stuck on level 38. Lost fairy's task sends me to Henry but when I go to him, his tasks seem not being available to open at the moment. This is fairy's last required task in order to give me the rune device for the wheel, so as to move on and get into the Forrest to find the pond.
I guess, this is the point where everyone on level 38 has stuck to and been waiting for the game's next update, isn't it?? An update that has taken way too long to arrive as I read on the previous posts. Ooh this is so frustrating! I love this game, I don't want to stop playing it after all the effort and progress I've made to get to the level I am.
How much longer will we have to wait for this update???
Please, make it not be too long!!!

[Post New]by bobabout99 on Feb 22, 15 3:01 PM
New update pleeeeeeeeeze. I don't like waiting. Come on big fish, get your act together. You want us to play but don't come up with the goods when it says UPDATE.

SilverFox47
Minnow
Minnow
216 Posts

[Post New]by SilverFox47 on Feb 26, 15 9:13 AM
Hi All,
I sent a request to Tech Support the other day asking about Android Update. I received a stock answer. See below. I have been on Level 38 since Christmas so still waiting. Have been spending time completing HOHs, collecting coins, completing Daily Quests and Achievements, etc.

"Having the most updated version of the game installed can help with a number of issues that users may see when playing our free to play games.
Android users, the game currently stops at level 38 and "we expect to have an update to add a lot more content very soon."
PC/iOS users, the game currently stops at approximately level 58 and we are also working on updates for these versions."

I added the quotes,

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Feb 26, 15 12:19 PM
Hi everyone,

I see that many of you are wondering when a new update will be available for Midnight Castle. I can definitely understand wanting new content on a game that you love to play. I love it too!

As a moderation team we don't have any information as to when the next update will be. Rest assured though, we will post it right away once we hear something.

Happy gaming everyone!

bfgBellerophon

[Post New]by Henry_Morgan on Mar 2, 15 7:21 AM
Do others have this problem?: I find no matter how accurate I am in touching an object, either with finger or stylus, the object will not move until I touch something else or at the end of the search.

I use a Samsung tablet and the worst object offenders are candy cane, tuning fork, and stick. This happens with enough regularity to be frustrating and keeping me from a new high score.

[Post New]by ReallyHelpless on Mar 6, 15 6:24 AM
ReallyHelpless wrote:Game cut outs

I'm having the same problem as DragonRhia and others. I'm playing on a kindle fire and the game just cuts out randomly, at least twice a day. When it reopens, I've lost HOS progress and so much more. Michael at BFG Support suggested many things, but nothing has worked and THIS IS GETTING VERY FRUSTRATING. I've lost so much progress, unique stamps, gifts, dice role winnings, Fortune Wheel prizes ... When are you going to help us? Please! Thanks.

The new android update didn't fix this problem, just to let you know.

[Post New]by KateUK on Mar 6, 15 6:58 AM
I have a Kindle Fire and there is no way to update this. I can't play because it says update required. Going to app updates on the Kindle doesn't show any update for this and going to Amazon you only get "deliver" not "update", it won't re-download as I already have it. I don't want to uninstall it as I will lose all my progress so far. Please fix this asap.

When I was able to play I had the same issue as some other people, the game would randomly re-boot in the middle of a HOS at least once a day and I would often lose some game progress and have to go over things I'd just done.

Edited on 03/06/2015 at 7:00:32 AM PST

bfgMurrumbidgee
1,338 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMurrumbidgee on Mar 6, 15 9:01 AM
G'day,

I just wanted to drop by with some additional information from a Kindle user that may help others who are still having a hard time seeing yesterday's update.

staceydory wrote:for the kindle fire, from your kindle go to the app store type midnight castle update into the search box then click midnight castle icon. it will come up and it should say update beside just click it and it will update....takes quite awhile for the update.

If you find that you continue to have any trouble with the update of after it is installed, please do contact Customer Support so we can work to get these issues resolved

bfgMurrumbidgee

[Post New]by Beeba1964 on Mar 7, 15 12:17 PM
I play midnight castle all the time, i cant get enough. Yesterday i got a forced update, i didnt mind and to my knowledge im not missing anything, BUT, i see everyone commenting on easter quests, i upon updating have all the christmas quests back lol dont know how or where to find christmas ornaments, decorations or cards please help

[Post New]by tigereyz026 on Mar 8, 15 3:45 AM
How do I collect the Christmas cards and objects.

purplecat8
Clownfish
Clownfish
535 Posts

[Post New]by purplecat8 on Mar 8, 15 11:20 AM
Since the update (I play on a Kindle), when I complete a HOS after first opening the game, it closes and then reopens the game and I have to start over again. The same thing happened when I gave a friend a gift. I tried turning the Kindle on and then off. This has happened every time I start the game for several days now.

[Post New]by ReallyHelpless on Mar 10, 15 8:52 AM
Strange things going on with Social Page and HOS Top List. On the top list, I'm listed higher than my score should allow in a few HOS, and I'm all alone in the two new HOS even though I know some of my friends should be there. Also, there's a NOT PLAYING with no avatar who has the same ID number as another friend on my list, and some friends are in the declined list that shouldn't be there. Doesn't affect game play, but it sure is confusing. This all started yesterday.

Sita_88
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by Sita_88 on Mar 11, 15 5:47 AM
purplecat8 wrote:Since the update (I play on a Kindle), when I complete a HOS after first opening the game, it closes and then reopens the game and I have to start over again. The same thing happened when I gave a friend a gift. I tried turning the Kindle on and then off. This has happened every time I start the game for several days now.

I'm on the Kindle Fire and have had the same exact problem since the update. Before the update the game would reset itself a few times a day.. now it does it after almost every HOS and gift sending. Very disappointing

[Post New]by ReallyHelpless on Mar 11, 15 10:32 AM
The game resets for me whenever Amazon Game Circle automatically kicks in, about every hour, and I've found no way to stop it. This feature is what saves my game on the cloud, so I wouldn't want to disable it even if I could. The big improvement for me is that, after the update, it only bumps me out of the HOS I'm playing and goes right back to it, while before it would kick me 3-4 steps back. Still, I do end the game whenever I get something like a unique stamp.

I'm really sorry to hear, Sita, that it's resetting after every HOS. Did you contact Technical Support? They told me how to "force stop" my apps, and that seemed to help for awhile.

Sita_88
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by Sita_88 on Mar 12, 15 6:33 PM
I never thought about force stopping apps on the Kindle, I'll have to look into it. At the moment it seems to not be as bad if I can force myself to let it reset the first three times or so.

athwick
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

[Post New]by athwick on Mar 14, 15 9:37 PM
ReallyHelpless wrote:Also, there's a NOT PLAYING with no avatar who has the same ID number as another friend on my list, and some friends are in the declined list that shouldn't be there. Doesn't affect game play, but it sure is confusing. This all started yesterday.

I sometimes accidentally delete friends. Just go to the deleted list and accept them back. And your friend with no avatar has probably just quit the game. Playing on the Kindle is so frustrating, I may do that myself one day.

athwick
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

[Post New]by athwick on Mar 14, 15 9:45 PM
ReallyHelpless wrote: The big improvement for me is that, after the update, it only bumps me out of the HOS I'm playing and goes right back to it, while before it would kick me 3-4 steps back. Still, I do end the game whenever I get something like a unique stamp.

I also noticed on the Kindle that the resets happen frequently but I only lose the last HOS I was working on, not several like before the update. It makes me think that the android version of the game is as much the problem as the device I'm playing it on. Otherwise, why would the update have been able to somewhat fix the problem of lost progress when the game cuts out?

[Post New]by ReallyHelpless on Mar 15, 15 5:41 AM
Hi Athwick,
Yeah, progress seems to come in baby steps, sometimes, but I am really happy not to worry every second that I'll lose a lot of progress. The weird thing about the no avatar friend was that it had the same ID as another friend with avatar and different level. There's something screwed up with the social page, but it doesn't affect game play, so I can live with it. Hope you don't give up on the kindle game. Please let me know if I can help, console, encourage or sympathize when you get frustrated. I love the kindle's graphics clarity and ease of the touch screen, and the update came just as I was about to run out of content, so now I'm hooked again. Good luck to you.

dwilson11
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by dwilson11 on Mar 15, 15 7:21 AM
I have to say that my Kindle does not reset as frequently as it did but it does still reboot the game. It seems to start from about 10pm UK time. It is the only Kindle app that does. It always happens in the middle of doing a HOS but the improvement is that I just have to redo the HOS and not the previous 2. Are all the Android users having the same issue with rebooting or is it just the Kindle users.
Deb

Go to: