Halloween!!

Rylj
Lobster
Lobster
86 Posts

Re:Halloween!!

[Post New]by Rylj on Oct 23, 14 3:25 AM
For the Halloween Fair you have to play rooms with the ghosts in them and they drop pumpkins for you . The pumpkins are tokens that you can redeem at the fair for special chests. There are chests that sell for 20pumpkins,40, 80 up to others that are 120, so save,save,save those pumpkins folks!!!!!!!!
There is a count down that will tell you when the fair opens.

[Post New]by Librarian2003 on Oct 23, 14 3:33 AM
Like Clashfan, I'm exploring in the Pumpkin Patch, and this morning the Fair pumpkins are dropping for every search, regardless of whether there's a ghost. So, if this continues, it might be worth waiting to take the reward when you've finished, and keeping the Pumpkin Patch open.

Clashfan78
Clownfish
Clownfish
695 Posts

[Post New]by Clashfan78 on Oct 23, 14 3:36 AM
Oh I see now that the countdown on the page is for when the fair opens. So you have 5 days to collect fair pumpkins and then you can use them to purchase the chests. That would be my assumption at this point.

Edit: I've added this from a previous post so it's easier to see.

You explore any locations with ghosts to get the pumpkins. You get one pumpkin per ghost and you have to explore no just chasing them away.

Now I've tried this in the pumpkin patch and this is the current result. I explored until I got a ghost, no pumpkins dropped at this time. I got a marine queen and when I explored the room I got one pumpkin for the fair. I kept exploring but now a fair pumpkin dropped with each exploration (no ghosts involved). I got another marine queen and when I explored the room I got 2 pumpkins for the fair.

No idea if this works in other rooms besides the special offer room as yet. I will keep exploring and post my results.

Edited to add:

Ok so I explored a couple of random rooms with no ghosts in them and got a fair pumpkin each time. I did one in Bellows and one in Paris.

So at this point it seems to me that once you do the initial ghost the fair pumpkins will drop but then you get 2 for each ghost you do. I hope that's true and not just some glitch that they fix quickly.

Edited on 10/23/2014 at 4:28:21 AM PST

Pobednik
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by Pobednik on Oct 23, 14 4:16 AM
Falks,
I foud out that in Venice you got one pumpkin in every room you visit, and whan goast apers you got 2 pumpkin for chasing it...

Hope I helped

Good luck

Pobednik
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by Pobednik on Oct 23, 14 4:41 AM
Also good to know.
You don t have to vaste tarra cards, couse goast very often and ease apears, when you search any room in Venice.
You don t even have to vaste timer, couse you got pumpkin no meter the time you finished.
I got 33 in 45 minutes.

Sorry on my bad English

GOOD LUCK

JLChestnut
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by JLChestnut on Oct 23, 14 4:55 AM
You're lucky. I'm only getting a fair pumpkin when I explore a room with a ghost.

dazedelf
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by dazedelf on Oct 23, 14 6:23 AM
I think they may have fixed it. I'm only finding pumpkins when I search rooms with ghosts. If i retry after banishing the ghosts, no pumpkins given. Also, I only get 1 pumpkin each time, never got doubles.

Nacho2012
Guppy
Guppy
158 Posts

[Post New]by Nacho2012 on Oct 23, 14 6:26 AM
dazedelf wrote:I think they may have fixed it. I'm only finding pumpkins when I search rooms with ghosts. If i retry after banishing the ghosts, no pumpkins given. Also, I only get 1 pumpkin each time, never got doubles.

The same here....

Clashfan78
Clownfish
Clownfish
695 Posts

[Post New]by Clashfan78 on Oct 23, 14 10:49 AM
Yep the bounty is over. That was a glitch and now I only get a pumpkin when I search with a ghost. I guess there was some advantage to having a sinus infection so painful that I couldn't sleep at 430am my time.

rheashard2
Clownfish
Clownfish
644 Posts

[Post New]by rheashard2 on Oct 23, 14 4:35 PM
Clashfan78 wrote:Yep the bounty is over. That was a glitch and now I only get a pumpkin when I search with a ghost. I guess there was some advantage to having a sinus infection so painful that I couldn't sleep at 430am my time.

I'm jealous. I have chronic sinus infections and problems too! But.... I luv an animal that has feathers and feather dust that goes perfectly with sinus conditions. To live in peace I now have negative ionizers everywhere! End result is a decrease in sleeplessness due to sinus with a decrease in infections.

kdsmith5cs16
Guppy
Guppy
151 Posts

[Post New]by kdsmith5cs16 on Oct 23, 14 4:41 PM
So, just to clarify, the new pumpkins for the fair only drop with a ghost (I get that part). Can they only be found in the pumpkin patch? Or can you find them in any other room with a ghost? And do they always drop when a ghost is around, or just there's a chance they'll drop when a ghost is around?

Crow12000
Clownfish
Clownfish
559 Posts

[Post New]by Crow12000 on Oct 23, 14 4:55 PM
kdsmith5cs16 wrote:So, just to clarify, the new pumpkins for the fair only drop with a ghost (I get that part). Can they only be found in the pumpkin patch? Or can you find them in any other room with a ghost? And do they always drop when a ghost is around, or just there's a chance they'll drop when a ghost is around?

Explore anywhere with any ghost and the fair pumpkins will drop every time. So if your using gold cards you can just use them once and deal with whatever ghost it gives you.

Also a reminder to everyone that exploring in TOK and Venice will get you ghosts in the manor. Someone posted specific rooms at one point but I can't remember them. I personally get the best results with the tilt yard.

rheashard2
Clownfish
Clownfish
644 Posts

[Post New]by rheashard2 on Oct 23, 14 5:08 PM
Also, leave one ghost/poltergeist active. I found that this encourages them to appear at a faster rate in unoccupied rooms. So you don't need to use up gold taro cards. You simply need patience.

Crow12000
Clownfish
Clownfish
559 Posts

[Post New]by Crow12000 on Oct 23, 14 6:24 PM
Talk about confusing try getting a pumpkin for the sword of tarnis, a fresh pumpkin for the offer and the fair pumpkins all in one go.

Only in the throne room I guess....

Marjasinstar
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,947 Posts

[Post New]by Marjasinstar on Oct 23, 14 6:33 PM
Someone just wrote me very confused about the two different offers. So, I'm reposting what I told her, just in case anyone else is confused.

The first offer, the one called Halloween, is pretty easy (the one shown on the left, one that says on the right that it expires in 3-1/2 days). It is a lot like the Circus challenge we recently had. You have to obtain creature-feeding items by exploring rooms or you buy them or both. No ordered tasks to follow like other offers. Just explore whatever rooms you like. They are dropping in all areas on the map. You need to feed Skeleton Knight, Frankenstein, and Mr. Pumpkin. They are found in Bellows--need to clear out the others in order to get these guys to appear. They drop the respective items you need to assemble Pumpkin Pie, Black Ring, and Mr. Pumpkin Head. You can also ask neighbors for items needed for these artifacts. You also need to collect licorice twists. They drop from all 3 Halloween creatures. You also need to collect Holiday Pumpkins, which you get from visiting your neighbors and feeding the Halloween creatures you see there. You get the Holiday Pumpkins to drop by feeding those creatures the mint candy that you get by buying in the store, from exploring rooms, or as gifts from your neighbors.

Once you get all the artifacts needed to build the key, you then open the Halloween Room and have to use 5 lanterns each time to explore it. You get these by buying in the store, exploring rooms, or from your neighbors as gifts (plus you can put on your wishlist once the room is open and you run out of lanterns). I believe the room is open the entire time the offer is running.

The second offer, the one called Halloween Fair (the one that only appears on the right side of the screen and says you have 7-1/2 days) reminds me of the Flower Fair we had this spring, only with a twist. Just to confuse you, you have to collect Pumpkins that are different from the Fresh Pumpkins that drop for the other Halloween offer. So the goal is to collect these Pumpkins, which according to others, drop one per search when you search any room with any ghost in it. There are no ordered tasks to follow. Just explore rooms that have any type of ghost in them. You have to search the room, not use any special "ghost busters" to banish the ghost. Once the fair opens in 4 -1/2 days, you can exchange those you have gathered for treasure chests. If you get enough, you can collect all chests.

Fellow players, did I miss anything?

Edited on 10/23/2014 at 6:44:44 PM PST

zumapuma
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

[Post New]by zumapuma on Oct 23, 14 8:23 PM
Excellent explanation...you get an imaginary blazing coal as a reward... you can trade it in later for imaginary chests or give it to a friend who REALLY needs them coals (laughing, smiling and giggling happy Halloween noises)

PS.

You ROCK!

Marjasinstar
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,947 Posts

[Post New]by Marjasinstar on Oct 23, 14 8:49 PM
Awww, Zuma thanks. I used to be an editor in my former life. That is before I became a full time gamer. As much as I would love to give that coal to my dear friend Class, I do believe a Halloween BBQ is in order. Let's roast a few of these pumpkins, maybe put one of those dragons on a spit for roasting, eat some of that yummy mint candy for dessert and wash it down with some mystic drink.

Beth87112
Minnow
Minnow
260 Posts

[Post New]by Beth87112 on Oct 23, 14 9:16 PM
Crow, I believe these may be the posts to which you referred:

tinebrella wrote:- If you search the Princess's Boudoir, sooner or later a ghost will come up in the Cellar.
- If you search the Gondolier's House, sooner or later a ghost will come up in the Cellar.
- If you search the Stained-Glass Workshop, sooner or later a ghost will come up in the Laboratory.

I thought I'd share this piece of info, it could be useful for Side Quests involving spooks
(going back for some more research, maybe I'll find other connections)

rheashard2 wrote:I noticed that too Tinebrella. It never occurred to me to note it in forums. I didn't go as specific as you though. If I want ghosts to appear in one area like Bellows then search another like Paris or whatever. The more you search the other section the more ghosts that will appear in other areas. I have had as many as 5 in an area. If the ghost isn't at the room wanted leave it. Search another room in that area (Bellows, Paris or where ever,) go to a different area (Knights, etc) for ghosts to appear elsewhere. Return to the area you are interested in and check. In Bellows I noticed that ghosts seem to appear in this order; cellar, study, library, observatory, dungeon. The water mill and gazebo seem to attract the fewest of the ghosts. In Paris the order seems to be Boat, Museum, Cafe with the other areas about equal. I haven't paid much attention to Knights and Venice order. I started paying attention to this when I wanted to reach level 5 in ghost chasing for each room. I was looking for a way to get ghosts without using gold cards. Again I apologize for not writing about this.

Marjasinstar
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,947 Posts

[Post New]by Marjasinstar on Oct 23, 14 10:40 PM
Beth87112 wrote:Crow, I believe these may be the posts to which you referred:

tinebrella wrote:- If you search the Princess's Boudoir, sooner or later a ghost will come up in the Cellar.
-

Just worked. Thanks to Tinebrella Beth, and Crow.

rheashard2
Clownfish
Clownfish
644 Posts

[Post New]by rheashard2 on Oct 23, 14 11:27 PM
Is there a limit on the number of chests you can get at the Halloween Fair? I was just wondering about it.

Go to: