Game keeps freezing!!

Re:Game keeps freezing!!

[Post New]by roxyfoxy1 on Sep 22, 14 5:43 PM
I closed down my computer after freezing and started again. Went to this game and removed special effects an curser. That seemed to work. Went back to options and added curser but not effects and it seems to be working fine good. sometimes just removing the extras seem to work. Good luck hope it works for you.

giddiup101
Minnow
Minnow
282 Posts

[Post New]by giddiup101 on Sep 23, 14 10:29 AM
Did they ever fix the freezing issue? It's Sept 23rd, the game was released Sept 7th.

I REFUSE to purchase this game if the freezing is still happening.

guntherp
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by guntherp on Oct 2, 14 1:09 PM
I'm having problems on desk top with windows 8, but no problem on lap top with windows 7. Very frustrated. I was enjoying the game.

tammytheo
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by tammytheo on Oct 6, 14 2:26 AM
I would like to say a big, big thank you to all the fellow players who suggested to uncheck the custom cursor and the special effects option as a solution to the freezing issue so many of us had/still have with this game. It worked for me! Yes, the game froze twice (once during the main game and once during the bonus chapter) locking up my laptop and the rest we all know but after a couple of attempts, I was at least able to finish it. So, a big thank you to those who shared the info and to those who still can't play the game due to the freezing issue, give it a shot guys. It may work for you too.

Technical issues are definitely a pain when they occur. I understand though that they'll always happen so I'm trying not to be so harsh when they do. And yes, sometimes the problem seems to be with our computers but... When a game has technical issues for which it has been clearly proven our computers are not to blame and those issues never get addressed as they should, well, this is something that really bothers me.

Seeing it has been almost a month and we didn't have an update for the freezing issue so far, I decided to contact the developers of the game via e-mail (a kind e-mail) to see if they're having a fix in the making. Guess what? It's been almost a week and I still haven't heard from them! It is possible that they are not able to provide a fix for this but I think they should have replied to me anyway. I'm going to forward that e-mail to them once more, hoping this time I'll receive a reply and I'm going to post in the forums again whether I have one or not. As to if this game is going to be fixed or not... well, let's say that I wouldn't put my money on the first!

ETA: I thought about posting the above in the tech issues thread but this thread seemed fine too.

Edited on 10/06/2014 at 8:44:40 AM PST

[Post New]by emilialucinda on Oct 13, 14 1:35 PM
I'm on Windows 8.1. I removed the custom cursor and special effects options- what fun

But freezing continues. Are we still getting radio silence?

tammytheo
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by tammytheo on Oct 14, 14 12:22 AM
I have contacted the developers of this game via e-mail twice. 2 weeks have passed and still no reply. Shame, really... It's more than clear that there isn't going to be a fix for the freezing issue or for any other tech issue this game has, for that matter.

For those who have bought and tried to play the game by adjusting the settings or whatever it was they tried to adjust to no avail, contacting Customer Support and request a refund seems to be the only option left. Again... Shame, really.

[Post New]by teetee292 on Nov 9, 14 7:35 AM
Could someone please tell us, that are patiently waiting for a fix, if we are likely to get one or not?

Elirana
Guppy
Guppy
122 Posts

[Post New]by Elirana on Nov 13, 14 9:42 AM
Not very likely Teetee. Sent complaint when it came out. Got a free coupon and a patronising reply from some young kid just out of nappies. Sorry! Am I sounding my age? Not a mention of a fix even being contemplated. I have 10 updates in games app. none of which I need but the 3 I can't play or finish...NADA. One was an SE and after a crash couldn't play it. There was supposedly an update but not in app or manually obtainable. BF= NO HELP! Reinstalled it from History but still haven't tried it as I lost interest.
Afraid BFG have lost my confidence, trust and loyalty after 7yrs and over 900 games.

Elirana.

wvdeedee
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by wvdeedee on Nov 15, 14 10:07 AM
I'm in the same boat as many others. Fortunately I haven't purchased the game only trying to play the demo. It keeps freezing, I restart the computer, go a little farther, freeze, restart. I even uninstalled and reinstalled, completed a puzzle then it froze again. I'm done! Really a shame because I think it's a pretty good game.
By the way, today was the first day I've downloaded it. Need a fix! Running Windows 8.1 on a brand new computer.

Edited on 11/15/2014 at 10:09:54 AM PST

alowan
Guppy
Guppy
143 Posts

[Post New]by alowan on Jan 11, 15 4:13 PM
Happy New Year...

I started with a new profile, and unchecked both special effects and custom cursor. It froze up even earlier.

Big Fish, please get your stuff together and get us a fix. 9 dang pages in the Tech thread of the same issue, plus a couple of other threads, and we get nothing? But I'm beginning to expect this from you, and am thinking of leaving. And I've bought 700 or so games from you guys.

Please begin to re-earn my respect and loyalty...

Sadly, Alowan

PS: Windows 8.1 on my laptop

cc: tech thread

Go to: