lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

Re:TGT: Cindy's Travels: Flooded Kingdom

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Apr 16, 09 9:16 PM
Oh cool!!!! That "replay" option from the main menu doesn't do a complete restart, it allows you to pick which level you want to replay!

Now if there were just a marking of some kind on which of the little dots was which... oh well I can find the slider puzzles by trial and error. Perhaps I'll take a screen shot and make notes or something.

[Post New]by alex_reality on Apr 17, 09 7:12 AM
cherbtoo wrote:OK I have now played a few more levels and I have got to agree with Bribling because the constant illumination of the path has hurt my eyes too and I have had to pack up playing .

If you want to disable constant illumination of Cindy's path, you have to delete (or rename) the file "arrow.col".
If you choose to rename it, rename it into "_arrow.col", for instance. The point is that the game won't find the file with illumination and it will be gone.
This file is usually located in "c:\Program Files\Cindy's Travels - Flooded Kingdom\content\particle\arrow.col".

Checked. It works 100%. The illumination will be gone!

Smallhaven
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
42,220 Posts

[Post New]by Smallhaven on Apr 17, 09 7:22 AM
Thank you, Alex, for chiming on how to disable the flashing lit pathway. Though it hasn't bothered me... yet. *fins crossed*

bep1
Shark
Shark
10,381 Posts

[Post New]by bep1 on Apr 17, 09 7:23 AM
It isn't that bright on my computer, I am glad to say.

bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

[Post New]by bribling on Apr 17, 09 8:21 AM
Thanks Alex! I am glad to know this. This makes the game one I can buy.

Edit.
I did buy and the trick worked fine! I am now in the "Prison" but as soon as I got there I had an "Access Violation" and the game closed on me. In the past when this happened in another game I was able to start right where I left off and continue the game. I hope that works for me this time. Fins crossed.

Edited on 04/17/2009 at 10:17:34 AM PST

bfgCelebes
Flounder
Flounder
2,038 Posts

[Post New]by bfgCelebes on Apr 17, 09 11:08 AM
Hi all,

Just letting you know that Cindy has a home of her very own in All Games, so this thread is traveling to the official Flooded Kingdom forum.

Cheers!

~~~bfgCelebes~ ~~~

Smallhaven
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
42,220 Posts

[Post New]by Smallhaven on Apr 17, 09 12:04 PM
alex_reality wrote:If you want to disable constant illumination of Cindy's path, you have to delete (or rename) the file "arrow.col".

If you choose to rename it, rename it into "_arrow.col", for instance. The point is that the game won't find the file with illumination and it will be gone.

This file is usually located in "c:\Program Files\Cindy's Travels - Flooded Kingdom\content\particle\arrow.col".

I just followed your directions and poof! went the flashing lit path. And I like the game much better this way. So much so that I've gone ahead and purchased it.

Edited to add:

I got to the slider log game and kept getting an .exe file error violation. Once I went and reversed the _arrow the problem was resolved.

Edited on 04/17/2009 at 12:23:20 PM PST

[Post New]by TopazMystique on Apr 17, 09 12:34 PM
Not a fan but glad most of you like it. I gave it a "C" (is that 2.5 stars? ). Don't particularly like linking games like this (same with Azkend) and found the "aerial" view not to my liking. Would like to know the story but not enough to buy they game.

EDIT: Played A-B-O-O right after this and liked it much better.

Edited on 04/17/2009 at 1:30:26 PM PST

bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

[Post New]by bribling on Apr 17, 09 1:31 PM
alex_reality wrote:...If you want to disable constant illumination of Cindy's path, you have to delete (or rename) the file "arrow.col".
If you choose to rename it, rename it into "_arrow.col", for instance...

I did that. I renamed it just as you suggested and played well for quite a while. When I came to the Prison log slider the game crashed with an "Acess Violation". I tried it 3 times with the same result.

I started a new game which played until the first log slider when I again had the "Access Violation".

I went to Ptogram Files and renamed "_arrow.col" back to "arrow.col". Played both games and both worked but Oh, Oh, that killer Path illumination. It is painful and annoying. I assume I could now change that file name again and continue. It's a lot of trouble though

Smallhaven
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
42,220 Posts

[Post New]by Smallhaven on Apr 17, 09 2:26 PM
bribling wrote:
alex_reality wrote:...If you want to disable constant illumination of Cindy's path, you have to delete (or rename) the file "arrow.col".
If you choose to rename it, rename it into "_arrow.col", for instance...

I did that. I renamed it just as you suggested and played well for quite a while. When I came to the Prison log slider the game crashed with an "Acess Violation". I tried it 3 times with the same result.

Same thing happened to me.

I am noticing now that Cindy has progressed about halfway, the lit path isn't near as intrusive. Actually comes in handy in the snow and ice paths.

Am I the only one who notices Cindy looking up at me as if to say "C'mon. Get the lead out. Move it move it move it..."?

Must say I'm pleasantly surprised at how much I'm enjoying the game play.

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Apr 17, 09 3:21 PM
Hmmm.... here I figured that Cindy was looking at me and saying "what the HECK do you think you were doing with that move???"

Smallhaven
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
42,220 Posts

[Post New]by Smallhaven on Apr 17, 09 3:34 PM
lordkalvan wrote:Hmmm.... here I figured that Cindy was looking at me and saying "what the HECK do you think you were doing with that move???"

LMFO!

Mentally, I'm telling the impatient woman to chill. That I'm matching as quickly as I can so back off.

ruby_leo
Clownfish
Clownfish
764 Posts

[Post New]by ruby_leo on Apr 17, 09 5:24 PM
LOL Small!

I am really enjoying the game as well!

[Post New]by alexreality on Apr 18, 09 12:26 AM
Smallhaven wrote:
alex_reality wrote:If you want to disable constant illumination of Cindy's path, you have to delete (or rename) the file "arrow.col".

I just followed your directions and poof! went the flashing lit path. And I like the game much better this way. So much so that I've gone ahead and purchased it.

Edited to add:

I got to the slider log game and kept getting an .exe file error violation. Once I went and reversed the _arrow the problem was resolved.

Oops... Sorry I haven't checked it in mini-games. This issue seems to be worth fixing by BFG.
I've started a new thread here on the forum. Check it out. I suggest that anyone annoyed with path illumination would leave a message there.

Serov
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
4 Posts

[Post New]by Serov on Apr 18, 09 1:14 AM
alex_reality wrote:
cherbtoo wrote:OK I have now played a few more levels and I have got to agree with Bribling because the constant illumination of the path has hurt my eyes too and I have had to pack up playing .

If you want to disable constant illumination of Cindy's path, you have to delete (or rename) the file "arrow.col".

As one of developers of this game I have an advise: please do not delete or rename files in game folder! It may cause game crash!

If this illumination is really serious problem - please write Private Message for me, and we'll try to find the solution.

Serov
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
4 Posts

[Post New]by Serov on Apr 18, 09 1:16 AM
bribling wrote:Thanks Alex! I am glad to know this. This makes the game one I can buy.

Edit.
I did buy and the trick worked fine! I am now in the "Prison" but as soon as I got there I had an "Access Violation" and the game closed on me. In the past when this happened in another game I was able to start right where I left off and continue the game. I hope that works for me this time. Fins crossed.

As one of developers of this game I have an advise: please do not delete or rename files in game folder! It may cause game crash!

If this illumination is really serious problem - please write Private Message for me, and we'll try to find the solution.

[Post New]by DazzleDream on Apr 21, 09 2:30 AM
The game looks fun, addictive and no boring. I love games of such kind - that have a lot of levels. But sometimes levels are too long, sometimes too fast, but its little lack)
- for graphic
- for gameplay
- for addiction

Alteron
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by Alteron on Apr 21, 09 2:52 AM
first game i bougt on bigfish. toooo sweet i think... girlish.... for children.... so i presented it too my liitle sister - she likes Cinderela

[Post New]by olorina on Apr 22, 09 3:34 AM
i play Cindy's Travels with my children. they ecstatic! thank for good family game

holyguard
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by holyguard on Apr 22, 09 5:50 AM
ive wrote to introduction thread and now want to ask you
stupid question i know but how to move wooden logs on the way?...

Go to: