Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Mystery Case Files: Dire Grove, Sacred Grove here!

[Post New]by roselleleroux on Nov 27, 14 6:03 AM
Hi

Just to let you know

My game froze at HOP scene in the attic of the shop. I restarted my computer as previous posts suggested and it worked

Enjoy the game!

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Mystery Case Files: Dire Grove, Sacred Grove here!

[Post New]by shaideline on Nov 27, 14 7:14 AM
Game downloads then when it says activating, game manager says not responding. Tried everything. Help!

webduckie
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by webduckie on Nov 27, 14 11:11 AM
I too downloaded the game without reservation because the first one was so good. I do have a question about how to get the date combination on the museum curator's door to move. I know the correct date from clues, but the dials won't move for me. What am I doing wrong? Is it a known glitch in the game, or me?

[Post New]by gypsielady99 on Nov 27, 14 11:28 AM
I have a different problem. In one of those superbly intricate and enjoyably aggravating mini games, I need to remove the fur in order to untie the knots in the rope. (Yes, I used the Help button to find that out, but don't judge me for that!)

However, I can't click on the fur at all. It's at the bottom of the screen and my cursor turns into an arrow, taking me back to the previous scenario. I've tried everything but just can NOT click on the fur!
Super annoying because I am loving this game.

[Post New]by gypsielady99 on Nov 27, 14 11:39 AM
Running on Windows 7, BTW.

Rainbow722
Flounder
Flounder
2,404 Posts

[Post New]by Rainbow722 on Nov 27, 14 11:44 AM
Running on an iMac, OS X.10.1. I have never had such a long download time on any game before! And whenevet I restart my iMac, the game disappears from the game manager and I have to download it yet again! And it takes hours

I'm in chapter 4, in front of the museum and have put the oil can on the oil drip and now cannot retrieve the oilcan with oil. Any ideas on how to proceed?

I'm loving the game!

Edited on 11/27/2014 at 11:45:38 AM PST

oliversgranny
Guppy
Guppy
122 Posts

[Post New]by oliversgranny on Nov 27, 14 11:45 AM
I am unsure if this is a glitch or me having a bad day
but I have finally got it to download ok after clearing the virus.not good.
but when i try and place the nails on the flat stone bit it will not allow me as it says I need to find 6 nails. but having checked in the Guide it says I should only need 4?
what am I missing or is it a problem?

wendy

[Post New]by EllenfromMars on Nov 27, 14 1:52 PM
Hi,

As I can see I'm not alone in this case. In the alternative ending I'm stuck finding the raven. Please help.

[Post New]by jjnshane on Nov 27, 14 4:21 PM
EllenfromMars wrote:Hi,

As I can see I'm not alone in this case. In the alternative ending I'm stuck finding the raven. Please help.

It took me two days, shutting down the game from Program Manager several times and also restarting my computer three times, but I finally made it through this hidden object scene. Spoiler: The last raven is behind one of the fallen beams near the center top of the screen.

j62janet
Clownfish
Clownfish
638 Posts

[Post New]by j62janet on Nov 28, 14 1:07 AM
I use Windows 7, 64 bit, and Google Chrome.

I only played the demo, and the game crashed, I'm going to get the game, and hope it doesn't happen again, if it does, well I'll get it sorted

Edited on 11/28/2014 at 1:38:01 AM PST

teeitup46ok
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,217 Posts

[Post New]by teeitup46ok on Nov 28, 14 1:28 AM
I also got a warning from McAfee regarding a trojan being quarantined. This is what my activity report showed and this is only a short sample of a long list. Did not see the Artemis..... that others mentioned.

RDN/Generic.dx!dhc!BF335B5A5F86 Trojan N/A Low 11/28/2014
RDN/Generic BackDoor!b2q!11BD422D294E Trojan N/A Low 11/28/2014
Generic PUP.x!4A97A550D4D3 Program N/A Low 11/28/2014
Generic PUP.x!75672C4D7267 Program N/A Low 11/28/2014
Generic PUP.x!3A3651DB4309 Program N/A Low 11/28/2014
Generic PUP.x!8572C70DC9EF Program N/A Low 11/28/2014
Generic PUP.x!5B1C16C6B602

I will wait awhile before I play and see if anything is done, if there is a problem.

Car Puzzle Glitch

[Post New]by cabailey on Nov 28, 14 2:46 AM
codeking wrote:
Poodlebear wrote:
jojo3983 wrote:using windows 8. got into the car and the game freezes. The music still playing but won't let me out of the car. I am clicking on try to find the pairs.

EXACTLY the same issue for me at the same spot. I had gotten to last group of pairs - coins. I can move my cursor but nothing happens, clicking does nothing, can't exit or use hint or strategy guide. Using Windows 7 Home Premium.

I can get to the last pair, the coins, then the screen stops responding. It finds one of the coins then nothing. Not even the hint, strategy guide, menu or bottom exit area of screen work.

Have exited the game and restarted several times, have tried accessing the game in compatibility mode however it then gives me an access violation error.

Am running Windows 7 32Bit, Intel Core Duo 1.87GHz 4Gb RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6570

silver64
Minnow
Minnow
245 Posts

[Post New]by silver64 on Nov 28, 14 6:19 AM
Hi All,
My two pennies......I run Vista and had the same problem as others with the matching items scene in the car - the game froze so I exited the game and when I went back in there was no problem so I was able to continue.

Last evening my Darling Daughter finished the main game while I had stepped away so I was looking forward to playing the bonus chapter today. When I tried to open the bonus chapter the game froze, I could hear the music but could not move the cursor.
I couldn't get out of the game at all so had to do a hard reset. Opened the game to be met with my profile is corrupt and I have to start all over again. Hmmmmmmmm

Silver

SeaBamboo
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,158 Posts

[Post New]by SeaBamboo on Nov 28, 14 7:21 AM
Looks like the matching items in the car is a problem for a lot of us; I am running Win7 64 bit & I too have a frozen screen.

What makes it worse is that this is the 2nd game within a few days to have a tech error which means starting back at the beginning. So tiresome

For years as I've played games at BFG I have had no problems but lately that seems to be a regular occurence.

[Post New]by Angelgirlmew on Nov 28, 14 8:21 AM
Angelgirlmew wrote:Playing on iPad. I've made the bullets and moved on to the next chapter, but the map and the hints still want me to be in Derek's house and make bullets again and won't see that the task is done. The hint button and the flags on the map are now useless. I'm a bit aggravated.

I figured out the glitch, it allowed me to make the bullets without adding the coal to the mix (only saltpeter and sulfur in the crucible). Once that happens, the game won't recognize that you've moved on, and I don't think you can undo the mistake once it's done.

Edited on 11/28/2014 at 8:32:31 AM PST

[Post New]by Angelgirlmew on Nov 28, 14 8:30 AM
Now I have a new one....again, iPad version of the game. When I pick up the last page of Derek's diary in his house, the game crashes and closes. Now I can't do anything-every time I pick up the page, the game closes.

Paid the money,bought the game, can't play it. I am not happy.

[Post New]by carlabene on Nov 28, 14 12:41 PM
I am also having trouble w/the car scene. I got to the coin, and it froze up on me. Turned off my computer 2 times and restarted and it will not do anything. Can move the cursor but not anything else. I am using Windows Vista.

Zhenya722
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by Zhenya722 on Nov 28, 14 1:26 PM
McAFee noted Trojan immediately after game download, and quarantined it.

[Post New]by missycat4player on Nov 28, 14 4:03 PM
Zhenya722 wrote:McAFee noted Trojan immediately after game download, and quarantined it.
same here.

Edited on 11/28/2014 at 4:05:41 PM PST

Joyfullady
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,498 Posts

[Post New]by Joyfullady on Nov 28, 14 5:06 PM
biscuitsmama wrote:My McAfee found the following Trojan and quarantined the file:

Artemis!F1FABEDF1E11

Said something about screen puzzle 1. I have never had this happen before. I thought BFG guarantees that all their games are virus tested and that these types of files are not in their games.

I sure hope this doesn't cause any issues with playing the game but will soon find out as I am off to start playing now.

Downloaded and played the trial with no problems, bought the game and both my Malewarbytes and McAfee have flagged it with the Artemis Trojan and quarantined it!
Laptop with 8.1 Windows!

Edited on 11/28/2014 at 5:09:51 PM PST

Go to: