kdreetz
Herring
Herring
333 Posts

Re:An Urgent Letter to Big Fish Games

[Post New]by kdreetz on Sep 23, 14 3:09 AM
Guess what guys?!?! I sent an email to support@elephant-games.com to urge them to read our threads - especially the ones about losing players.

They responded very quickly with this message:

Hi Kimberly,

We are very sorry to hear about the frustration among players, too. I want to assure that we read forums and consider everything written there. Thank you very much for pointing at a certain thread.

And thank you for playing Midnight Castle!

Best regards,
Natalya Chumak
Elephant Games

23.09.2014 10:55, Kimberly Reetz

The word "writes" was in Russian at the end so I know they are pretty far away,

Anyway, they do listen and maybe take some action.

NoFishToday
Salmon
Salmon
2,712 Posts

[Post New]by NoFishToday on Sep 23, 14 6:51 AM
kdreetz wrote:Guess what guys?!?! I sent an email to support@elephant-games.com to urge them to read our threads - especially the ones about losing players.

They responded very quickly with this message:

Hi Kimberly,

We are very sorry to hear about the frustration among players, too. I want to assure that we read forums and consider everything written there. Thank you very much for pointing at a certain thread.

And thank you for playing Midnight Castle!

Best regards,
Natalya Chumak
Elephant Games

23.09.2014 10:55, Kimberly Reetz

The word "writes" was in Russian at the end so I know they are pretty far away,

Anyway, they do listen and maybe take some action.

Kudos, kdreetz! Now we know for sure that both Elephant and BoomZap are aware with letter in hand, as well as BigFish.

NeenaL
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

[Post New]by NeenaL on Sep 23, 14 8:55 AM
Remember to send in your e-mail, we must. Thanks to everyone for trying to save our beloved MC.

Lioula
Clownfish
Clownfish
686 Posts

[Post New]by Lioula on Sep 23, 14 10:18 AM
Hello friends.

First of all, I want to thank Vlania for taking both the time and effort to write this letter. I have posted it to Customer Support because I fully agree with it.

I am an old customer of BigFishGames and I liked (still like) MC very much. I must confess that I have spent a couple of real money buying diamonds. However, playing the same HOS over and over again makes me feel bored. I am at level 35 and I play once a day just to make a round of all the HOS to gather some money, send/receive gifts, send the airship, play the wheel and the dice.

Because I got bored of the scenes I started playing another FTP game "Dark Manor". It is different from MC but it has certain things that if applied to MC it might make it less boring playing the same HOS over and over again.
For example, in DM you can play a HOS in 5 different ways. So, it is quite challenging and less boring (at least for me).

Anyway, I like MC but I will be playing it and I will not let the game play me...

Best Regards,

Lia (aka L*I*A and Olympia)

Vlania
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,160 Posts

[Post New]by Vlania on Sep 23, 14 10:32 AM
Thank you everyone for sending your emails. The quantity of mail they receive may help them to understand how serious we are.
Also, thank you for the compliments, one and all. My team, troops and civilians, worked very hard on this task. We fight not just for us but for the Isle at large. Individually, we were ignored. En masse, they hear.

Strength in Unity, AnessaBlue.

eastendteddy
Salmon
Salmon
2,821 Posts

[Post New]by eastendteddy on Sep 23, 14 11:13 AM
Reporting in General so please read my report in *The Call To Arms* for while I was on recon I made some discovery's that have made me it ALL has to do with the game so to all players that are not in our Troops and have not joined in **The Call **please read my post (report) and see what I have uncovered.
Col/Capt Randy

[Post New]by Duncan_14all on Sep 23, 14 1:23 PM
Randy,

First: I support you and a lot of players on this forum with the actions to be taken to make this game more playable. I haven't read all your demands, but I try to follow it.

Second: I read a few days ago on Google.news (this has hopefully nothing to do with the game, I suppose) that President Vladimir Poetin of Rusland was sorting out a way to completely shut off Rusland from the Internet, maybe needed somewhere in the future. It seems there are only 4 stations somewhere the country where Internet comes in, so very easy to shut down Internet for all citizens.

Third: keep on the good work. Someday ...

Duncan

eastendteddy
Salmon
Salmon
2,821 Posts

[Post New]by eastendteddy on Sep 23, 14 6:24 PM
Well hey there Duncan long time no see.
Thank you for your support man all is needed in this war and good ole Pres V.P san cut the net off if he wants to spike his face but he must remember the money men behind the scenes.... The money men are in Russia but the DEV's are in the Ukrain so stop the net ,,, stops the money ,,, stops the games,,, stops the Dev's in turn stops BF and Elephant Games.
I am not into Politics just a retired solider but you can not run a war big or small on empty belly's and guns,,,to run a battle you need to supply the troops with what they need you can not fight anything with out the arms and the goverments get there money to do this where ever they can and bullets work beter than pasta I would think.
JMO.
Back to MC I have some HOS's to explore....

FrankieKY
Guppy
Guppy
103 Posts

[Post New]by FrankieKY on Sep 24, 14 7:03 AM
I want to again thank everyone who worked on this letter. It's is always so difficult to summarize a broad set of problems into a single document. I think they have done well to address the issues. I know that it took a great deal of time and lots of collaboration.

I also understand that others may not agree with the word choices, or the description of the problems. But I do think, based on what I've read for months, that we ALL can agree that there are two main problems with MC:

1. Glitches: missing inventory, no coins for flowers, no drops for required items (ie unique stamps), no 20th pet, unfair dice game odds, crafting wheel X, etc. these are systemic technical issues that, if not fixed, will drive players away.

2. Game development: the game becomes BORING after you reach a certain level. The achievements are all front loaded and once you've reached them, that element of the game is over. The same is true of the daily quests. They are the same since day one, nothing new and with the expense of buying gold, most are not worth doing. As for the HOSs, again, the reason it is so boring is because you're sent to the SAME areas over and over. There is no challenge, there is no strategy, no meaningful rewards, all that is required is more and more time and patience. This is not fun for most players which is why so many have and many more will continue to quit. Plus no one wants to pay for something that is boring.

So, Big Fish and Elephant Games, my question to you is how are you addressing theses two issues? The players - your CUSTOMERS - are asking legitimate questions that you should answer with specifics and not, with "thanks, we'll pass it on...."

Frankie

dk413
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
469 Posts

[Post New]by dk413 on Sep 24, 14 7:30 AM
I want to add my name and the feelings expressed by my fellow fishies. It is good to hear Elephant games is listening. I just hope that they back up their sentiments with action, soon. These concerns are not new. Actions speak louder than words.

rosiebvt
Manatee
Manatee
4,210 Posts

[Post New]by rosiebvt on Sep 24, 14 8:05 AM
Very nicely summarized, Frankie. Sometimes we focus too much on details and can't see the forest. You've clearly divided it into "hard" and "soft" issues that everybody can understand. (I tend to be verbose myself so I enjoy a good editor!)
Rose

NoFishToday
Salmon
Salmon
2,712 Posts

[Post New]by NoFishToday on Sep 24, 14 8:11 AM
Rosie beat me to it, but I too wanted to thank you Frankie for such an excellent post!

FrankieKY
Guppy
Guppy
103 Posts

[Post New]by FrankieKY on Sep 24, 14 8:59 AM
You are most welcome, but you all did the heavy lifting. We are all in this together and hopefully things will get better.

FudgeChi
Flounder
Flounder
2,380 Posts

[Post New]by FudgeChi on Sep 24, 14 9:19 AM
Very well summed up Frankie

[Post New]by debbiedevore1958 on Sep 24, 14 9:59 AM
I agree with everything you said I have been playing this game since it came out and I really get tired of having to craft 2 or 3 items for the same quest.

NoFishToday
Salmon
Salmon
2,712 Posts

[Post New]by NoFishToday on Sep 24, 14 10:32 AM
Midnight Castle is my primary game, having left Awakening Kingdoms due to all the fun being zapped out of it with every update since June. So, I want to remind everyone of a couple of things. This letter/thread is for all FTPs, but the mods decided only to have the one thread, which happens to be here in Midnight Castle. My mission at the moment is two-fold. To prevent here in the Castle what has happened in my beloved Kingdom of AK, (which I can already see happening here with the last two updates) and to see improvements for the good of the players in both of "my" games as I really have no experience with any problems/concerns in games I have not played. Having said that, remember that if you play other FTP games, this is the place to post your concerns about them as well and I urge you to do so.

guppies56
Clownfish
Clownfish
798 Posts

[Post New]by guppies56 on Sep 24, 14 11:04 AM
NoFishToday wrote:Midnight Castle is my primary game, having left Awakening Kingdoms due to all the fun being zapped out of it with every update since June. So, I want to remind everyone of a couple of things. This letter/thread is for all FTPs, but the mods decided only to have the one thread, which happens to be here in Midnight Castle. My mission at the moment is two-fold. To prevent here in the Castle what has happened in my beloved Kingdom of AK, (which I can already see happening here with the last two updates) and to see improvements for the good of the players in both of "my" games as I really have no experience with any problems/concerns in games I have not played. Having said that, remember that if you play other FTP games, this is the place to post your concerns about them as well and I urge you to do so.

Could I ask which specific mods have sanctioned the right for the MC forum to host the complaints system of 'all' FTP games?

NoFishToday
Salmon
Salmon
2,712 Posts

[Post New]by NoFishToday on Sep 24, 14 11:07 AM
Yes, you may. In the other forums, the threads were locked by bfgVaiya, who provided a link to this forum so that everything would be in one place and asked players to follow the link and post here.

guppies56
Clownfish
Clownfish
798 Posts

[Post New]by guppies56 on Sep 24, 14 11:34 AM
NoFishToday wrote:Yes, you may. In the other forums, the threads were locked by bfgVaiya, who provided a link to this forum so that everything would be in one place and asked players to follow the link and post here.

Thank you

Vlania
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,160 Posts

[Post New]by Vlania on Sep 24, 14 12:52 PM
Since I'm sitting in the principal's office and not able to help any of the other forums, 7 with links and 8 with removed posts, I worry for the lost ones. If any of you play the following games: Build-a-lot World, Bushwhacker 2, Cooking Academy, Hidden Express, Nightfall- Edgar Allen Poe, Relic Rescue, Rooms of Memory & World Mosaics Chroma, could you find a way to let them know about this thread, please? Give them a chance to speak? Thank you.
I second No Fish's request for all the forums to come and talk to Big Fish.
Thank you Frankie. After reading the letter a hundred times and sweating every detail, a new set of eyes is sometimes just the thing. Well said.

Go to: