Molyz7
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Labyrinths of the World: Shattered Soul here!

[Post New]by Molyz7 on Sep 7, 14 8:05 AM
tammytheo wrote:The game keeps freezing on me too. I can't exit with the Windows button - only with CAD. Right after, the desktop becomes a black screen and there's no way to shut the game down so I have to restart my computer. When I go back it plays ok for a while and then (oh, how lovely!) it freezes again! I have already purchased the game by the way.

This is the first time since I bought this blessed laptop of mine that I'm having such issues with a game. Windows 8.1 64-bit 5core processor laptop.

I'm hearing the sounds of the game right now but I can't close the program using the icon on the bar at the bottom of the screen as usually. I have to shut my computer down! And I can't do anything from the desktop as I have no desktop to use!

Exact same problem here, same OS computer, same freeze, hear the sounds. Pitty, it seemed to be a good game. Tried twice not going for a third...

tammytheo
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Labyrinths of the World: Shattered Soul here!

[Post New]by tammytheo on Sep 7, 14 8:18 AM
Well, while I'm at it, there seems to be another issue lately regarding the Game Manager this time and from what I'm seeing, other users have the same issue as well. For a couple of weeks now, game updates are not showing up in the GM like they used to once they became available. I have the setting on auto but I checked manually too several times. I also uninstalled/reinstalled the GM... No updates to be found still!

I intend to contact Customer Support about this matter of course but I was wondering if I could have some info on this from one of our dear moderators maybe?!

tammytheo
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by tammytheo on Sep 7, 14 8:30 AM
kaitlinn wrote:I have a brand new PC running 8.1 and this is the first game that's given me trouble with freezing...Ran fine after changing compatibility. Yea, I can finally finish the game!

Hi kaitlinn,

I'm glad to see you are able to play the game without the freezing issue now! You changed compatibility? You mean you switched back to Windows 8? Could you please give some more info to me and the rest of the (frustrated) fishies? It would be greatly appreciated!

kaitlinn
Minnow
Minnow
212 Posts

[Post New]by kaitlinn on Sep 7, 14 10:32 AM
I went into the exe file and set the properties to make it compatible with Windows 8, even though I have Win 8.1. however, I may have spoken too soon, since I played for about an hour and then it froze.

I then tried troublshooting compatibility and now the game runs but super S..L..O..W

[Post New]by retrogirl54 on Sep 7, 14 11:16 AM
same as all else on this forum.....game has frozen up three times in ten minutes....and have to CAD to get out of it....
not buying until game fix!! seems like a good game....but absurd this kind of trouble for a collectors!

tammytheo
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by tammytheo on Sep 7, 14 11:18 AM
kaitlinn wrote:I went into the exe file and set the properties to make it compatible with Windows 8, even though I have Win 8.1. however, I may have spoken too soon, since I played for about an hour and then it froze.

I then tried troublshooting compatibility and now the game runs but super S..L..O..W

... I see. Thank you for the info, Kaitlinn. I'm sure we'll have an update soon... I hope!

courage27
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by courage27 on Sep 7, 14 12:36 PM
exact same issues as everyone else. freezes my whole computer, and I have to reboot. windows 8.1. how do i get a refund?

Sailorben
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by Sailorben on Sep 7, 14 12:44 PM
geninfo4 wrote:game has glitch at garden HOs. saw mug picked it up and then it disappeared. same with spray bottle. NO BUY!!!!!! gen

Ditto here. With this problem along with the blaring uncontrollable sound, I've given up on the demo and won't be purchasing this game.

kaitlinn
Minnow
Minnow
212 Posts

[Post New]by kaitlinn on Sep 7, 14 1:31 PM
Perseverance seems to be key here..the rebooting seemed to be less and less often as the game progressed. I am stubborn enough to keep rebooting and finished the game. If it hadn't been the only CE I had left to buy on sale, I would have chosen otherwise....

lindylu22
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by lindylu22 on Sep 7, 14 2:34 PM
I cannot even get the game to load. I purchased the Collectors Edition and I am bummed. I hit run and nothing happens.

celticwolf55
Guppy
Guppy
122 Posts

[Post New]by celticwolf55 on Sep 7, 14 3:17 PM
I feel (almost) lucky. I am running Windows XP and I managed to get at least three quarters of the way through the game. Made it into the third portal, Played almost to the end of that portal and WHAM...access error violation! What is it with BFG lately? Is there anyone in there? I have a feeling these are just kids, and when everyone is posting the exact same issues...they throw up that "contact tech support". Then all you get is "it is something wrong with your computer. Lets do a Dr. Felix" I am so very tired of this runaround. When I pay good money for something, I expect quality in return...or I return the product. Funny how they never refund the money, they only dole out 'credits'. They still have gotten our money. Well, that is the ripper BFG. You wil no longer separate my money from my wallet. My father didn't raise any stupid children. From now on, my money will stay where it does the most good. With me. If you cannot run this game site any better than this, then I am going to have to drop you like a hot potato. After almost seven years, I am so disgusted with the trash you are putting out there for people who have trusted in your website to deliver quality games and entertainment within most peoples budgets. My budget has begun to suffer from your incompetence.

Edited on 09/07/2014 at 3:18:35 PM PST

littlemom4
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

[Post New]by littlemom4 on Sep 7, 14 3:21 PM
Purchased CE, worked fine until about 3/4 the way through. Froze up at Princess something( not sure what it was called), getting Access Error at 0x0090B990 tried to read from 0x0090B6C6E0. I have Windows 7 op. system. Fix please, great game except for bug!

Rhysdux
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,219 Posts

[Post New]by Rhysdux on Sep 7, 14 3:51 PM
I got to the bonus content. You're supposed to put a "magnifier" together, which would be fine if the pieces of the magnifier stuck together--or if the strategy guide would show how it's supposed to stick together. The pieces don't, and the strategy guide doesn't. This means that I can't progress with the game.

LarkBea
Herring
Herring
354 Posts

[Post New]by LarkBea on Sep 7, 14 4:33 PM
dueler wrote:Well as I said in an earlier post, why hasn't anybody come on here from BFG and said they have got onto the developers and are going to get a fix for this game, I think BFG needs to shut down for a while and fix all the issues with all these games, there getting more and more games with technical issues over the last year and it isn't getting any better, needs a big FIX at BFG it seems, maybe a clean install of staff, I don't know, will start looking at other sites me thinks.

BFG has already done a cleaning and let half of their staff go in the process. As far as getting help in the forums from them (BFG) or the devs, not going to happen on the weekends period other than maybe the same old "canned response" linking to existing articles for fixes that never work, or "submit a Dr. Felix". If your drivers and DirectX are up to date and you have enough RAM to run the game, Dr. Felix accomplishes nothing. The only help you'll get is from others who may have happened upon a fix. With enough complaints, there may be a bug fix forthcoming, but no guarantees on that either. It completely depends on the interest of the devs. I can't speak for this one, but there are some whose games never did get fixed despite page after page of issues from would-be players.

I am like another who said they come to the forum to see how many posts/pages of technical issues appear vs. reviews and that's a deciding factor on whether or not to purchase. While I haven't had the issues that Windows 8.1 and Mac players are encountering, the demo doesn't allow me to get further into the game where Windows 7 players are also encountering problems. So this game, while it seems to be good, is a "no buy" for me, at least until there is a patch released that addresses the freezing/glitches/read errors everyone is reporting. That kind of headache isn't worth it, even with the sale going on.

Edited on 09/07/2014 at 4:35:24 PM PST

LarkBea
Herring
Herring
354 Posts

[Post New]by LarkBea on Sep 7, 14 4:51 PM
And for those of you with Windows 8.1, if you want to try changing compatibility, there is an article on Microsoft here with instructions: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/older-programs-compatible-version-windows

The url will probably be removed by one of the mods when they come around, if it is, go to Google and search for "Make older programs compatible with this version of Windows" and make sure the url you find is from microsoft.com before clicking on it.

Edited on 09/07/2014 at 4:51:35 PM PST

[Post New]by KathyA1212 on Sep 7, 14 6:17 PM
I have had the same experience with the game locking up. First time was trying to use the draw knife on the stump: can't remember where I was today. Like others, the entire screen goes black. I can right-click on BF game manager and the game itself in the taskbar, but neither responds to the close command. Would like to purchase the game while it's on sale, but not if I have to restart during each session! I am running Windows 8.1 w 6GB of RAM, 3.3GHz processor.

Lazeedragon
Minnow
Minnow
238 Posts

[Post New]by Lazeedragon on Sep 7, 14 8:14 PM
having 2 issues 1st i got through the 1st world but it did not open for the coins to be spent. 2nd having the same issue with the magnifier in BC will not allow me to put the pieces together keeps popping apart...very grrr...ok i fixed the magnifier issue you have to put them on the sides of the round side they look like they are almost behind the glass.
oh yes almost forgot NO sound in BC also cannot unlock the harlequin's boudoir so what is the deal is this game that glitchy? did not show any glitchy in the demo! so not right...you would feel this way to if it was you :p ^^

Edited on 09/07/2014 at 9:09:07 PM PST

[Post New]by Angie1605 on Sep 7, 14 10:37 PM
I am having the same problem with the game freezing also. should of come here before I purchased the game. I have done all the looking up in the help with freezing as per the BFG Moderators post and followed the steps and solutions but to no avail. Have not had any problems in the past with other games just this one.

[Post New]by ThelmaBG on Sep 8, 14 1:28 AM
Wow, it's not often you see so many complaints about the technical side of a game, BUT when you do, and each person is running a different windows system, and on different computers, one would think Big Fish would realise that the problem is not with the customers' computers, but the game itself

I've had the same problems as everyone else. I have a Toshiba Satellite P50t-125, with Windows 8.1, Intel® Core i7 Processor, 12GM RAM (1,600 MHz), and which is especially made for gaming, and has all recent updates installed, so I find it very hard to believe this has anything to do with my computer.
The game keeps freezing every 10 minutes or so, and there's no way to get out of it except to restart the computer. The audio was also quite bad, with the music so loud that it overrides all the voiceovers, effects and environment sounds.

I'm soooo disappointed, and hope BF will fix this pronto! This looks and feels like it's a fantastic game (4-5 stars), and as we haven't had a lot of those games coming out recently, this bug feels even more frustrating. Especially as most people probably bought this game to enjoy some fun play-time on a Saturday evening, and we've all just wasted money on something we are unable to play

Please BF, fix this bug ASAP!

[Post New]by gmelvr on Sep 8, 14 1:57 AM
I'm having the same issues as the 1st page Tammytheo is having. My game keeps freezing.Even when I pull up task manager and close- I still have to restart my computer. I'm running windows 8.1 i7-4700MQ CPU 64-bit. I've never had problems before on this laptop. I'm going to try to uninstall and reinstall and see if that helps. Thanks for any help!

Go to: