Empty Jar won't work

[Post New]by gardennymph01 on Jan 17, 10 3:02 PM
jmccosh wrote:I am at the next to last level.. with Confucious and Franklin and the Glass Jar you get from the Confucious that is suppose to go into one of the "starry" puzzles in the Franklin scene won't work. It wont take it and says you need another item to use there. But there are no other items and it is clearly the shaded out picture of the Glass Jar I need. Any fixes or suggestions? I am using the Mac version.

Re:Welcome to Flux Family Secrets: The Ripple Effect forum

[Post New]by gardennymph01 on Jan 17, 10 3:03 PM
Same problem. The empty jar in Inventions Ben F is not recognized and Ican go no further. Mac too.

[Post New]by L_Sugar on Jan 19, 10 9:28 AM
This is by far one of the most unique and engaging hidden puzzle games that i've played. I like the fact that it is made up of many smaller puzzles within a bigger puzzle game. I give it 4 stars and thats a very high score.

[Post New]by rosie28sammy on Jan 22, 10 10:47 PM
gardennymph, I had the same problem until I had that duh moment and realized I needed to fill the empty jar with water from the waterfall and then use it in the Ben Franklin room.

Wow! I did the trial on this game when it first came out, but because there were so many games I wanted to get first, I waited until it was on sale. I wish I hadn't waited! Very good game. The storyline is interesting. There is just enough dialog so you understand what is going on without being bored by small talk. Some of the items are a little difficult to find, but overall there is a good mix between easy and difficult.

I do wish they had added more people/times from history instead of having to go back and forth within the same group, but at least the rooms were varied so it wasn't boring. I like how most of the hidden objects are geared towards the particular time in history that it is used for so it makes it easier to figure out what is used where. Hints refreshed quickly and the option to skip the minigames is wonderful, although I didn't have to skip many as they were enjoyable as well. Great game and I hope the sequel comes soon!

[Post New]by u422031 on Jan 27, 10 7:30 PM
can anyone tell me where the harp pieces are located im stuck?

janet070
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by janet070 on Mar 6, 10 3:59 PM
I played out the demo and would like to buy this game but the zoom does not work, and the objects do nothing not even when I used a hint and found them. I clicked and nothing.Is it me or the game? I don't want to pay 6.99 for a game that dosen't work.

buddhabme
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by buddhabme on Mar 6, 10 10:11 PM
Cute game, probably good to play with kids.

I had a problem where I couldn't get into the last room of three that I needed to get into, The game kept taking me to other two rooms even though they were complete. First time I've had a problem with a BF game. I see on the forum that there are several other glitches, so I'm going to pass on this one even though it's a DD. I liked it, but not enough to fight through glitches.

harlequen
Catfish
Catfish
1,724 Posts

[Post New]by harlequen on Mar 7, 10 6:58 PM
I really really liked this game, I'm sooo slooow and played for over 15 hour,
had a lot of fun with it, didn't have to use the walkthrough, that was
relaxing for ones, and I only paid $2.99, got a lot for my money,
when I need to relax, I'm playing it again, Thanks BF
P.S. By the way I'm not a Kid, I'm past fifty.

redroo
Guppy
Guppy
169 Posts

[Post New]by redroo on Mar 8, 10 12:54 AM
Thank you that was an excellent game. Didnt have any technical problems. A longish game that can be completed in sections.

redroo
Guppy
Guppy
169 Posts

[Post New]by redroo on Mar 8, 10 12:55 AM
Notice 'empty jar' problems...you need to fill it at the waterfall....then you can use it...

Darcy123
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by Darcy123 on Mar 11, 10 7:07 AM
I really enjoyed this game! I loved the visuals, and the effects. Bright and informative... and very fun... And it was a bargain at $2.99!!!

I had no glitches, no problems at all. Ran like a charm. Extra good value too, as you get to play it through a 2nd time, with more challenging hidden objects the next round...

Edited on 03/11/2010 at 7:10:08 AM PST

Ahugo
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
5 Posts

[Post New]by Ahugo on Mar 13, 10 7:26 AM
I really love this game, it is one of my favorites, does anybody know if there is a very similiar game to this one, that i would also like? i have been searching, and not seeing anything too similiar? thanks

[Post New]by Jim6622 on Mar 15, 10 3:18 AM
Saw this game mentioned in another forum for another game so I thought I would try it out. Thoroughly enjoyed this one. Informative and fun. The only glitch I had was with the mini-game that you click colored pedals to intercept the electric pulses coming down the four colored lines at the pedals. The bar was almost at the top when it started and never moved. I clicked pedals for almost 10 minutes and never saw it move. I just stopped clicking anything and still the bar never went down as the pulses hit the pedals. So I just skipped that one and moved on. Everything else in the game worked fine and ran smooth. Now this is the kind of time you should be able to spend on all the BF games, especially the CE ones, instead of buying after the trial hour only to find out you were 15 mins from the end of the game. Well done BF. We want more of these (without the glitches).

Edited on 03/15/2010 at 3:19:03 AM PST

uniphin
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

[Post New]by uniphin on Mar 25, 10 10:37 AM
the whole family loved this game, i hope there will be another one, different to your usual hogs, long playing time and good replay value, 10/10

[Post New]by Drumwidow on Mar 27, 10 8:16 PM
Loved this game. Went all the way through to chapter 5 discoveries and found everything but Christopher Columbus room the ship coordinates on the map with the magnafiying glass. We put the glass there and all we see is a map. We can't find it anywhere. Is this a glitch or can someone help?

sirhc56
Guppy
Guppy
122 Posts

[Post New]by sirhc56 on Mar 28, 10 10:23 PM
I absolutely loved this game. Good replay value and I learned a few things they didn't teach me in history class...or maybe that was during my nap time. HaHa

textrekkie
Shark
Shark
13,265 Posts

[Post New]by textrekkie on Apr 30, 10 7:31 AM
Don't know why I waited so long to try/buy this game. It's really great!

MEnr56
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,984 Posts

[Post New]by MEnr56 on May 12, 10 12:08 PM
chubbyland wrote:I have to say that I enjoy this game as much as Return to Ravenhearst. All the objects are hidden really well, and kudos to the amazing art works. Thumbs up to the game developers, great job!

Hi Folks

Am looking to "spend" my last gamecard credit and since I Ravenhearst -- got it free from an e-birthday card and this is what has started this addiction, er, um gaming experience and also have Return to Ravenhearst (is there going to be a sequel involving Victor?) -- I think that I'll give it a trial test.

Wish me luck and will keep you posted

Menr56

MEnr56
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,984 Posts

[Post New]by MEnr56 on May 12, 10 2:00 PM
MEnr56 wrote:
chubbyland wrote:I have to say that I enjoy this game as much as Return to Ravenhearst. All the objects are hidden really well, and kudos to the amazing art works. Thumbs up to the game developers, great job!

Hi Folks

Am looking to "spend" my last gamecard credit and since I Ravenhearst -- got it free from an e-birthday card and this is what has started this addiction, er, um gaming experience and also have Return to Ravenhearst (is there going to be a sequel involving Victor?) -- I think that I'll give it a trial test.
Wish me luck and will keep you posted

Menr56

Edit: used gamecard credit and "purchased" the game

[Post New]by kittensloy on May 17, 10 11:50 AM
I'm on the final solution to this game. In the Confucius area, the lower right purple spread with the half oyster on it, doesn't display the round boxes with the items to find to get the puzzle piece. I've deleted this game and downloaded it again with the same problem. Is this a game defect?

Go to: