bluesycat
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Dark Parables: The Little Mermaid and the Purple Tide here!

[Post New]by bluesycat on Nov 25, 14 2:24 PM
To add to the MacBookPro issues. I'm running OSX 10.7.5 and the game crashes at 38% on loading. Just FYI. I tried loading it in more than one location and more than once. 38% = crash. Hoping for a fix. Thanx.

Skeleton popout in bonus game solved on Mac

[Post New]by helen_jane on Nov 25, 14 3:57 PM
Eyereen wrote:

This time it helped to move the game to the applications folder (from a different one I normally use).

Worked for me. I, too, keep my games in a "Games" folder inside the default "Applications" folder on the Mac. When I moved the .app to the Applications folder the scene works properly.

Which is not to say the devs shouldn't fix it, but for those of you like me who just want to finish the game I paid for and not deal with Big Fish offering a "replacement" game or "Dr. Felix."

Come on, Big Fish, this is a game you commissioned with your Big Fish logo appearing throughout. I like the game OK, but I'm getting really tired of the tech glitches in your games. The flawless gems (both technically and for game play) are few and far between.

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Dark Parables: The Little Mermaid and the Purple Tide here!

[Post New]by kagaya on Nov 26, 14 8:52 AM
There should be a popup when I click on a statue in one of the princesses' rooms, Princess Daphne? I'm stuck at the point where I have a tiara and staff/baton that should be placed on that statue, but the popup does not load, so I'm stuck at that point. The only ways I can get out from there (since there's no 'close popup' button) is to jump to another room via the map, or force quit etc. I guess the main problem is just that the popup and its related stuff need to be visible on the screen, thanks. Mac version.

molla311
Stingray
Stingray
4,680 Posts

[Post New]by molla311 on Nov 26, 14 11:57 AM
Same as needles + some others
-Exited the game, when I started igen, got a message saying profile data was corrupt and game would start again at the beginning.

Asus notebook N53Jq series
windows 7 home premium

kaboobie
Guppy
Guppy
111 Posts

[Post New]by kaboobie on Nov 28, 14 8:18 AM
Just adding my name to the list of Mac users unable to click on the knight in the Bonus Chapter. I'm running Yosemite 10.10.1 on a late 2012 Mac Mini.

Moving the game to the Applications folder fixed the issue for me too.

[Post New]by Littlenanny49 on Nov 30, 14 9:13 AM
Problem with pinocchio, have given antidote, but can't speak to him, picture shows two of him ,one laying down ,one standing, have reloaded game but just the same ,help please,

bonggamer
Guppy
Guppy
111 Posts

[Post New]by bonggamer on Nov 30, 14 7:24 PM
bfgMurrumbidgee wrote:G'day,

I just wanted to drop in and let our Mac users know that the developers are aware of the trouble that you're seeing with the game crashing and they're looking into a permanent fix.

In the meantime, as has been mentioned, this can be resolved by either uninstalling and reinstalling the game so as to have it in the Applications folder or moving the app to the Applications folder.

Please note, if moving the app is your preference, please do hold down Command to ensure that the app is moved and not copied.

bfgMurrumbidgee

Hi BFG Murrumbidgee - I cant seem to get an update for the bug fix. Is it fixed? Has BFG released a new version? Appreciate an update please. I tried shifting it to the apps folder but it still does not work!

bfgVaiya
Salmon
Salmon
2,557 Posts

[Post New]by bfgVaiya on Dec 1, 14 11:45 AM
Hey bonggamer

I'm sorry to see there's trouble with getting the update! There was an update released on November 21, 2014 to fix the issue of the game not progressing if the Plant Revival Solution item is used on the flower in Princess Daphne’s room before the Pot of Water has been used.

If you've reinstalled the game from your Purchase History since that update was released, you should have the most recent version of the game. If not, I've included the link to the update announcement below for more information:

UPDATE! New build for Dark Parables:The Little Mermaid and the Purple Tide CE - November 21, 2014

For those experiencing issues that weren't fixed in the update, please contact Tech Support HERE with a Dr. Felix Report, and our Reps will be more than happy to troubleshoot with you.

bfgVaiya

bonggamer
Guppy
Guppy
111 Posts

[Post New]by bonggamer on Dec 1, 14 9:52 PM
bfgVaiya wrote:Hey bonggamer

I'm sorry to see there's trouble with getting the update! There was an update released on November 21, 2014 to fix the issue of the game not progressing if the Plant Revival Solution item is used on the flower in Princess Daphne’s room before the Pot of Water has been used.

If you've reinstalled the game from your <a href="https://store.bigfishgames.com/my_account/my_purchase_history.php">Purchase History</a> since that update was released, you should have the most recent version of the game. If not, I've included the link to the update announcement below for more information:

<a href=http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/305592.page>UPDATE! New build for Dark Parables:The Little Mermaid and the Purple Tide CE - November 21, 2014</a>

For those experiencing issues that weren't fixed in the update, please contact Tech Support <a href="http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/ask">HERE</a> with a <a href="http://www.bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=1688">Dr. Felix Report</a>, and our Reps will be more than happy to troubleshoot with you.

bfgVaiya

Ah bfgVajya - all is revealed. The problem I have is that the game freezes on the statue in Princess Daphne's room - and the screen kind of dims. Continue to have to same problem and cannot proceed further in the game. So the new build is not updated to resolve this problem right?. Thanks

bfgVaiya
Salmon
Salmon
2,557 Posts

[Post New]by bfgVaiya on Dec 2, 14 1:58 PM
Hey bonggamer

The update should have fixed that issue, so if you've installed the update and this is happening, please contact Tech Support HERE with a Dr. Felix Report, and one of our Reps can take a look.

I hope this helps

bfgVaiya

[Post New]by tracibell on Dec 2, 14 5:45 PM
whitneypresley wrote:same issue kazooie2628

kazooie2628 wrote:Weird stuff happening in Princess Daphne's Room. When I click the statue in the center, the screen goes kind of dim, like when you're looking at an inventory item, but nothing shows up. Does that make sense? Anyway, I checked the guide and it says that there's supposed to be like a close-up in the frame. I just got the game and I've enjoyed it so far, but this thing is keeping me from getting an item I need to complete the game. If it were a bonus or something, I'd be content to wait it out.
I'm gonna try and do a system update (I'm not running Yosemite yet) and see if that helps. If not, then I'll be back to update this post.

Same problem here running Mac. Just updated system and its still not working

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Dec 2, 14 6:49 PM
bfgVaiya wrote:Hey bonggamer

The update should have fixed that issue, so if you've installed the update and this is happening, please contact Tech Support <a href="http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/ask">HERE</a> with a <a href="http://www.bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=1688">Dr. Felix Report</a>, and one of our Reps can take a look.

I hope this helps

bfgVaiya

bfgVaiya, I think the vast majority of the people still having problems are Mac users. The new build post doesn't specify if the new release is for PC, Mac, or both. Some of the Mac users were able to progress by moving the game folder to the Applications folder, but that didn't work for all of them.

kaboobie
Guppy
Guppy
111 Posts

[Post New]by kaboobie on Dec 3, 14 10:55 AM
burf90 wrote:
bfgVaiya, I think the vast majority of the people still having problems are Mac users. The new build post doesn't specify if the new release is for PC, Mac, or both. Some of the Mac users were able to progress by moving the game folder to the Applications folder, but that didn't work for all of them.

I am pretty sure the new build isn't for Mac, as I did not see it in my Game Manager even when I changed the setting to manually check for updates.

Also, even though moving the game to Applications worked for me, I did submit a request to tech support along with a Dr. Felix report. The reply I received was just the usual troubleshooting tips, and suggested I run a Dr. Felix report, indicating that they clearly did not read my message!

[Post New]by DimePiece527 on Dec 3, 14 12:11 PM
My game is running with a horrible time delay. It worked perfectly fine the first time I played now it's extremely slow.

garmed
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by garmed on Dec 4, 14 1:03 PM
Having the same issue in the Bonus game getting the shield. I have email tech help and done everything they said to do. Mainly upgrade Flash. I sent them Dr Felix. I told them other people were having the same problem. She said she didn't see that anywhere. Where is she looking? Obviously, no help at all. I even reinstalled the game even though she did not suggest that. Running OS 10.9.5 on iMac.

Just took the app out of my Games folder in the Application folder and it worked!! Shouldn't have to do that though IMHO

Edited on 12/04/2014 at 2:17:29 PM PST

[Post New]by sydneyc53561 on Dec 4, 14 2:45 PM
I playing the Bonus Chapter on my PC Laptop and I'm trying to free Theresa but it wont let me do anything, and yes I have looked at the Guide and I have everything I need to proceed. I just won't let me click on anything.

Edited on 12/04/2014 at 2:46:20 PM PST

oh_mags
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by oh_mags on Dec 10, 14 1:10 PM
This game is super buggy! Lots of having to click several times on the same thing to get it to actually select it, which is so fun in a game in which clicking on things in the main game mechanic.

Scenes load very slow, which isn't an issue with any other game I have played recently.

I would think my computer may not be able to handle the game if it weren't for the fact that I can run loads of other games without issue. For whatever reason, this game just can't keep up with itself. It is very frustrating, I have stopped playing this game due to them. I fear I may end up breaking my mouse with all my harsh clicking when the game get constipated and you can't just click once or twice or three times on something to select it.

I have a PC and windows 7.

[Post New]by EmeraldWyvern on Dec 13, 14 10:56 AM
I'm having the same issues posted by other users with MacBook Pros -- I had to move the game to my desktop to get it to run at all, and clicking on the statue to place the tiara and staff just fades out the main room, and the only thing I can do from there is use the map to jump to another room. I've tried this on two separate MacBook Pros, one running Snow Leopard and another running Mavericks.

Very disappointing not to be able to finish the game, as Dark Parables is one of my favorite game series.

[Post New]by peachesmom50 on Dec 14, 14 6:22 AM
I experienced the exact same weirdness you described in princess Daphnes room. I am already running yosemite so it doesn't make any difference. I too cannot progress further into the game and I'm very disappointed cause its a gorgeous game!

[Post New]by cplove on Dec 14, 14 6:52 AM
kazooie2628 wrote:Weird stuff happening in Princess Daphne's Room. When I click the statue in the center, the screen goes kind of dim, like when you're looking at an inventory item, but nothing shows up. Does that make sense? Anyway, I checked the guide and it says that there's supposed to be like a close-up in the frame. I just got the game and I've enjoyed it so far, but this thing is keeping me from getting an item I need to complete the game. If it were a bonus or something, I'd be content to wait it out.
I'm gonna try and do a system update (I'm not running Yosemite yet) and see if that helps. If not, then I'll be back to update this post.

Same problem here on my mac

Go to: